Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Jennifer: Grass To Grace - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jennifer: Grass To Grace (86620 Views)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Grace / Grass To Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Fidelismaria: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ok den two bottles of jack daniels for oga zubby

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Ekeseges(f): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
GOOD AND GREAT KIP IT UP

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ajaxtea(m): 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Uhmmmm.. Zubby77 you are one of the best!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by RSAV: 12:22am On Jun 17, 2016
Great work.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 10:57am On Jun 17, 2016
Episode 17: Light at the End of Tunnel

I followed Solomon to where he lived.
There were other Nigerian men playing cards in the sitting room of the four bedroom apartment when we arrived. We simply greeted them and walked to the room which belonged to Solomon.
As soon as we opened the door to the room, I threw my bag on the bed and started undressing.

“Do quick, I need to go back to the street. I don’t want all night, I want short time,” I said as I undressed myself.

I was scared I could be raped by about three other men I saw in the sitting room. They were all Igbo people and I haven’t been in their midst in the past. I believed it was better that I left the apartment as soon as possible. The truth was that I would not have even agreed to follow Solomon if I knew he lived with three other men.

“Hold it baby girl; I am not interested in sleeping with you. I just need a company and I like you. So I am going to give you the money we agreed on but no zex,” he said.

What kind of man was that?

I was scared I could be raped, yet he was standing there telling me he wasn’t interested in having zex with me. Why else would an Igbo man spend his money on a girl he didn’t even know, if not to have zex in return?

I stood motionless for a moment before I started putting my clothes back on. After dressing up, I sat on the bed and read some Magazines I found on the table. It was certainly a good offer to receive money for a job I did not do. However I still suspected something fishy in the entire arrangement. Igbo men were not known to be all that generous to people who didn’t work for them. Perhaps Solomon was different but it was left for me to find out sooner or later.

Solomon went to the sitting room to play cards with his friends and when he eventually returned to me, he asked how I came to Europe.
Since he was nice to me so far, I decided to tell him how I was tricked into coming to Portugal. I figured that if I was ever going to successfully run away from Madam Grace, I needed to start telling people what I was going through. Solomon seemed like a nice guy already but the problem was that he was an Igbo man. He would never use his money to help me run away; Igbos liked money more than anything else.

I went on to tell Solomon how I was taken to Cotonou, Accra, Abidjan and eventually to Bamako where we took our flight to Spain. I told him everything that happened along the way as he listened for almost an hour without saying a word. He eventually asked why I didn’t run to the police since I wanted to stop being a Prostitute. I told him that I was scared of Olokun, the water goddess.

“My Madam took me to swear an oath in the water that I would be killed by Olokun if I ever thought of running away. I don’t really believe such thing will kill me but I am scared altogether.”

“Go to the bathroom and take a bath, we are going out to look around in the city,” he eventually said.

I could see that he pitied my condition but didn’t want to show it to me. He just remained indifferent.
As I stood up, he led me to the bathroom and helped removed my clothes. I was helpless to tell him to stop. I was beginning to like him for no reasons. He seemed caring enough to me and I was curious as to what he wanted in return for everything he was acting up.

After taking my bath, he went into the bathroom to do the same. There it was; the fat wallet. It was sitting on the table with its opening staring at me. The entire money was still in it. I was instantly compelled to take it and run away. However the problem was that I was supposed to walk through the sitting room where the three men were playing cards. It could be disastrous if they stopped me from leaving. As a result, I decided to forget about stealing the wallet.

However, I opened it and took a 50 Euro note. I didn’t care if he would eventually find out or not. My silly logic was that if he found out later, I would tell him that I decided to take my payment so that he won’t disappoint me. It was a fair logic for a thief but then it was not clear how he would react if he finds out.

After taking his bath, we walked down to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. The unexpected started happening from the restaurant. Solomon started feeding me rice as if I was his girlfriend. Initially I thought he just wanted to act up but when he did it continuously, I knew that I was in for something different. I felt loved for the first time since I came to Portugal. I thought it was all hell until I found Solomon. It also flashed through my mind that he could be up to something, or perhaps he was crazy. No one feeds a girl he just met two hours before and to think that he picked me up from the street made things confusing.

“Let’s go to the stadium,” Solomon said when we finished dinner.

We took a cab to the Benfica Stadium to look around. That was the first time I actually left my area since I came to Portugal. It was fun the entire time as he held my hand in public. I felt real love for the first time.

Back in his place, we took our bath again and had zex. Yes, we eventually had zex and I experienced zex mixed with love for the first time. Everything was different.

Early the next morning, I woke up and announced my leave. I told Solomon that I will call him in evening. He offered 150 Euros to me and I refused. I told him that I didn’t want to be a Prostitute to him. I was even ashamed I took his 50 Euros from the wallet. I was torn between returning it and keeping it but I eventually decided to keep it; if things continued the way it was between us, I was sure I would tell him about it soon enough.

