Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product (54681 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) Launches An Auto Finance Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 10:17am On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Abia and Enugu

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ijaya123: 10:20am On May 16, 2016
Intellect20:
Jesus...is this for real? Mennn this is what we call MACHINE! OP...I need more information to this new model; I'm buying this one!
This model will be sold out within one week as politicians will be pre-ordering with bulletproof package!

Yeah, that's the spirit. Nigerian economy must be doing great for people to be planning to buy this vehicle.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 10:21am On May 16, 2016
amtaken:
Can you produce toothpicks?

Naptu probably can't produce a toothpick. But is he wrong about the IVM clone?
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 10:21am On May 16, 2016
His vehicles are becoming popular even in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Delta etc

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 10:22am On May 16, 2016
amtaken:
Can you produce toothpicks?

What the heck does that mean??
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by donkingarmani(m): 10:28am On May 16, 2016
Igbo di egwu.. .
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 10:28am On May 16, 2016
naptu2:

What the heck does that mean??
His vehicles is becoming more popular

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Wynnah(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2016
You guys saying he copied G-wagon design might be wrong. This is called INNOVATION because this blends G-wagon, Jeep and a little of Hummer.
No lawsuit whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 10:32am On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

His vehicles is becoming more popular

Yeah, I already know that. Many government agencies (including the armed forces and the FRSC) and many private companies (including Silverbird) use his vehicles.

(It makes me personally happy because I first knew him when he was assembling motorcycles and he had his wharehouses in Apapa and Shomolu. It's satisfying to see how far he has come. He was a very humble man then and I'm very happy that he is still humble, despite the success he has achieved).

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 10:35am On May 16, 2016
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 10:38am On May 16, 2016
His vehicles is becoming more popular even Nigeria military, civil defence, federal civil servants are using his products

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 10:48am On May 16, 2016
Even Nigeria air force

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by sauceEEP(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2016
God bless his hustle, but his hustle has already been blessed na to multiply the hustle. What am I even saying?

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 11:37am On May 16, 2016
[b]Chief Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma is the Chairman of Innoson Group makers of motorcycles and spare parts and many other things. : From Spare Parts Trader To Motor Giant: The Story Of Innoson Group Boss Innocent Chukwuma In a recent interview Chukwuma explained why he does not have a “big-town” carriage: “I am from Uru village, Nnewi. I have lived all my life at Nnewi. I do my business at Nnewi. I have not left Nnewi for any other place. Up till now, Nnewi is still the headquarters of my chains of businesses. I started my business at Nnewi. I grew my business to what it is today at Nnewi. I came to Enugu because of the factory that I sited here. Nnewi remains my main base”. Innocent started as trader but has exited that area and moved into big-time manufacturing. His Group consists of: Innoson Nigeria Ltd, makers of motorcycles and spare parts; Innoson Tech and Industries Ltd, plastics and household items makers; Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM), auto makers and General Tyres and Tubes Co. Ltd, Enugu, which is being run by his 26 year-old son, Nonso. The plastic factory is the largest of its type in Africa, and produces not less than 150 different items, from motor and machinery parts to office and household necessities. It took us two whole hours to complete the tour of the factory, which is sited at the headquarters in Enugu. In the beginning… It all started in 1978 when Innocent completed his secondary school education. He was certainly not the top-of-the class type. He was interested in reading engineering at the university. While he waited for his result he decided to report to the medicine store of his elder brother, Gabriel to occupy his time. He immediately discovered that he had a natural talent for trading. When his result came out he was unable to make the grade required for him to go for further education. By then, he had made up his mind to be a businessman, anyway. He was given to Chief Romanus Eze Onwuka, who became his Master. In 1979, Innocent returned to his brother, who promptly registered Gabros International to trade on motorcycle spare-parts. Innocent was given the sum of N3,000 to start, and he was allowed free hand to run it. It was from this money that he rented a shop and bought his first merchandise. By the end of the year 1980, the company took stock and discovered that Gabros International Ltd under Innocent’s able hands was making more than ten times income than the medicine store. The next decision he took ultimately led to the establishment of two mega-companies that shot him to limelight: the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Nnewi and Innoson Tech and Industries, Enugu, the largest plastic manufacturing plant in Africa. At the Nnewi plant all types of automobiles were seen but no sedans or cars. He said, I am working to have a brand new car sold in Nigeria for about one million or a bit more. It will be a little more than one million when we start but as time goes on it will come down. A car of about the calibre of Toyota Corolla should be less than two million when we start, and the quality will not be anything less”. His dream is that as soon as the cars start tumbling out of the factory, he will push towards making second hand vehicles (popularly called tokunbo cars) unviable in Nigeria. “You see how tokunbo motorcycle go? Is anybody talking about it anymore? The only thing it will take for tokunbo car to go from Nigeria is price. Make it cheap and affordable; make the spare-parts available, and tokunbo WILL GO. Who will like to buy an old car when he or she can spend less and by brand new? I must make new one to be cheap so that tokunbo will go in the nearest future. As from April I will flood the market with Innoson cars at cheaper price”. Luck is on his side because the Federal Government has become very interested in getting vehicles made locally in Nigeria. In fact, President Goodluck Jonathan commissioned the Nnewi motor plant and proceeded to roll out a new national Automotive Policy. Innocent Chukwuma cannot understand why any young person should sit at home and complain about unemployment. They want to work in banks, oil companies or to become politicians and get rich overnight. There is a lot of job opportunities in farming, but how many young people want to become farmers? The best way to become rich is to go and become a farmer. “All quick money politicians are making will not last. Young people must use their time as youth to work and build their future”.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 11:49am On May 16, 2016
o42austino:
check Mr. Innoson Facebook account u will see it.

