Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University (65783 Views)

Mohammed Indimi's Daughters Are Beautiful! / Mohammed Indimi Didn't Donate $14Million To Lynn University / Amouna And Hauwa Indimi Graduate From Lynn University, Florida, USA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by magicalx(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2016
A Nigerian donating that amount to a Foreign university that is ridiculous!

6 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by rusher14: 3:11pm On May 21, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Hey smarty pants. Seem like you're in cloud 9, just spitting knowledge to us minions from the SS with zero intellectual capacity and business acumen. What was the business acumen criteria for allocation of oil wells? Tell me what Danjuma and the likes of this asshole achieved with their so called business acumen before the allocation of oil wells. How many businesses did they run before venturing into the oil industry...
Please super smart pants, educate me for i am an intellectually deficient Niger Deltan with zero business acumen..

P.S Screw you and the 50km offshore, Chevron Tank Farm is 50km offshore right? Come to Ugborodo and tell me oil installation is 50km offshore, Ignorant smarty pants. Going to other islands in the Niger Delta wont take you 50km offshore, no you guys dont own the land in between Ore and Akure, since no one ever lived there. Mister smarty pants

Gerrarrahia!

The likes of Ibori, Ibrus, Pepples, Briggs know that oil exploration is no small venture.

Many have lost funds and dynasties from the attempt.

It only seems easy when successful.

50 km is not something you can swim or easily approach.

I know the truth is bitter but must be said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by prelinctus: 3:34pm On May 21, 2016
rusher14:

Gerrarrahia!

The likes of Ibori, Ibrus, Pepples, Briggs know that oil exploration is no small venture.

It's not about the exploration, it's actually about how the oil bloc was awarded.

10 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by WeNigerDelta: 3:37pm On May 21, 2016
rusher14:

Gerrarrahia!

In your rant your forgot the like of Jim Ovia, whom i'm sure you've patronized his bank. You ignore Pat Utomi, you Ignore Okonjo Iweala, you forgot about the Rewane's, oh what about the Okotie-ebohs?

Oh no, you can't list those folks or dynasties as it will shred your super smarty pants argument right. Again, you know nothing, Chevron Tank farm in Ugborodo, Escravos is it 50km offshore? Smarty dumb ass, is Abiteye flow station 50km offhsore? The EGTL all over Ugborodo is it 50km offshore as well?
Ignorant ingrates, we are shutting them all down gradually...Come 50km offshore and stop us...

13 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Gayigaskia(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2016
OMG this won't make our zombie lives easy. This man is stewpiid to do this while people in Borno are dying in IDP camps. This is totally wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by rusher14: 3:52pm On May 21, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

In your rant your forgot the like of Jim Ovia, whom i'm sure you've patronized his bank. You ignore Pat Utomi, you Ignore Okonjo Iweala, you forgot about the Rewane's, oh what about the Okotie-ebohs?

Oh know you can list those folks or dynasties as they will shred you super smart pants argument right. Again, you know nothing, Chevron Tank farm in Ugborodo, Escravos is it 50km offshore? Smarty dumb ass, is Abiteye flow station 50km offhsore? The EGTL all over Ugborodo is it 50km offshore as well?
Ignorant ingrates, we are shutting them all down gradually...Come 50km offshore and stop us...

In your rants you forget that with the wherewithal they still haven't been able to stake their money in such investments.

When some of them do they get burnt.

The question is why?
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by WeNigerDelta: 3:57pm On May 21, 2016
rusher14:

In your rants you forget that with the wherewithal they still haven't been able to stake their money in such investments.

When some of them do they get burnt.

The question is why?

They have been unable to stake their investments in that industry because it was allocated to someone else... You are suppose to be Mr. Smarty pants here, since we NigerDeltans have zero intellectual capacity now. So please educate me how someone can invest in something that has been allocated to someone else?

So it is no longer we lack business acumen? You should have been smart enough to stick with that argument a little longer.

P.S Let me educate you a little bit, since the oil wells are owned by other people, the best folks from my region can do is lease it with a revenue sharing formula. Whereby they incure all the risk and labor of the drilling and split the profits with the well owners. That is why they get burnt...

18 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by crownprince102: 3:59pm On May 21, 2016
You mean N14 million arbi?

The people who said Abo.oki na ram are on point.

Seriously.,.... Avengers are getting ro look like saint for my face

9 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by rusher14: 4:05pm On May 21, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

They have been unable to stake their investments in that industry because it was allocated to someone else... You are suppose to be Mr. Smarty pants here, since we NigerDeltans have zero intellectual capacity now. So please educate me how someone can invest in something that has been allocated to someone else?

So it is no longer we lack business acumen? You should have been smart enough to stick with that argument a little longer.

