Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

The Society And The Male Child - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Society And The Male Child (17889 Views)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / My Husband Beats Me For Not Bearing Male Child, Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Society And The Male Child by iPopAlomo(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
Bride price doesn't mean Sh.it. they don't pray bride price in India neither do they pay bride price in the west. Stop looking for excuses. Talk another one biko undecided

They can't walk out. If they do, they stop being good wives. They must endure. That aside, I am not for leaving nor am I for enduring. Do what it is best your mental health and do not judge is my motto undecided

IpopAlo.mo, I will appreciate it if you could stop tagging me as a feminist. I don't identify as one and I hate when people call me what I am not. Thanks.

kw.aso

Are you a feminist on the side...? lol... just playing with you... fake feminist..
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Doctoreee1(m): 11:12am On May 22, 2016
veekid:
too long o jare, I ll read later
Am uzed to bulky material in zchooI zo am done wit it
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Shwarz: 11:23am On May 22, 2016
I agree with the writer, he speaks from the heart. But I don't think he has given any sot of credit to the exceptions and the fact that more than ever, individualism plays a major role in the actions of most men and women. Just as the Yoruba proverb says;"Oun to Hun omo je, ko ma kin r'un ninu"(I.e what a child feels like eating never irritates his stomach) in other words; as a result of free will, many do whatsoever they wish and want to do without fear or fervour. Not to sound proud but I don't belong to this group, in fact my mum was a strict disciplinarian when we were growing up and despite the fact that she raised I and my siblings alone(because our father was irresponsible and was not there because he dumped us). She never gave me and my brother any sense of "male entitlement". It was more a case of respect for your older ones and do what you are able to do according to the manly ability you've been created with. Obviously there are things a man shouldn't be seen doing, but she never taught me that it's a man's thing to cheat or have affairs(like the writer is purporting) and have a false sense of entitlement due to your sex. If that was true then she wouldn't have been both our father and mother single handedly. The truth is even though what the society portrays eg the kind of disastrous songs out there now, plays a huge role in deforming the mentality of most young boys into thinking they what they shouldn't be, I still think it's a matter of choice. There would come a time when they have to choose(between right and wrong) and the gut natural instincts(irrespective of any upbringing) would decide whether to be right or wrong, most, as we see choose wrong because it is the easier way out. I don't belong to this school of thought(not to sound braggish), but I'm very proud of my upbringing and I would never treat a women disrectfully and trust me, there are men out there who are even better trained out there.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by numericalguy(m): 11:26am On May 22, 2016
EVILFOREST:
OK
Finally, I have read through completely.
Let me ask the OP....
Questions are as follows... :

1) IF AFRICA adores POLYGAMY, how do we differentiate it from INFIDELITY... ?

2) IF all "MEN are cheats" Who cheated with them.. ...?
Because the LADY Who attests to it, must be a prostitute. ..

3) For every man willing to CHEAT today there is always a LADY ready for such... . Pls. Explain.. .?

4) Most LADIES now prefer Married men to singles because married ones can't disappoint them again... Explain....?

Don't mind the deluded OP and his silly rants.
Just because the OP was raised as a thug and area boy under the bridge does not give him the right to conclude all men are like him.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by manutdadex(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2016
Yomieluv:
Its not new,nature made it so..

Why do you think the snake went to Eve,and not Adam,because the snake knew Eve was vulnerable like the typical female child,who is sway to be servient to the male child,Adam.
and yet esau lost is birthright because of food.. So its not d gender but d individual.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Zehner(f): 11:33am On May 22, 2016
fados4sure:

Thanks & how was your 9t?
twas great

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by UjSizzle(f): 11:46am On May 22, 2016
God bless you for sharing this.

I have every plan of giving my boys and girls balanced training. it doesn't demean them, but rather helps them function better in society.
And this is an important conversation i have with any serious suitor. If he's one of those "men shouldn't so and so" people, I jejely move on. Can't come and be fighting over child training with bae.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 11:47am On May 22, 2016
Zehner:
twas great
Good to know. Did you go to church today & how was the service?
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Bowaley17(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2016
The four of us are boy. I was just 7years when i started cooking. My siblings and I clean the house,fetch water,cut the grassses. I don't see the need for a female child,since we can take care of the house. No woman fit do shakara for me o...

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Bobola47: 11:49am On May 22, 2016
these are the kind of messages we ought to be promoting on here, not who owns the biggest cars, or buys the latest dress material, true, those guys may look nice on the outside but inside is rot, just ma humble opinion
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Doctorfitz: 11:55am On May 22, 2016
EVILFOREST:
OK
Finally, I have read through completely.
Let me ask the OP....
Questions are as follows... :

1) IF AFRICA adores POLYGAMY, how do we differentiate it from INFIDELITY... ?

2) IF all "MEN are cheats" Who cheated with them.. ...?
Because the LADY Who attests to it, must be a prostitute. ..

3) For every man willing to CHEAT today there is always a LADY ready for such... . Pls. Explain.. .?

4) Most LADIES now prefer Married men to singles because married ones can't disappoint them again... Explain....?

