Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) (43403 Views)

Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by onebamoh: 9:26pm On May 15, 2016
#ISupportSubsidyRemoval, NLC should go fight casualization of Nigeria workers.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by vicobosi: 9:40pm On May 15, 2016
I wonder how some people are supporting this deregulation when the minimum wage of 56k has not been considered instead the next thing is increase in fuel price. It's easy on the rich because it doesn't really make any difference but what of the poor just surviving on the $52 (18000 naira), how much stuff can that buy these days? Selfish is what I call people against the strike...
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by bigtt76(f): 9:52pm On May 15, 2016
If NLC had retailiated with a demand for minimum wage increment then it would have made sense instead of demands for low fuel price. For goodness sake, people bought fuel at 250 naira per litre. If you force a reversal, we won't even get the fuel again. NLC that did not fight when no fuel, no light now fighting for fuel price reduction.....not in our interest jaaaare!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by 007Gbenga: 10:08pm On May 15, 2016
bigtt76:
If NLC had retailiated with a demand for minimum wage increment then it would have made sense instead of demands for low fuel price. For goodness sake, people bought fuel at 250 naira per litre. If you force a reversal, we won't even get the fuel again. NLC that did not fight when no fuel, no light now fighting for fuel price reduction.....not in our interest jaaaare!

Your head don skatter ! its not your fault though! Mallam!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by 4front(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2016
Let them shut up and go and sleep in the dustbin if they don't know what to protest on. i wonder if these set of noise makers went to school at all, blc i don't know the reason why they could not hold on to better points to process their protest rather than holding on to an irreversible matter. During GEJ admistration they failed us woefully, untill the FG chased us away from Ojota. was the price from N65 reversed? We dont need google to answer this question.. We are not in support of this protest, blc it is just like they want to stage another STAGE DRAMA for us. Sorry, we are not their audience. If they really want to protest, let them protest on the Salaries and the allowance of the House of Assembly, how can we justify this to the present economic predicament in the country;
*Nigeria Senator- $2,183,685.00
The details of the remuneration of an
average Nigerian Senator is detailed below;
* Basic Salary (B.S) – N2,484,245.50
* Hardship Allowance (50% of B.S) –
N1,242,122.70
* Constituency Allowance (200% of B.S) –
N4,968,509.00
* Newspapers Allowance (50% of B.S) –
N1,242,122.70
* Wardrobe Allowance (25% of B.S) – N621,061.37
* Recess Allowance (10% of B.S) – N248,424.55
* Accommodation (200% of B.S) – N4,968,509.00
* Utilities (30% of B.S) – N828,081.83
* Domestic Staff (70% of B.S) – N1,863,184.12
* Entertainment (30% of B.S) – N828,081.83
* Personal Assistants (25% of B.S) – N621,061.12
* Vehicle Maintenance Allowance (75% of B.S) –
N1,863,184.12
* Leave Allowance (10% of B.S) – N248,424.55
* Severance Gratuity (300% of B.S) –
N7,452,736.50
* Car Allowance (400% of B.S) – N9,936,982.00
* TOTAL MONTHLY SALARY = N29,479,749.00
($181,974.00)
* TOTAL YEARLY SALARY = N29,479,749.00 x 12 =
N353,756,988.00
The average salary of Nigerian worker based on
the national minimum wage is N18,000.00, So,
the yearly salary is N18,000.00 x 12 =
N216,000.00
Remember, Yearly Salary of Nigerian Senator =
N353,756,988.00
Proportion: N353,756,988.00/N216,000.00 = 1,638
It will take an average Nigerian worker 1,638 years to earn the yearly salary of a Nigerian Senator.

Let them protest on this and leave the story of fuel increase. We are no longer babies, our eyes are clear.....Rubbish

abpoet
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by permanentgrace(m): 10:17pm On May 15, 2016
Akinz0126:
I concour.If the federal government must proceed with its price,They should better implement the #56,000 minimum wage.come to think of it that 18k is no longer sustainable and now there's an hike in fuel price.

#TeamImplement56knewMinimuMWageNow#

My dear, from whichever angle you look at it, hiking fuel price at this time is not logical at all. First, the N18,000 is a sum that has fallen below what anyone can survive with. Secondly, not everyone has a job he/she earns the said sum from. For the interest of the general public, Buhari has no moral right whatsoever to increase price of petrol especially at this time knowing full economic impact if such is enacted. Besides, we were already living in abject hardship and we dont deserve more to be added to it. 1cup of garri is N50 in my area. Which kind life be this?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by jashar(f): 10:18pm On May 15, 2016
Mayflowa:
NLC is a joke. They are doing this to fulfil all righteousness. To make the people feel they are working!

Subsidy removal is the best thing that can ever happen to Nigeria. I only feel sad because, we should have gone through that phase as a nation in 2012 but Buhari, APC and others fought hard against it. Maybe by now, private refineries would have been competing in Nigeria.

