Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680844 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 17, 2016
dickoflife:
ok who gradcafe don EEP?
quite a number of people here

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 1:06pm On May 17, 2016
dickoflife, introduce me to your maternal uncle na, make him be our maternal uncle and sponsor

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 17, 2016
Bussy123:

Nebraska is a very cheap. My brother lived there. He was paying $400 for 2 bedroom apartment monthly. Its very cheap. I actually applied to UNL.
Wow it's very cheap. UNL fall or spring?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by drealsheggs: 1:21pm On May 17, 2016
me too go like dey under maternal uncle umbrella o, cos e be like say na maternal uncle go fit do ham o....... grin

motifoluwasolami:
dickoflife, introduce me to your maternal uncle na, make him be our maternal uncle and sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 1:27pm On May 17, 2016
House please for those that collected their i20 using dhl or any other courier service, how much dollars did they charge to send it to Nigeria, plus did they charge at official rate or parallel rate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 17, 2016
Tods:
House please for those that collected their i20 using dhl or any other courier service, how much dollars did they charge to send it to Nigeria, plus did they charge at official rate or parallel rate?
Depends on your bank.
Banks no dey charge official rate.
Just have between $65- $125 in your account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 1:33pm On May 17, 2016
Tods:
most schools would sometimes ask you pay a hundred dollar fee to the courier company,most will send it free sometimes.Dont know what u meant by official rate,you just have to make payments using a credit or debit card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 1:35pm On May 17, 2016
Just picked up my passport now. Thank you house

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 1:36pm On May 17, 2016
Oga reply PM na haba
Fortissimo:

Oh...prep is going well, man. How you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2016
Tods:

My school sent it free.... Twice!!! I got it within 4 days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 1:38pm On May 17, 2016
Sign up at eship global. Check if your school is a partner or among the list of schools. They have discounted rates of dhl,ups,fedex etc. 3-5days. Prices from $103-110. Most importantly your docs will arrive on time and secured. Btw u can pay with Paypal. They dont accept card payment from nigeria only paypal
Tods:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 1:40pm On May 17, 2016
MG is just like WU. I replied someone on page 7 or so. Try and check it. But just for fidelity bank account holders.
pepe4reps:

I'm glad and indeed grateful bro,thanks a lot.....his does MG work pls??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 1:41pm On May 17, 2016
lionlee216:
Pls, How do I change my appointment date? I am seeing May 19 which I dont want. I am yet to pay though but I have filled the form up to the payment stage

Thanks

Click on d choice of date you want.. Ignore d avaliable date if you don't like it.. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 17, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Just picked up my passport now. Thank you house
Enjoy your stay in Obamaland

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 1:42pm On May 17, 2016
Yea I know they send for free which takes time but I want an expedited delivery that's why an opting for the courier service option. I meant the rate at which the bank will charge, is it official rate of 200 or black market of 320 or so?
Angelapinkytoes:
most schools would sometimes ask you pay a hundred dollar fee to the courier company,most will send it free sometimes.Dont know what u meant by official rate,you just have to make payments using a credit or debit card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 1:45pm On May 17, 2016
Wow nice. Just kinda scared that the document doesn't get lost that why I want to use dhl. Will the school send another one if a previous one get misplaced?
gunther6:

My school sent it free.... Twice!!! I got it within 4 days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 1:48pm On May 17, 2016
Yea. My school uses eship global. At what rate does paypal charge?l
Mekurexx:
Sign up at eship global. Check if your school is a partner or among the list of schools. They have discounted rates of dhl,ups,fedex etc. 3-5days. Prices from $103-110. Most importantly your docs will arrive on time and secured. Btw u can pay with Paypal. They dont accept card payment from nigeria only paypal

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 17, 2016
Tods:
Yea I know they send for free which takes time but I want an expedited delivery that's why an opting for the courier service option. I meant the rate at which the bank will charge, is it official rate of 200 or black market of 320 or so?
Which bank do you use?

Gtbank is #299 to $1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 1:54pm On May 17, 2016
Thanks a lot. I will be using access bank to pay
Holudarey01:

Which bank do you use?

Gtbank is #299 to $1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 1:56pm On May 17, 2016
pls house need an urgent reply from u guys.a friend of mine just paid for american student visa fee at gtb but instead of F1 category he was given a printout of M category which is vocational(student).will like to know if d mistake can affect his interview.if yes can he go to do bank and tell them to change it if that possible. thanks for anticipated support.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 17, 2016
Tods:
Thanks a lot. I will be using access bank to pay
Access Bank charge 335/USD.

Gtb, stanbic and UBA are still fair
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 2:08pm On May 17, 2016
Kpimp:
pls house need an urgent reply from u guys.a friend of mine just paid for american student visa fee at gtb but instead of F1 category he was given a printout of M category which is vocational(student).will like to know if d mistake can affect his interview.if yes can he go to do bank and tell them to change it if that possible. thanks for anticipated support.

GTB will tell you the payment has gone and they will ask you to pay new cash .What you can do is that, on d appointment platform you will see feedback, log your complain dia..
You will need to attach you international passport, bank teller, print out given to you by GTB..
They will help you out..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 2:12pm On May 17, 2016
@don4eye thanks for the quick response.will tell him that though he's going to d bank already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:25pm On May 17, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
hahaaa. person wey be say highest na 50k he dey dash me.... rich people are d stingiest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2016
Holudarey01:

quite a number of people here
haaaa..... dare so u new abt this and u never introduced me... well don... kontinuuu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 17, 2016
dickoflife:
haaaa..... dare so u new abt this and u never introduced me... well don... kontinuuu.
lol. u no dey communication disorder na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2016
abeg,this Form A mode of paying tuition,how long does it take for payments to be made? And do the banks charge based on cbn rate? Responses please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kayzoner70(m): 2:52pm On May 17, 2016
don4ye:

GTB will tell you the payment has gone and they will ask you to pay new cash .What you can do is that, on d appointment platform you will see feedback, log your complain dia..
You will need to attach you international passport, bank teller, print out given to you by GTB..
They will help you out..
Kpimp:
don4ye:

They will help you out..

No, he doesnt have to make another payment, as long as the mistake came from them. This same thing happened to me on thursday, they did another transaction which came with a new receipt number but it was delay till d next day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 2:59pm On May 17, 2016
Tods:
to my current knowledge banks won't charge you the official CBN rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 3:01pm On May 17, 2016
Bussy123:
Hi all,

I recently accepted an offer into graduate program (PhD) in chemistry. I was offered a financial support as a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) or Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) with stipend. In short, its fully funded.

What are the embassy requirements please? How can I prove strong tie to my country? My education has been back to back, I recently completed Master in Chemistry (graduated in September) in UI but still carrying out researches and writing papers (Journals) so I am not doing any paid job now.

What advice can you guys give when it comes to embassy in Lagos? so far my PhD is fully funded with monthly stipend, do I have to present huge back statement to embassy?
What are the documents that I should provide or take to the embassy with me?

Looking forward to hear from you guy.
Thanks

With all these you are good to go.. Also you will need to show sponsorship of possible and also defend your full ride, although it's very rare to see PhD student getting denied for student visa..

Go along with your Passport, i20, admission letter with GA letter, sevis reciept, bank statement of sponsor, certificate, transcript, standardised test result

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2016
abeg,this Form A mode of paying tuition,how long does it take for payments to be made? And do the banks charge based on cbn rate? Responses please

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.