Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts (25020 Views)

The Category Of Nigerians That Will Not Experience Recession In 2017 / 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue / CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by aieromon(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2016
This is great news. I don't see where the story of a diplomatic row is coming from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by aieromon(m): 8:09pm On May 15, 2016
freeze001:

I also hope and expect due diligence was done on the matter so that innocent students for instance are not caught and made to suffer unnecessary hardship cos they need funds for their upkeep too.

Will you consider a student who has $1 million in his account innocent? grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Nnemuka(f): 8:09pm On May 15, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Believing him or not isn't my problem neither is it also that of buhari.

me a zombie? don't don't and will never ascribe myself with that words, but i'm a stunt believer and follower of buhari, and also a registered apc member.

Have a good day miss/Mrs.
evry buharia supporter is known as a zombie and all anti buharians are called wailer.
the former fits u perfectly

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by omenka(m): 8:10pm On May 15, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Ohhhh, as I said anyways, I sent the request and wanna have a chat with you on behalf of someone. you gave the person you pin but the person isn't on bbm so the person asked me to communicate with you. A girl and she is a contestant for miss nairaland.
Ohhh. Lol. Now I know who it was. cheesy
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by freeze001(f): 8:11pm On May 15, 2016
aieromon:

Will you consider a student who has $1 million in his account innocent? grin grin grin

That is why I said due diligence. An honest business man can comfortably own that sum and more and if he chooses to conduct transactions through his child's account, it's no crime.

Innoson or Adenuga for instance can comfortably own and give such sum to their kids for whatever reason and I don't think these men made their money from public funds. If they want their child doin a postgraduate course for instance to buy a house n car in Dubai I can't see the crime in that.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 8:13pm On May 15, 2016
Nnemuka:

evry buharia supporter is known as a zombie and all anti buharians are called wailer.
the former fits u perfectly
As I earlier stated, I don't, won't and will never ascribe myself to this. But that doesn't mean I do not know about it.

Thanks, madam!

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 8:16pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Ohhh. Lol. Now I know who it was. cheesy
Lol, what you saw is my firm logo and inscription and it has nothing to do with unwanted and unwarranted broadcast messages, I'm also allergic to such.

Can I resend the request?
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by modath(f): 8:17pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
He's got an evalasting beef against Jagaban- dude been job am the other year: non settlement for election rigging. Na Idumuose him friend talk am no be me oo. grin

I know nah, firefire sef nor go deny am... a get the screenshot sef! grin

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 8:19pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

I know nah, firefire sef nor go deny am... a get the screenshot sef! grin
Hello, what does it takes for you to reply your mentions? *sad face*
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 8:23pm On May 15, 2016
freeze001:

That is why I said due diligence. An honest business man can comfortably own that sum and more and if he chooses to conduct transactions through his child's account, it's no crime.

Innoson or Adenuga for instance can comfortably own and give such sum to their kids for whatever reason and I don't think these men made their money from public funds. If they want their child doin a postgraduate course for instance to buy a house n car in Dubai I can't see the crime in that.
SACRIFICE!
Thats what the few genuine needs to pay to enable this government check the majority thieves.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by johnmartus(m): 8:27pm On May 15, 2016
Good move they should return money in those accounts back to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by modath(f): 8:30pm On May 15, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Hello, what does it takes for you to reply your mentions? *sad face*

I'm doing so now... I get so many crazy ones (that I ignore for obvious reasons), but I won't ever deliberately ignore objective engagements and playful bants, na oversight.. so sorry!!

I worship at the altar of NeyMeSur as well, wink. Viva Barca, Mes que en club!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by freeze001(f): 8:34pm On May 15, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

SACRIFICE!
Thats what the few genuine needs to pay to enable this government check the majority thieves.

Not sacrifice for no offence rather diligence and care on the part of the government. If they're serious, they have everything at their disposal to secure accurate intelligence and deal with guilty persons. Otherwise will they compensate an innocent person avoidably caught in the crossfire for time, revenue and credibility lost just because they're too lazy or incompetent to do their jobs? Why should an innocent person pay for a crime he's not party to or a beneficiary of? Why does government have all it has at its disposal and yet cause avoidable and malicious hardship on others?

That is why it is stupid to fly off the hook, announce some people to media as guilty, carry out some blanket negative actions and still come up empty on evidence and facts to back up allegations.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 8:37pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

I'm doing so now... I get so many crazy ones (that I ignore for obvious reasons), but I won't ever deliberately ignore objective engagements and playful bants, na oversight.. so sorry!!

I worship at the altar of NeyMeSur as well, wink. Viva Barca, Mes que en club!!!!!
Lol, its understandable, OK.
You know, too many monikers on Nairaland seems to be operated by animals and whatnot, lol

I have actually mentioned you more than ones, not because your moniker carries a female inscription or because I wanna beg you to help load my account, lol, but for a reason far diff from both mentioned and others unmentioned. hehehehe

Good to know you re amongst those that celebrated our victory yesterday, and its also perfect that we both also celebrated our victories in last year presidential election. lol

Does your pm works?
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 8:41pm On May 15, 2016
freeze001:

Not sacrifice for no offence rather diligence and care in the part of the government. If they're serious, they have everything at their disposal to secure accurate intelligence and deal with guilty persons. Otherwise will they compensate an innocent person avoidably caught in the crossfire for time, revenue and credibility lost just because they're too lazy or incompetent to do their jobs? Why should an innocent person pay for a crime he's not party to or a beneficiary of? Why does government have all it has at its disposal and yet cause avoidable and malicious hardship on others?