Mary and Jane were sleeping when I knocked, but I woke them up to open the door for me.
“I hope that Igbo boy gave you money,” Mary murmured on her way back to bed.
I didn’t respond to her, I just threw my bag on the table and fell on the sofa.

It was a Monday morning; business was always difficult on Mondays, as a result, we didn’t go out most Mondays. We were going to stay indoors all day and night.
Around mid day, Mary wanted to know what happened between me and the black boy. I told her that I wasn’t interested in discussing that topic but she kept probing.
I eventually told Mary that I liked Solomon. “He didn’t give me money, in fact; I was the person who rejected the money he offered me".
Jane was there too. She asked if I was crazy to reject 150 Euros.

“I will see how you will be able to pay for your freedom if you keep rejecting money like that.”
It was good that they felt the way they did. I didn’t want any of them to know that I planned to run away someday.

"It is an absolute human certainty that no woman can know her own beauty or perceive a sense of her own worth until it has been reflected back to her in the mirror of a loving man.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Danemmy(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
thanks boss..,.more! more!!more!

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Luckymay(f): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
this last quote got me thinking about life. Thanks oga zubby for letting us see the true picture of life out there so when next someone offers us the opportunity we would knw how to respond. Just like the igbo adage that goes "onye Noro ebe ono ebe o na noghi Anagu ya. Once again thanks for delivering this piece.(in a platter of gold kwanu). Keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nmaglit: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
U r good Zuby kip up d good work

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by rose4flower(f): 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nice story loving every part of it. thanks Zubby.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
Kudos Zuby,ur story is very interesting.Thanks for dd update

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ola4ola(m): 5:17am On Jun 18, 2016
zuby u don make me stop to dey watch africa magic with dis ur story

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by spargs(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2016
This story is soooo dope. Mr zubby more ink to the pen that wrote that down

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Nice one Mr Azubuike.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 8:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Episode 18: No Permission to Leave

On the evening of the day after I visited Solomon, I called him. “I want to come to your place now.”

“Are you coming to do what?” He fired and scared me.
“I don’t know. I just want to come,” I said.

After some more questions over why I wanted to visit him, he eventually agreed. After getting ready, I took my handbag and diverted to where Solomon lived. He was waiting for me at the door when the cab stopped; he paid the cab off.

Inside the stairwell, he asked why I decided to come back to his place.
“If you don’t want me here, I can go away,” I said boldly.

He didn’t respond to that as we walked the entire four floors with legs.
Inside the room, he took permission and went to the kitchen. He said he was about to cook something when I came.

After remembering how I felt with Solomon the night before, I started crying. I wished things could just be that way forever. I didn’t want to return to the streets. I knew I could still salvage myself if I did something fast. It could be too late in a few months for me. I didn’t want prostitution to become my life story; it was very scary to even think about it.

When Solomon walked back to the room and saw me crying, he held me and asked what the reason was.
“I don’t want to continue what I am doing but I am scared to tell my Madam,” I said.

I wanted to tell him about it the day before but I didn’t have enough courage. I had also rehearsed how to present the statement to him with tears and all that. There was no hope that he would help me even if he could.
But I was surprised when he said, “If you really wish to stop, you can stay here with me. I know your Madam will start looking for you and even me, but I can find a way to settle with her.”

I stood up and looked him in the eyes, “Can you really do that for me?”

“I don’t know how it will end but I can start by getting your Madams phone number,” he said. “But what do you plan to do if you quit prostitution?”

“I want to go back to Nigeria.”

He said that returning to Nigeria was a good idea but will cost some money. At the end of our conversation, we agreed that I would return to where I lived with Mary and visit him whenever I wanted until he finds a way to take me out of Portugal. His reason was that it would be bad if Madam Grace started to look for us long before we have a good plan to send me out.

From then on, I started going to his place every day; I would prepare for work and disappear to his place. Mary was asking questions over where I go all the time. Jane wasn’t concerned; she said she didn’t care as long as I return with money each day.
According to Mary, nobody seemed to know my new work place. They said I might have found one white man who slept with me every day and gave me money. She knew I liked Solomon but she didn’t believe an Igbo boy could be giving me 100 Euros every day.
The good news was that each day I wanted to go back from Solomon’s place; he would give me 100 Euros. He said he will take them back when it was time to move. I believed he did that to test if i really wanted to stop prostitution or if i would disappear with all the money he gave me.

I cooked for Solomon and the entire men in the apartment. Solomon was providing money for the foods alone and each time I asked why he didn’t want to get money from the other men, he would tell me that he knew what he was doing.
Things went on that way until I decided that I won’t return to where I lived with Mary anymore. It was getting to Sunday morning when Madam Grace usually sent her two thugs to pick up money from us. I wasn’t going to give them the money I received from Solomon, so when I told him that they will seize the money on Sunday morning, he asked me to abandon the place and stay with him permanently.

