Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide (40204 Views)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / Universities School Fee Hike, ASUU Kicks, Talks Strike Possibilities. / ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by kings09(m): 9:24am On May 18, 2016
Confused buhari, Confused govt, confused labor movement, confused priorities

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Marcus992000(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2016
when i saw the headline, i cant but just LOL. ASUU is the biggest joke in Nigeria. Even bigger than NLC. grin

Me saf go call for STRIKE now......Oya lets all strike on Nairaland.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Firefire(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2016
"The same APC government that failed to pay civil servants for months is now celebrating budget signing with the legalization of black market".

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by kilode100(f): 9:25am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:
Shall we say dat ASUU got it wrong?

Does ASUU understand the government of subsidy?

Shall we say dat 70& of ASUU members fully support the position of their union regarding going on strike due to subsidy remover?

I & many of my colleague do not support the union decision of embarking on industrial action.

At our Congress today many did not support ASUU going on strike but as long as the national has made up their mind in joining NLC, what else.

The point is dat let us give the present government a trial for some period and see what shall happened to the price and economy.

Why Jonathan's subsidy remover was greeted with nation wide protest and strike was dat he was not trusted and transparent with public fund management unlike Buhari regime.

Remember gsm service provider case dat at first, it was so expensive to belong, but today due to multi player of competitors, any one can easily acquire it.

My opinion for you.

Thanks

Sharrap!

13 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Oladim001(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

Shall we say dat 70& of ASUU members fully support the position of their union regarding going on strike due to subsidy remover?

I & many of my colleague do not support the union decision of embarking on industrial action.

At our Congress today many did not support ASUU going on strike but as long as the national has made up their mind in joining NLC, what else.

The point is dat let us give the present government a trial for some period and see what shall happened to the price and economy.

Why Jonathan's subsidy remover was greeted with nation wide protest and strike was dat he was not trusted and transparent with public fund management unlike Buhari regime.

Remember gsm service provider case dat at first, it was so expensive to belong, but today due to multi player of competitors, any one can easily acquire it.

My opinion for you.

Thanks
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Checked86: 9:25am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
If you are looking for the zombie, here he is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 9:25am On May 18, 2016
On no!!!
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by flokii: 9:26am On May 18, 2016
Lmao grin

Na real wa for my country.. Na ASUU carry fight for head now abi

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by nathz45: 9:26am On May 18, 2016
In Flavour's voice: Finally ooo..it's about to go down

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Oladim001(m): 9:27am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
i dnt knw wts wif ASUU seriously they jst keep bringing d school calendar of students to a halt its nt fair na they shud at least consider d numerous students dt dis will affect strike today strike 2mao e neva do dem

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by carlzy: 9:28am On May 18, 2016
Even ASUU?

The word "change" goes both ways. It could either be positive or negative. We don enter one chance.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by EROMS38(m): 9:28am On May 18, 2016
GODBLESS ASUU

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by wallex1983(m): 9:28am On May 18, 2016
Anytime I hear strike, I remember Sergent Rogers and Al-Mustapha
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by allthingsgood: 9:30am On May 18, 2016
bluestone77em:
ASUU is always on the right path for the masses. Thank you.

Right part indeed!

But they only control the academic staff of public universities. And guess who will suffer? students in public universities!

Subsidy is gone for good. Whether ASUU or association of ashawos go on strike or not

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Dee60: 9:30am On May 18, 2016
Corruption is fighting anti-corruption. Fantasically corrupt Nigerians will fight back for sure.

PMB refused to devalue the Naira and they called him dullard. If he had they would have called him clueless.

Before the removal of subsidies they all chorused 'remove subsidy now'! And then subsidy is removed, they go on the streets.

Pathetic!
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by ajarossi(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2016
Bet9Ja code pls pla on or b4 11 am 18-05-2016
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Touchey: 9:32am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

Shall we say dat 70& of ASUU members fully support the position of their union regarding going on strike due to subsidy remover? ....

