Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard (37770 Views)

Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) / Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by bigtt76(f): 1:13pm On May 22, 2016
It must have been very bad o! She nor fit even afdo4d typing on computer the sign sef undecided. I learnt she got an internship with a Yaba IT firm so guys stop ranting. Someone don epp her tongue

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Judeoxide(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2016
Ansell:

at the bolded. this is where u got it wrong sir. some people grew up having only one option. others had very few that mostly dont even make sense. not everyone was exposed to the same opportunities, options, orientation and level of education as you. stay humble sir! your situation may have been bad but my Mom said if you think your house is far, someone else's house is behind yours.

my point is: dont judge her using your life as a yardstick but from the options she had to choose from.

and pls, Linda is no role model - at least not to people like myself.

modified
that girl standing in the street corner may be far more ambitious and motivated than yourself, perhaps all she needs is a little push to manifest the magnificent untapped capacities in her.
well said... I just wish her well
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Pamelayoung: 2:32pm On May 22, 2016
May God help us all.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 22, 2016
PaulkillermanAg:
see how foolish she has turned, SMH at the kind of product your school make, what's the name of the school please?

You won't find what you're looking for from me. I know your type.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by samjadinero(m): 3:06pm On May 22, 2016
Anyways her "hustle" don pay has she's been offered to internship position with BudgIT.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by tosinjay(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2016
May God help her, by doing this she's opened herself to reception from all manners of people with differs intentions.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Femeto: 3:16pm On May 22, 2016
Gbam.Besides no be every body 1 programme.
jboycrb:

U write programs with pen on paper? Abi u design web on cardboard? No PC,no Internet and u expect her to write programs?
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by greatdavid100: 4:03pm On May 22, 2016
Well. I'm sorry for the lady. But it's a pity she is looking for job. Many people need to know of fiverr. I'm still thanking God for showing me the way even before I graduated.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by iswallker(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2016
encrypt:
While y'all are arguing back and forth some nigga is copying that chicks phone number to say "Elo bae" angry

My advice is this leave that street corner. There are jobs online for crying out loud. I am amazed when I notice purple who studied Comp. Sci can't find basic solutions to laptop issues, change a phone imei, flash a Rom, etc
I studied accounting but today my earnings are completely online while I do my service...I conveniently earn a 6 figure income monthly. No I didn't have any special advantages, I once thought facebook was a book with people's faces in it (like a yearbook).

If you study something and your heart isn't in it you will struggle with it.
I never gave up my quest for internet success.
I remember buying my first modem before I had a laptop..I always used it with my desktop at home and whenever am in school I ask my friend to allow me use his PC for awhile to check up stuff online.

I can go on and on....you need to wake up!!!! Oppurtunities abound just look around.

If I had the strength I woulda added her up and mentored her but I don't have that strength..

I wish her luck tho

youths of today should get the entrepreneurship spirit....there are no jobs out there and it will continue for a long time...because there's a mismanagement and stealing of our common wealth and also because there's a population explosion...

a lady posted a blog on multi level marketing some days back and was transported to front page with immediate effect...

She wrote that she had a terrible experience with MLM which is an entrepreneurship...and so she would stone anybody that comes near her family house to market a MLM company.... undecided undecided

First of all, she had misconceptions ....she was told she will get rich quick....it doesn't work that way...you have to work...the earnings potential is huge but you get it through drive, passion , persistence and action...

Secondly, there are many people who are cheats out there....consider this 4 factors b4 u join a MLM company....

1. The company...it has to be reputable, not one that will collapse tomorrow 2. The product....it has to be marketable, preferably daily use products and good quality..3. The group support system...MLM is a group effort...your up lines must be responsive and supportive..that's how you can replicate their success..more so, the success of a up line depends on the growth of his down lines...also a up line will train his down lines on how to market... 4. The compensation plan....it has to be generous..in order to guarantee financial freedom, you don't want to enslave yourself...

Let me leave you with this saying....the richest people in the world look for and build networks...other people look for work....

the question is which category do you want to belong to....

Let me help you achieve your dreams in life...contact me...

i know you work but if you can have a second stream of income...better for you..
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by peachtree1: 4:45pm On May 22, 2016
greatdavid100:
Well. I'm sorry for the lady. But it's a pity she is looking for job. Many people need to know of fiverr. I'm still thanking God for showing me the way even before I graduated.
Are you a freelancer on fiverr, upwork or elance? Then this is your opportunity to bring all of your ($$) dollars into the store house of the emperor in exchange for Naira.

