Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC (26972 Views)

Here Is When NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream II Is Going To Camp / 5 Reasons Why Your Name May Not Be On NYSC Mobilisation List / Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by misscall247: 11:19pm On May 16, 2016
Haryohdeji:
LoLbish#If they don't post me, I will post my self... Enugu camp here I come on May21
lol.....u no well

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by misscall247: 11:23pm On May 16, 2016
prettyjo:
Tot it was a joke till I saw it on front page.I am really tired of this mess
thankGod ........because in every disappointment thy is a blessin

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by hotspec(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2016
SHENJI! CHANDGI !! CHAINGE !!! We don enter one chance for ds country.
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Sammiel: 11:27pm On May 16, 2016
Zico5:
See comprehension problem from wailers. How could lack of money translate to insensitivity on the part of the government. Its better to stop arguing with them on any matter cos they have nothing good to say than to destroy. Imagine after pushing us to this precarious situation, they still criticize with any issue. They have no aota of shame.
Young man this is not a political thread, people who comment here are prospective corps members (PCMs). Ok?

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Siretopz: 11:29pm On May 16, 2016
sasquareT:
Brig.-Gen. Sulyman Kazaure, Director-General, National Youths Service Corps (NYSC), on Monday told the Senate that lack of funds may stall mobilising 2016 Batch A Stream 2 prospective corps members for orientation.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that orientation for the batch is expected to commence on Friday in 37 camps across the country.

Kazaure told the Senate Committee on Sports in Abuja that the money required for the exercise was yet to be provided.

He said that the NYSC had written several letters requesting for the money but that as at Monday, it was yet to receive response from the Federal Government.

According to him, we had written to Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, Finance, Budget and the Presidency even before the end of the orientation camp for Batch A, Stream One.

“We are presently at a loss in NYSC now as there is no money for us to mobilise thousands of prospective corps members in the Batch A Stream 2 to camp this Friday.

“This is in spite of efforts made by us to get things done in that direction several weeks ago.

“The problem staring us in the face arose from the N13 billion shortfall we had in the 2016 budget estimate which the agency made strong request for its provision during budget defence,” he said.

Kazaure, however, expressed the hope that the presidency may make last minute intervention by providing “the urgently-needed fund for the programme’’.

He told the committee that the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari had invited the Minister of Youths and Sports, Solomon Dalong, to see him over the matter.

In his remark, Chairman of the Senate committee, Sen. Obinna Ogba (PDP Ebonyi Central), assured the NYSC that the senate would intervene in the matter.

He said that the senate would convene a meeting during the week for all the parties concerned, including Ministries of Finance and Budget, to find a quick solution to the problem.

“We have listened to you and we are also disturbed by the problem at hand as regards paucity of funds for mobilisation of prospective corps members.

“NYSC is not something to joke with; even if it is through urgent supplementary budget provisions, the problem must be quickly tackled by the Federal Government,” he said. (NAN)

source
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/lack-funds-may-stall-corps-members-mobilisation-camp-nysc/
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Davis001: 11:37pm On May 16, 2016
What a government
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 16, 2016
innosaint27:

Gerrarahia if u no get beta tin 2 contribute! imagine the nonsense u just ejaculated as a post that nysc scheme should become a programme for some selected professions that u have stupendously called vital. Is there any profession that is not vital?? I AM MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST AND WILL NEVER SEE OTHER PROFESSIONS AS LESS VITAL. U think the world is only meant for those in the medical field? Lawyers, Engineers, teachers? YOU ARE FANTASTICALLY WRONG.
NONSENSE!

First....thanks for your contribution.

Second, I wish I did not have to make the comment that I made.

But let us face reality. The cold fact is that thanks to our reliance on oil....Nigeria does not have enough money because the price of oil...our only revenue earner has fallen.

So...we have to cut costs.

If we do not face that fact....we can take loans from the IMF.....and that would be disastrous.

Thanks....and goodnight.
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 16, 2016
My big broda eyes av always been on d dashboard, waitin for d cal of letter. Al d best to d batch A strem 2.
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by misscall247: 11:57pm On May 16, 2016
how will an illiterate president understand
vote4person weh go schl and knows d value of nysc,Una no gree

#u see#
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Haryohdeji(m): 12:05am On May 17, 2016
sasquareT:
Brig.-Gen. Sulyman Kazaure, Director-General, National Youths Service Corps (NYSC), on Monday told the Senate that lack of funds may stall mobilising 2016 Batch A Stream 2 prospective corps members for orientation.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that orientation for the batch is expected to commence on Friday in 37 camps across the country.