My opinion for you.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by chimex001(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2016
ASUU is not serious
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by ajarossi(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2016
Bet9Ja code pls pla on or b4 11 am 18-05-2016

Number:N66WLR
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by michaeak: 9:33am On May 18, 2016
NO NIGERIA SHOULD JOIN ORGANISED LABOUR OR ASSU TO PROTEST.
BECAUSE WHEN WE NEEDED THEM MOST , THEY DID NOT ACT.
MORE SO, THEIR POCKET IS FILLED UP]

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by ismayl: 9:33am On May 18, 2016
I told buhari nigerians are not worth dying for. let them all die of stervation.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by profmallory(m): 9:34am On May 18, 2016
Here is my response on the part that seems to make you laugh: How do you trust someone who increases the cost of fuel on the 1st of Jan... 1st of Jan for Gods sake, isnt that wickedness of the highest order, it wont kill him to wait for a month to bring the hard ship on us, need i remind you of how long it took for people to return home when they all got stranded. So yes he lost our trust the moment he made that move, and yes I Voted for GEJ in 2011, and also Yes we trust Buhari now, because GEJ made Buhari look so good and sellable and Yes i voted for Buhari in 2015. And the subsidy has gone

Nbote:

First things first, it's not Subsidy Remover but Subsidy Removal so I wonder what Congress discusses "remover" instead of "removal". Well I expect u to claim it's auto-correct blah blah but then u asked if ASUU understood the govt of subsidy? From ur write up and use of English I laughed at d part where u mentioned "U and ur colleagues" and "at ur Congress today".
Anyways unions don't need 100% vote to reach an agreement or take a decision. Majority as we know always carries d day which means there'll b some who oppose d idea.
I find it laughable d new excuse of d masses not trusting d GEJ govt with public funds or his govt having transparency issues because he had jus won d elections a few months earlier for christ sakes. How com he won d elections since d new claim dat he wasn't trusted or transparent enof? I don't think U or d govt or anyone else needs to give excuses as to why ppl opposed it, jus giv reasons y dey shld support d move simple. I'm not in support or any industrial action by d NLC or ASUU or any other body at dat cos dey have been silent for too long and shld had done so way before now wit d persistent scarcity and clear indication in d budget of d removal of subsidy. But d ryt to embark on an industrial action is totally theirs if dey deem so.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by skywalker001(m): 9:34am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
That is why I always say we shud allow great economist to rule this country cuz no one wil know more bout economy than we economist
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by slap1(m): 9:34am On May 18, 2016
LOL. ASUU never misses an opportunity to go on strike.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by richard870(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2016
This man nailed it!..."According to Omole, the policy of subsidy removal was the most criminal ambush from the Mohammadu Buhari-led federal government to empower the rich and cripple the poor.

The ASUU boss who said that the common denominator to all Nigerians is poverty added that the same APC government that failed to pay civil servants for months is now celebrating budget signing with the legalization of black market"

Only sycophants would want the status-quo to be the norm. As for me, I say a BIG 'NO'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heartless, egotistical, tyrannic, cocky and clueless people called 'APC'

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Ugosample(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks

And you think Nigerians trust Buhari too?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by nickxtra(m): 9:36am On May 18, 2016
ASUU will always be the ones to go on strike. Yeye people
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 9:37am On May 18, 2016
ASUU! I want to graduate o!
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Iamtundey1(m): 9:38am On May 18, 2016
I weep for my dear country, even our youth are deceived by political cabals.. Someone said he doesnt support this subsidy removal cause APC didnt support it during GEJ regime.. But you know it wont only benefit us but the generations to come.. My question is.. When are we going to forget the past? When are we going to stop this politics? Nigeria truly needs prayer as concerning our youth. Smh
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by DebateNigeria: 9:45am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks

While I support full deregulation, I want to disagree with some of your depositions here.
The issue in 2012 was not whether we trusted Jonathan or not because he was barely 7 months into his tenure, how then would the issue of trust come in when he won the mandate of the people through a seemingly free and fair elections and came in through popular votes.
The opposition deceived Nigerians and that should be noted. They should apologize to Nigerians.
I supported deregulation then and I will support it now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by kiddie(m): 9:45am On May 18, 2016
Iamtundey1:
I weep for my dear country, even our youth are deceived by political cabals.. Someone said he doesnt support this subsidy removal cause APC didnt support it during GEJ regime.. But you know it wont only benefit us but the generations to come.. My question is.. When are we going to forget the past? When are we going to stop this politics? Nigeria truly needs prayer as concerning our youth. Smh
what are you saying

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by chenemi123: 9:45am On May 18, 2016
If other unions and organisation will take to the way of ASUU, the FG will be force to make a U-turn just as we had it in 2012...........Solidarity for ever more.........we shall always fight for our rights.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Yaashwin Sarawanan Malaysian Human Calculator On Asia's Got Talent (Photos) / I'm Officially A Graduate (Pics) / Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.