Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC (58780 Views)

Prostitutes Plan Mass Protest Fuel Price Hike / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Photos Of Ibe Kachikwu At The House Of Representatives Over The Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Sgwash: 7:45am On May 15, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

So, what are you guys on about?
just ignore them let em keep on fooling around
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by babestella: 7:52am On May 15, 2016
[s]
arresa:
[s]

1. Our refineries getting maintained and receiving attention unlike 16 years of failed, corrupt and incompetent PDP is a fact.

2. The fact that the NSA is no longer stealing and sharing our money is a fact.

3. Our money no longer funding spiritual prayers like under GEJ is a fact.

4. Our stolen funds stashed away and getting returned to serve our needs is a fact.

5. GEJ and his service chiefs looting $15 billion military funds while our troops die on the battle field is a fact.

6. Stolen Billions recovered from GEJ administration and his service chiefs is a fact.

7. GEJ stealing and giving our money to Metuh for presidential assignment is a fact.

8. Direct funding of the 2nd Niger bridge under the current administration after 16 years of PDP lies and deception is a fact.

9. Lagos calabar rail system funding and construction with thousands of jobs and economic injection under this less than a year administration is a fact.

10. Lagos ibadan express funding and construction under this less than a year administration is a fact...unlike 16 wasted years under the PDP and useless and incompetent jona.

11. Lagos kano rail line is on track to be comppleted with full funding by this less than a year government and this is a fact.

12. Nigeria shining and getting well deserved respect on the world stage unlike worthless and corrupt Jona is a fact..

13. N3 trillion savings under this less than a year government is a fact.

14..Your opinion regarding Dasuki and other crooks on trial for crimes against the people if Nigeria which you are part of is just your own jundiced opinion. Fact remains that they are on trial and not in any possition to loot and share our money again.

15. Unlike under GEJ when boko haram and terrorists took over our territory, our troops flushing them off our land regardless their suicide bombers slipping in every now and then to kill Nigerians is a fact.

Again, we've gained so much under this less than a year administration than 16 years of crooked, corrupt and incompetent PDP and jona.

I debate facts, rational and thoughtful reasoning and never misguided, irrational and half baked opinions like yours..

Byw, stealing is now corruption..
[/s]
[/s]

How much were you paid to post this deceitful thrash.

You must think everyone is stuuupid.

When did Lagos Ibadan express construction start? Is it Buhari that started it? During obj, it was a disaster.

Benin Ore road started when?

The rail lines you are claiming now started when, apart from the Lagos Calabar rail that caused issued because some people never wanted it to happen.

You are saving 3 trillion, but Nigerians cannot have electricity, good roads nor petrol.
Obj continued to save money while Nigerians died on a daily basis along Benin Ore road resulting from accidents due to bad roads, people slept in traffic for days and got robbed by hudlums.
GEJ fixed that road in less than 24 months.

You said $15 billion dollars looted? Did I hear you well? And what stops your Buhari from jailing those who looted it since he so sure and have evidence it was looted.
I can see that it's no longer 2.1 billion dollars arms gate, it's now a new figure thrown up for zombies like you to propagate.

You better gerrarahia, your thinking the katsina weed is what you'll take and come here to type rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Sgwash: 8:12am On May 15, 2016
[quote author=arresa post
[/quote]
This one is still talking about PDP... u seem not to be in tandem with the current happenings
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 9:57am On May 15, 2016
Sall:
I must say , what brought about the hunger was failure of the previous government to plan when we had plenty. And now ressession sets in we are bound to get exhausted and tired and hungry. And now enough is enough every every one must bear the brunt of our reckless spending season and be ready to make sacrifice for the future and progress of this country.so our children will not lay the blame of today on us tommorow if we fail to sacrifice today for them. My take.

Even my dog sabi body pass u.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Nobody: 3:22am On May 16, 2016
omokab:
sunnybobo is u that your lecturer suppose to withdraw back your certificate fir this unknown analysis you did. What do you know about time value of money? Comparing the value of money today with over 10 years is a failure on your side. Definitely you are not a student economics or financial management. Still talking about inflation do you know how to measure in term of comparism? There are so many factors and calculations which time and space will not allow me to mention here because you can't even understand it. But the little one you can understand is that, exchange rate(official) is still maintain at 198-199 which is the rate at which jonathan government sold crude oil at international market and the price of crude oil have dropped drastically in international mkt so the income to be generated between the two can never be the same and the cost of spending due to the time value of money,inflation rate, cost of maintainance, cost of purchase some items especially the one from abroad, management cost, cost of bringing goods from abroad and cost of transportation etc. What the govt need to do is to look inwards the program that will favour the economy by using its fiscal and monetary policy that will bring back the economy. An economy that will not favour micro,small and medium term enterprises together with encouraging private investor will never grow. Pls don't compare baba regime with this government because is yaradua and jonathan regime that suppose to continue where obasanjo stopped but finished our treasury by encouraging corruption all over the country. We are reaping from their bad economy policy that favour only the rich while poor continue poorer.

Let us say fighting the boko haram war and Niger Delta amnesty consumed alot of money under Jonthan's tenure. Talking of corruption under Jonathan, has administrative and institutional corruption been stopped under Buhari ? More hunger, more desperate moves to be corrupt.

The losses from crude oil production shut in is costing Nigeria over $1m barrels loss per day. About $40m daily if he had avoided a fight with Ex militants. The options are there for Buhari to be wise, but he prefers military style of leadership.

