Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide (40205 Views)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / Universities School Fee Hike, ASUU Kicks, Talks Strike Possibilities. / ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nbote(m): 10:31am On May 18, 2016
profmallory:
Here is my response on the part that seems to make you laugh: How do you trust someone who increases the cost of fuel on the 1st of Jan... 1st of Jan for Gods sake, isnt that wickedness of the highest order, it wont kill him to wait for a month to bring the hard ship on us, need i remind you of how long it took for people to return home when they all got stranded. So yes he lost our trust the moment he made that move, and yes I Voted for GEJ in 2011, and also Yes we trust Buhari now, because GEJ made Buhari look so good and sellable and Yes i voted for Buhari in 2015. And the subsidy has gone

Well hypocrisy and bias is clearly written all over ur comment. U claim Nigerians didn't trust GEJ's govt enof dats y dey protested d subsidy removal and den u claim he increased fuel prices and suggested he waited atleast a month to make d decision. U kip contradicting urselves but dats by d way. Enof said. Like I said earlier no need trying to justify d mistakes made den because dats what it was, a mistake. And I notice u have comprehension issues as well. Take ur time to read my comment over and over again and den listen to urself by reading ur comment slowly over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by pat077: 10:35am On May 18, 2016
Govt must revert to d old pump price before any negotiation can take place.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Dentmoyin(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2016
Thats what you get when a fulani man becomes a president...choi na yahoo sure pass..ASUU sef dem no dey gree oo..
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 10:40am On May 18, 2016

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by oluwole1211(m): 10:49am On May 18, 2016
The best this government should have done before the removal of subsidy is to address the issue of forex so that the marketers can import fuel as at when due but when they are struggling to buy dollar at such an expensive rate then they will have to transfer the burden to the masses which mean they may sell fuel more than #145 per litre.so as the price of oil keep increasing in the world market so the price will also keep increasing.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by futurenix(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:
Shall we say dat ASUU got it wrong?

Does ASUU understand the government of subsidy?

Shall we say dat 70& of ASUU members fully support the position of their union regarding going on strike due to subsidy remover?

I & many of my colleague do not support the union decision of embarking on industrial action.

At our Congress today many did not support ASUU going on strike but as long as the national has made up their mind in joining NLC, what else.

The point is dat let us give the present government a trial for some period and see what shall happened to the price and economy.

Why Jonathan's subsidy remover was greeted with nation wide protest and strike was dat he was not trusted and transparent with public fund management unlike Buhari regime.

Remember gsm service provider case dat at first, it was so expensive to belong, but today due to multi player of competitors, any one can easily acquire it.

My opinion for you.

Thanks

Do u honestly believe 145 naira per liter will last for 6 months when the PMS will strictly be controlled by the parallel market rate?

How much dollars is circulating that will be enough for the oil marketers to import this PMS?

The major means through which dollars would have been made available is been crippled by CBN by paying beneficiaries of money sent from abroad in local currency and at official rate.

In three months without devaluation, naira will crash further to maybe 500/$ as a result of its scarcity and then the fuel price will be reviewed upwards again to maybe 250 per liter.

This will keep on circling and that's what the NLC is fighting for.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Boeing777pilot: 10:58am On May 18, 2016
See why private university students graduate on time? grin

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by NanaG: 11:08am On May 18, 2016
Hmmm, nawa ooo.

But anyways,strike or no strike, IMSU ASUU has been on strike since the 21st of March...so, e no touch me @ all
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Temysteve(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2016
folabisi07:
U.I is on strike, ASUU is on strike, so when strike meets strike what happens?? O God of creation, direct our noble cause!
guide our leaders right, help our youth to know the truth...
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by emmyblow: 11:14am On May 18, 2016
What is buhari doing he thinks he can manupilate every Nigeria. He enrich the rich while the poor are being suffering. God will destroy all this weaked souls

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Jazzlite: 11:16am On May 18, 2016
oh yes maa bo nile ....wa pakurumo ko jo dadaa.....bimo ketowole pada
Harbosede02:
On no!!!
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 11:22am On May 18, 2016
Here in UCH. Strike has commence fully and its taking shape as all parastatals are joining. Its gonna be a big blow on FG despite the kangaroo court injuction.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by samlestic(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2016
Why Jonathan's subsidy remover was greeted with nation wide protest and strike was dat he was not trusted and transparent with public fund management unlike buhari regime

