Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts (25018 Views)

The Category Of Nigerians That Will Not Experience Recession In 2017 / 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue / CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Harvesthomes: 9:04am On May 16, 2016
It's a pity for the young generation to have the kind of mindset displayed in this thread.I hope you know expatriates and people working legitimately without work permits and a large host of legitimate business people will be affected by this before you all conclude all Nigerians abroad are thieves ?
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by princejayboss: 9:06am On May 16, 2016
realjoker:
Baba junketeering yielding positive results already. But that doesn't stop wailers from wailing. But we no care it is their birth right to mourn and wail profusely. carry go bubu, we the patriots dey behind you gidigba.

It say it effect business owners too and students.... Don't be a robot....
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by yoddy(m): 9:07am On May 16, 2016
Who brought this to the front page? The moderator needs to be sanctioned. This is very stale news. Over a year old.

Lalasticlala pls do the needful
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by philips70(m): 9:07am On May 16, 2016
modath:

A trust you!! Ya nemesis first!! cheesy cheesy

You should know by now that if Panama Papers nor catch am, Dubai likely won't...

Where is Mai foto for real? Serious!!

I can see how disappointed firefire was when he couldn't find Asiwaju's name in #panamapapers.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by zheroes(m): 9:10am On May 16, 2016
Tolexander:

It will be tantamount to stealing on the Emirati part if the accounts are closed without returning the money in them to Nigeria.
with this attitude you won't make it in any institution!!! You didn't finish reading and then you concluded!!!! Please go and finish reading!!!!!!
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by MyX1: 9:11am On May 16, 2016
tucky200:
Our ibo brothers will still find something negative in this
Mr Man did you not notice the Date? i.e May 7 2015.

When GEJ was in Charge. So you now want to give Junketieer in chief the Credit abi?

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 9:12am On May 16, 2016
forghon:
see maturity abeg u dn finish her, shes even lucky if na past administration dey for dn sell all her family members buy ice cream for their pikins
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Firefire(m): 9:15am On May 16, 2016
philips70:

I can see how disappointed firefire was when he couldn't find Asiwaju's name in #panamapapers.

How can you find the name of a professional fraudster with many cronies, the likes of Wale Tinubu and Olowolafe fronting for him. The Jagaban of corruption.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by KINGinVAHALA: 9:15am On May 16, 2016
Richydos:

HABA BROS EASY WITH UR LIES NA...... SO BUHARI WILL JUST COME ON AIR N BE LISTING NAMES OF LOOTERS N EM LOOTING FIGURES #TOUGUE OUT 4 U....... EVEN U URSELF KNOW DT YA LYING..... U MUST BE DA PRO OF LYING LIARS ASSOCIATION BUT AFTER MAY 29 I'LL RAISE UR RANK TO THE PRESIDENT OF LYING LIARS...... PRESIDENT COMING ON AIR TO LIST NAMES N FIGURES "LOLZZZZZ
Quote me when you have improve in your typing.
I harbour wailers, but not the unintelligent ones.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by carinmom(f): 9:17am On May 16, 2016
Kondomatic:
What happens to the money in those accounts?

Maybe you didn't read to the end. They were issued cheques equivalent to the amount in their accounts.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by modath(f): 9:18am On May 16, 2016
philips70:

I'm sure if Firefire could, he would personally appeal to ICIJ to help him include Tinubu's name in Panama Papers and even open a Dubai account in his name too.

The obsession is out of this world.. grin

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by emmak2k4(m): 9:19am On May 16, 2016
Nnemuka:
not only close their accounts please return all the loots back to Nigeria.
come to think of it, how comes buharia isnt saying how much loot has been returned?
abi he plans to use it to further train his daughters in harvard?

So you still can't spell BUHARI correctly?

