Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

The Society And The Male Child - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Society And The Male Child (17834 Views)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / My Husband Beats Me For Not Bearing Male Child, Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:18am On May 22, 2016
brightleave:

I beg how can I post a topic or report on nairaland?
There are different sections on Nairaland
go to a section that fits your writeup example,if your writeup is about romance, go to romance section.

you will see "create new topic" right before the existing topics,click it,give a title to your writeup, post and submit.

the report button is for reporting an offensive post or mention, just below my comment you will see report,click it and signify the rule broken,then submit.

I hope this helps
Re: The Society And The Male Child by kayalla(f): 10:20am On May 22, 2016
so much sense in this write, Op well done.

6 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by haryomikun(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Your type of guys get things twisted... how does that post indicates or translated to me being scared of feminist...?

I've always considered feminist lazy... and hiding behind an ideology if things don't go their way...

let me ask you this simple question... As a man... does it mean everything naturally goes your way...? if by any chance your answer is "NO..."

Then what are feminist fighting for...? equal rights...?!

Think about it deeply... Have a lovely day sir...
My good sir, I understand what you mean. A week ago, I searched for the word 'feminism' on google.... I read through Wikipedia and also went through some other websites to read people's opinions and experiences. I read there that the type of feminists you described above are called 'radical feminists' Just like you have terrorists among Muslims. The real feminists don't try to degrade the menfolk. They just want equal rights..

I won't lie to you me sef, I consider their opinions and cries twisted. For example why should a man be jailed when slapping a woman and not vice versa.

Also, why didn't nature make women seem equal to men.

But then man, I just had to shrug it off... Men have and are still doing a lot of bad things to women. They have been at the lower end of the spectrum for at least three thousand years so if they want equality now, why not give it to them even if its undeserved.

Even of its just to compensate them for the wrong things men have done over the centuries...

Read back through history and you'll pity women

8 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:25am On May 22, 2016
one word... WOW...

Beautiful hearted OP

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:26am On May 22, 2016
Actually, i think the snake wen o eve because she was stronger than Adam. She was the one who could control Adam's opinion. Also you will notice that Adam was made from sand while Eve was make from bone... It was after the sin that God said she will from then on depend on the man for all time... Read that chapter again and tell me if i am wrong...

Yomieluv:
Its not new,nature made it so..

Why do you think the snake went to Eve,and not Adam,because the snake knew Eve was vulnerable like the typical female child,who is sway to be servient to the male child,Adam.

10 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Akuneshiobike(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2016
Now u can fully understand one of the reasons why the bill passed to NASS for GENDER EQUALITY never made headway. I laugh at feminism. grin

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Stevoohlicent(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2016
DICKtator:
Still the boy/child matter

Even James Brown sang about this.

It would always be a man's world!!!

It is presumed that a boy should be tough in order to be a man(remember the Spartan trainings? And even the Roman ones?)

Because we are seen as an epitome of strength, honour and valour!!!
It is just how the world is wired!!
That is why I always find it funny when some girls be forming feminists trying to degrade menfolk in order to "glorify "their status.

Singing Beyonce's " who run the world" not even knowing that that song was written by men and given to the puppet to sing!!!!

grin grin grin grin
you are a perfect example of what the writeup is all about...

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by iswallker(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2016
U
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:35am On May 22, 2016
veekid:
too long o jare, I ll read later
Honestly
Re: The Society And The Male Child by iPopAlomo(m): 10:35am On May 22, 2016
haryomikun:

My good sir, I understand what you mean. A week ago, I searched for the word 'feminism' on google.... I read through Wikipedia and also went through some other websites to read people's opinions and experiences. I read there that the type of feminists you described above are called 'radical feminists' Just like you have terrorists among Muslims. The real feminists don't try to degrade the menfolk. They just want equal rights..

I won't lie to you me sef, I consider their opinions and cries twisted. For example why should a man be jailed when slapping a woman and not vice versa.

Also, why didn't nature make women seem equal to men.

But then man, I just had to shrug it off... Men have and are still doing a lot of bad things to women. They have been at the lower end of the spectrum for at least three thousand years so if they want equality now, why not give it to them even if its undeserved.

Even of its just to compensate them for the wrong things men have done over the centuries...

Read back through history and you'll pity women

Read back through the same history and you'll pity men... and I still maintain... there's nothing as equal rights...

Today... who has got more job opportunities... women or men...?

I have no issue whatsoever with a very successful hardworking woman... but one lazy ass girl... shouting feminism up and down and writing articles... those ones... I have a problem with...

If you're going to look at a coin... look at both sides... and trust me... I know where you're coming from...

Men and women should go about their business... and there are only two classes of gender irrespective of sex... Superior and the Other...

5 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by haryomikun(m): 10:39am On May 22, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Read back through the same history and you'll pity men... and I still maintain... there's nothing as equal rights...

Today... who has got more job opportunities... women or men...?

I have no issue whatsoever with a very successful hardworking woman... but one lazy ass girl... shouting feminism up and down and writing articles... those ones... I have a problem with...