Thanks[/quote]

may thunder fire u dea!
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by emmaanya: 11:34am On May 18, 2016
shall we continue to die in silence? All Nigerians must rise and say no to the fuel increase. The people in power don't buy fuel with their money, they get it free so they will not know the impact it has. Everyone who loves this country especially the poor must kick against this fuel increase.
Join the NLC, ASUU and other bodies who are not happy to say no to dictatorship.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by malthus231(m): 11:35am On May 18, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Change is a vague word.
But at least when it is mentioned with a negative prefix then we assume it to be a positive change.
But last year when the APC were campaigning, they were shouting Chain! Chain!
But y'all mistook it to be change!
now see

ASUU......................not again.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by ochiq(m): 11:51am On May 18, 2016
And one illiterate almajiri zombie go come nairaland to talk nonsense that buhari and apc mean well for Nigeria sad
Mufasa1805:
Ademola Bab alola in Ibadan

National President of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Professor Biodun Ogunyemi has mobilized members of the union for strike and mass action commencing Wednesday to force the Federal Government to revert the pump price from N145 to N86.50.

In a letter sent to members of the congress nationwide and read at the University of Ibadan Chapter where the Chairman, Dr Deji Omole mobilized members to get ready for mass resistance to what he called the obnoxious and callous policy of fuel price increment.

According to Omole, the policy of subsidy removal was the most criminal ambush from the Mohammadu Buhari-led federal government to empower the rich and cripple the poor.

The ASUU boss who said that the common denominator to all Nigerians is poverty added that the same APC government that failed to pay civil servants for months is now celebrating budget signing with the legalization of black market.

Omole who noted that many state governors who now align with the removal of subsidy ran their states aground through wasteful spending added that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission should beam search lights on state governors.

ASUU boss noted that the coup against the masses adding that since Nigeria runs motorized economy, Nigerians cannot be forced to carry the problems created by the rich and friends of government.

ASUU president in the letter entitled “Increase in Pump price of Premium Motor Spirit to N145 perlitre: Proposal for Joint Action with NLC stated that ASUU members are called upon to according to our Union’s principles, fully respect Article 2 of the Constitution of ASUU; that our Union and members shall work for the protection and advancement of the socio-economic interests of the nation. Branch Chairpersons are to conduct emergency congress meetings on Tuesday 17 May 2016 to mobilise our members for the action commencing on Wednesday. All branches of ASUU nationwide are to comply”

Ogunyemi anchored the position on “delayed, partially paid and in most cases unpaid salaries for a number of months by state, federal and local governments, disguised retrenchment of workers, especially by State Governments, in the name of verification exercise and endless hunt for ghost workers and heavy taxation”.

Source:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/17/fuel-hike-ASUU-declares-nationwide-strike/
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by mannyiyke: 11:53am On May 18, 2016
emmasege:
I'm fully in support of ASUU's position not only because I'm a member but also because it's an equal & opposite reaction to government's insensitivity & deception. This government needs to be reminded that power belongs to the people before they take the only fundamental human right (freedom of expression) we have left, from us.
What makes you think Buhsri's regime can be trusted either? Neither him nor the thieves around him can be trusted as well. A world power (Cameron) said it, he (buhari) affirmed it and UK media sealed it.
Well said, bro. Well done for this good piece. It's high time they took us for a ride. Enough is enough! They shld stop this blame game: GEJ could not be trusted. How are they even sure Buhari cld be trusted? I dare say GEJ is honest to d core unlike Buhari who is tricky and deceptive.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by snakebeat: 11:58am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:
Shall we say dat ASUU got it wrong? in joining NLC, what else.

The point is dat let us give the present government a trial for some period and see what shall happened to the price and economy.

Why Jonathan's subsidy remover was greeted with nation wide protest and strike was dat he was not trusted and transparent with public fund management unlike Buhari regime.

My opinion for you.

Thanks
all the monies that has recovered, what tangible thing have they done with it? so u think buhari govt is transperent?

if nothing good happens to the economy and price, what happens?
people like u are the problem we have with nigeria, have u sat down to ask why the FG refuse to build refinery?
every body is in for a business because of profit, the price of petrol can never be less than 145. it will only increase, for it to reduce, PMS will regulate it. dont be deluded....
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by iswallker(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

Shall we say dat 70& of ASUU members fully support the position of their union regarding going on strike due to subsidy remover?

I & many of my colleague do not support the union decision of embarking on industrial action.

At our Congress today many did not support ASUU going on strike but as long as the national has made up their mind in joining NLC, what else.

Remember gsm service provider case dat at first, it was so expensive to belong, but today due to multi player of competitors, any one can easily acquire it.

My opinion for you.

