Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide (40203 Views)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / Universities School Fee Hike, ASUU Kicks, Talks Strike Possibilities. / ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by toolovely(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2016
i wonder why people keep comparing two things-gsm and pms as one. these are two different things all together. when gsm came, it had nothing to do with ordinary nigerian. the people that could afford it did, while those that didnt, relaxed and hoped they would one day which didnt affect any other sector in nigeria. but petrol controls virtually everything in nigeria. small scale biz depends on these as we are not sure where the power sector is heading. prices of things in d market have gone up, transport fare same. and its biting hard on average nigerians not the rich or politicians. electricity tarrif has been increased despite one not sure of 5 hour power supply. please, bring up another argument not gsm era.
reyscrub:
Shall we say dat ASUU got it wrong?

Does ASUU understand the government of subsidy?

Shall we say dat 70& of ASUU members fully support the position of their union regarding going on strike due to subsidy remover?

I & many of my colleague do not support the union decision of embarking on industrial action.

At our Congress today many did not support ASUU going on strike but as long as the national has made up their mind in joining NLC, what else.

The point is dat let us give the present government a trial for some period and see what shall happened to the price and economy.

Why Jonathan's subsidy remover was greeted with nation wide protest and strike was dat he was not trusted and transparent with public fund management unlike Buhari regime.

Remember gsm service provider case dat at first, it was so expensive to belong, but today due to multi player of competitors, any one can easily acquire it.

My opinion for you.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Ghost01(m): 9:48am On May 18, 2016
Where were they when fuel was being sold at N250 per litre?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by robosky02(m): 9:49am On May 18, 2016
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by macaranta(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2016
Hmmm this government should thread carefully.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by micxwell(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2016
kilode100:

Sharrap!
You r not nice at all cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by laprince(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

Shall we say dat 70& of ASUU members fully support the position of their union regarding going on strike due to subsidy remover?

I & many of my colleague do not support the union decision of embarking on industrial action.

At our Congress today many did not support ASUU going on strike but as long as the national has made up their mind in joining NLC, what else.

The point is dat let us give the present government a trial for some period and see what shall happened to the price and economy.

Why Jonathan's subsidy remover was greeted with nation wide protest and strike was dat he was not trusted and transparent with public fund management unlike Buhari regime.

Remember gsm service provider case dat at first, it was so expensive to belong, but today due to multi player of competitors, any one can easily acquire it.

My opinion for you.

Thanks

Was it u that didn't trust GEJ with money?
Rubbish motive and trash reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by CHYMZZY(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks

young man, what point are you trying to create here? That GEJ is a THIEF, PMB is our saviour and we keep on waitin' for him till enternity for him to come out with a possible solution? lipsrsealed
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks

young man, what point are you trying to create here? That GEJ is a THIEF, PMB is our saviour and we keep on waitin' for him till enternity for him to come out with a possible solution?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by samokoduwa(m): 9:57am On May 18, 2016
J
Mufasa1805:
Ademola Babalola in Ibadan

National President of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Professor Biodun Ogunyemi has mobilized members of the union for strike and mass action commencing Wednesday to force the Federal Government to revert the pump price from N145 to N86.50.

In a letter sent to members of the congress nationwide and read at the University of Ibadan Chapter where the Chairman, Dr Deji Omole mobilized members to get ready for mass resistance to what he called the obnoxious and callous policy of fuel price increment.

According to Omole, the policy of subsidy removal was the most criminal ambush from the Mohammadu Buhari-led federal government to empower the rich and cripple the poor.

The ASUU boss who said that the common denominator to all Nigerians is poverty added that the same APC government that failed to pay civil servants for months is now celebrating budget signing with the legalization of black market.

Omole who noted that many state governors who now align with the removal of subsidy ran their states aground through wasteful spending added that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission should beam search lights on state governors.

ASUU boss noted that the coup against the masses adding that since Nigeria runs motorized economy, Nigerians cannot be forced to carry the problems created by the rich and friends of government.

