Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) (43404 Views)

Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by laitsy: 5:29pm On May 15, 2016
Thez deceiver shld stop deceivn us our eyes don open:-/
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by mediachirps(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:

You need to stop assuming.I don't like the increment but I agree with the removal of subsidy.

Yes it's quite a big pain buying PMS at 145naira but what is the point of queueing with ones productive manhours and at the end of the day the oil marketers would be getting free money from the government.
now you've got a reason, you couldn't get one last time. Propaganda can't take us anywhere.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by GWMI(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2016
I love this let the show begin so we will know whether Buhari is a superman or a democratic president.Thanks.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by YourFatherYansh: 5:32pm On May 15, 2016
NLC abi na NLNG....abeg i dey manage ma life wit my smal huzzle 4 diz kind harsh economy.....make una no put sand sand 4 my garri
Subsidy subsidy.....Inside 1yr we go use 8months buy fuel above d subsidized rate frm black market.....e reach as we buy @ 500/litre diz 1yr sef.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by tunjidj3: 5:32pm On May 15, 2016
strike action can not solve the problem at this crucial time when everyone can go to filling station without any problem so let nlc look for another thing to agitate for
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by wordychap: 5:35pm On May 15, 2016
Very much in support of this strike
Revert back to 86naira /l for PMS
When we have enough refineries that can feed d country, they can deregulate or whatsoever
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by gateleo(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2016
elmisti:
in his bid to stop d strike.... bubu will send letter to buratai....u can imagine d orders! I find peace in did hardship by remindn myself DAT I Neva believed APC

What else do you have to say.....bunch of hypocrites
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by abdultakeover: 5:44pm On May 15, 2016
Hmm...OBJ is rgt 2 say muhamadu buhari no fit 4 economic n foreign affairs issh!!!buhari gt an econimic advicer so u go knw wetin 2 do!!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 15, 2016

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:45pm On May 15, 2016
and it goes on and on till wen...

wen will Nigerians begin to reason like 21st century country soon government go announce no work no pay na common man dey suffer am ooo. dey sud just dialogue and see how to effect increment in minimum wage...

my ppl ekele nu ooo.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by faites(f): 5:46pm On May 15, 2016
MKO4ever:
Pls is the strike only for government workers? Or will it apply to banks and other private workers?

My brother follow me and ask o. I hope every sector is affected cos I wan rest.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by CioAngels(f): 5:47pm On May 15, 2016
incomintop:
So much problem since Buhari became president why will a government take major decision like fuel increment without consulatation of stake holders
Becos his adviser mamanan daura will not let him becos he has made buhari to only obey his orders. Daura is a man Nigerians did not vote for yet he is at the helms of affairs in Nigeria. Tinubu, ojue da?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Vanpascore(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2016
rattlesnake:
is that how they spell indefinite

i wonder o,the title is a complete trash. ". . . .increase in pms product" chai!!!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by otokx(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:
I am a Civil Servant and I do not endorse going on an indefinite strike because of the removal of subsidy.
If the strike is for an increment in minimum wage then I would endorse.

Seconded
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ganie(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2016
If i am seeing clearly this letter is by Nat union of local govt workers to all of it state branches.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ohenhen1: 5:54pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:
I am a Civil Servant and I do not endorse going on an indefinite strike because of the removal of subsidy.

Well.said but they will need a supplimentary budget for that. And it could to job loss in the private sector.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 15, 2016
And there was a country..... embarassed
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by dadexcel: 5:57pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:
......... First how much do you earn as a 'civil' servant?..... Secondly, how much do you spend on transportation daily to work initially and how much now?.... If indeed you are a civil servant with family dependents, I will be surprised at your stand....... Just hoping your one.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Kpimp: 5:58pm On May 15, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis country self, how can I get visa to iraq?

its visa free. only your passport is needed.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 15, 2016
arisekola77:
So no work abi ? FP chilling

If you have a job, go to work ooo. This faction of NLC is PDP dregs and economy saboteurs. They are not fighting for the workers or against deregulation. Their on reason is that opposition organised protest when GEJ attempted to remove subsidy; therefore they must protest this time. This is IPOB type of protest
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by masseratti: 5:59pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:
minimum wage increase should be for the lowest paid worker,a difference of two thousand between levels is not a crime a boss is a boss no matter how much he is paid,but a 200â„…increase accross board will turn Nigeria to Zimbabwe under a month.we just have to grind this out.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by tunjidj3: 6:01pm On May 15, 2016
strike action can not solve the problem at this crucial time when everyone can go to filling station without any problem so let nlc look for another thing to agitate for.if the rich are crying do you want poor to also crying no they should call their children abroad to come and stage protest for them .what poor people want is availability
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Jesusloveyou: 6:01pm On May 15, 2016
afanide:
These guys are serious. But we won't take them serious til Wednesday.
who take them serious?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Balet: 6:05pm On May 15, 2016
Akinz0126:
I concour.If the federal government must proceed with its price,They should better implement the #56,000 minimum wage.come to think of it that 18k is no longer sustainable and now there's an hike in fuel price.

