Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Society And The Male Child - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Society And The Male Child (17899 Views)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / My Husband Beats Me For Not Bearing Male Child, Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Society And The Male Child by phameous: 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
virginboy1:
Interesting piece.

on the contrary.

I couldn't understand why it hurts a lot when you bite your tongue accidentally but it doesn't hurt when you bite it intentionally, and what I couldn't understand most is why you're biting your tongue right now?

hehehehehehe

U got me... smiley
Re: The Society And The Male Child by jojothaiv(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
I bet you haven't come across Kipling's If....
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 22, 2016
Mtchew.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by beyondwalls: 2:31pm On May 22, 2016
The post has got nothing to do with degrading manhood or manship smiley as someone called it.
Let me try to give the bottom line of that insightful write-up and maybe a mix of my own thoughts.

1. There is a stereotype we have for the male and female gender in this part of the world.

2. That typically dictates how each gender is being raised until the individual child is able ‘enough’ to define his/her own life.

3. The female gender has a more robust syllabus (wherever the parents got that) and is trained more rigorously while the male gender seems to have an assumed unclear direction that is based on primordial mind-sets and societal expectations especially in Africa. Every culture has its own dictates.

4. Therefore, most or sometimes ladies are more matured than guys of their equal age. And that has also lead to guys wanting to marry ladies younger than them.

5. The pain basically is the male child is not given much grooming as the female child especially in Africa. You think it’s really a man’s world? Who call you man sef all because you have dick?

6. Where did we even get the syllabus for training? Why is the syllabus still the same considering the swiftness at which change has taken over our globe? Gender roles in marriage are now very sublime. And we still want to live as though we are in 10th century….?

Just take it one line after another….I hope that is still not too much to read or comprehend.

CC:
kayalla(f):
suzan404(f):
goingape:
EVILFOREST:
numericalguy(m):
firstolalekan:

4 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by lovingT(f): 2:37pm On May 22, 2016
Decryptor:

That's the problem. The man will try to raise but the woman with sentiments and emotions will alter or counteract the training and term it as militarisation

Are u serious That's not always true. So u guys just give up??
Re: The Society And The Male Child by drealaz24(m): 2:43pm On May 22, 2016
keep preaching this sh*t and bring more chaos to the world. Religiously speaking, male is the head, even the lower animals understand and observed this rule. keep listening to this west. we africa lack self esteem, we import everything including culture. you called God's order conspiracy theory. SMH or sorry, may be you are an atheist.

2 Likes

Re: The Society And The Male Child by linearity: 3:11pm On May 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
In this 21st century, if name means everything to you then I don't want to ever get to know you.

By the way, you can't tell a tale of a great person without talking about the side of the family that made more impact.

If you look at it closely, it is more than a name; it is identity, it is history, it is cultural heritage and their preservation, it is handing down of tradition and custom to the next generation, who will carry it into the future.

Not get me wrong, I do not subscribe to the 'absolute supremacy of the male child', all am saying is that they both have their uniqueness and the male child is uniquely placed to preserver the family identity, history, culture and tradition in a Nigerian context.

Also note that, there are few exceptions to the above rule; albeit, It is the predominant rule and norm in our society.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by professore(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2016
Every child should be raised in the way of God,male or female.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by linearity: 3:34pm On May 22, 2016
beyondwalls:
The post has got nothing to do with degrading manhood or manship smiley as someone called it.
Let me try to give the bottom line of that insightful write-up and maybe a mix of my own thoughts.

1. There is a stereotype we have for the male and female gender in this part of the world.

2. That typically dictates how each gender is being raised until the individual child is able ‘enough’ to define his/her own life.

3. The female gender has a more robust syllabus (wherever the parents got that) and is trained more rigorously while the male gender seems to have an assumed unclear direction that is based on primordial mind-sets and societal expectations especially in Africa. Every culture has its own dictates.

4. Therefore, most or sometimes ladies are more matured than guys of their equal age. And that has also lead to guys wanting to marry ladies younger than them.

5. The pain basically is the male child is not given much grooming as the female child especially in Africa. You think it’s really a man’s world? Who call you man sef all because you have dick?

