Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC (58777 Views)

Prostitutes Plan Mass Protest Fuel Price Hike / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Photos Of Ibe Kachikwu At The House Of Representatives Over The Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Segadem(m): 3:54pm On May 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by repogirl(f): 3:54pm On May 14, 2016
lol, the guy might be right.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by DeKen: 3:55pm On May 14, 2016
If una like, una protest.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by mightyhazel: 3:55pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn and, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

So, what are you guys on about?
they are on a zombie outing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Kriely(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2016
Mutuwa:

Agree,agreeyah,agreeiest.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by vRendoh(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2016
oSIBANJO SAYS THEY HAVE NOT REMOVE SUBSIDY NAW!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Deen77: 4:02pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn and, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

You must be joking, Oil boom started with OBJ and worker's salary and population are not the same. Even our Senate budget from 49 billion is now 119 billion. Foreign debt is more than $8 billion, over 1.2 trillion is in this year budget to service debt.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by laprince(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2016
Sall:
I must say , what brought about the hunger was failure of the previous government to plan when we had plenty. And now ressession sets in we are bound to get exhausted and tired and hungry. And now enough is enough every every one must bear the brunt of our reckless spending season and be ready to make sacrifice for the future and progress of this country.so our children will not lay the blame of today on us tommorow if we fail to sacrifice today for them. My take.

Stop saying OUR RECKLESS SPENDING. was everybody involved in the spending.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Goddex: 4:03pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by ROCKJ1(m): 4:05pm On May 14, 2016
I concur
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by repogirl(f): 4:06pm On May 14, 2016
Sall:
I must say , what brought about the hunger was failure of the previous government to plan when we had plenty. And now ressession sets in we are bound to get exhausted and tired and hungry. And now enough is enough every every one must bear the brunt of our reckless spending season and be ready to make sacrifice for the future and progress of this country.so our children will not lay the blame of today on us tommorow if we fail to sacrifice today for them. My take.
Story! What moves did this government make in its early stages when it was plain to every one that recession was coming?

Your president was travelling for months looking for what we don't know.

To pick ministers nko? He delayed for so long, so that he could pick Angels like Amaechi and co. Till now sef, it's still as if the Ministers are absent. Especially Finance minister, what's her name again? Exactly!

In the mean time, the CBN was hitting us with stúpid policies, that was speedily increasing the rate of worthlessness of our currency instead of helping it.

The minister of works and power added his own. Higher tariffs for lesser electricity. Or was that the fault of the previous government too?

IMF came and warned, The whole world warned, but Boooohari with F9 in Economics, on his fake certificate was forming Economist.

What has happened now? Hasn't he bowed?

Time to face the reality. This government is filled with confused people who don't know what should be done at the moment.

We haven't even begun. Even this 145 which they have fixed as Petrol price will never work! The demand for forex will get higher than the 298 they are talking about. This government is not ready to face reality.

When they are ready, that's when positive changes will happen.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunshine1974(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2016
amaechi1:
What brought the hunger? This government or past government or failure to plan when we had plenty?
ur moniker answers d question very well....ur mumu amaechi and fashola made us not to save so quit pushing blame, rather blame ur party.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by nsedet: 4:09pm On May 14, 2016
Zoombie having a take. Unbelievable
Sall:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by InvertedHammer: 4:13pm On May 14, 2016
/
Staging protests against the fuel price hike is a colossal waste of time. The police will end up killing a few people and life goes on.

What happens after the protest? Nigerians will still pay N145 or more per litre of gasoline.

Buhari has not even hammered the last nail to the coffin. The naira devaluation may just be it. Fasten your seat belts because there is a lot of turbulence ahead. There are still 3 more years left. Buhari may even win a second tenure especially with the way most of you are willing to sell their future for 3 cups of rice and N1000.
\

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Lekison(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2016
hmm .....I concur
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Lekison(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2016
undecidedhmm .....I concur
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Omeny: 4:17pm On May 14, 2016
U are spot-on Bro!

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by bigfather(m): 4:17pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

And what has Buhari achieved with what he met on ground?

Good Question !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Sall(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2016
At nsedet I don't have much to say to kids like your kind .your entire family's must be a walking death. Bloody wailing wailers.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by johnnday222(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2016
forghon:
dat was wen naira get value are u still blaming buhari for dat?