Kazaure told the Senate Committee on Sports in Abuja that the money required for the exercise was yet to be provided.

He said that the NYSC had written several letters requesting for the money but that as at Monday, it was yet to receive response from the Federal Government.

According to him, we had written to Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, Finance, Budget and the Presidency even before the end of the orientation camp for Batch A, Stream One.

“We are presently at a loss in NYSC now as there is no money for us to mobilise thousands of prospective corps members in the Batch A Stream 2 to camp this Friday.

“This is in spite of efforts made by us to get things done in that direction several weeks ago.

“The problem staring us in the face arose from the N13 billion shortfall we had in the 2016 budget estimate which the agency made strong request for its provision during budget defence,” he said.

Kazaure, however, expressed the hope that the presidency may make last minute intervention by providing “the urgently-needed fund for the programme’’.

He told the committee that the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari had invited the Minister of Youths and Sports, Solomon Dalong, to see him over the matter.

In his remark, Chairman of the Senate committee, Sen. Obinna Ogba (PDP Ebonyi Central), assured the NYSC that the senate would intervene in the matter.

He said that the senate would convene a meeting during the week for all the parties concerned, including Ministries of Finance and Budget, to find a quick solution to the problem.

“We have listened to you and we are also disturbed by the problem at hand as regards paucity of funds for mobilisation of prospective corps members.

“NYSC is not something to joke with; even if it is through urgent supplementary budget provisions, the problem must be quickly tackled by the Federal Government,” he said. (NAN)

source
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/lack-funds-may-stall-corps-members-mobilisation-camp-nysc/
infact I will support they postpone stream2 to July on one condition that once we go to camp. We will be paid 4months alawii @ once n we will finish dsame time with stream1

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 12:09am On May 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

But let us face reality. The cold fact is that thanks to our reliance on oil....Nigeria does not have enough money because the price of oil...our only revenue earner has fallen.

I like people like you who admits their wrong and repents immediately.
Thumbs up man. I apologize too for using some harsh words on you.
The truth is, this govt claimed to having been running on GEJ's budget up until last week when the president signed the 2016 budget. It therefore means that even stream 1 Orientation camp was powered by the provisions of GEJ's budget. What then did his 2016 budget capture as far as nysc scheme is concerned since they are crying foul that there is no fund. Is Mr president not aware that In a year nysc produces 2 batches in 4 streams at least in recent times? What this whole insensitivity has show cased is that, in 2016 budget, nysc has nothing. Else why can't batch B or batch C's budgeted fund be used for stream 2 while they iron out issues? God pass dem

If we do not face that fact....we can take loans from the IMF.....and that would be disastrous.

Thanks....and goodnight.
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by cuboncutis(m): 12:13am On May 17, 2016
sasquareT:

Nigerian students graduate later than their peers elsewhere due to the paucity (strike) in Nigeria's educational curriculum. Nysc which creates more disunity than unity adds another extra year in the delay. Now that it seems Gov can no longer sustain the scheme, is it not better the program is scrapped, so as to save the much delayed youths from more time-wasting. Why is it that our leaders are so inept in every sense..

#SCRAPNYSC.

source
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by VanBommel(m): 12:26am On May 17, 2016
Uramzi:
Okay, Now that ot haff near us baah? Smh! Nebours go say yhu no go school atall!
people are already saying that to me
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 12:28am On May 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Thanks....and goodnight.

I like people like you who admits their wrong and repents immediately.
Thumbs up man. I apologize too for using some harsh words on you.
The truth is, this govt claimed to having been running on GEJ's budget up until last week when the president signed the 2016 budget. It therefore means that even stream 1 Orientation camp was powered by the provisions of GEJ's budget. What then did his 2016 budget capture as far as nysc scheme is concerned since they are crying foul that there is no fund. Is Mr president not aware that In a year nysc produces 2 batches in 4 streams at least in recent times? What this whole insensitivity has show cased is that, in 2016 budget, nysc has nothing. Else why can't batch B or batch C's budgeted fund be used for stream 2 while they iron out issues? God pass dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by giftdubby(f): 12:31am On May 17, 2016
I'm so so must disappointed, its not because I'm in stream 2 its simply because I don't know what this country is turning to,too shameful even to the extent to Nysc mobilisation,honestly this country I'm becoming to be tired of it,no work,no food,no money. Pls I just need my certificate and nothing again please.NONSENSE IN BRACKET!!!
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 12:47am On May 17, 2016
NYSC has lost its usefulness. It has become a waste of time and waste of funds. It should be made optional. Those who want to serve can then have their pay increased to like 50k while those who dont care for the programme can go look for jobs or try entrepreneurship or Agriculture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by seunajia: 1:16am On May 17, 2016

The armed robbers in the national assembly will rather fraudulently add constituency projects to the budget than leave the amount the executive budgeted for the NYSC.