6. Where did we even get the syllabus for training? Why is the syllabus still the same considering the swiftness at which change has taken over our globe? Gender roles in marriage are now very sublime. And we still want to live as though we are in 10th century….?

Just take it one line after another….I hope that is still not too much to read or comprehend.

CC:
kayalla(f):
suzan404(f):
goingape:
EVILFOREST:
numericalguy(m):
firstolalekan:

Don't you think you are missing something? It is erroneous to summise that, only the female child have some form of training while growing up.

However, I can understand how you come to that conclusion. Within the African context, female are seen to be home-makers, while males are seen to be home-providers. While the mom of the house is busy teaching/training the female child how to do house chores, the father is training the male child how to provide for the house e.g. By going hunting, fishing, farming, etc with the male child. Society pressure and expectations also exact their own training on the male child, believe me it is not easy to be a male child and don't think they have it easy.

I don't think it is the training that makes the female child to be more mature. Even from the Bible days, in the garden of Eden with no training, the woman had more curiosity. God ordered the man not to eat of the tree of wisdom and he obeyed, but Evi will have none of that and the Bible recorded that, she ate the fruit first and became wise far before Adam, who was her senior.

Also, ladies are wired to think qualitatively, while males are wired to think quantitatively. While the lady is qualitatively seeing the beautiful synergy a new luxury vehicle will add to the family dynamics, the man is busy quantifying the money involved, garage space, speakers, lights, speed, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Mayor101010(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2016
WTF is you talking about?... Tis a man's world... Get that into ya brain.. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by mikolo80: 3:44pm On May 22, 2016
what buffoonery is this. where in the animal kingdom is the male sissified. trust me when the SHTF YOU DON'T WANT no gentlemen you want Fucking animals to keep the outside animals at bay. it's a jungle out there. better hope your son is a warrior

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by beyondwalls: 4:25pm On May 22, 2016
I did not in any way even suggest that ONLY the female child have some form of training. I said 'The female gender has a MORE robust syllabus' 'trained MORE rigorously' in this part of the world. See, it does not matter who gets the training or gets more of it, it is about the design and paradigm. Things have changed (and it is not APC change smiley). There seems to be nothing traditional about marriage anymore. There was a time, a man is a man because he wears trouser and pay the bills. That was then! Gender is being redefined likewise the roles attached. Gone are the days when females are seen primarily as home makers and males as home providers. There is a new generation on the block that has evolved, to live as if it is still the stone age of hunting and farming is boko haram + al qeada waiting to strike.

I know it is not easy to be a man neither is it easy to be a woman too. But, the crux (And i think this is Op's message as well) here is does the male child know what it means to be a man apart from having joystick, thick voice and broad shoulders? Who trained the boys to be men? Who is calling male children 'men' apart from societal pressures n dictates? Some homes are single parented even where you find both parents, the training has been abandoned to schools.

However, in the midst of this confusion of gender equality, transgender, confused gender roles, broken homes and all. There must be a basis, fundamentals that are universally consistent and non-age or time dependent. And that, should underline our 'evolve' and training of the male and female gender. So really it's about the syllabus, the design; what makes me think am a man and therefore must behave certain ways with or without societal expectations.

As for Eve eating the fruit and therefore becoming wiser than Adam. I don't agree with that. The bible recorded nothing happened to Eve when she ate the fruit until she gave it to her husband to eat. You can check again. So that cannot justify ladies maturity. Apart from early training and societal expectations other factors could be exposure. And i think i can relate with the difference between the genders apart from their obvious physical differences which is also eroding with time.

linearity:

Don't you think you are missing something? It is erroneous to summise that, only the female child have some form of training while growing up.

However, I can understand how you come to that conclusion. Within the African context, female are seen to be home-makers, while males are seen to be home-providers. While the mom of the house is busy teaching/training the female child how to do house chores, the father is training the male child how to provide for the house e.g. By going hunting, fishing, farming, etc with the male child. Society pressure and expectations also exact their own training on the male child, believe me it is not easy to be a male child and don't think they have it easy.

I don't think it is the training that makes the female child to be more mature. Even from the Bible days, in the garden of Eden with no training, the woman had more curiosity. God ordered the man not to eat of the tree of wisdom and he obeyed, but Evi will have none of that and the Bible recorded that, she ate the fruit first and became wise far before Adam, who was her senior.