How can govt pay for the daily fuel consumption and illegalities of over 180 millions Nigerians. Do NLC knows how much that Is in a day. We virtually drink fuel in this country because to power anywhere.

How can govt raise money to build roads, provide power, water, health and school? Do we want to spend all our collective wealth on fuel alone?

No offence, I may not know much. But they can start by slashing the pay package of government officials.
That would create more money to carry out better projects. It's what leaders that are concerned about the Nations' welfare would have done 1st not impose more hardship on the citizens at this critical time.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 15, 2016
melvin0004:
what was ur comment in 2012 when gej removed subsidy.........

I supported it....I'm an ardent deregulation fan, GEJ time was even d best time for it not now...however, for a future we desire it just has to happen
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 15, 2016
firstolalekan:

I no go happen.
God forbid bad thing

E don happen finish
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by permanentgrace(m): 10:23pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:
I am a Civil Servant and I do not endorse going on an indefinite strike because of the removal of subsidy.
If the strike is for an increment in minimum wage then I would endorse.

That is for selfish reasons. How about those who are neither civil servants nor working at all? Or have you forgotten the rate of unemployment in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 15, 2016
Esseite:

[b]I think you got it wrong.. there is subsidy...
The vp confirmed it.
The naira was only devalued to N285 to accomodate marketers get dollars not just from cbn"whom is fast running out", but from the open market.. the issue at hand is, govt only assumed 285, knowing fully well that its 345.. so that competition bull crap and market force down is total rubbish. Because how do you get the dollar at 285 to arrive at a retail cost of 145?

If fully deregulated.. the price of petrol would sky rocket.

Bottomline - we still pay subsidy, we are only running out of dollars, thats all..

Solution : kick off all sorts of refinery in the country both local and non local (checkmate the quality though) but license them.

- that is the only way to force down the price faster. Because we cant control the crude oil market.

- if i go to nipco filling station to get fuel at N50 because they dont have to ship and all its protocols and the fuel was certified okay by nnpc... those importing would be forced to open local refiniries.. because they can't compete with their 145 from importing..

My 2 cents

[/b]

I don't want to argue on this issue...I maintain my stand.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by permanentgrace(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2016
Mayflowa:
NLC is a joke. They are doing this to fulfil all righteousness. To make the people feel they are working!

Subsidy removal is the best thing that can ever happen to Nigeria. I only feel sad because, we should have gone through that phase as a nation in 2012 but Buhari, APC and others fought hard against it. Maybe by now, private refineries would have been competing in Nigeria.

How can govt pay for the daily fuel consumption and illegalities of over 180 millions Nigerians. Do NLC knows how much that Is in a day. We virtually drink fuel in this country because to power anywhere.

How can govt raise money to build roads, provide power, water, health and school? Do we want to spend all our collective wealth on fuel alone?

My friend, stop ranting. Any decision that is not for the interest of the people considering the current economic situation is a bad one. Accept that.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Vick4rill(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2016
tunjidj3:
strike action can not solve the problem at this crucial time when everyone can go to filling station without any problem so let nlc look for another thing to agitate for.if the rich are crying do you want poor to also crying no they should call their children abroad to come and stage protest for them .what poor people want is availability
do you know that when the 'available' becomes unaffordable, it is still not available.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Mayflowa(m): 10:50pm On May 15, 2016
permanentgrace:

My friend, stop ranting. Any decision that is not for the interest of the people considering the current economic situation is a bad one. Accept that.

Of course this isn't a populist decision. It should be forced through for posterity sake. What will you say when workers are not paid and no money to run the country's facilities. didn't it happened to states? Or do u think central bank just go and print money. Do u want Nigeria to suffer same fate?

There is no money. What can't u understand about it. If you don't have money, what can you do even when your wife is hungry. To raise money to meet more important needs, the country had to cut spending. This is common sense!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Mayflowa(m): 11:03pm On May 15, 2016
jashar:

No offence, I may not know much. But they can start by slashing the pay package of government officials.
That would create more money to carry out better projects. It's what leaders that are concerned about the Nations' welfare would have done 1st not impose more hardship on the citizens at this critical time.

To speak the truth, salaries cut can't go anywhere! Subsidy is the cause of all these dollar wahala will are in. Let me explain a little. Buying and selling is more trouble free and profitable than starting companies.

Because of subsidy, there exist ready payment of imported fuel. So u make instant money plus all the fake customs declare imports. So who go want build refineries with labour union and power wahala?

That is why since 1980s no one thinks of refineries. Govt and elite citizen make billions of dollars from.subsidy.

Right now, all the dollars we get from exporting crude oil, we spend it again on importing petrol,kerosene, diesel etc. Since u don't hv dollars again, the small dollars price went up and every other things goes up.

If we stopped it, we may be lucky to get back to our feet but if we continue it we are dead
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:27pm On May 15, 2016
Akinz0126:
I concour.If the federal government must proceed with its price,They should better implement the #56,000 minimum wage.come to think of it that 18k is no longer sustainable and now there's an hike in fuel price.