I checked and see no mention of it. Perhaps a link?
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 11:50am On May 16, 2016
TomLepskie:

Trash undecided ndi oso chi egbu"aka"enemies of progress.
Lol funny it's the way we see corrections, that's why we don't grow.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 11:52am On May 16, 2016
Wynnah:
You guys saying he copied G-wagon design might be wrong. This is called INNOVATION because this blends G-wagon, Jeep and a little of Hummer.
No lawsuit whatsoever.
. How is copying known brands innovation abeg?
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by tammie24: 11:55am On May 16, 2016
asha90:
Made in the Federal Republic of Anambra.

Anambra, truly the light of the entire black race.
in your little mind
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Ilovemystate: 11:55am On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:
Lol funny it's the way we see corrections, that's why we don't grow.

Probably you are not growing not a man that started as a treader and got to this level, and you think you are smarter than him
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by tylerbraid(m): 12:07pm On May 16, 2016
Probably gonna be 5million... I shd get it if its within that range
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by tylerbraid(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2016
Wynnah:
No lawsuit whatsoever.
. True... They joined people's crave into one body of machine
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Marshalrhino(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2016
Naughtysite:
I will start saving for this car from today.

Where are the likes of badoo, genevieve, wizkid and kaycee who oppress us with G wagon ?

Una own don be...

G wagon is superior
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by GuyfawkesAB(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2016
You guys should cut us some slack.
You are quick to play the victimization card.

The chinese are still battling several lawsuits because of imitation. Their government have been protecting them He should be careful because the Nigerian government might not shield him like the Chinese are doing for their manufacturers, albeit illegally.

What would it cost him to engage auto designers for some originality?

Nobody will ban anything for anybody. Was importation banned to help PAN, Steyr, or Leyland to sell their vehicles?

He should brace himself for business with good production and marketing strategies, especially something to attach to the Nigerian identity.

naptu2:
For those screaming "lawsuit" and saying that Mercedes Benz will sue Innoson, I can bet you that there will be no lawsuit.

There will only be a lawsuit if ideas are taken without permission, so how do you know that permission was not granted to innoson (to use those ideas)?

This SUV is a nigerian version of the BAIC BJ80. The Beijing Automotive Industry Holdings Co (BAIC) has a lot of joint ventures with Daimler (Mercedes Benz), including Beijing Benz and Beijing Foton Daimler.

The Innoson 80 SUV is manufactured under license from Beijing Benz which makes the BAIC BJ80.

The front grill of the vehicle, which some have wrongly attributed to the Hummer SUV, is actually from Jeep (take a look at Jeep Wranglers, Jeep Cherokees, etc). BAIC also previously had agreements with Jeep and that's why there are design cues from Jeep on the vehicle.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Probably you are not growing not a man that started as a treader and got to this level, and you think you are smarter than him
didn't say I was smarter, but if you feel it's best for him to copy the structural design of a known brand, then good for you, lets not argue over it.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by naptu2: 12:36pm On May 16, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
You guys should cut us some slack.
You are quick to play the victimization card.

The chinese are still battling several lawsuits because of imitation. Their government have been protecting them He should be careful because the Nigerian government might not shield him like the Chinese are doing for their manufacturers, albeit illegally.

What would it cost him to engage auto designers for some originality?

