Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted (1943 Views)

10 Things Your Mother Never Told You… Warning! This Will Leave You In Tears! / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by chelsea4su(f): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2006
tell me at your age ,your parent just tell you that ,you are not their biological child,what will you do?
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by feelgood(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2006
Nothing! Just be grateful to God for giving me such wonderful people as parents who did not leave me to the mercies
of this world but offered me a family life and opportunity to live like other kids on the block.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Eastcoast(f): 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2006
the person willl appreciate them even more.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Oracle(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2006
That wouldn't sound funny,
i would first ask them if itz a joke
if itz reality then i'd never know any mum and dad as loving as them

Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Akinagirl(f): 6:51am On May 02, 2007
I would run up to them hug them and kiss them for putting up with me throughout my years, when im not even biologically theirs.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by McDoe(m): 8:37am On May 02, 2007
Nothing spoil na, provided I am comfortable and protected by them. What if my parents were dead, and it happened that I now live with persons that are not related to me? Will I kill myself, the answer is No.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by MP007(m): 6:27am On Aug 31, 2007
at my age? lord Jesus, thats why its good to tell when the person is stil little,
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 31, 2007
It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by benit(f): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2007
Just go on with life. I will try to keep my morale high and appreciate them more
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by osereka(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2007
for them to have put up with me for so long,
I will forever love them
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by ssRhino: 11:52am On Aug 31, 2007
I will ask them the following questions:
1, wld u guys mind if i have my real parents in my life
2, Y have u waited so long to tell me, although, i already know the answer, cos no parents wanna lose what they chrish so much, however, if they have treated me so bad, like making me be the slave for their own biological kids, then, i surely wanna vent some anger
3, Tell me the story surrounding the adoptions
4, Could you help me with some of my identity, so that i could know who i am and where i came from.

After all these, i would love them still, cos they gave me hope and help me to be who i am today.

If i ever found my real mother and father, na different story, cos they better have a good story to have given up a virgin broda like me, else, yawa go gas oh.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by CrazyMan(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2007
Well there's nothing I can do. Except to be grateful to them for taking me as their own child even though I wasn't their child.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by jintujinta(m): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
It may be painful at first that one has all along been a butterfly calling himself bird. But on the other hand, one should be grateful for having people to call parents. Go to Oshodi or Mushin to see those guys under the bridge: no home, no parents, ( if there are they are not responsible).

I will just ask for the facts about my parents, and if it is confirmed that i wasnt kidnapped, my parents were not deceived into giving me off and there was no shady deal about the adoption, i will love them still.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by ifyalways(f): 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2008
I wud love and appreciate them more,for accepting me,loving me and treating me like their own.back to my shell,i wud start wondering,what my biological parents looked like. . . undecided
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Ndipe(m): 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2008
Very interesting question.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by TOYOSI20(f): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2008
Ndipe:

Very interesting question.

Yes it is, . .  ,  . . . ,   . . . ,  . .  cool

There really isn't much to do,  lipsrsealed

especially if u all grown up, I guess essentially depends on the individual to possibly go in search for

his/her biological parents,  undecided

On the other hand, I would be grateful to them, as they are the only parents I've come to know, and grown to love. smiley
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by bigfather(m): 11:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
Nothing,i will still remain grateful to them for being there all these while !
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Radiant(f): 1:52am On Mar 15, 2008
Tough one I must say. Better not tell the child if he/she doesn't hear any rumour from the walls and comes to ask you.

I won't tell the child, anyway. But if I was told such a thing, umm. . .*having mixed feelings*
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by almondjoy(f): 10:11am On Mar 15, 2008
I don't think it would make a difference now.  We are still family and I would still be glad to have come from this particular home/family.  As far as being curious about where the biological parents are. . . .will not even bother.  Life goes on. kiss

If it is ma destiny. . . I am happy about it and can't complain at all. It could be much worse.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by lucabrasi(m): 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2008
ill ask if either atiku,babangida or dangote are my real dad will even manage mike adenuga seeing as he s onli got 1 son wink
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by iice(f): 3:23am On Mar 17, 2008
I'd like to meet them just to see what they are like. . .
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Ndipe(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2008
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by almondjoy(f): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2008
Ndipe:

Read this story
http://www.cnn.com/US/9809/01/switched.babies/index.html

No big deal. Life goes on! kiss Shit happens!
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Gamine(f): 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2008
i'd be like,

Ehen, Adopted?

Arent we all?

Whats for dinner? Mummy! cheesy
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by bluehorizo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2008
I will forever be grateful to them for giving me a life. I will move on with life like nothing happened. They are the only parent i have known all my life and life goes on. Lo ba tan.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by ndchucks: 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2008
Better don't tell me, because i will start thinking about it, and also wondering if its true or not,I will start looking at my siblings some how, as in wondering and there by letting in self pity. Though i will appreciate them pending on what led to the adoption.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by Scopium: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2008
[size=13pt]Yeah so? What's the really biggy deally? That's me though. A lot of people said it's ok but it won't really be cuz some will try to find their biological parents.[/size]
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by touchmeder: 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2008
i will so cry. cry
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by MadMax1(f): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2008
Would make no difference to me. Your parents are the ones who raise and love you. If they happen to be biological, fine. If not, that's fine too.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by rubi(f): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2008
I will accept it in good fate. Crying or no crying will not change the hand writing on he wall.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by babyluv06(f): 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2008
what will i do?nothin.bet i'l b grateful to God for givin dem to me n no need to know who my biological parents are.i'l love them the more.
Re: What Will You Do ,if Your Parent Told You That You Were Adopted by t4tgirl(f): 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2008
Nothing, with the way they treated me I'm already assuming that I'm adopted, they just haven't told me grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Win Your Husband's Heart / My Wife Yeye No Be Small And I Want Divorce / Living On My Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.