Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust (42312 Views)

14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust / Short & Deceitful Little Imps Osinbajo Is Sick, His Nightmare Just Started – FFK / Indorama Junction at Eleme: A Nightmare For Road Users. (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by TechRev: 8:47am On May 16, 2016
Avengers: The Rise of Faceless Militant group

They are faceless and invisible forces who seem to have adopted a guerrilla war pattern in their operation. They invaded oil industry installations located in the creeks of Niger Delta, blew them up and disappeared into the thin air.

Their activities have given the law enforcement agents a nightmare as several attempts to fish them out met a brick wall. In one of their efforts to fish out the faceless and heavily armed marauders who go by the name, Niger Delta Avengers, the Nigerian Army invaded Oporoza community in Gbaramatu Local Government Area of Delta State in search of the group, believed to be operating from the area. Again they ended up hitting a brick wall. The soldiers came at 12.30am and laid siege when residents of the oil rich community were asleep. Six hours later, they left the community without catching a fly.

During a four-day official visit to his home state, Katsina, President Muhammadu Buhari had reinstated his determination to deal squarely with insurgents in the country, wherever they are. He particularly gave a marching order to the military to crush the new militant group in the Niger Delta.

They call themselves Niger Delta Avengers, claiming they are out to avenge the injustice meted out on the people of that region. Recently, the group presented a 10-point demand to the federal government as a condition to stop further hostility on oil installations. Some of their demands include an immediate implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference, oil bloc ownership to reflect 60 per cent for oil producing communities and 40 per cent for the non-oil producing states, re-establishment of the Nigeria Maritime University sited at Okerenkoko. They also demanded apologies from the minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi to the people of Niger Delta for “his reckless statement” about the sighting of the Maritime University. Other demands include the cleaning up of all the polluted environments of the Niger Delta, with particular emphasis on Ogoniland, as well as the release of the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu. They requested that all the members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) indicted of corruption should be arrested and prosecuted while the amnesty programme for the Niger Delta ex-militants should be well funded.

It is believed in many quarters that most of their demands look absurd and uncalled for. For instance, they are demanding an apology from President Buhari and the Department of State Security (DSS) for allegedly killing the former governor of Bayelsa State, Diepriye Alamieyesegha. They claim he died as a result of intimidation and harassment.

While claiming responsibility for the bombing of the Chevron oil facilities at Escravos in Warri, the group threatened to blow up all oil facilities in the oil rich Niger Delta region, including offshore platforms.

Interested Nigerians want to know who is behind this new militant group. According to them, this has become necessary because prominent leaders and major stakeholders in the Niger Delta struggle, as well as some ex-militants, have feigned ignorance of their existence and disassociated themselves from them.

An ex-militant, High Chief Ateke Tom, denied knowledge of such group. Ateke Tom, who spoke to our reporter in Okrika through his media aide, Ifeanyi Ogbonna, was quick to condemn the activities of the group, and called on them to lay down their arms and embrace peace.
He said the Niger Delta region needed peace, not crisis. He challenged those behind the group to unmask and table their grievances to the appropriate authorities. He promised to make case for the group if they could unmask and lay down their arms.

“I don’t know the group you are talking about. I don’t also believe in their approach to get attention for whatever demand they are making. I am not in support of any form of violence. We don’t need violence now. What we want at present is peace and support for the present administration. I am not in support of what they are doing. You cannot achieve what you want through violence.

“I don’t know what their grievances are, but whatever they are; they should eschew violence in their agitation. I am ready to intervene on their behalf and take their matter to the appropriate authorities if they can unmask. Those who are aggrieved should not use violence to get attention. We want peace in Niger Delta,” he said.

Another former militant leader, Government Ekpelokolo, also known as Tompolo, equally distanced himself from the group. While disassociating himself from the group, Tompolo, who was granted amnesty by the federal government in 2009, said: “I am not part of the group. It is very unfortunate that I am still being accused of pipeline vandalism despite several press releases I have made, denying any involvement in the renewed hostilities in the Niger Delta.”

He urged the Federal Government to carry out repair works on the Forcados 48-inch pipeline damaged by an attack, which the Niger Delta Avengers claimed responsibility.

Another ex-militant leader from Bayelsa State, Genberal Ogunbus, also disassociated himself from the faceless group. Ogunbus, who spoke from his Yanagoa base, warned the militants to steer clear of Bayelsa State or face the wrath of the entire Ijaw kingdom. He said the activities of the group had portrayed the Ijaw nation in a bad light and urged the security agents to go after them.
A Niger Delta rights activist, Ms Annkio Briggs, also said she didn’t know the group, but appeared to be sympathetic to their cause. Briggs said the issues the group talked about had been of concern to the region for a long time.