He took me out and bought new clothes and shoes. Since I recently fell in love with Jean trousers, it wasn’t difficult to get the clothes I wanted. Solomon also told me that it was better to get only trousers since we didn’t know how things would turn out with my Madam. He told me that we could be on the run at anytime and I understood.
That was how things stayed until after one week when I heard the rumor that Madam Grace was searching for me. Unfortunately for them, I changed my Sim card and disconnected myself from everyone I knew in Lisbon.

It was nearly two weeks when Solomon returned one day and said Madam Grace stopped him at Colombo business district.
“I met with your Madam today at Colombo,” he had announced as soon as he returned to the apartment.
He seemed excited about it.

“What happened?” I asked.

“She is obviously looking for you and she knows you are with me. Someone from this apartment must have told her. I just want you to know that they will soon come searching for you here. So we need to do something about that,” he said.

I didn’t respond to that. I didn’t know what to say or do. I was scared too and I didn’t want to return to the streets. The few days I spent with Solomon were enough to return my mind to normal. Returning to the street would kill me if I did that, therefore when Solomon asked what I wished to do about the current situation, I told him that Madam Grace could go to hell.

“Good, I see you are strong and determined enough to do this. We will find a way to leave this place soon,” He had said.

We didn’t venture outside for the next two days; we didn’t want to be spotted outside because we believed that Madam Grace must have spread the news of where I was to the Nigerian populace. But when we ran out of foods on the third day, Solomon went out.
I waited for him in the apartment and prayed that he returned safely. I was scared Madam Grace could send the thugs to him out there. I was afraid that I could also lose him, I was falling in love with him and that was the only thing I needed at that time.

He eventually returned alive and said he saw my Madam again at Rossio area.
“I had a delicate conversation with your Madam today and I recorded everything she said,” he said as he brought out his phone and played the recorded conversation.
I didn’t see anything important in the record. All I heard was my Madam shouting that Olokun will kill Solomon and that it cost her lots of money to bring me to Portugal.

“This is the time to give me your Madam’s phone number. I need to have a chat with her,” Solomon said.
I gave him the phone number and waited for him to call.

"The game is about to get hot"

Dedicated to Miss Lanicky who is contesting for miss Nairaland 2016.
I understand we have never been in any kind of contact both off or online but after looking at the contestants, I decided to go for a natural girl without paints on her face. We were all created with the paints we deserve.
I hereby endorse and urge my fans to help make your dream come through.
https://www.nairaland.com/lanicky

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by lanicky(f): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2016
ZUBY77:
Episode 18: No Permission to Leave

Dedicated to Miss Lanicky who is contesting for miss Nairaland 2016.
I understand we have never been in any kind of contact both off or online but after looking at the contestants, I decided to go for a natural girl without paints on her face. We were all created with the paints we deserve.
I hereby endorse and urge my fans to help make your dream come through.
https://www.nairaland.com/lanicky

Oh my God, I'm pleasantly surprised. shockedcheesy

Thanks a lot for this, God bless you.
Like seriously, I don't know what to type now. Lol

*I'll follow your stories as from now*
Thanks again.
kiss

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Danemmy(m): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2016
ehmm.....oga zuby, how i go fit take vote
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 9:00am On Jun 18, 2016
Danemmy:
ehmm.....oga zuby, how i go fit take vote

Thanks for your trust and belief. I believe the thread will be on front page when it's time to vote.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Danemmy(m): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2016
ok boss......ehemm update oh
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2016
Danemmy:
ok boss......ehemm update oh

This update comes once a day. Today is 18 and you have the 18th episode.
It will run daily for 100 days, then we switch to the season 2.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by aprilwise(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
I appreciate ur time nd effort for this masterpiece. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by RSAV: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Fascinating story.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ola4ola(m): 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
this is super story ...................

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olatex25(m): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wow.. Am jst speechless.. More greese 2 ur elbow bro

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by SamMilla1(m): 8:42am On Jun 19, 2016
The handle Zuby77 has been banned until July 3.
Unfortunately, he is not interested in begging anybody to be un-banned.
The story continues on Global Runs.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by misspeggy(f): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Nna eh
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by donephi(m): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
olashas
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olashas(f): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
donephi:
olashas
Hi.

Thanks.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by donephi(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
olashas:

Hi.

Thanks.

howdy
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olashas(f): 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
donephi:

howdy
Good good. You?
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by donephi(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
olashas:

Good good. You?
Excellent.
I found out we are attracted to same kind of stories. So I decided...
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by olashas(f): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
donephi:

Excellent.
I found out we are attracted to same kind of stories. So I decided...
Yeah. I get. Thanks wink
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by donephi(m): 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
olashas:

Yeah. I get. Thanks wink

Anytime.
Just looked at your profile, is that you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

CI / A Thorn In The Flesh / Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.