Nobody will ban anything for anybody. Was importation banned to help PAN, Steyr, or Leyland to sell their vehicles?

He should brace himself for business with good production and marketing strategies, especially something to attach to the Nigerian identity.

1) Most of those chinese companies are not avoiding lawsuits because their government is protecting them. Rather, they are not being sued because the european, japanese and american auto companies have shares in them and the cars are being produced under license.

What you are saying is just like saying that Peugeot-Citroen will sue Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) for producing Peugeot cars.

Beijing Benz is 50% owned by BAIC and 50% owned by Mercedes. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAIC_Group

2) Innoson will only be sued if the cars are being produced without the permission of BAIC.

Companies around the world badge engineer cars and produce cars under license. It's nothing new.

The car that was called Daewoo Racer in Nigeria and South Korea was also known as the Opel Kadet in Germany and Pontiac LeMans in America.

The first generation Volkswagen Sharan was also the Ford Galaxy in America and Seat Alhambra in Spain. It's nothing new.

Do you have proof that Innoson is producing these vehicles without the permission of Beijing Benz?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by krysTein(m): 1:03pm On May 16, 2016
DICKtator:
Imitation would always be a form of compliment!!!.

Hope it is called Garri wagon?

grin grin grin grin

Fuuh undecided undecided modaf**kin wailler
Good tnz node good una
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by krysTein(m): 1:05pm On May 16, 2016
DICKtator:
Imitation would always be a form of compliment!!!.

Hope it is called Garri wagon?

grin grin grin grin

undecided undecided modaf**kin wailer
Good tnz node de good to u
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by osita76(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2016
naptu2:
For those screaming "lawsuit" and saying that Mercedes Benz will sue Innoson, I can bet you that there will be no lawsuit.

There will only be a lawsuit if ideas are taken without permission, so how do you know that permission was not granted to innoson (to use those ideas)?

This SUV is a nigerian version of the BAIC BJ80. The Beijing Automotive Industry Holdings Co (BAIC) has a lot of joint ventures with Daimler (Mercedes Benz), including Beijing Benz and Beijing Foton Daimler.

The Innoson 80 SUV is manufactured under license from Beijing Benz which makes the BAIC BJ80.

The front grill of the vehicle, which some have wrongly attributed to the Hummer SUV, is actually from Jeep (take a look at Jeep Wranglers, Jeep Cherokees, etc). BAIC also previously had agreements with Jeep and that's why there are design cues from Jeep on the vehicle.
your contribution is quite educative for public awareness
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by chidozieikeji2: 1:26pm On May 16, 2016
agalamanyi:
Normally wouldn't reply to this, but it's funny that you seem to feel you know someones tribe by his statement, don't get your pain though, a rising company that should be innovative picked a named brands structural design and you think it's commendable, am just sad!
Innoson does not even use his vehicles for his day to day activity, I noro ebe buru innoson na isi ka o bu papa gi, odi mma kontinu.
u are here talking trash as if u have produced toothpick before in ur life mr man try and praise any little innovation or even copied technology because I know its not even easy to copy if it is easy u wud ave produced a lot for us to see......
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by iberu001(m): 1:28pm On May 16, 2016
if this true, i bet it,i'm gonna buy this car, i just love the shape, looks like G-wagon.Just pray it won't be that expensive because all those senators and big men in Nigeria may ask for it which may likely inflate the price because demand will be higher than supply.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by iberu001(m): 1:33pm On May 16, 2016
yes you correct bro, no law suit,the car has g wagon shape and the front looks like hummer which makes me like the design.If the car is eventually out,lots of people will buy it, the car is going to hit the market.
Re: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Roll Out Latest Product by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 16, 2016
chidozieikeji2:
u are here talking trash as if u have produced toothpick before in ur life mr man try and praise any little innovation or even copied technology because I know its not even easy to copy if it is easy u wud ave produced a lot for us to see......
I don't even have anything to say to you. If that's how you see it, then o well, I guess if you child cheats to pass an exam, you would praise him alas it's not easy to cheat, abi people failed, Governor embezzled money to build Church, praise him abi, at least he built Church with the money. INNOSON has been praised when he started off and we were all full of expectation , but if you can't be honest and see what's wrong with stealing someone's structural designs am indeed proud of your mentality as a Nigerian Youth, Leaders of Tomorrow, oshey!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / Top 5 Cars Spotted In Nigeria This Week -specs And Prices / Man Uses A Rope To Pull A Faulty Car In Benin, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.