That is why it is stupid to fly off the hook, announce some people to media as guilty, carry out some blanket negative actions and still come up empty on evidence and facts to back up allegations.
Don't have time for this.
Goodnight!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by mikron(m): 8:42pm On May 15, 2016
good move by the UAE, other countries should follow suit

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by omenka(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Lol, what you saw is my firm logo and inscription and it has nothing to do with unwanted and unwarranted broadcast messages, I'm also allergic to such.

Can I resend the request?
Alright.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:50am On May 16, 2016
modath:

Kwaret!!!! Looters go cry blood!!!

Monkey cannot be broke and baboon living large!! cool

Genuine biz people should not worry, when verification is done, no one can sit on their cash!!
hello princess kiss
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by buksaylor001: 8:53am On May 16, 2016
What does the fool mean by diplomatic row when it's done to help Nigeria track stolen funds?

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by maximunimpact(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2016
This is no news please, it happened since May 2015.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Nobody: 8:54am On May 16, 2016
tucky200:
Our ibo brothers will still find something negative in this

are u sure that they are ur brothers? cool
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Day169: 8:54am On May 16, 2016
DaBullIT:
God Punish Looters bwahahahah

Fire born them
..you sound like "Akuu" from Samurai Jack! grin
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Ijaya123: 8:54am On May 16, 2016
Kondomatic:
What happens to the money in those accounts?

If you had read the story, you would not be asking this question.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by afroxyz: 8:55am On May 16, 2016
Nigerian journalist, Fidelis Mbah, disclosed this on Thursday May 7, 2015 with a series of tweets on his twitter handle, even as observers believe the move is partly to check money laundering activities of Nigerian politicians, a situation they say, has become common.

It's obvious most of you can't read
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by ikarm17: 8:56am On May 16, 2016
divinehand2003:
Looters take your hard earned cash to Mexico or China, they Will gladly receive you and your cash with open hands.

China is for drugs
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by sweetgala(m): 8:56am On May 16, 2016
I'm taking it then Emirates central bank would furnish the FG with a list of all accounts closed with the value of the cheques issued to every individual for further query.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by AceRoyal: 8:58am On May 16, 2016
Well.....this will surely lead to a diplomatic row between both countries.
1. Does that mean every Nigerian schooling or doing business there is corrupt or into something illegal?
2. What will happen to the money in the said closed accounts?
3. How much is the total sum in the banks?
4. How will this be in the best interest of most Nigerians,as most top political looters might have shipped their loots away due to information reaching them before the closure?
5. This said method adopted in the fight against corruption seems good on the short run but very disastrous on the long run.

Our government has succeeded in labelling every Nigerian as been corrupt and tarnishing our image internationally.
I'm against the fight of corruption but wisdom and not brute force should be employed!

Political sentiments should not cloud our sense of logic and reason.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Richydos(m): 8:59am On May 16, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

sorry miss, but have you been living inside a rock and just came out or you re a wailer whom sees nothing good in anything?

Haven't you heard, read or you weren't told buhari has stated that we would list the looters and how much he has recovered when addressing the nation come may 29?

Please don't thank me for this info.
HABA BROS EASY WITH UR LIES NA...... SO BUHARI WILL JUST COME ON AIR N BE LISTING NAMES OF LOOTERS N EM LOOTING FIGURES #TOUGUE OUT 4 U....... EVEN U URSELF KNOW DT YA LYING..... U MUST BE DA PRO OF LYING LIARS ASSOCIATION BUT AFTER MAY 29 I'LL RAISE UR RANK TO THE PRESIDENT OF LYING LIARS...... PRESIDENT COMING ON AIR TO LIST NAMES N FIGURES "LOLZZZZZ
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by haywire07(m): 9:01am On May 16, 2016
realjoker:
Baba junketeering yielding positive results already. But that doesn't stop wailers from wailing. But we no care it is their birth right to mourn and wail profusely. carry go bubu, we the patriots dey behind you gidigba.

Don't u know wailers are born to wail no matter how positive a result is
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by forghon: 9:01am On May 16, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Believing him or not isn't my problem neither is it also that of buhari.

me a zombie? don't don't and will never ascribe myself with that words, but i'm a stunt believer and follower of buhari, and also a registered apc member.

Have a good day miss/Mrs.
see maturity abeg u dn finish her, shes even lucky if na past administration dey for dn sell all her family members buy ice cream for their pikins
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by LadyExcellency: 9:01am On May 16, 2016
Mynd44:
When the president was travelling upandan they thought it was a joking sturv.

Now they never esperedit

The policy has no effect on stolen money because they still got their money back. Why not investigate the source of the money?

To signpost the seriousness attached to the directive, all such Nigerians whose accounts were closed following the policy, have been issued cheques equivalent to the amount they have in their accounts.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by docjuli(m): 9:03am On May 16, 2016
Tolexander:

It will be tantamount to stealing on the Emirati part if the accounts are closed without returning the money in them to Nigeria.

To signpost the seriousness attached to the directive, all such Nigerians whose accounts were closed following the policy, have been issued cheques equivalent to the amount they have in their accounts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Guts CBN Office In Jos / First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman / Don't Get Scammed: Red Mercury Does Not Exist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.