ASUU president in the letter entitled “Increase in Pump price of Premium Motor Spirit to N145 perlitre: Proposal for Joint Action with NLC stated that ASUU members are called upon to according to our Union’s principles, fully respect Article 2 of the Constitution of ASUU; that our Union and members shall work for the protection and advancement of the socio-economic interests of the nation. Branch Chairpersons are to conduct emergency congress meetings on Tuesday 17 May 2016 to mobilise our members for the action commencing on Wednesday. All branches of ASUU nationwide are to comply”

Ogunyemi anchored the position on “delayed, partially paid and in most cases unpaid salaries for a number of months by state, federal and local governments, disguised retrenchment of workers, especially by State Governments, in the name of verification exercise and endless hunt for ghost workers and heavy taxation”.

Source:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/17/fuel-hike-ASUU-declares-nationwide-strike/

So why wld student now suffer for this. All private uni. Are still running? 9ja.....
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Rallyman: 9:59am On May 18, 2016
if not these, the government will not take us serious. can't we all see, we are suffering these are not what we voted for. local rice is now too expensive for a poor man to buy because of the sudden rise... lets be reasonable and not self centered

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by permanentgrace(m): 10:00am On May 18, 2016
Let's go there guys. Forward ever, backward never!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by AkanniOwolabi(m): 10:03am On May 18, 2016
nnachukz:
Good Good Good. Zombies may lose appetite tonight and develop terrible headache on hearing this news. I just pray they don't mistake otapiapia for a pain reliever. Shabi they were dancing shakiti Bobo for the thread with the Ajiero faction of NLC. They can now dance on as we match to the protest ground later today.
R you matching now and which of the matching field are you?
#JustAsking#
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Damibiz(m): 10:03am On May 18, 2016
;DBaba !!baba ?,how many times i called u ?i beg stop this thing na,why e ba say na this year way me go graduate na e u the Bleep up,settle this ASUU may every thing finish today abeg
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by agbangam: 10:04am On May 18, 2016
Me love PMB but d division in those bodies dat have always fought for d common man is wat I don't like. NLC now divided is not gud @all cos dis might hurt us in future badly. #145 isn't gud, it is serious hardship awaiting us and since diesel had been deregulated, d price has never gone below #100, may God help us wit dis new policy so many of us are supporting cos Petrol price will NEVER go below #100 again.
The rich won't feel d pain but d poor will suffer. And I must condemn d AGF for going to court, he expects NLC to obey court order while d govt. refused to obey court order concerning increase in light tarrif. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:04am On May 18, 2016
How much were they paid??
Instead of them to support the govt in removal of the subsidy and then increment on minimum wage.
Smh patriotism no jus dey dis country
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by rooftop(m): 10:05am On May 18, 2016
fistonati:
Enough of this impunity by the federal government
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by rikamann: 10:05am On May 18, 2016
Ghost01:
CONFUSED ASUU!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Rallyman: 10:09am On May 18, 2016
Ghost01:
baba when? black market or pump price?
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by chikel2000(m): 10:10am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
Jonathan was not transparent?. Keep fooling yourself
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Almonda: 10:10am On May 18, 2016
We need somebody like Omole to be our NLC president. Only the rich will say, well, there is no problem with the increase in the fuel price, it will eventually get better, let us support the government. But the fact is, this increase is suicidal for the masses because it will affect virtually everything in the economy
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Papafriday(m): 10:11am On May 18, 2016
Why now when we students of Kogi State University are hoping that our one month old strike would be called off any moment! Kai! On my way to Ghana....

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by imatrillionaire: 10:11am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
Firstly, ask that man called Buhari if he understands what subsidy is.
Secondly, thank you for mentioning Jonathan, if Nigerians especially this same APC "coconut" heads had assented to Jonathan's policy on deregulation way back 2012, Nigerians would have been smiling by now, this hardship wouldn't have found its way on our notebook.
Thirdly, I want to ask you, is Buhari's government transparent? If yes, I will love to know ur criteria.
Fourthly, I support deregulation, but at 145naira for a litre of pms, it's a nay! nay!! Buhari the herdsman and his good-for-nothing advisers should just try hard to think with their cerebral cells and not with urogenitals, there should have been something like CUSHIONING MEASURES in place before such decisions are made.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Olaolu2005(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2016
GOD HELP NIGERIA. THE GOVERNMENT ARE IN A VERY THIGHT CONER ON HOW TO RUN THE AFFAIR IF THIS NATION SO THEY DON'T HAVE ANY CHOICE THAN TO REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDY. THE QUESTION IS SHOULD THE MASSES SUFFER FOR THIS WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE THAT LOOT NIGERIA MONEY?
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 10:15am On May 18, 2016
Deme98:
God punish ASUU ... they want the 2013 incident to happen again , the students would b at d receiving end .... stop this nonsense protest. !!!!!!!

