Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,368 members, 7,957,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University (66519 Views)

Mohammed Indimi's Daughters Are Beautiful! / Mohammed Indimi Didn't Donate $14Million To Lynn University / Amouna And Hauwa Indimi Graduate From Lynn University, Florida, USA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 21, 2016
But when the Niger delta militants blow up the pipelines, who does the resultant oil spillage affect? Is it not them and their community? undecided

Abi is it me who is somewhere in Lagos?At the very worst the blown pipelines will result in fuel shortage and I will buy black market or take public transport at increased price....but the communities with devastated farmlands what alternative do they have?

These guys are very foolish

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by goingape: 10:45pm On May 21, 2016
TheHerald:
Borno-born billionaire, Mohammed Indinmi, is the lead donor of Lynn’s newest faculty, the $14m Mohammed Indimi International Business Center.

The university is a private, coeducational institution located in Boca Raton, Florida. Founded in 1962.

The centre was dedicated in 2014 and is a state of the art facility, outfitted with technology systems to enhance the students’ educational environment , with 11 classrooms and a wealth of other areas such as a Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), a Venture Lab, an Investment and Trading room and a new Career Preparation and Internship Centre.

15 other new spaces also provide conference and meeting areas for collaborations between students, faculties and corporations.

He also received an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters from the university on May 12, 2012 and a gala was held to recognise Indimi’s business and philanthropic achievements

Mohammed Indimi was born in August 1947 and founded Oriental Energy in 1990, of which he is still chairman. He is an in-law of former Nigerian president and retired Nigerian Army general Ibrahim Babangida.

Oriental currently has three projects offshore of Nigeria’s Niger Delta region. Six of his children serve on the company’s board. His net worth dropped from an estimated $670 million a year ago due to ongoing low oil prices.

His children are known to be fabulously weallthy and flamboyant, the topic of many blog posts on several top blogs including Linda Ikeji. One of his daughters once dated popular crooner Dbanj.

Ahmed, a son of his gained respect and notoriety after he posted his ATM balance of $100 million on social media.

http://www.theheraldng.com/meet-borno-born-oil-billionaire-donated-n4-2-billion-american-university/
some people mumu tho!!

donates that money to eradicate poverty

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by OBTMOS(m): 10:45pm On May 21, 2016
He has done notin wrong, even d Americans do donate to us

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by engrchykae(m): 10:48pm On May 21, 2016
malton:

You can only live in a fool's paradise for so long. When shiiit hits the fan, I'll be here to remind you just how dumb you have been.

I thought IPOB have their hands full with struggles of their own? What stops them from demolishing the CBN, Unizik, UNN, FUTO etc, in order to make a statement? Why haven't you cheered them on on the path to destruction?

The militants for instance, claim to be agitating for resource control. Assuming that they have their wishes granted, how is it wrong that they fend for themselves begining with all facilities intact? Why must they embark on rebuilding, rather than chanel scarce funds into constructing other non existing facilities altogether? What becomes of the average Niger Deltan who may have died from the resultant hunger that will arise owing to their actions?

You, Mr (I am struggling with myself to address you as that), are worse than a trojan horse!
due to the complicated nature of multi lingual nature of Nigeria,the official and most respected language in the zoo is violence and bomb blast.
Am surprised that u care about the average nigerdeltan.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Kbworld: 10:49pm On May 21, 2016
dis is y I like Tinubu, he spent his money in Nigeria. idimi pls receive sense

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by goingape: 10:51pm On May 21, 2016
OBTMOS:
He has done notin wrong, even d Americans do donate to us

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by iswallker(m): 10:51pm On May 21, 2016
Indimi go Florida go invest leaving Nigerian universities in a state of disrepair....smh...

Just took delivery of Longrich international body care products...looking for supermarkets and outlets who are interested in selling....products include...body wash, bamboo charcoal whitening soap, superbklean sanitary towels and panty liners....cordyceps coffee, toothpaste etc..all products at wholesale price...

Be your own CEO..i want to teach you how...contact me...

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by mmsen: 10:54pm On May 21, 2016
ihitenansa:
Hmmm! And universities all overthe northeast are alittle morethan glorified secondary schools.

Not just universities but the schools that feed the universities are staffed by semi-literates who go on to train more semi-literates.

But of course, these guys are too busy looking for Niger Delta oil to drink than see what is happening beneath their feet.
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 21, 2016
MUMU angry

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by tuzeriouz(m): 10:55pm On May 21, 2016
Etfash:

Everything does not have to revolve around us here bro. What he's done is okay.

Are you from the state of Florida?

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Tonyreal49(m): 10:58pm On May 21, 2016
shame on you
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by mmsen: 10:59pm On May 21, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
This is some serious information and news, so much i wrong with Nigeria and it's elite, government but we the people suffer while those who fight on our behalf, we join to criticize and castigate, donating such amounts isn't a bad idea but not at a time when your country, states, univerwsities, youths need it more, WHAT A WASTE, WHAT A SHAME, WHAT A COUNTRY.

