Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,501 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road (35771 Views)

Work Begins On The Collapsed Portion Of Makurdi-lafia-abuja Road (photos) / Emmanuel Fayose Involved In Motor Accident Along Abuja Road (Photos) / Court Sacks Sam Saba, CCB Chairman, Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by dre11(m): 7:16am On May 18, 2016
…along Kaduna-Abuja expressway

Police: He has been released

The Chairman of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), Mr. Sam Saba, was abducted by unknown gunmen who were dressed in military uniforms along Kaduna- Abuja road on Monday night. A highly placed source told New Telegraph that Saba was flagged down by the kidnapers around 8p.m. and the bureau chairman stopped for them, thinking the abductors were security men.

Although the Police Public Relations Office (PPRO) of Kaduna Command, DSP Zubairu Abubakar, said that he was not aware of the incident, the source said that Saba was whisked away in his own vehicle. However, it was not clear whether the chairman was driving alone or he was with a driver when the ab- duction took place.

The source said that the kidnappers are yet to demand any ransom from the family as at press time yesterday. When New Telegraph contacted the spokesperson of the Bureau, Muhammed Idris, he confirmed that the Chairman travelled out of Abuja on an official assignment. He, however, denied that the CBB chairman was kidnapped.

According to him, “Please it is a rumour as the chairman was on official assignment outside Abuja.”

When asked whether he has been able to speak to the chairman since he left Abuja, Idris said his (chairman’s) phone has been switched off. He, however, asked New Telegraph to call him back by 10a.m. today to ascertain the position of things.

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command denied knowledge of the Saba’s abduction. Speaking with New Telegraph on the telephone last night, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the command, Anjuguri Manzah, said: “I have not got any information to that effect.”

The Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), Mrs. Olabisi Kolawole, an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), however, confirmed the abduction. “Good evening information was received about his abduction yesterday (Monday), upon presure mounted by police, he was released at about 1700hrs today (yesterday),” Kolawole told New Telegraph. It will be recalled that Kaduna has experienced a spate of kidnappings in recent times. In April, the State Police Command had nabbed 15 suspects, including those terrorising Kaduna- Abuja Expressway where three pastors were recently kidnapped and Colonel Samaila Inusa killed.

The then Police Commissioner, Umar Shehu, said the gang included those who kidnapped Engr. Mansur Ahmed, a senior official of Dangote Group along Abuja/ Kaduna expressway.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/gunmen-abduct-code-conduct-bureau-chairman/

1 Like

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by zeal22(m): 7:24am On May 18, 2016
I smell FP
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Tolexander: 7:28am On May 18, 2016
Jeffboi:
Why not. Danladi umar
you and Bukola Saraki's wish shall never be granted,

Lagbara Eleedua!
In Jesus name!
Ish Allahu!

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Nobody: 7:32am On May 18, 2016
Tolexander:
you and Bukola Saraki's wish shall never be granted,

Lagbara Eleedua!
In Jesus name!
Ish Allahu!

Don't worry. By the time we are done with. Danladi umar. He will regret being a lawyer grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Tolexander: 7:37am On May 18, 2016
Jeffboi:

Don't worry. By the time we are done with. Danladi umar. He will regret being a lawyer grin
Don't let me curse you o gringrin

10 Likes

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Nobody: 7:41am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=Tolexander post=45726141]Don't let me curse you o gringrin[/quote

cheesy grin. Don't curse me please.

But you know for sure. We gonna deal with that albino man

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by omenka(m): 7:44am On May 18, 2016
Saraki, this is only gonna compound your woes.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Samdee12: 7:45am On May 18, 2016
i will kidnap you. yes i mean you grin
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by YoursGEJ(m): 7:50am On May 18, 2016
This is not a good way to commit suicide. Kidnap a big man from Abuja and you will know say police get helicopter wey dey work

Maybe the kidnappers no even know who dem kidnap sef

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Nobody: 7:53am On May 18, 2016
"Symptoms" of imminent ANARCHY in a State.

undecided undecided

Government and Citizens taking laws into their own hands.

undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by ijustdey: 7:57am On May 18, 2016
why is this happening when Saraki case is on course

I guess this people could be sponsored by one of those who supported him
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Burger01(m): 8:05am On May 18, 2016
^^^
A witch cried yesterday, man pikin died today.. Na who kill man pikinangry

11 Likes

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by kbams241: 8:08am On May 18, 2016
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by 989900B: 8:09am On May 18, 2016
This story get 'K leg'.

Is it staged?

Is it a warning/threat from those being tried or have pending cases with the bureau/tribunal?
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by tomakint: 8:13am On May 18, 2016
Clear case of set up.......no doubt.
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by tempest01(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2016
Hmm....
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Ebubeslym(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2016
Under the dullard, a lot of kidnapping with political undertone are being carried out daily.

1 Like

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Bobandgreat: 8:17am On May 18, 2016
Samdee12:
i will kidnap you. yes i mean you grin

Who? Omenka?
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Ebubeslym(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2016
omenka:
Saraki, this is only gonna compound your woes.

keep pointing accusing fingers at an innocent man.
Don't forget that
your I.P can easily be traced.

7 Likes

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Nobody: 8:38am On May 18, 2016
Saraki comes to mind
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by afroniger: 8:39am On May 18, 2016
Corruption relentlessly fighting back.
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Nogodye(m): 8:44am On May 18, 2016
I can jump over Ogun(God of iron) Saraki did this...Ask him
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Stalwert: 8:57am On May 18, 2016
The criminals trying to intimidate the state will only strengthen our resolve to deal decisively with corruption

2 Likes

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Nbote(m): 9:10am On May 18, 2016
ijustdey:

why is this happening when Saraki case is on course

I guess this people could be sponsored by one of those who supported him

Some of U are jus quick to point fingers and make silly claims. Wetin concern d chairman concern Saraki's case or d war on corruption? It's jus anoda case of random kidnap jare and I can bet dey had no idea he was a top govt official wit a sensitive portfolio.

1 Like

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Kessyy2k4(m): 9:14am On May 18, 2016
sombody is trying to hold ccb to Ransom![url]sombody is trying to hold ccb to Ransom![/url]sombody is trying to hold ccb to Ransom!
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Fmartin(m): 9:22am On May 18, 2016
Jeffboi:

lawyer grin CHAI!
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23am On May 18, 2016
Saraki?
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by RuggedArab: 9:24am On May 18, 2016
Ok na!

Waiting for the family to come out with a press statement.
Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by Fmartin(m): 9:24am On May 18, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Under the dullard, a lot of kidnapping with political undertone is being carried out daily.
wailer noted.. Hw is d strike going? grin

2 Likes

Re: Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road by incomintop: 9:26am On May 18, 2016
How I wish it was the useless cct chairman they kidnapped

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shi’ites Set US Flag On Fire In Abuja (Photo) / Senator Mohammed Sani Musa Celebrates Supreme Court Victory With Lawan Omo-Agege / Bandits: We’ll Kill Train Passengers If FG Fails To Meet Our Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.