Thanks

you are an ASUU member and your English is in a deplorable state......no wonder we have unbaked graduates roaming the streets...
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Eastcoast33(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2016
ajarossi:
Bet9Ja code pls pla on or b4 11 am 18-05-2016
where e dey?
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Stbottle(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2016
Did the then GSM price affect our economy the way this pms is doing. Sometimes endeavour to double think before posting, imagine you comparing gsm with fuel
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by iswallker(m): 12:38pm On May 18, 2016
ASUU the defender of the masses of this country..god is your strength...however we have to begin to think outside the box for multiple streams of income..the following steps will help you... cheesy

10 Steps to achieve financial independence
Invest in Longrich International, china
Entry levels include silver 65k; gold 110k; platinum 280k; vip 580k
Make payment to the nearest stockist/distributor
You immediately get your money’s worth of products
You can either use or sell the products; selling products is not our priority.
The focus is to get three people to register under you, called your legs
Each of your legs will in turn get three people to register.
This way, we can build our placement tree.
Bonuses available to you and I include sponsorship bonus, placement bonus, performance bonus, retail/repeat order bonus etc.
A group support system is available to help you achieve your dreams
Contact me for more details - 08033665497
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by simplibaba(m): 12:51pm On May 18, 2016
l
iswallker:
ASUU the defender of the masses of this country..god is your strength...however we have to begin to think outside the box for multiple streams of income..the following steps will help you... cheesy

10 Steps to achieve financial independence
Invest in Longrich International, china
Entry levels include silver 65k; gold 110k; platinum 280k; vip 580k
Make payment to the nearest stockist/distributor
You immediately get your money’s worth of products
You can either use or sell the products; selling products is not our priority.
The focus is to get three people to register under you, called your legs
Each of your legs will in turn get three people to register.
This way, we can build our placement tree.
Bonuses available to you and I include sponsorship bonus, placement bonus, performance bonus, retail/repeat order bonus etc.
A group support system is available to help you achieve your dreams
Contact me for more details - 08033665497

you want to add your own quota after all this hardship in the land of nigeria.... marketing biz can kill bro so wise up cos they must have deceive you that a carpenter stopped doing his profession few months ago cos of this program and he his now traveling to london every weekend but this people telling you self never eat since am......
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by iswallker(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2016
simplibaba:
l

far from that..am gainfully employed and dont plan to leave my job at least for now. however, there is a need to have other streams of income. direct selling provides this platform...through hard work we can achieve our dreams. i invite you... grin
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 18, 2016
So this means an extra three months for my nephew? After one month lazing around due to the UNIPORT tussle now this. E no go better for ASUU. If this boy wasn't already in final year I'd've taken him to a private university.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 18, 2016
And this ASUU like strike before. Now dem don join now. In fela's Voice "when trouble sleeps u say u wan wake am wetin u dey find"
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by simplibaba(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2016
iswallker:

far from that..am gainfully employed and dont plan to leave my job at least for now. however, there is a need to have other streams of income. direct selling provides this platform...through hard work we can achieve our dreams. i invite you... grin

thank you..... call back lasts if it s not marketing ish
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by simplibaba(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2016
iswallker:

thank you..... call back next time if it s not marketing ish
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
Nobody should come here and give this silly GSM example. Sick and tired of it!
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by treachiz(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2016
ASUU is now on strike? Uniport Neva even finish dere own self... 9ja were r we heading 2?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by brojoshua: 4:28pm On May 18, 2016
Let the few who fear God and have the wisdom of God and are not corrupt and love their country and care for the poor among our people, among ASUU advise the government and the rest of their members and Nigeria at large what is right. Salaries of ASUU members and others like NMA and so on should be reduced that naira could be worked on to increase in value. I mean it is not only the salaries of the government officials that should be reduced but also those of ASUU members, NMA members and all the other bodies and people who are collecting too much salaries in Nigeria, this is one of the major factor contributing to the poor value of our currency naira.
The past government started to paid them too much salaries.
I remember, ASUU started by saying that the salaries which government officials like councillors, local government chairmen and so on were collecting was too much and that they should reduce it, but after a while they stopped that and started to fight for their own salaries increments, saying the government officials would not reduce their own salaries, then let governments also increase their salaries that they all together may be destroying the economy of the country. Saying if those who are given themselves big salaries will not reduce their salaries let their own also be increased that they may also join the government officials to destroy Nigeria economy. And look at the state of the economy and the value of naira now. This is selfishness and no patriotism.
So let the salaries of all who are collecting too much or large salaries in Nigeria, particularly governments workers, be reduced.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Kenturkey048(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2016
As they neva stryk for some time now,,dem dey look for means to stryk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Yaashwin Sarawanan Malaysian Human Calculator On Asia's Got Talent (Photos) / I'm Officially A Graduate (Pics) / Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.