Yes we are buying your online earnings through payoneer or paypal, and we pay you at a very good rate rather than using the ATM exchange rate of N185/$.

Hit us up on 08132884087 or Visit our office @No 25 Oladimeji Crescent Igbo-Elerin Okokomaiko Lagos.

We would be happy to do business with you.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by nonjebose(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2016
PaulkillermanAg:
see how foolish she has turned, SMH at the kind of product your school make, what's the name of the school please?
Lwkmd! You sure don't hold prisoners. The 2.1 displayed on the cardboard is an embarrassment. I need not say more
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by adellam16(f): 5:31pm On May 22, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
While I admire her courage, I think she's not smart.. a computer science student with brains doesn't need to look for Jobs because that field is one field where there are so many opportunities for self employment.
Self employment?my dear capital is used to start a business!
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Phranex(m): 5:41pm On May 22, 2016
Judeoxide:
At a point in life, your brain will fail you...
A computer studient looking for work.. Thats cool.
A lesson to all those killing there self on jamb and those in school waiting to be lashed on NYSC orientation camp..
This is almost the result...
Be creative, the government dont give a shiit about us...
Dont work hard.... Just work and think smart...

look, that girl can't code shiit. coders don't look for jobs. I didn't read computer science in school but am a coder. now ask me if I need a job.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 22, 2016
Now not many people discuss why so many talented
young Nigerians like this lady ignore the option
of working for themselves.

I see 3 main reasons:

1. The formal education sector brainwashes you
into thinking that somehow good grades assure you
of an income.(Alas this is so UNTRUE)

2. Also the traditional education we receive from
schools basically trains us to work for someone
else.

However I see more Nigerians refusing to think for
themselves for the third reason:

3. Most people would rather do what everyone expects
from them than do what is actually right for
them.

Let's face it: it takes a different mindset to
work for yourself.

You have to be brave enough to answer when friends
ask "So where are you now?" or "What are you doing
now?"

Most people would rather submit 250 resumes to
MegaCompany. (At least it sounds more serious to
say "I've submitted to my CV to MegaCompany" than
to sound "awkward" by saying they work for
themselves.)

Most people find it easier to say "I'm believing
the Lord for a job" than to start explaining why
they are charting their own path.

Society EXPECTS you to have a job. It takes a
brave soul to defy society's norms.

Seriously, how many of us are that brave?
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by ericeben: 7:11pm On May 22, 2016
Don't mind that oversabi dude... Bro even the best programmer and software developer will bit an eyelid once u call OS an OPS. This should just serve as a guide to you that you don't know what you claim to know, because u know how to browse doesn't mean you're a guru in computer mechanism and framework.

Most people saying she should have started programming just because she's a graduate of Comp Sc., if I may ask u, how many lecturers do u think in the Faculty/dept of Comp Sc and ICT knows how to write codes? If all graduates of Comp Sc is supposed to be a guru in programming and web design do you think we will be having teething issues in Nigeria?

Do you think Standing with a placard indicating she's jobless is an everyday thing? Do you know how much this will affect her self-esteem?

tojahh:

Anyway... I wish she's in PH

Hello Tojahh, can u pls transfer ur kind gesture 2 a brother in PH. I can design website, windows apps, animations.

At least I hv done this nd will upload my Windows app functionality on youtube this week. Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfq2V-D0pzo
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by CioAngels(f): 10:51pm On May 22, 2016
For the young ones to come out boldly in public for job seeking. I plead with corperate companies to come to their aid as our government managers are only out to steal. Atlest fashola once said they should not look for white colar jobs, they should be self employed without light. Was he ever self employed? He is power minister now, no meter, no light, increased tariff people are suffering to pay by duress.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by zibrgt: 11:41am On May 23, 2016
idensko:
This change dey reset pple brain 2 default setting.

That's a first sign of recession,

Unemployment, high cost of living which leads 2 desperation.

Don't blame d little angel.

If she was in Abuja I did offer her a secretary job, at least she will manage till she gets a better job.

Hi! I'm in Abuja and in need of the job. I just PM you.
Thanks!
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by zealed64: 11:18pm On May 23, 2016
IM QUITE DISAPPOINTED BY SOME COMMENTS HERE.

IF YOU ARE VERY ENDOWED WITH SO MUCH INFO ON HOW SHE CAN BETTER HER SELF...WHY DONT YOU COPY HER NUMBER CALL HER AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE LADY. TEACH HER THE STEPS TO TAKE TO BETTER HER LIFE, SINCE YOU KNOW SO MUCH.

