Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) (43407 Views)

Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by kimond101: 6:30pm On May 15, 2016
tolexy007:

u see sentiment, what about plpp who are not gov workers? are dey not going to b affected by this new oil price?

We all know the outcome of the fuel subsity removal strike which is on a dead end as the government might just reduce the fuel price by some few naira and NLC would shut up.
I am not comfortable with the fuel increase but I won't tolerate marketers collectin free money in the name of subsidy while the citizens still suffer.

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Chirokusko: 6:30pm On May 15, 2016
verifielive:
The Nigerian Labour congress is set to embark on a nationwide strike on Wednesday the 18th 2016 over the recent hike in petrol price/removal of fuel subsidy. Below is a letter they sent to all government agencies urging the government employees to follow their directive.

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/nlc-sends-letter-government-agencies-shutdown-wednesday-18th/

Rubbish,!! Me, I would increase my working hours in support of government decision.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by dadexcel: 6:37pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:

You seem to be analysing the immediate effects of the subsidy removal.

The long term effect of the subsidy removal is an advantage to the country as the money would be invested in some other sector and developments.

It seems you haven't queued for fuel in the past couple of weeks. The marketers we pay subsidy to are not delivering and the rate of fuel at filling stations run as high as 300 naira per litre if not more.

The suffering in this country is surplus but one can obviously know what the outcome of the strike could be which is either the government ignores the NLC or reduce the fuel rate to 100 naira + which was their initial target.

I never said I'm comfortable with the increase, but I won't tolerate marketers taking free money from the government while the citizens are suffering.
........... I am not sure if you really get what has happened, the fuel price was hiked as a result of a couple policy summer aunts not necessarily fuel subsidy removal. Because if I can quote fg right, they only subsidized 12 naira of pms, so if that is the case then adding 12 naira to 86.50 should not give us n145, so something is wrong, secondly, the long run you talk about will only favour those that can actually survive the present unbearable short run!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Agbele1(m): 6:40pm On May 15, 2016
E yi oyinbo a wa fun mi ni Visa grin
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by myfantasies(f): 6:48pm On May 15, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis country self, how can I get visa to iraq?
Just send 2million naira into my account, nd i will give u a map grin
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by hemmaoshos(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2016
Fucking NLC...They should go and sleep because since we buy fuel for 200Naira no strike oh...No Electricity supply no strike..No increase in my salary for the pass two years no strike...God punish all of them..
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 15, 2016
Local govt employees? I laugh.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Reference(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2016
Anything this administration suffers going forward on this matters is self inflicted. They should have allowed the previous government bell-the-cat.

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by just2okworld(f): 7:04pm On May 15, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:04pm On May 15, 2016
it wont work. hypocrites that what nlc iss
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by andyanders: 7:05pm On May 15, 2016
I hope this their nonsense strike will not affect banks. No electricity and people keep paying for services that they don't get , yet NLC never went on strike. Let them go on strike cus of the later and not this fuel issue.

Subsidy have not been removed.Why not ask the government the reason for the increase and hear from them. The common man on the street that the government doesn't help will be the ones suffering. All politicians own petrol stations and do not need light as the have their own source of getting their own power.They drive tehir cars and got money that can take them 20 yrs if the strike continues.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Tarzaa(m): 7:08pm On May 15, 2016
But our economy is already ill! If there will be total shut down, sorry, I don't see us surviving!
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ajibsca: 7:12pm On May 15, 2016
Hehehe . INDEFINATE strike indeed. That is what we get when we elect quacks into office. To spell ordinary INDEFINITE self na war. I don laff tire for here.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 15, 2016
FG go soon call them for Egunje and the rest will be story. An opportunity for NLC official to make some cash.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by FADDAR: 7:14pm On May 15, 2016
Mario1989:
may God help us under APC.."All Promises Cancelled".....
[color=#990000][/color]ALL PROMISES CANCELLED lipsrsealed
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by janice321: 7:38pm On May 15, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis country self, how can I get visa to iraq?
call me I get free visa to dash out to Venezuela
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ehissi(m): 7:39pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:

You seem to be analysing the immediate effects of the subsidy removal.

The long term effect of the subsidy removal is an advantage to the country as the money would be invested in some other sector and developments.

It seems you haven't queued for fuel in the past couple of weeks. The marketers we pay subsidy to are not delivering and the rate of fuel at filling stations run as high as 300 naira per litre if not more.

The suffering in this country is surplus but one can obviously know what the outcome of the strike could be which is either the government ignores the NLC or reduce the fuel rate to 100 naira + which was their initial target.

I never said I'm comfortable with the increase, but I won't tolerate marketers taking free money from the government while the citizens are suffering.

Bros even the #145, who is selling at that price now sef!! Whether na Deregulation, Re-regulation, Price modulation, subsdiy removal, people still dey sell fuel at #155 to #180 so what are you even saying sef!!??
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by chikel2000(m): 7:44pm On May 15, 2016
myfantasies:
Just send 2million naira into my account, nd i will give u a map grin
2 wetin? U wicked o
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by chikel2000(m): 7:45pm On May 15, 2016
janice321:
call me I get free visa to dash out to Venezuela
Your number pls
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by chikel2000(m): 7:45pm On May 15, 2016
Kpimp:

its visa free. only your passport is needed.
ok send ur email
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 15, 2016
IndefinAte no ni... Iranu, abasha...
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Iwonimi(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2016
Waste of time......

instead to protest against the increment of minimum wages

Bleep NLC,TUC and all d allies
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by micxwell(m): 8:16pm On May 15, 2016
Mschewww, we've been buying the pms btw 140-200 for months now, the price of goods and services has increased already; now that they've made it #145, NLC now wants to intervene, where were they since...... they just want to cripple an already deformed economy.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by charloski(m): 8:22pm On May 15, 2016
This is so funny

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by olayinkaj2(m): 8:35pm On May 15, 2016
Army will chase all of them back to their houses and resume back to work... End time nlc.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Goddex: 8:38pm On May 15, 2016
Mario1989:
may God help us under APC.."All Promises Cancelled".....
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by myfantasies(f): 8:41pm On May 15, 2016
chikel2000:
2 wetin? U wicked o
I know i am wicked grin

Tanks for the compliment
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by chikel2000(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2016
myfantasies:
I know i am wicked grin
Tanks for the compliment
oh, am sorry, u aint wicked
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by myfantasies(f): 8:56pm On May 15, 2016
chikel2000:
oh, am sorry, u aint wicked
I take d former

So send d 2million grin
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by chikel2000(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2016
myfantasies:
I take d former
So send d 2million grin
lolz my uba account reads 9,650.03
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by mlasp7919: 9:05pm On May 15, 2016
NLC. OYO low wa[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by 3kay945(m): 9:12pm On May 15, 2016
This isn't good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crisis In Presidency: ECOWAS Rejected Attempt To Undermine Osinbajo - Daily Post / Trump's Acquittal: Femi Fani-Kayode FFK Reacts / Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.