After one year, you still blaming ur predecessor shows all round incompetence.

The gains in agriculture under Adeshina has been eroded. If staple food were to be in abundance, it will definitely be cheap like in 2013/2014 and people wont be crying hunger. Do we import garri or yam ?
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by omokab: 5:36am On May 16, 2016
Naughtysite:

Let us say fighting the boko haram war and Niger Delta amnesty consumed alot of money under Jonthan's tenure. Talking of corruption under Jonathan, has administrative and institutional corruption been stopped under Buhari ? More hunger, more desperate moves to be corrupt.

The losses from crude oil production shut in is costing Nigeria over $1m barrels loss per day. About $40m daily if he had avoided a fight with Ex militants. The options are there for Buhari to be wise, but he prefers military style of leadership.

After one year, you still blaming ur predecessor shows all round incompetence.

The gains in agriculture under Adeshina has been eroded. If staple food were to be in abundance, it will definitely be cheap like in 2013/2014 and people wont be crying hunger. Do we import garri or yam ?
the issue of fighting boko haram has a limited effect on jonathan regime if a solid approach has been used to fight boko. Most of the money supposed used to fight boko were diverted for personal reason. Boko would have been crushed for a very long time with minimal resources but people that were eating from the war allowed it escalated. Maojority of the problem may not actually come jonathan because the blind folded him by giving him a wrong impression about the war. Blaing your past leaders for awrong doing is normal in politics and other means of live. When obasanjo became the president in 2009 he blamed military a lot that they are the ones bringing nigeria backward for a very long time. But that does not mean you should leave your own responsibility and continue lay ing finger of blsme on your predecessor. To be sincere with ourself the last administration spoiled a lot in our economy. If only one person can stole 1-10 billions from the treasury how do you want such economy to grow? They saw the loopholes they utilized it by dried our national treasury. The only thing we can do is to allow this government by giving them a breeding space for like 3 years to study them if they mean well for the country but if not 2019 is around the conner. The labour union should not bring us back into srike action becuase of their own selfish interest. They knew that alomost country of the world have increased their pump price including America and Saudi. They should only negotiate for increase in minimum wages to match the increment. That all what I have fro now. Ggod morning
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by xelly: 6:20am On May 16, 2016
Sall:
My point is from your statistics and what Jonathan meet and what he left on ground that guy almost destroyed this country considering the price of crude during his tenure.

Some people opt to sharing the reserve. I guess they are in Government now complaining about low reserve. Can everyone that got shares then return what they took?
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by jpphilips(m): 11:14am On May 16, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

A little reading can save you some embarrassment. Oil sold below $9 per barrel in Oct 2008 and was $9 when OBJ came in. O j himself even confirmed that recently

"When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing".

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/asking-account-abachas-loot-stupid-obasanjo/

If you were not a child, you would have known that Obj could have lied with his figures, I know you are desperate to see where oil prices are listed, ask nicely and I will show you, don't take Obj's word for it.
He was just the president, never was he bloomberg or wall street.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:20am On May 16, 2016
jpphilips:

If you were not a child, you would have known that Obj could have lied with his figures, I know you are desperate to see where oil prices are listed, ask nicely and I will show you, don't take Obj's word for it.
He was just the president, never was he bloomberg or wall street.

"The oil price is now lower in money terms than it was in January 1974, immediately after the first oil shock. Not only that, it is lower than at any stage since. The most striking thing is the way the price on the Arab light measure has halved since the autumn. Last October it was over $19 a barrel: last week it was below $9 a barrel. If the oil price had doubled, think what a story that would have been. But it has halved, and most of us have hardly noticed. Remember, too, that in real terms the oil price is lower than it was before the first oil crisis".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/oil-at-9-a-barrel-is-a-trigger-for-economic-instability-1166953.html

Why don't youth of nowadays read?
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by jpphilips(m): 10:53pm On May 16, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

"The oil price is now lower in money terms than it was in January 1974, immediately after the first oil shock. Not only that, it is lower than at any stage since. The most striking thing is the way the price on the Arab light measure has halved since the autumn. Last October it was over $19 a barrel: last week it was below $9 a barrel. If the oil price had doubled, think what a story that would have been. But it has halved, and most of us have hardly noticed. Remember, too, that in real terms the oil price is lower than it was before the first oil crisis".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/oil-at-9-a-barrel-is-a-trigger-for-economic-instability-1166953.html

Why don't youth of nowadays read?

So Obasanjo was your president in June 1998, did you read the link at all?
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 4:51am On May 17, 2016
jpphilips:

So Obasanjo was your president in June 1998, did you read the link at all?

I just want you to keep making a fool of yourself.

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by disloman(m): 6:36am On May 17, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

So, what are you guys on about?
If you believe that you have made a reasonable logic of comparing both govt,you are the most jim-jones person I've ever come across with.
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by jpphilips(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

I just want you to keep making a fool of yourself.

Continue reading from your fellow block heads!!
Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by AyodejiGREAT: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2016
nortcentrallord:

One way or the other, you are "TECHNICALLY" either a wailler or a Zombie. You just haven't accepted it yet.
who dis one epp? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Basket Of Tomatoes Is N25k In Lagos" - Moremi Ojudu, Daughter Of Buhari's Aide / Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) / Dele Momodu's Interview With Nnamdi Kanu (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.