I concur bro.... @op u need to learn hw to write objectively.. On a side note I need to ask what's this fuss about male child female child crap?.The simple problem we have as Africans is we don't knw who we are we prefer to borrow alien culture..the north americans have a culture,the europeans have theirs,africans have theirs......whichever u wanna imbibe pls do @ d comfort of ur home and don't disturb us with dis gender crap....hian!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Wokeyim(f): 12:31pm On May 22, 2016
I agree with the OP that most times it is the way children are brought up by their parents that causes this impropriety. I have two daughters and we only wanted two kids so i am done with kids. People have refused to accept the fact that a family can be happy or content without a male child and i keep getting subtle messages from people to try number three/four, maybe they will be boys.

A colleague explicitly asked me how i could say i was done with kids when i had not yet had a boy. Another who had two girls and then a boy kept pressurizing to try again, maybe number three will be a boy. I told her we are good with the girls and if i was ever going to consider a third child it will be because we want a third child and not a boy, and that this won't be any time soon. Her next response shocked me. She said that is still good as my daughters will have grown up by then and will be able to help me take care of their brother. So does that mean the girls are not human beings and i only had them first as a means of having someone to help me take care of an almighty son who has not even been born yet?

With mums who have this kind of mentality concerning the gender of their kids in this century, what kind of sons do you expect them to groom?

2 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by krak101(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
DICKtator:
Still the boy/child matter

Even James Brown sang about this.

It would always be a man's world!!!

It is presumed that a boy should be tough in order to be a man(remember the Spartan trainings? And even the Roman ones?)

Because we are seen as an epitome of strength, honour and valour!!!
It is just how the world is wired!!
That is why I always find it funny when some girls be forming feminists trying to degrade menfolk in order to "glorify "their status.

Singing Beyonce's " who run the world" not even knowing that that song was written by men and given to the puppet to sing!!!!

grin grin grin grin
bro you no get joy o
Re: The Society And The Male Child by uzolexis(f): 12:42pm On May 22, 2016
Iceberg3:

of cos,it will always be true 2 ya,even if lai mohammed wrote this piece..

Op,you cannot alter or change what God has ordained to be,what the female folks cause to be with their own hands, so called freedom and kinikòn independence right from the very beginning.

In Britain,its kinda natural and hard to see a gentle English man laugh or laugh loud. So it is with men and crying..... And talkin'bout crying,imagine what ladies will do and how they will make jest and fun and caricature of you as a man if they see you cry! Even your bae will be soo ashamed and term you a 'woman' and a whimp.
What they want from men and his world only the most High knows.

I have seen my Dad cry several times but I have never for once thought less of him. To me he is the most amazing man in the world cos he has always been there for me.
So stop this your wrapped thinking that a crying man is a weak man.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by fernandoc(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2016
Op are u gay?
Re: The Society And The Male Child by theEYe21(f): 12:50pm On May 22, 2016
That's if the devil exist grin
goingape:
this nonsense posts is to make the female LOOK more important to the society!

@op! I guess you must have given your manhood to the devil.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by theEYe21(f): 1:00pm On May 22, 2016
Are you saying that one of God's creation is a mistake? You indirectly just said God is not perfect grin grin.
Decryptor:

And secondly, when God was creating in the bible, he always said "it was good" but after creating eve, he never mentioned "it was good". SMH
Re: The Society And The Male Child by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2016
This why I thank God for the mother and father that I have.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by theEYe21(f): 1:06pm On May 22, 2016
In some cultures, the women pay the bride price and are still treated very poorly, like India
kwaso:
This is a beautiful write up.
But how about the ladies that actually walk out of relationships because the guy is not 'man' enough? Is easier to sit and make good write ups like this but untill MAN STOPS PAYING BRIDE PRICES of WOMEN, this will remain a literature.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by cexodele(m): 1:24pm On May 22, 2016
very insightful!!!
Re: The Society And The Male Child by omotroyz(m): 1:35pm On May 22, 2016
theEYe21:
That's if the devil exist grin
DEVIL: the creation of Christianity to put Christians under a subconscious fear. it is well.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by vicolurin(f): 1:37pm On May 22, 2016
Hmmmmm, beautiful posts......
Re: The Society And The Male Child by beyondwalls: 1:40pm On May 22, 2016
Hmmm, interesting!

I don't think the snake went to Eve because Eve was more vulnerable because why then was Alpha Adam not able to 'resist' Eve. The snake knew and still knows this truth, that let the male continue to do 'super alpha' all he needs is to get the fe-male and it is game over for both of them and the garden.

If we critically examine things, Eve or the female is not the more vulnerable or weaker one, it is the male. If the male hold this thought and that the determinant factor to his doing/undoing is the female, then our training will be taken seriously.

$Just thinking..

Yomieluv:
Its not new,nature made it so..

Why do you think the snake went to Eve,and not Adam,because the snake knew Eve was vulnerable like the typical female child,who is sway to be servient to the male child,Adam.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by beyondwalls: 1:45pm On May 22, 2016
Hmmm! What a mental block!