P.S Let me educate you a little bit, since the oil well are owned by other people, the best folks from my region can do is lease it with a revenue sharing formula. Whereby the incure all the risk and labor of the drilling and split the profits with the well owners. That is why they get burnt...

Because everywhere in the world oil prospecting is still largely an informed gamble.

All majors have at one time or another been burnt.

When successful it looks easy.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Adminisher: 4:12pm On May 21, 2016
EasternLeopard:

SS people can you guys hear what this YORUBA said.

SE people Lagos is no man's land since SS oil belongs to all cool

YES. Lagos belongs to all. I am Yoruba, two of my landlords have been Ibo. There are mi westerners doing farming in Epe. IBOs have contributed in developing Lagos apart from their activities in buying and selling which is an environmental nightmare.

All minerals belong to the FG . Indimis oil block was given by the corrupt IBB and should be retrieved from him because he is not doing good CSR to host communities and obviously does not know what to do with money. There will be serious legal issues but the block should be retrieved and given to a company owned by Niger Delta states who will do JV with the FG.
However, no state can own mineral resources.
Any attempt to do that will lead to unbelievable destruction and long war.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by WeNigerDelta: 4:16pm On May 21, 2016
rusher14:

Because everywhere in the world oil prospecting is still largely an informed gamble.

All majors have at one time or another been burnt.

When successful it looks easy.

Smdh...Let me spell this in black and white, even during the downturn on oil prices, the oil well owners are still profitable. The same cannot be said for those operating the oil wells. The owner signs a contract with the operator for a given fee or a particular rev share and most times. the sharing formula is based of revenue and not profits. So as long as the wells are operational and they as not incurring any loses from investing in the drilling process they will almost always be profitable. And if no one is willing to lease the wells because of the low oil prices, they simply shut it down and until someone comes around to lease it..

You also talked about prospecting, do know there is a difference between prospecting and leasing out oil wells for exploration...One the research is still on going to know what capacity the well can produce daily and for how long? The other, the prospecting and research has already been done before the allocation of said wells. So anyone leasing it already has an estimated daily production number.

This is some serious schooling from someone, from a region tagged intellectually deficient by your humble dumb ass...

24 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by knightsTempler: 4:21pm On May 21, 2016
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY:

Amouna and Hauwa, two daughters of
Borno-born billionaire, Alhaji Mohammed Indimi graduated from the University of Lynn, in Florida.

Their joyous billionaire father donated a $14 million (N4.2 billion) complex named after him as "Mohammed Indimi International Business Center" to Lynn University as part of the activities of the University Commencement Day.

This demagogue made his billions in Nigeria from oil wells his military dictator friend dashed him. He is the Chairman, CEO of Oriental Oil and Gas and he is reported as the tenth richest billionaire in Nigeria.

The Borno-born billionaire, Mohammed Indimi has never ever donated a plastic chair to the University of Maiduguri or any university in the Niger Delta talk more of endowing a chair in any Nigerian university. But the irony is that he can afford to endow a chair and donate a $14 million complex to a US University, which by the way does not even need such gesture from him.

Hundreds of internally displaced people in Borno state needs his Robinhood-like assistance from what he has stolen from the people. But whosai!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how Nigerian elite underdeveloped Nigeria, with due apologies to Walter Rodney, the author of the book, "How Europe underdeveloped Africa."

Yeye no dey smell again?

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by cococandy(f): 5:35pm On May 21, 2016
Smh
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by obailala(m): 10:19pm On May 21, 2016
TheHerald:
Borno-born billionaire, Mohammed Indinmi, is the lead donor of Lynn’s newest faculty, the $14m Mohammed Indimi International Business Center.

The university is a private, coeducational institution located in Boca Raton, Florida. Founded in 1962.

The centre was dedicated in 2014 and is a state of the art facility, outfitted with technology systems to enhance the students’ educational environment , with 11 classrooms and a wealth of other areas such as a Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), a Venture Lab, an Investment and Trading room and a new Career Preparation and Internship Centre.

15 other new spaces also provide conference and meeting areas for collaborations between students, faculties and corporations.

He also received an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters from the university on May 12, 2012 and a gala was held to recognise Indimi’s business and philanthropic achievements

Mohammed Indimi was born in August 1947 and founded Oriental Energy in 1990, of which he is still chairman. He is an in-law of former Nigerian president and retired Nigerian Army general Ibrahim Babangida.

Oriental currently has three projects offshore of Nigeria’s Niger Delta region. Six of his children serve on the company’s board. His net worth dropped from an estimated $670 million a year ago due to ongoing low oil prices.