At least the other thieves like Atiku, OBJ and Tinubu invest their money in Nigeria.

This fool thinks that he's smart taking money out of Nigeria to give to people in Florida.
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by babestella: 11:03pm On May 21, 2016
I could imagine what would had been the reaction of PMB if that money had been donated by someone from SE or SS, bubu would have ordered efcc to follow up, arrest and detain such donor, then he will come to the media and gloat and sing anti kwaruption. Rubbish.

I'd like to see the list of Nigerians holding mining licenses for mining of precious metals and stone in Nigeria, please anyone with the info, kindly share. We are talking about oil, same is going on in mining industry.

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Gloria3389(f): 11:05pm On May 21, 2016
wow that's nice of him but would have been better it he had done that for any nigerian university....
he's building another country while his country (even his state) is in the state of....(I don't even know the best word to describe the state of this country)

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Horlertoungy(m): 11:05pm On May 21, 2016
Stupidity of the highest order
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Charles4075(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2016
I'm speechless. Don't even know what to say.
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by ediko5(m): 11:08pm On May 21, 2016
Instead of.bringing the mo ey to.invest in his counrry he's taking it to already developed America

Na wa for Nigerians o

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 21, 2016
One day the oil will return to its owners. To the NDeltans....one blessed day. It won't be by struggle and violence.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by cycluse: 11:11pm On May 21, 2016
This is what fuel subsidy as turn oil maker too,instead of this man to build his country nigeria is taken what he got from subsidy to another country, what a shame and yet some people are still asking for oil subsidy
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:11pm On May 21, 2016
megaik:
Tell me the Oil Money is not from Niger Delta!!! Tell Me how this kinda new shouldnt create agitations ...Its very painful
are they not getting their allocation. He is a private investor. Why didn't Jonathan give his ppl oil block. Is ayiri from the north. Who Tompolo asari Tom or boyloaf epp? Abeg mowu hia word
.Niger delta like Mugabe. If them give una the oyel nothing wen una go take am do. You will still be making excuse for underdevelopment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:12pm On May 21, 2016
gidgiddy:

Now how many people from the Niger Delta from who's lands and waters the Oil is drilled is as rich as him? A northerner will come to the south, take their Oil, become very rich and expect the southerners to clapping their hands and singing "one Nigeria". I laugh in Chinese
how many of them asked Jonathan for oil block

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by KingRex1(m): 11:16pm On May 21, 2016
Now this doesn't make sense.. Giving the far rich nd leaving the near poor. We have ASUU here going on strike, lecturers not been paid, dilapidated facilities, half cooked graduates.. nd yet you pump 4billion outta the economy for an unjust cause. smh

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 21, 2016
WeNigerDelta:
The time for talking is long over. We are glad that because of social media, the world can see the injustice meted to my people. To those of you saying the oil is Nigeria's oil and not SS, kindly do your patriotic duty, enlist in the Navy and come meet us in the creeks. The pipelines are not on NL, be bold enough and come defend your country....
like say u go dey bold enough to enter jungle go fight. Keep fone and enter creek.

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 21, 2016
Useless thing...

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Nasiruddeen(m): 11:28pm On May 21, 2016
10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media.