#TeamImplement56knewMinimuMWageNow#
I dn't know whether u ever realise that the total population of the civil servants in this country is 2% of our total population.
If workers are offered 56,000 as min. wage, what of the unemployed youth.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Kellzcold: 6:10pm On May 15, 2016
sanusidabo:
NLC wicked devils
How are they wicked?
They want increase in minimum wage since this fuel hike has increased everything in the market and even transport fares have risen up. But they have to manage the same 18,000 which was agreed since 2011 They are due change every 5 years according to the agreement signed in 2011. So don't blame the NLC for fighting for its people.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by giftedben: 6:11pm On May 15, 2016
This is the time you begin to see reasons why the first son never need to complain because all the delicious dishes are always in front of him. The oil blocks are owned by people in Government together with some private individuals. And these same people control the media. They make it seem as if the NLC are going on strike because of increase in fuel price. But they never gave reasons why the NLC wants to go on strike. You can't increase fuel price without increasing workers salaries. History have taught us that Nigeria Government is a total failure and never to be trusted because they never make polices that favors the economy but their personal pockets. An example will be the power sector despite an increase in electricity tariff yet no improvement in electricity supply. If Nigeria Citizens don't occupy Nigeria on Wednesday than the citizens are as good as dead in terms of hardship. Don't be deceived by Government officials they don't feel our pains. The only thing they feel is their massive salaries, outstanding bonuses, N36000000 private cars and their travel allowances. Come Wednesday #OccupyNigeria

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by melvin0004(m): 6:12pm On May 15, 2016
ejibaba:
I am some what worried about the strike action. This will cripple the sick economy and a day or two shut down is not in the interest of the country at all. But fact be stated nothing like subsidy again just that we are now as Nigerians required to pay for the cost of non-availability of dollars to oil marketers. My query then is the amount is too much, however, deregualtion i support. God help us
what was ur comment in 2012 when gej removed subsidy.........

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ojtech8291: 6:13pm On May 15, 2016
The price increase Osinbajo said is based on forex. kachukwu said its subsidy removed. SGF said its total deregulation of sector. Buhari is quiet and blaming GEJ. NLC don't know what to fight. Nigerians are divided. GEJ is travelling the world enjoying his freedom. OBJ is saying Buhari is economically illiterate. Tinubu hails Buhari's courage. Lai Mohammed said he doesn't need to explain anything to Nigerians. Nigerians are confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nakuza(m): 6:14pm On May 15, 2016
Let peace reign, NLC should kindly negotiate for minimum wage period.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by tolexy007(m): 6:24pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:

u see sentiment, what about plpp who are not gov workers? are dey not going to b affected by this new oil price?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by kimond101: 6:26pm On May 15, 2016
dadexcel:
......... First how much do you earn as a 'civil' servant?..... Secondly, how much do you spend on transportation daily to work initially and how much now?.... If indeed you are a civil servant with family dependents, I will be surprised at your stand....... Just hoping your one.

You seem to be analysing the immediate effects of the subsidy removal.

The long term effect of the subsidy removal is an advantage to the country as the money would be invested in some other sector and developments.

It seems you haven't queued for fuel in the past couple of weeks. The marketers we pay subsidy to are not delivering and the rate of fuel at filling stations run as high as 300 naira per litre if not more.

The suffering in this country is surplus but one can obviously know what the outcome of the strike could be which is either the government ignores the NLC or reduce the fuel rate to 100 naira + which was their initial target.

I never said I'm comfortable with the increase, but I won't tolerate marketers taking free money from the government while the citizens are suffering.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by sholly4444(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2016
NLC SHOULD SHUT UP FOR EVER!

NLC were quiet when their members TANKER DRIVERS were diverting fuel to neighboring countries committing sabotage.

NLC were quiet when oil installations were vandalised & destroyed.

NLC were quiet when Saraki bought N37m Jeep for each senator.

NLC will not say a word on several embarrassing discoveries regarding the ghost workers across the nation.

Where were they when Jonathan and his cohorts were looting the treasury.

Bring it on NLC......We are more than ready for you.... We know the subsidy vampires have more than enough cash to throw around for the leadership of NULGE, NLC to protest. But Nigerians are not gullible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Storms Head Bridge Onitsha (Pictures) / Udom's N1m Gift: Woman Dies During Stampede (photos) / Fayose Turns Tailor. Pictured Sewing Clothes Ahead Of The World Women's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.