Wokeyim:
I agree with the OP that most times it is the way children are brought up by their parents that causes this impropriety. I have two daughters and we only wanted two kids so i am done with kids. People have refused to accept the fact that a family can be happy or content without a male child and i keep getting subtle messages from people to try number three/four, maybe they will be boys.

A colleague explicitly asked me how i could say i was done with kids when i had not yet had a boy. Another who had two girls and then a boy kept pressurizing to try again, maybe number three will be a boy. I told her we are good with the girls and if i was ever going to consider a third child it will be because we want a third child and not a boy, and that this won't be any time soon. Her next response shocked me. She said that is still good as my daughters will have grown up by then and will be able to help me take care of their brother. So does that mean the girls are not human beings and i only had them first as a means of having someone to help me take care of an almighty son who has not even been born yet?

With mums who have this kind of mentality concerning the gender of their kids in this century, what kind of sons do you expect them to groom?
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 22, 2016
firstolalekan:
Even with all the evil tags,

I CAN NEVER TRADE MY "MANSHIP" FOR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD grin
are u a kid or something
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Iceberg3: 1:49pm On May 22, 2016
uzolexis:

I have seen my Dad cry several times but I have never for once thought less of him. To me he is the most amazing man in the world cos he has always been there for me.
So stop this your wrapped thinking that a crying man is a weak man.

oh u oughtta've said u saw ur boyfriend crying like a whimp instead of coming here on a faceless forum and tell the air how ur mum felt ashamed seeing ur dad crying.. Its a sunday,u wanna tell us on here u not gonna feel ashamed if ur man weeps and cry over some hurtful things like a kid does over his lost lollipops? Dont lie to us,u and ur fellow feminists will so make sport of ur friend if her bae was caught crying...and pls,if u wanna quote moi again,do so without the warped logic,savvy sussie? cool

3 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by beyondwalls: 1:50pm On May 22, 2016
isalie:
Actually, i think the snake wen o eve because she was stronger than Adam. She was the one who could control Adam's opinion. Also you will notice that Adam was made from sand while Eve was make from bone... It was after the sin that God said she will from then on depend on the man for all time... Read that chapter again and tell me if i am wrong...

beyondwalls:

Hmmm, interesting!
I don't think the snake went to Eve because Eve was more vulnerable because why then was Alpha Adam not able to 'resist' Eve. The snake knew and still knows this truth, that let the male continue to do 'super alpha' all he needs is to get the fe-male and it is game over for both of them and the garden.
If we critically examine things, Eve or the female is not the more vulnerable or weaker one, it is the male. If the male hold this thought and that the determinant factor to his doing/undoing is the female, then our training will be taken seriously.
$Just thinking..
Re: The Society And The Male Child by DAPMAN601: 1:55pm On May 22, 2016
I find this write up amusing as several others like it, I wonder if the OP pays careful attention to his society,shockingly this was written by a Man.A male child is under intense pressure from day 1,he is expected to grow in to many roles.By virtue of strength, which is this case most of the time,a boy and a girl of the same age do not usually have the same strength, it is on him to defend his siblings naturally. When he becomes a Man,he is expected to take care of his Parents and other family members, now Women take care of theIreland Parents too,the difference is,in family circles ,a Man his measured by the level of his achievements, and contributions. If a Man does not fulfil financial obligations he is ridiculed, nobody looks down on the woman of the same age for not being capable financially, and she is celebrated if she is successful and able to contribute. Meanwhile, for a Man,it is seen as a duty. A Man does not think of leaving his wife because she is broke,meanwhile all else is let loose if something happens to a Man's finance,if symptoms persist,divorce is apparent,even the Bible says a Man that can not fend for his is worse than an infidel. In all a Man is trained and groomed to confront hardship and also be a shield, we cannot all be Generals in the Army,somebody as to the head and another the assistant,the Bible speaks on this too.The society is generally extremely hostile for the Man and very lenient for the woman.
All attempts to alter nature;such as Transgender nonsense, homosexuality and this equal gender things are alien,it is just a way of trying to usurp God given authority to Men,Women cheat a lot more than they are given credit for,its d truth and they know it. I wish very hard for this equal right thing,maybe this people who are not capable of deep thoughts will begin to see the great negative effect. Women have more advantage than Men in every way,they are Governors,Presidents,Ministers etc..what else do they want?If u want a Man to go to jail for slapping you,then the law should I also let u go to jail for slapping him..that's the meaning of equality not assuming one person is weak already. The effect of this equality stuff is,Men will no longer marry,already there is a marriage in the society, if a law that encourages rebellion is passed. .u will wish for a reversal. Have animals become wiser than Men?when the Male animal's job description is to fend and defend?I just tire for this generation. HYPOCRISY at its peak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by DAPMAN601: 1:56pm On May 22, 2016
shocked
Re: The Society And The Male Child by DAPMAN601: 1:59pm On May 22, 2016
sad
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Ngokafor(f): 2:00pm On May 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
Adam must be a bigger fo.ol to have listened to Eve. If at all, it shows how men are not strong enough to think therefore they are not to be trusted to lead.

.... na wa cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman To Marry Twin Sister's Killer / What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? / Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.