When Students don't go to school, Bubu will be rebuked more and more..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by folks4luv(f): 10:16am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
I hate it when people compare deregulation in d telephone sector with fuel subsidy. back then, I never saw a landline all through my growing up days cause nitel was not in my area n I grew up well enough, I don't need a phone to eat well or get other essentials, but fuel is so important that it determines even ur movement n lifestyle is affected by fuel price, so please stop comparing.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by fippycbk(m): 10:19am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks

The bolded. This line has always been used. All of a sudden subsidy removal is a good thing because the president is transparent in his dealings. Please you all should accept the fact that the protest then was political just like the one we have now.
If for say we comot this kind subsidy since 2012 we for don know where we de.
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Postboiswag(m): 10:19am On May 18, 2016
Abeg ASUU......I never finish my exam....
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Mufasa1805(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2016
The Buhari's administration and his entourage are nothing but a disgrace to the compus of homo-sapien...
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by psalmistkakah(m): 10:22am On May 18, 2016
Allah kwa....no cooment. God provide my daily bread amin
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Rallyman: 10:22am On May 18, 2016
imatrillionaire:

Firstly, ask that man called Buhari if he understands what subsidy is.
Secondly, thank you for mentioning Jonathan, if Nigerians especially this same APC "coconut" heads had assented to Jonathan's policy on deregulation way back 2012, Nigerians would have been smiling by now, this hardship wouldn't have found its way on our notebook.
Thirdly, I want to ask you, is Buhari's government transparent? If yes, I will love to know ur criteria.
Fourthly, I support deregulation, but at 145naira for a litre of pms, it's a nay! nay!! Buhari the herdsman and his good-for-nothing advisers should just try hard to think with their cerebral cells and not with urogenitals, there should have been something like CUSHIONING MEASURES in place before such decisions are made.
i concour
Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by tete7000(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks

I beg to disagree. Stop lying please. Point one argument to me against Jonathan subsidy removal that borders on trust. All the arguments then was that it would bring hardship to masses. Only when Buhari came into question did you people begin to talk about trust or no trust. And you want me or any rational person to trust Buhari govt? You must be kidding me. Do you trust a man that claimed there was no subsidy and now wants to remove same? Do you trust a man that made plethora of promises and have suddenly almost denied all? Do you trust a government built on lies and propaganda and desire to maintain itself with same? Trust the last time I check is built only on truth and not falsehood. Buhari got no any integrity, stop deluding yourself. Integrity is ability to say something and stick to your words and when you can't you apologetically and remorsefully change your plan; not the arrogant way of Buhari and his apc cohorts.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by Johnsinia(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks
Sir, u wnt to create the notion that u r a lecturer but if u r, I am disappointed at the level of ur reasoning as a lecturer. Pls, tell us d sch u lecture so dat ppl will abstain frm such sch. Say d truth sir, wen u r protesting 2012 do u protest bc Gej was not trusted or u protested bc u felt that d price of fuel rises. How can u be ds bias as an academier?

To the topic jare, the reason NLC n ASUU r protesting now ws bc they did same 2012. They choose to stand on wat they believe in that will be to the interest of the masses. They refuse to change their mind like an illiterrate prostitute just as the APC n many yorubas faithfuls r doing now just bc their nightmare Gej ws no longer there

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide by eodavids(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2016
reyscrub:

My opinion for you.

Thanks

You said your mind. That is okay. I wish all and sundry will come out and say their mind the way you have done.
But, you might be a member of ASUU, who receive some reasonable pay and still agitate for increase.
Please look around: there are more than 150 000000 citizens who needs the subsidy in place because they are not paid any dime at the end of the month.

For such people, who of course are the majority, if subsidy is removed, then there is nothing government is doing in the intrest of the downtrodden.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Yaashwin Sarawanan Malaysian Human Calculator On Asia's Got Talent (Photos) / I'm Officially A Graduate (Pics) / Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.