His children are known to be fabulously weallthy and flamboyant, the topic of many blog posts on several top blogs including Linda Ikeji. One of his daughters once dated popular crooner Dbanj.

Ahmed, a son of his gained respect and notoriety after he posted his ATM balance of $100 million on social media.

http://www.theheraldng.com/meet-borno-born-oil-billionaire-donated-n4-2-billion-american-university/
What sort of fuckery is this?... na dis kain tin dey make avengers dey blow pipeline throwing the entire nation into darkness. undecided

But seriously, during the next bidding exercise, why can't state governments set up state owned oil companies and bid for oil blocks?.. Why does it have to be individuals and mushroom companies?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by titiakins: 10:19pm On May 21, 2016
If he decides to use the money he donated to build schools for the almanjiris in his state and feed them so they don't have to roam the street constituting nuisance to the society

Won't it be better?

Or even build a well equipped hospital for his community so pregnant women and the sick won't have to suffer before they get treated of their illnesses

There are so many things he could do for his people

He's taking the money overseas

To the US fa!

Hausa people no get sense walahi!

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by baby124: 10:21pm On May 21, 2016
When northerners are looking for money to eat. This one is donating money to school abroad for passing his dull children. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by logicalhumour: 10:21pm On May 21, 2016

That would have helped the 'Bush University' at my house

undecided
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by ovieigho(m): 10:23pm On May 21, 2016
he has an oil block in my region..... avengers blow them all.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Gaskia: 10:26pm On May 21, 2016
WeNigerDelta:
The time for talking is long over. We are glad that because of social media, the world can see the injustice meted to my people. To those of you saying the oil is Nigeria's oil and not SS, kindly do your patriotic duty, enlist in the Navy and come meet us in the creeks. The pipelines are not on NL, be bold enough and come defend your country....

Oriental oil assets are in Akwa Ibom State, while the companies head quarters is in Abuja with a smaller one in Lagos. They are also taking over the assets of Afren petroleum in the Niger Delta following the liquidation of Afren. From the companies website, almost all the directors and key management staff are Indimi's children or children INLAW.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by drrid(m): 10:27pm On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:
Na dis kind thing dey make me talk say ab.oki na ram.
Our Universities for Naija dey here lacking in laboratory equipments and research grants.
Ab.oki leave am go donate to American University.

They are not ram but they are musu (cat)
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Etfash(m): 10:28pm On May 21, 2016
tuzeriouz:
Imagine what 4.2B could have impacted in UniMaid. What a waste of resources in oversea.

Everything does not have to revolve around us here bro. What he's done is okay.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by masqot(m): 10:29pm On May 21, 2016
It's good to be rich
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:
Our Universities for Naija dey here lacking in laboratory equipments and research grants.
Aboki na na Aboki abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by babadee1(m): 10:30pm On May 21, 2016
IBB gave this fellow his oil blocs, and he is the founding father and one of the lifetime grand patrons of PDP which most wailers have tied their political destiny to. IBB also enriched several Nigerians from various ethnicities with oil blocs including Easterners and Niger Deltans who have never for one day given anything back to their communities.

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by shumuel(m): 10:32pm On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:

God bless you, my thought exactly, except the ram part grin ,, i just don't know why Nigerians are the emeny of their own Country.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by babadee1(m): 10:34pm On May 21, 2016
Gayigaskia:
OMG this won't make our zombie lives easy. This man is stewpiid to do this while people in Borno are dying in IDP camps. This is totally wrong.

But he donated #100 million to Borno IDPs in camps just last week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Trulie(m): 10:34pm On May 21, 2016
why invest that amt in a school that probably have easy access to a donor when that amt could av have had a huge impact here.

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Psyrus(m): 10:34pm On May 21, 2016
How that wan EPP Nigerian student's? Lubbish

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 21, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 21, 2016
Ahmed, a son of his gained RESPECT and notoriety
after he posted his ATM balance of $100 million
on social media.

@bolded...really

Till we stop celebrating mediocrity growth would be slow...#nothating #fact

I would be richer than indinmi...#belief

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by mailmitch(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2016
plaetton:
You would be shocked that this guy probably has None or very dilapidated primary school in his community in Nigeria.

Oyinbo people must really be laughing at us.

No b small laff them go dey laff us I tell u

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2016
This is some serious information and news, so much i wrong with Nigeria and it's elite, government but we the people suffer while those who fight on our behalf, we join to criticize and castigate, donating such amounts isn't a bad idea but not at a time when your country, states, univerwsities, youths need it more, WHAT A WASTE, WHAT A SHAME, WHAT A COUNTRY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Betonmarket Alerts: Season 4 / Njideka Offor And Ugo Udu Wedding Pictures / 5 Banks In Nigeria With High Savings Interest Rates Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.