Also, ladies are wired to think qualitatively, while males are wired to think quantitatively. While the lady is qualitatively seeing the beautiful synergy a new luxury vehicle will add to the family dynamics, the man is busy quantifying the money involved, garage space, speakers, lights, speed, etc.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by uzolexis(f): 5:10pm On May 22, 2016
Iceberg3:

oh u oughtta've said u saw ur boyfriend crying like a whimp instead of coming here on a faceless forum and tell the air how ur mum felt ashamed seeing ur dad crying.. Its a sunday,u wanna tell us on here u not gonna feel ashamed if ur man weeps and cry over some hurtful things like a kid does over his lost lollipops? Dont lie to us,u and ur fellow feminists will so make sport of ur friend if her bae was caught crying...and pls,if u wanna quote moi again,do so without the warped logic,savvy sussie? cool

shut it, you don't know my family and my parents are very logical and enlightened pple, there is no shame in a man crying when he is hurt, my Dad cried when he lost pple dear to him so I see no reason why my mum should be ashamed, it doesn't make him less of a man, he is still the most wonderful and loving fatherand husband there is so pls carry your backwardness and nonsense macho man mentality elsewhere.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 22, 2016
Nice post. Thanks op.
Food for thought for everyone. for those crying 'long post' please read it.
Something aint right with this male child, girl child ideology
A child is a child male or female. Children should be loved and treated equally. The female child should not be made to feel inferior
While the male is pampered, and children of the same parents for that matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Luckymay(f): 5:55pm On May 22, 2016
Aside from cheating, other things I don't accept. For instance I can't stand seeing a man shed tears, nag. I don't even like a man who cooks very well, though it dosnt mean he can't help me in the kitchen. I kinda like it when he makes mistakes while preparing food, when he forgets to use towel while bringing down pot from the fire. To wrap it up...... Let a man be a man and let a woman be a woman. They were never meant to be equal....
Re: The Society And The Male Child by Luckymay(f): 5:59pm On May 22, 2016
Aside from cheating, other things I don't accept. For instance I can't stand seeing a man shed tears, nag. I don't even like a man who cooks very well, though it dosnt mean he can't help me in the kitchen. I kinda like it when he makes mistakes while preparing food, when he forgets to use towel while bringing down pot from the fire. As to being caring, that one is inborn but can also be determined by the kind of father a boy has. In fact to wrap it up....
. Let a man be a man and let a woman be a woman. They were never meant to be equal in the first place....... #fact.
Re: The Society And The Male Child by sunday2012(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2016
If you have read through your post you wll understand that you have succeded highlighting ways by which women have failed the society. Men live all their lives with their mothers. The women formed men to what they are today. Even check out marriages women still fight their daughter in laws and displayed them from their homes. Hardly would hear of father in law fighting wit his daughter in law. Everytin is women women women. Check yurself stoping putting the blame on the poor men
Re: The Society And The Male Child by bukatyne(f): 9:24pm On May 22, 2016
Interesting article.

It amazes me when I see a woman train her son to be a mini version of the husband she detests/ nags about

Maybe those nags are just seen as a rite of marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Society And The Male Child by Iceberg3: 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
uzolexis:

shut it, you don't know my family and my parents are very logical and enlightened pple, there is no shame in a man crying when he is hurt, my Dad cried when he lost pple dear to him so I see no reason why my mum should be ashamed, it doesn't make him less of a man, he is still the most wonderful and loving fatherand husband there is so pls carry your backwardness and nonsense macho man mentality elsewhere.

just got from sea to see lotsa stuff n this piece of shiit from one'a nl's numerous balding ugly femmes....lil' wonder they only peeping from afar @da pretty suzzies on parade @da Nl beauty show..
Mmuaa..how'ya whinning weepn boo?
Re: The Society And The Male Child by brightleave(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2016

There are different sections on Nairaland
go to a section that fits your writeup example,if your writeup is about romance, go to romance section.

you will see "create new topic" right before the existing topics,click it,give a title to your writeup, post and submit.

the report button is for reporting an offensive post or mention, just below my comment you will see report,click it and signify the rule broken,then submit.

I hope this helps
thanks I will try it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? / What Makes A Child An Ajebo / A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.