If you're going to look at a coin... look at both sides... and trust me... I know where you're coming from...

Men and women should go about their business... and there are only two classes of gender irrespective of sex... Superior and the Other...
Loooool. You've had a bad experience with them tho.

Maybe because I have never met with a feminist before sha
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:40am On May 22, 2016
Adam must be a bigger fo.ol to have listened to Eve. If at all, it shows how men are not strong enough to think therefore they are not to be trusted to lead.

Yomieluv:
Its not new,nature made it so..

Why do you think the snake went to Eve,and not Adam,because the snake knew Eve was vulnerable like the typical female child,who is sway to be servient to the male child,Adam.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by haryomikun(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2016
isalie:
Actually, i think the snake wen o eve because she was stronger than Adam. She was the one who could control Adam's opinion. Also you will notice that Adam was made from sand while Eve was make from bone... It was after the sin that God said she will from then on depend on the man for all time... Read that chapter again and tell me if i am wrong...

Wow! I like the way you countered the guy...

You're a smart woman....

A feminist too?? lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:43am On May 22, 2016
Some men do frustrate their wives too. What should they do? Oops! I know, cheat on them.

Ridwan1821:
Though, its not all men that normally cheat on their wives but I dont knw y a normal man will cheat on his wife.

Well, some women do frustrate their husband but I don't think that should be an excuse for cheating. Also, some men do think this world is a men's world, therefore they can do anything they like.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Iceberg3: 10:43am On May 22, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecidedSo, I'm Actually speechless.

'Coz Everything you said up there is true and Valid.cry

And it's Not everyday someone like ''Esthar'' Has little to Nothing to contribute or contradict. embarassed

So...yeah! kudos!

of cos,it will always be true 2 ya,even if lai mohammed wrote this piece..

Op,you cannot alter or change what God has ordained to be,what the female folks cause to be with their own hands, so called freedom and kinikòn independence right from the very beginning.

In Britain,its kinda natural and hard to see a gentle English man laugh or laugh loud. So it is with men and crying..... And talkin'bout crying,imagine what ladies will do and how they will make jest and fun and caricature of you as a man if they see you cry! Even your bae will be soo ashamed and term you a 'woman' and a whimp.
What they want from men and his world only the most High knows.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Decryptor(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2016
lovingT:

Exactly what the post is saying. Why not our new fathers?? Or better yet our new parents? Why our new mothers Or don't the father's have a role in raising our children

That's the problem. The man will try to raise but the woman with sentiments and emotions will alter or counteract the training and term it as militarisation
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:46am On May 22, 2016
In this 21st century, if name means everything to you then I don't want to ever get to know you.

By the way, you can't tell a tale of a great person without talking about the side of the family that made more impact.

linearity:
Not to rain on your parade, it is true that; it is the male child that carries the family name to the next generation in most Africa cultures.

The lady gets married and start bearing the husband's name and the kids will follow shortly. Yes, she will remember her origin and bring the kids for visitation from time to time, but the father's or family's name and culture, traditions, etc of the father begins an untimely death from there. The male not only preservers the family culture, tradition and name, but he grows it by brings others e.g. his wife and children into it.

Yes, the above is the norm and there are some exceptions e.g. in some Ibo community, if a girl gives birth before the man pays dowries, the child bears the lady's maiden name and there are a few ladies who still retain and pass on their maiden names to their kids especially unmarried ladies, but these are the exceptions to the rule; the male child still dominates this rule book.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Unlimited22: 10:46am On May 22, 2016
Fantastic
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Uchemus(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2016
haryomikun:
ull meet 1 sm day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:47am On May 22, 2016
If you don't see yourself as victims, quit complaining when women do!

This is the same society that finds it hard to believe that a man can be raped...continue

iPopAlomo:
Stopped reading when I got to this point...

All this fucking feminist... if you don't want to live in a male dominated world... do what the Amazonian female warriors did... isolate yourself... but spreading this bull crap... this shite... to buttress shite talk about make child is not acceptable...

All this feminist have these things in common... bitterness and loneliness... and the need to drag other women down that hole... just cos they can't find a partner they turn to feminism...
Re: The Society And The Male Child by cococandy(f): 10:47am On May 22, 2016
Well the OP is true.
The result of this age long nonsensical practice is the number useless boys parading the Internet these days.
One can tell nobody trained them.

Wild and savage like hyenas and the worst part is that they don't know there's something fundamentally wrong with them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Decryptor(m): 10:48am On May 22, 2016
isalie:

And secondly, when God was creating in the bible, he always said "it was good" but after creating eve, he never mentioned "it was good". SMH

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:50am On May 22, 2016
I'm a man o grin

haryomikun:

Wow! I like the way you countered the guy...

You're a smart woman....

A feminist too?? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by iPopAlomo(m): 10:51am On May 22, 2016
haryomikun:

All I've said is the truth... the queen of Sheeba... ruled Ethiopia as far back as Bible days... do we call her a feminist...? Or she was just lucky to be born of Royalty...