Biafrauds are already crying. Awon omo Iran Kiran!
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by playtheblues(f): 2:10am On May 17, 2016
APC 6 months ago: "We will increase Youth Corps Members allowance."

APC 15th May, 2016 " We don't have money for camping of the Corps Members."

Clap for Aaa Piiii Ceeee

Change! Chain.

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Taryur3(m): 3:58am On May 17, 2016
Just pitying my cousin because my uncle that trained him out of university wont stop asking him when he is going for service.
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by EmekaBlue(m): 4:13am On May 17, 2016
Come to think of these millions of fresh graduates joining d jobless millions in job hunting...No wonder airforce Dssc..if u c d way hw airmen sojas where kicking and slapping graduates applicants who were alot on d floor ehn coz of mere applying...The Zoo is becoming a failed state...I dnt think we r good as one..If we split thr can b space fr things to work in diff sections...We better stop decieving ourselves as one zoonirian..Population no b here o
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Dhenz: 4:16am On May 17, 2016
eki2000:
This Government Is Cursed.

No they are not cuz you 're nobody to know who is cursed or not........
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Dhenz: 4:20am On May 17, 2016
misscall247:
how will an illiterate president understand
vote4person weh go schl and knows d value of nysc,Una no gree

#u see#

We had a literate president 6 years ago and Nigeria didn't turn to Dubai.
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Dhenz: 4:23am On May 17, 2016
That scheme is a waste of time and resources. Scrap the damn thing.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by kceewhyte(m): 4:29am On May 17, 2016
#NoPostponementOf2016BatchAStream2
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Tweetums(f): 4:29am On May 17, 2016
Uramzi:
Okay, Now that ot haff near us baah? Smh! Nebours go say yhu no go school atall!
you speaking in tongue?

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by MADrator: 5:03am On May 17, 2016
Pinkyberry2:
APC!!

CHAINS......

This government is the true definition of clueless...

. seun , lalasticlala

eki2000:
This Government Is Cursed.

greatfoly:
what sort of rubbish is this? btw, the budget has been signed, what's stopping implementation? This people should stop wasting our time.
The FG should just scrap this whole scheme and free us from this unnecessary delay.

Afrok:
Not again cry
My neighbours won't stop asking KENNY WHEN ARE U GOING FOR SERVICE? embarassed
Chai... CHANGE everywhere...

donk552:
Useless Buhari why suffering youth

illuminaty:
I LAUGH....and to think that we once heard they were making plans to increase corp members allowance for the month....the basic money they cannot provide,to increase allowee dey sweet them for mouth to talk......shame on this government.....shame on NYSC

WinningSun:
thousands of us have been waiting since we registered in February. I resigned from my job last Friday to prepare myself this week. now I'm stranded. I can't go back and this people just destroy our emotions.

Go to the front page and see another set of campaign by this useless government. They're still campaigning about the 5k monthly payment to 1 million Nigerians, feeding of children in schools, etc. They have not finished tackling the problem at hand but have started promising another set of eldorado! Is this not the definition of directionlessness, cluelessness, visionless, headless, etc? Mumuhammado Dullhary is a curse to this nation! angry
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by arizona2k15(m): 5:17am On May 17, 2016
Mr. President never had d opportunity to be a corper, so if he feels dat Nysc is a waste of money, to us is a waste of time too. He should go a head and scrap it if dey can't finance d scheme.

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Cmanforall: 6:26am On May 17, 2016
sasquareT:

source

SOLUTION : IF NO FUNDS, JUST give them DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE let them enter the labour market ASAP.
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by jubrealguy(m): 6:33am On May 17, 2016
This is very serious
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by jubrealguy(m): 6:35am On May 17, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by ibietela2(m): 6:41am On May 17, 2016
SCRAP THE RUBBISH ALREADY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Set To Review NYSC Allowance Upwards / Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) / NYSC Announces Date For Batch C 2019 Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.