#TeamImplement56knewMinimuMWageNow#

Stale news...They r even now proposing N70,000 minimum wage.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by henrynick(m): 11:39pm On May 15, 2016
FagsamPHP:
The thunder that will Fire MUMUhamdu Dullard Buhari & his cabinets members is still doing press up!!!!!!!!!

if you supported/Protested in 2012 and you against it now in 2016 na Ogun/Sango go rape you!!!!

Stupid fool its late aiit just crawl jejely and sleep...tomorrow is a new day with wonderful opportunities.... Stop fooling ur self like this I dey shame for u
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by alizma: 11:41pm On May 15, 2016
rattlesnake:
is that how they spell indefinite
even the heading of the letter get problem, how can they be protesting against increase in PMS product? it should have been protest against increase in price of PMS product

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by oweman: 12:45am On May 16, 2016
[quote author=pendusky post=45647553]But wait Oooh!

Where was NLC all this while, was thinking they were APC and pro Buhari coz this strike is long overdue!

But why e come happen when I dey Leave

Hope they will count it out for me
grin
God punish all the Morons that protested against GEJ in 2012 and now telling us Buhari is on the right track in 2016
grin

Truth is OUR government cant continue to pay subsidy to fuel smugglers neither are we prepared to continue the fuel scam thing anymore .

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by donvicky2007: 1:22am On May 16, 2016
All we need is to pray for this Nation and her leaders cox as it stands now strike will not solve the problem of this Great Nation.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by eddyslim(m): 2:56am On May 16, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis country self, how can I get visa to iraq?
Are you really sure you want to down there?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by cochexky: 5:12am On May 16, 2016
The spelling of the Indefinite (INDEFINATE) will determine if I will join the strike or not. I need help please NL.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by RillJ(m): 6:33am On May 16, 2016
[/color][color=#990000]'INDEFINATE, Strike. See what this 'change' has caused? Even government agencies cannot spell correctly anymore.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by samokoduwa(m): 6:54am On May 16, 2016
U
verifielive:
The Nigerian Labour congress is set to embark on a nationwide strike on Wednesday the 18th 2016 over the recent hike in petrol price/removal of fuel subsidy. Below is a letter they sent to all government agencies urging the government employees to follow their directive.

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/nlc-sends-letter-government-agencies-shutdown-wednesday-18th/

Na wa o. Why can't NLC fight for the wages of people how wld two days or four days strike help a common man even if they can push it to 135 the 18000 is still not enough to pay. NLC why Make we watch in 6D no impact for this strike
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by FagsamPHP(m): 7:44am On May 16, 2016
henrynick:

Stupid fool its late aiit just crawl jejely and sleep...tomorrow is a new day with wonderful opportunities.... Stop fooling ur self like this I dey shame for u

na ur papa be stupid fool, Oponu!!!!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by slavemerchant: 7:54am On May 16, 2016
edoboy33:
are universities included cause i wanna go home

My lazy son
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by greatman247(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis country self, how can I get visa to iraq?

U want go IraQ to go get bombed and die? You still have your life here, u no cherish that? Na wa ooo.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by greatman247(m): 8:40am On May 16, 2016
NLC are on their own, their strike actions won't help the common man instead it will add to the sufferings of the common man. I urge them to let the fuel subsidy removal by FG to remain but it will be nice if FG can review the subsidy removal price downward to something like N120 or N100 per ltr., then it will make a whole lot of sense to common man on the street. Since the fuel subsidy removal will encourage competition in the downstream sector and thereby bringing the price down in the long run, aide the prompt supply of PMS across the country, also this will kick away queuing up to buy fuel in stations and some other bad stuff. Then I sincerely believe NLC should direct all their energies to fight for the increase of salaries of workers. I think that's what NLC should be concerned about now, workers welfare.

At lease FG should use the money saved up as a result of fuel subsidy removal to pay salaries year in, year out and govs must never have any silly excuse ever again as to owing any worker a kobo any longer. If NLC can have that assurance and exercise patient. If they wait for like 6 months for example and govs still owe salaries then they should protest. Because as it is now FG or gov should not even have excuse of owing workers salaries in any month.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by henrynick(m): 9:08am On May 16, 2016
FagsamPHP:

na ur papa be stupid fool, Oponu!!!!

See face like mess
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by colli247(m): 10:20am On May 16, 2016
nice move
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by fransixe(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2016
saintmark88:

Must everything b bout d east, u guys tlk like other regions are living n absolute comfort, n only d east is suffering, any li2 tin u cry marginalization, it's crazy........
my friend, not about being marginalised....it's what am conversant with.. as often as I have travelled that route, so often have i recalculated my budgeted fuel money....so pardon me when I talk about my predicaments and not yours. ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Governor Obiano Storms Head Bridge Onitsha (Pictures) / Udom's N1m Gift: Woman Dies During Stampede (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.