YOU LAST SENTENCE WAS VERY VERY CARELESS AND UNCALLED FOR.... IT TAKES SOME VERY SERIOUS GUT FOR A NIGERIAN LADY WHO'S A GRADUATE TO COME OUT THIS OPEN!.

YOU AND I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT SHE HAS TRIED TO BETTER HER LIFE, PERHAPS IT DIDNT WORK OUT, SHE RESORTED TO THIS.

Donpuzo:
How can someone who claim to have graduated from Computer Science with a Second Class Upper be looking for Job...What happened to starting a Website Design and development company, Developing solutions to problems in a world and country where IT is booming, growing and lucrative.

Lots of people that didn't even study Computer Science are making it from the technology growth then someone with all the knowledge is looking to get employed as a typist.

It just points to how defective and non functional our education In in Nigeria. But even at that she can help herself by acquiring practical knowledge of this things by reading ebooks and tutorials via YouTube videos related to her fields. This things are even free.

People like us that didn't even study anything close to sciences started building computer softwares and websites as teenagers and we are cracking our head on migrating to Embedded Systems, someone with Second Class Upper in computer science is looking for help.

It's even more easier to get job in IT firms and IT related jobs than any other field. I can swear she doesn't know anything related to her field.

She should just settle for prostitution undecided
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 23, 2016
zealed64:

IM QUITE DISAPPOINTED BY SOME COMMENTS HERE.

IF YOU ARE VERY ENDOWED WITH SO MUCH INFO ON HOW SHE CAN BETTER HER SELF...WHY DONT YOU COPY HER NUMBER CALL HER AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE LADY. TEACH HER THE STEPS TO TAKE TO BETTER HER LIFE, SINCE YOU KNOW SO MUCH.

YOU LAST SENTENCE WAS VERY VERY CARELESS AND UNCALLED FOR.... IT TAKES SOME VERY SERIOUS GUT FOR A NIGERIAN LADY WHO'S A GRADUATE TO COME OUT THIS OPEN!.

YOU AND I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT SHE HAS TRIED TO BETTER HER LIFE, PERHAPS IT DIDNT WORK OUT, SHE RESORTED TO THIS.

Sorry if it came off to you as careless and uncalled for. You might have a valid point, but I maintain my stand that someone who graduated legitimately from Computer Science with a 2:1 won't need to result to this level. And no, I won't bother calling her.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Heineken(m): 5:13am On May 24, 2016
idensko:
This change dey reset pple brain 2 default setting.

That's a first sign of recession,

Unemployment, high cost of living which leads 2 desperation.

Don't blame d little angel.

If she was in Abuja I did offer her a secretary job, at least she will manage till she gets a better job.
bro please am in Abuja.. Am a graduate.. Thank you sir.. Anything at all
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by zealed64: 10:45am On May 24, 2016
Its unfortunate you don't have anything good to offer her, but to add insults to her injury.

Donpuzo:

Sorry if it came off to you as careless and uncalled for. You might have a valid point, but I maintain my stand that someone who graduated legitimately from Computer Science with a 2:1 won't need to result to this level. And no, I won't bother calling her.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 24, 2016
zealed64:
Its unfortunate you don't have anything good to offer her, but to add insults to her injury.

It's well. God bless
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by dumaro(f): 2:59pm On May 26, 2016
jboycrb:

U write programs with pen on paper? Abi u design web on cardboard? No PC,no Internet and u expect her to write programs?
who tell you say she knw gt? shes most likely a private uni grad
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by chygoz4eva(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2016
Ligxy:

Oga, it's not always as easy as you people say it, you may have a laptop, and money for steady subscription, she may not have. Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well, she cannot start taking up jobs on trial and error.
I had to look for a job and raise little cash before I could start anything for myself. That's how it works.

God bless you my dear. The girl knew she had no help instead of being a prostitute, she summoned courage and took up a placard stating what she wanted, " job" . Instead of commending her for her bold step, some people are here blabbing!

Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by themanderon: 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
some people will just sit down behind a laptop or phone and spill trash, most of us don't even know her or her story and we are here calling her names, just because some of us have had an easy pass in life does not give us the right to judge others with our own yardstick, she might have had it rough in life you know.
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by jboycrb(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
dumaro:
who tell you say she knw gt? shes most likely a private uni grad

Hmm
Re: PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard by Bwatter(m): 7:25am On Jul 21, 2016
@ gauss I am in Warri and would like to establish contacts with you on how to. get SRT d85w here in Warri n how much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Without A Job Yet? Learn These 5 Top Skills And Get A Job!!! / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? / The Possible Impact Of The Emergence Of GMB On FAAN And NIS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.