“The issues have to do with injustice, equity and environmental matters. People like the late Ken Saro Wiwa, Oronto Douglas and Asari Dokubo had spoken about such issues. So it does not come as a surprise to me that we have a new group talking about what has been on ground for a very long time. This group came up because the issues we have been talking about have not been addressed. The issue of Niger Delta has been there for a very long time, even before the Nigerian civil war. So we want the federal government to look into what they are talking about and address it,’’ she said.
Briggs, however, called on the militants to lay down their arms and explore a peaceful approach to their agitation.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/renewed-attacks-in-niger-delta-we-ll-soon-expose-sponsors-of-niger-delta-avengers--dhq/146746.html?platform=hootsuite#EPKDrdKQTBE69Azr.99

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Ebubeslym(m): 8:50am On May 16, 2016
And some persons will be typing rubbish from inside their brown roof house.
You'll see stuffs like:

Kill them all.
Wipe them out.
Bomb them all.
One even asked the Nigeria army to Nuke the Niger Delta.
Lol

163 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:52am On May 16, 2016
the last time i commented on this issue, i was banned. so i comment my reserve grin cheesy wink smiley

30 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by DaBullIT(m): 8:57am On May 16, 2016
sigiyaya:
One Nigeria is not by force.
Still waiting to hear one Britain. One France or one Germany.

You go wait for plenty Nigeria tire

ha ha h ah aha

and as for the news 5 arrested by Army

6 killed by NSCDC

3 Killed by Police

Militants on the run

And by the way, I'm not surprised, same set of animals praised Tompolo and Dokubo, calling them untouchable, bullet proof etc

Let's see how soon another pipeline is blown up, then we'll know propaganda vs the real mourners

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Nature8(m): 9:02am On May 16, 2016
Lol.. Chai! grin
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by wxyz1: 9:17am On May 16, 2016
Nigeria Army is a learner were Niger Delta Militant is operating. is Buhari more Military than Obasajo? i learnt that Buhari was a Junior officer to Obasajo.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Monimatic(m): 9:18am On May 16, 2016
grin grin grin
The OP said the Nigerian Army couldn't catch a single fly when they went to search and arrest the invisible and faceless Niger Delta Avengers.
Cha Nigerian Army don suffer.

So the five people that were claimed to be arrested by Nigeria Army were just innocent citizens or mere criminals who have no connection with the Niger Delta Avengers. grin grin grin

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by millhouse: 9:24am On May 16, 2016
No be by noise

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by medpren: 9:33am On May 16, 2016
DaBullIT:

You go wait for plenty Nigeria tire

ha ha h ah aha

and as for the news 5 arrested by Army

6 killed by NSCDC

3 Killed by Police

Militants on the run

yoruba man, March to the creeks and shoot militants with your Mack 4 tongue, not typing under your mother's bed with your phone.

210 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by medpren: 9:35am On May 16, 2016
Monimatic:
grin grin grin
The OP said the Nigerian Army couldn't catch a single fly when they went to search and arrest the invisible and faceless Niger Delta Avengers.

So the five people that were claimed to be arrested by Nigeria Army were just innocent citizens or mere criminals who have no connection with the Niger Delta Avengers. grin grin grin

Kikikiki! Dabullit have promised to march into the creeks and capture them for sherrif buhari with his bare hands. Sai Avengers!

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by seunny4lif(m): 9:35am On May 16, 2016
grin cheesy angry grin
Make I book space

Where is the surface to land abi air missiles Nigerian military get grin grin
Nigerian military dey arrest innocent people up and down calling them militants grin grin
grin
Just like dem dey lie about BH cheesy grin wink

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Adminisher: 9:36am On May 16, 2016
Ebubeslym:
And some persons will be typing rubbish from inside their brown roof house.
You'll see stuffs like:

Kill them all.
Wipe them out.
Bomb them all.
One even asked the Nigeria army to Nuke the Niger Delta.
Lol
This thread is actually the rubbish . "Guerilla warfare a nightmare to Nigerian Army" stupid cut and paste of opinions, news reports and outright lies.This is to encourage idle sit at home young PDP supporters who should be looking for work

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by DaBullIT(m): 9:41am On May 16, 2016
Again

5 arrested by Army

3 to 6 killed by NSCDC http://www.punchng.com/bayelsa-nscdc-kills-three-militants/

3 Killed by Police

Militants on the run
medpren:

Kikikiki! Dabullit have promised to march into the creeks and capture them for sherrif buhari with his bare hands. Sai Avengers!
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by medpren: 9:47am On May 16, 2016
DaBullIT:
[s]Again

5 arrested by Army

3 to 6 killed by NSCDC http://www.punchng.com/bayelsa-nscdc-kills-three-militants/

3 Killed by Police

Militants on the run[/s]

On the run ke, how can they be on the run when you have captured them all for your buhari with your bare hands so that no avenger can threaten your father's only source of salary in Oshogbo? Better tighten your austerity belt because hunger is coming down there to say hello to parasites. Sai Avengers! grin

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Monimatic(m): 9:48am On May 16, 2016
medpren:

yoruba man, March to the creeks and shoot militants with your Mack 4 tongue, not typing under your mother's bed with your phone.

grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Monimatic(m): 9:49am On May 16, 2016
medpren:

grin grin grin
The guy na really Yoruba man from the South West where u have many sophisticated empty chest beaters, with their AK47 mouth, but dem no fit carry real AK47, not to talk of shooting, na mouth be their AK47,when yawa gas, na dem dey first tear race, go under their mama wrapper.
Dem go first threaten fire and brimstone, when yawa come gas, dem go quickly tear race go their mama house, Later dem go say Yoruba are very diplomatic, after them don threaten fire n brimstone, no wonder Hausa/A-boki take dem count scores for Mile 12 for their own back yard. grin grin grin

I am monimatic, and I am just making COMMON SENSE grin grin grin

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by TechRev: 10:00am On May 16, 2016
After a 100yrs of journey, every single news item still results to ethnic war, bickering and fighting while real issues are shoved aside. It seems to be getting worse as they add more years, handing over to next generations. It is a pity.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by thekingisback: 10:29am On May 16, 2016
I knew the media was telling lies. I've had personal contacts with some of these militants before and believe me the Nigerian Army cannot match them. They're very fierce and very diabolical. One encounter with Niger Delta militants you'll never fear a Nigerian soldier again.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by ARIZONA123(m): 10:33am On May 16, 2016
Monimatic:
grin grin grin

. Before nko. You don't know?

10 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Enahi(f): 10:52am On May 16, 2016
The Avengers should better watch it, the Federal Government is seriously on their case. Am sure some of those guys or their supporters are on nairaland, you will be located through your IPs.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Agunnewi: 11:03am On May 16, 2016
undecided
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by cktheluckyman: 11:08am On May 16, 2016
Enahi:
The Avengers should better watch it, the Federal Government is seriously on their case. Am sure some of those guys or their supporters are on nairaland, you will be located through your IPs.

Shuo!! See threat!!

42 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Enahi(f): 11:17am On May 16, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Shuo!! See threat!!

It's not a threat it's called common sense!

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by ayokellany: 11:23am On May 16, 2016
thekingisback:
I knew the media was telling lies. I've had personal contacts with some of these militants before and believe me the Nigerian Army cannot match them. They're very fierce and very diabolical. One encounter with Niger Delta militants you'll never fear a Nigerian soldier again.

Dem b spirit now, which year you wan grown comot from senseless comments. A soldier with a dedicated combat training of several yrs is what you are comparing with a militant under skilled to even handle the weapon in their possession

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Galaxyowerri(m): 11:26am On May 16, 2016
This is a no win situation for Nigeria. Buhari has messed up everything, APC brown envelope controlled media hyped him so much as a super man & a new sherif in town who will turn things around with the wave of a wand, the hype was so much that the dullard started believing it himself!! Reasonable folks new that Niger Delta Avengers was a tsetse fly that perched on the blokos of Nigeria, Buhari should have dialogued with them but he was busy threatning war! war with who? Hit & run/ bomb & disappear militants or with innocent villagers?? Any attempt on replicating Odi massacre in the ND will surely land him at the ICC. The only panacea right now is resource control with heavy royalties paid to the centre.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by RandomVic(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2016
I said it before and I'll gladly say it again, should the NA go all out on the Avengers, the result would be most catastrophic to the NA and to the people of the region. For the Avengers? Not really, since they'd be operating in a hit and run guerrilla tactics. I'm not a prophet of doom neither am I an hater but the NA would suffer heavy casualty. I'm just stating the bitter truth here. Guerrilla warfares are no child's play, even the most powerful countries in the world would find it hard to engage in one.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by csamii: 11:45am On May 16, 2016
ayokellany:

Dem b spirit now, which year you wan grown comot from senseless comments. A soldier with a dedicated combat training of several yrs is what you are comparing with a militant under skilled to even handle the weapon in their possession

A soldier with dedicated combat training for year, shey na one bullet go kill am?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Dlionsheart: 12:26pm On May 16, 2016
thekingisback:

I laughed as never before when a Federal government television called NTA showed their SHOW OF SHAME on television last week of some poor Nigerian with ooutdated local made toy guns as Niger delta avengers arrested.

Except the Niger delta avengers wants to use the Nigeria military for shooting practice, they are no match in sophistication, weapon handling and guerilla tactics. An encounter with a real Niger delta avengers (Niger delta militants) on live operation/action or full military gear is an experience you will never forget in a life time. It's not the nockout being thrown about by boko boys.

The nation cannot bear the next attack by the avengers.
War or its threat does not always end war all the time.
Rightly or wrongly, they should be reached.
Fed. Govt. have been warned!
Two weeks is counting!!
Watching!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Guerrilla Methods A Nightmare To The Military - Daily Trust by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 16, 2016
''No matter how high a bird fly it must come down to drink water'': We shall get them.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Gives Rivers Magistrates Cars - Photos / COVID-19: Osanebi Donates N10M, Truck Of Rice, 600 Cartons Of Noodles, Others / Samuel Ortom Visits Atiku Abubakar In Dubai (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.