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by elbaraj001(m): 9:19am On May 16, 2016
Kondomatic:
Didn't u read before commenting? Everything was stated above na...kilode?...abi u no here say dey..will b given cheques which will b equivalent to their money.....
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by AUSTINABBA(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2016
Tolexander:

It will be tantamount to stealing on the Emirati part if the accounts are closed without returning the money in them to Nigeria.
they were issue cheques equivalent to amount in their accounts.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by 4nobody4every1: 9:20am On May 16, 2016
cool
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by philips70(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2016
Firefire:

How can you find the name of a professional fraudster with many cronies, the likes of Wale Tinubu and Olowolafe fronting for him. The Jagaban of corruption.

grin grin grin I also heard Dangote is fronting for Buhari

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by realjoker(m): 9:25am On May 16, 2016
princejayboss:

It say it effect business owners too and students.... Don't be a robot....
wailers with their warped way of reasoning.
so tell me a student that have $1m in his account is what?
and for the businessmen whoever doing legitimate business and his funding is not from the proceed of corruption should go and clear his name.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by realjoker(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2016
haywire07:

Don't u know wailers are born to wail no matter how positive a result is
Their case have gone beyond revival.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:28am On May 16, 2016
Serious heart attack for the looters grin grin..

What about those expatriates and people working legitimately without work permits? Will they also be affected lipsrsealed?

I hope they are given a chance to clear their names, and source of wealth..
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by alt3r3g0: 9:29am On May 16, 2016
Nnemuka:
not only close their accounts please return all the loots back to Nigeria.
come to think of it, how comes buharia isnt saying how much loot has been returned?
abi he plans to use it to further train his daughters in harvard?

https://www.nairaland.com/3104287/speak-recovered-loot-may-29
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Charly68: 9:35am On May 16, 2016
Baba is tightening his network around those who stole our common wealth ..the dividends of his tours is manifesting little by little. Things will surely work better

1 Like

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Coldfeets: 9:40am On May 16, 2016
Another bad news for wailers!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by laffwitmi: 9:43am On May 16, 2016
Wailing zombie!! You will wail 4 Anoda 7yrs. grin grin
Nnemuka:

and you expect me to believe?
do you know how many things the dullard said and later denied?
the 5k for poor nigerians,
the 1dollar one naira fallacy,
what of the fuel subsidy?
asset declaration nko

nnaa please open ya eyes, buhari is not an honest man.
come may 29 he would come up with an excuse why he cant list names...
are u a zombie?
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Horus(m): 9:51am On May 16, 2016
Keep your money in Nigeria
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by frisky2good(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2016
So they allowed people without resident permits to open accounts. That is ridiculous.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by evy1(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2016

Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by anumide(f): 9:53am On May 16, 2016
Tolexander:

UAE didn't close down accounts. They temporarily restricted transactions until the owners of the accounts provide valid residence visa. And you can't have a residence visa except you work there, you are a student or a dependant of someone who works there. My mom just received a mail from her bank.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by kinglekan: 9:53am On May 16, 2016
Kondomatic:

The last paragraph of the post states they have been issued a cheques equivalent to the amount in their account.

Meanwhile the full article states they have been given 5 working days to cash their funds or forfeit it.

Funny thing is the article is dated May 7th 2015.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:56am On May 16, 2016
Kondomatic:
Did you read the article at all? Read it again. It's right there in the article what happened to the monies in the accounts.
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by anitapreeti(f): 9:58am On May 16, 2016
Charly68:
Baba is tightening his network around those who stole our common wealth ..the dividends of his tours is manifesting little by little. Things will surely work better
this tour must be operating retrospectively cos I see May 2015 abi wat did u see there?
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by Kobicove(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2016
tucky200:
Our ibo brothers will still find something negative in this

We are not "Ibos" , we are "Igbos"! angry
Re: Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts by tete7000(m): 10:06am On May 16, 2016
Kondomatic:

Go back and read again. It is stated there in the write-up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman / Don't Get Scammed: Red Mercury Does Not Exist! / Fire Guts CBN Office In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.