I just like d way both of u argue with point n comparison....not some kid dat will start raining curse/abuse on each oda...

3 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Sall(m): 4:21pm On May 14, 2016
At sunnybobo. What he had achieved with empty treasurer . You need to be schooled .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by ijebu2020: 4:24pm On May 14, 2016
My own question be say where is this man called Pastor Tunde Bakare..this time around hes been so quiet since this useless Apc Buhari government started.....are men of God hypocrites too.....somebody hlp me tell Pastor Bakare to speak up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Ninilowo(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2016
The guy is 100% correct. There's hunger in the land. Oluwa gba WA oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by omokab: 4:24pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Both of you should ask your Mathematics teachers to refund whatever monies they collected for tutoring you.

Nigeria sells oil in dollars and converts the dollars to naira with which it funds it's budgets. Now at $9 per barrel in 1999 and official exchange rate of 22 naira, 1 barrel of crude would fetch OBJ 9 × 22 = N198

At $40 per barrel in 2016 and official exchange rate of 199, 1 barrel of oil would fetch Buhari 40 x 199 = N7,960

So, for every N198 OBJ earned, Buhari earned N7,960.

What are you guys still on about?
sunnybobo is u that your lecturer suppose to withdraw back your certificate fir this unknown analysis you did. What do you know about time value of money? Comparing the value of money today with over 10 years is a failure on your side. Definitely you are not a student economics or financial management. Still talking about inflation do you know how to measure in term of comparism? There are so many factors and calculations which time and space will not allow me to mention here because you can't even understand it. But the little one you can understand is that, exchange rate(official) is still maintain at 198-199 which is the rate at which jonathan government sold crude oil at international market and the price of crude oil have dropped drastically in international mkt so the income to be generated between the two can never be the same and the cost of spending due to the time value of money,inflation rate, cost of maintainance, cost of purchase some items especially the one from abroad, management cost, cost of bringing goods from abroad and cost of transportation etc. What the govt need to do is to look inwards the program that will favour the economy by using its fiscal and monetary policy that will bring back the economy. An economy that will not favour micro,small and medium term enterprises together with encouraging private investor will never grow. Pls don't compare baba regime with this government because is yaradua and jonathan regime that suppose to continue where obasanjo stopped but finished our treasury by encouraging corruption all over the country. We are reaping from their bad economy policy that favour only the rich while poor continue poorer.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Omeny: 4:24pm On May 14, 2016
nsedet:

My Guy, If someone is fooling u,refuse to be fooled!

Is the company you work for today if u have work at all as BROKE as they are now like the previous yrs u talked about?

Are u urself as BROKE are u are now like b4?

Can u comfortably buy anything now like b4?

If NO, this is why they call ur likes ZOMBIE!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by MrAboki: 4:24pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

What was the benchmark price of oil when Obasanjo came into power?

How much was minimum wage?

What was the dollar exchanging to the Naira for?

What was the pump price of PMS?

How much was the FG paying for Subsidy?

What was the highest price of crude between 1999 - 2007?

grin

What was to time value of money between 1999 and 2016?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by glamz007(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2016
lmao. I said same thing to ma friends. NLC is on dia own
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Autino(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

And what has Buhari achieved with what he met on ground?
what did he achieve? Ok surry hike in every thing including blackberry subscription
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Kenobus: 4:27pm On May 14, 2016
Sall:
complete lie
. The present govt is inept. It is sad how Buhari became president. He should resign

3 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by usy309(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2016
ononujuchika:
agrededede ede urie! grin

Aggreegiii
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Omeny: 4:28pm On May 14, 2016
nsedet:

Not u I referred to jharee Bro!

Na that guy wey say the previous govt no plan well and he need to die now to plan for the future!

He's a Zombie indeed!
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by najib632(m): 4:31pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Compare the population and number of working class people as of then and now, compare the political awareness of then and now, compare the number of undergraduates as at then and now, compare the number of despirados as at then and now and compare the money that was looted as at then and now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Corper Goes Into Hiding, Crying As Gunmen Storm Their Polling Unit(video) / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / "Basket Of Tomatoes Is N25k In Lagos" - Moremi Ojudu, Daughter Of Buhari's Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.