As we all know, we're in the 21st century, and technology has really made life easy and sweet and it has also connected the world together irrespective of distance or language barrier.
Social Media has really played a vital role in Communication and making the world a "Global Village".
But despite being so useful and enjoyable, there is a need we apply restraints when using Social Media .. at least for our own good. There are certain things we mustn't do on Social Media. Excerpts below :
1.Thanking A girl/boy for accepting your friend request : This is peculiar to Facebook, like seriously? do you really have to thank him/her for accepting your request? That only makes you look childish and desperate as if you were begging him/her before. Its definitely not smart!
2.Overusing hashtags : You see someone who posted a comment on Facebook or twitter and at the end of the comment you see stuffs like #21May #WeLoveU #LetsKeepitrolling .. come-on bro! do you really need to write that many hashtags? That will only look childish and make the post look so annoying to read. #Fact (I just used one )
3.Asking people to follow you back : Why must you make yourself look so desperate? Why not create a little self pride at least! Asking people to follow you back will just make you look more or less like a roadside beggar begging for some little change!
4. Asking for a lady's Unclad pictures :Most guys are guilty of this, you strike up a conversation with a girl on Facebook, and after chitchatting and getting on well with her,then you suddenly demand for her Unclad.s, come-on bros! You are only showing her that you're pervert who is only after sex, Be a gentleman!
5. Plagiarism :When you see an inspirational post or a funny tweet or a unique photo,and you feel the need to show your friends and followers,then you must at least give credit to the owner or original writer of the content.. but reverse seems to be the case,people on social media copy and paste contents and parade it as though they were the original writer.. and that is not good! Plagiarism is a serious offence in most countries, I dunno about Nigeria
6. Posting the same content over and over again : There's this annoying guy that I have in my Facebook, he keeps posting one particular picture over and over again, I dunno really know why he does that ,perhaps because he wore a nice suit in the photo.. I got so tired of seeing the photo.. and the funny thing is that he hardly even get one 'like' .. lol.. why post the same old thing over again, it ain't cool.
7. Posting revealing photos : This goes to mostly the girls,why must you go half-Unclad on social media just because you wanna get likes and comments.. silly comments like "you're hot" "dope bae" "sexy momma" .. not knowing that you're giving the impression that you're an "olosho" .. Real talk!
Decency pays, you know
8. Sharing your home address : Hehehe .. I was going through one of my Guy's. Facebook profile, then I saw "17B Olusanya street,Maryland".. I was like WTF!!! .Who asked you to share such a personal info? Are you running an office in your house? C'mon dude!
9. Constantly bragging about yourself : Some people are so good at show-offs on social media, especially those who are broke-asses in real life.. Must you snap in front of a mirror just to show us your new phone? .. you're definitely not the first to buy such phone sef .. you mustn't show us your new Timberland or your new wristwatches.. niggah keep it to yourself .. no one asked you to show us.. duurrh!
Lets be real!
Getting into arguments : Lol .. I used to be guilty of this before
. but I realised that there's absolutely no point in getting into arguments with anyone on social media.. cuz people aren't always the way you see them on social media, they might be different you know! .. Why not just ignore if someone tries to pick a fight.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by adconline(m): 11:33pm On May 21, 2016
This is an old news...it's on YouTube for so long. Naija is always manufacturing idiocy since 0000BC

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Proffdada: 11:35pm On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:
Na dis kind thing dey make me talk say ab.oki na ram.
Our Universities for Naija dey here lacking in laboratory equipments and research grants.
Ab.oki leave am go donate to American University.
that's a simple way to shake efcc off his tail
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by azimibraun: 11:35pm On May 21, 2016
Invest in a sane and result oriented schools and environment and send our kids out on scholarship to this schools in decent and consistent environment. It is far better than having some thieving VCs pocket the money.
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by davoupam729: 11:36pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=TheHerald post=45826359]Borno-born billionaire, Mohammed Indinmi, is the lead donor of Lynn’s newest faculty, the $14m Mohammed Indimi International Business Center.

The university is a private, coeducational institution located in Boca Raton, Florida. Founded in 1962.

The centre was dedicated in 2014 and is a state of the art facility, outfitted with technology systems to enhance the students’ educational environment , with 11 classrooms and a wealth of other areas such as a Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), a Venture Lab, an Investment and Trading room and a new Career Preparation and Internship Centre.

15 other new spaces also provide conference and meeting areas for collaborations between students, faculties and corporations.

He also received an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters from the university on May 12, 2012 and a gala was held to recognise Indimi’s business and philanthropic achievements

Mohammed Indimi was born in August 1947 and founded Oriental Energy in 1990, of which he is still chairman. He is an in-law of former Nigerian president and retired Nigerian Army general Ibrahim Babangida.

Oriental currently has three projects offshore of Nigeria’s Niger Delta region. Six of his children serve on the company’s board. His net worth dropped from an estimated $670 million a year ago due to ongoing low oil prices.

His children are known to be fabulously weallthy and flamboyant, the topic of many blog posts on several top blogs including Linda Ikeji. One of his daughters once dated popular crooner Dbanj.

Ahmed, a son of his gained respect and notoriety after he posted his ATM balance of $100 million on social media.

http://www.theheraldng.com/meet-borno-born-oil-billionaire-donated-n4-2-billion-american-university/ Lord take the world and give me heaven. When ppl are dying in hunger sombody is donating such amount just to make name. We are in a Country where rich men have lost conciouse may God help us
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by chijike(m): 11:38pm On May 21, 2016
I think this action is morally condemnable if he does not do the same in Nigeria.
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by koolaid87: 11:45pm On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:
Na dis kind thing dey make me talk say ab.oki na ram.
Our Universities for Naija dey here lacking in laboratory equipments and research grants.
Ab.oki leave am go donate to American University.

ab.oki ti ya were
Re: Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University by Jexyme(f): 11:47pm On May 21, 2016
ihitenansa:
Hmmm! And universities all overthe northeast are alittle morethan glorified secondary schools.

?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Flaunts Money She Withdrew From ATM, Says "I'm A Money Spender" (Pics) / Uber Matchmaking Forum For Certified Driver And Partners / 10 Ways To Prove You're A Legitimate Online Based Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.