You can argue with a girl... insult her then she starts to cry till her eyes get swollen... when people ask her what's the matter... she says you slapped her... her eyes are swollen... proof enough... if you get out of that... without demeaning yourself or no witness... then you're lucky... the society we live in help protects the women right...

To a point... I'm an advocate of equal right... you know why...? I so want to exploit it...

Women hairdressers don't like the male ones... as soon as it's approved... I'm taking all the female jobs available... after all... we've got equal rights...

But to my Mom... who worked hard to the point of where she is today... losing all that rights and privileges that comes with the respect of position to equal rights because of some bunch of girls that are too lazy to work...? Bleep that Shiite!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by kwaso: 10:52am On May 22, 2016
This is a beautiful write up.
But how about the ladies that actually walk out of relationships because the guy is not 'man' enough? Is easier to sit and make good write ups like this but untill MAN STOPS PAYING BRIDE PRICES of WOMEN, this will remain a literature.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Society And The Male Child by karkinase(m): 10:55am On May 22, 2016
dumpointer:
Person fit get head ache before him read finish. Long post are discouraging to read
I tell bro, no body got all the time in the World to read long articles. Summarize, hit the point, Ur audience reads n every one is happy. Simple.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by iPopAlomo(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2016
kwaso:
But how about the ladies that actually walk out of relationships because the guy is not 'man' enough? Is easier to sit and make good write ups like this but untill MAN STOPS PAYING BRIDE PRICES of WOMEN, this will remain a literature.

If you was a girl... I can kiss you... Nice post Mr. Kwaso... nice post...

2 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 10:58am On May 22, 2016
Unfortunately, it's like admonishing a mildly stüpid ceramic wall because the odds are that those golden words upchucked so articulately and beautifully would only fall on deaf ears.

Objectification of women is also why a grown-āss 35 year old would, in a semi-formal gathering on Nairaland say with aplomb: 'I want to fück you, Ishilove' and yet see no modicum of wrong in his utterances, nor did any of the other persons present.

I think it's a parlous mentality that has burrowed deeply in our society and is so far sunk in. The one that accords a man enough leeway to freely objectify females with risqué remarks and whatnot, but let any female dare openly tell a guy here that she wants to shāg his brains out and you're sure to hear stuffs like: 'you're a shameless whöre' or 'you're a useless slüt'.

I also feel some women are partly responsible as to why men objectify them — either by being reticent and not voicing their displeasure or by their sometimes, very lëwd deportment and mode of dressing which you would consider too infra dig for any responsible female.

Well, as you wisely opined—it's easier to fix a growing child than to fix a broken man.

That been said, parents should strive to inculcate in their sons, a sense of respect for their female counterparts.

They should also be taught not to ever denigrate women either by their actions or inactions. And most importantly, it should be made known from childhood that males are in no way superior to females —maybe we are physically, but intellectually, emotionally etc we are on equal grounds.

There are three chicks in my study group that are cleaning my clocks academically—I don't know how but they just are. Most males would most likely take to hating or envy if a woman trounces them in any activity or if she's shoulders higher financially, but those are still results of the erroneous mentality that most males were bred with - the one that states that there is meant to be a lid on the achievements of a woman.

OP, once again your writeup was brilliant!.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Society And The Male Child by 9ja4show: 10:59am On May 22, 2016
virginboy1:
Interesting piece.

on the contrary.

I couldn't understand why it hurts a lot when you bite your tongue accidentally but it doesn't hurt when you bite it intentionally, and what I couldn't understand most is why you're biting your tongue right now?

hehehehehehe

Hahaha funny guy
Re: The Society And The Male Child by iPopAlomo(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2016
kwaso:

Cc: All nairaland feminist and woman wrapper...

President: Freecocoa
V. President: Cococandy
SGF: daretodiffer
Re: The Society And The Male Child by sizzlers(m): 11:02am On May 22, 2016
DICKtator:
Still the boy/child matter

Even James Brown sang about this.

It would always be a man's world!!!

It is presumed that a boy should be tough in order to be a man(remember the Spartan trainings? And even the Roman ones?)

Because we are seen as an epitome of strength, honour and valour!!!
It is just how the world is wired!!
That is why I always find it funny when some girls be forming feminists trying to degrade menfolk in order to "glorify "their status.

Singing Beyonce's " who run the world" not even knowing that that song was written by men and given to the puppet to sing!!!!

Don't knw weda to like or dislike this ur opinion

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 11:06am On May 22, 2016
Bride price doesn't mean sh.it. they don't pay bride price in India neither do they pay bride price in the west. Yet these things happen. Stop looking for excuses. Talk another one biko undecided

They can't walk out. If they do, they stop being good wives. They must endure. That aside, I am not for leaving nor am I for enduring. Do what it is best your mental health and do not judge is my motto undecided

IpopAlomo, I will appreciate it if you could stop tagging me as a feminist. I don't identify as one and I hate when people call me what I am not. Thanks.

kwaso
iPopAlomo:

Cc: All nairaland feminist and woman wrapper...

President: Freecocoa
V. President: Cococandy
SGF: daretodiffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? / A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday / 2 Kids From Same Family Kidnapped At Their School In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.