Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc (29629 Views)

Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures / Photos Of Salomi Pogu, The Chibok Girl Rescued Today / Reasons Why The Chibok Rescue Girl Is A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11pm On May 22, 2016
Brainless article. The man is not saying anything. Let me clear some few things.

The Civilian JTF work along side the Army. The Army do most of the front work while they support.

That is why when they found Amina Ali, the Civilian JTF handed her over to the Army. So this journalist should know that a Civilian JTF find is still part of our military operation. Thanks to both parties.

As for Serah Luka, this myopic writer should know that the #BringBackOurGirls are not the only girls kidnapped by Boko Haram. Serah was also kidnapped tortured and raped.

Thank God our military discovered Serah and it is unfortunate that Serah Luka did not get recognition after she was kidnapped from the same school. Because, she was from a different community and her parents are not among the Chibok parents. Thank God for her family finding their daughter.

It is a pity many Nigerians are now blind with hatred that they can support this mediocre article.

God Bless the Nigerian Army
God Bless the Civilian JTF
God Bless Nigerians fighting to BringBackOurGirls.

#WelcomeBackAmina
#WelcomeBackSerah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by seguntijan(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2016
Chibok girls story is a big scam but GEJ "released" $40m for negotiation with Boko Haram. GEJ and his followers go dey alright last last

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Ibudus: 6:41pm On May 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Exactly. They don't want to disgrace the dullard further, knowing full well he hasn't fulfilled any campaign promise.

You guys are really funny. Why must you allow sentiments or hate for a man over-shadow your sense. Army gone political? You must be insane. I hope you were in this wprld how the military behaved during the last govt. Shameless people
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2016
texazzpete:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/13/africa/chibok-girls-new-proof-of-life-video/index.html

[b]
Maiduguri, Nigeria (CNN)They were stolen from their beds in a school dormitory: hundreds of teenage girls kidnapped by gunmen.

A few dozen escaped to tell of the night Boko Haram militants brought terror to a Nigerian girls' school.
From the rest, silence. No sign of where they had been taken or what could have happened to them for almost two years, even as the world screamed #BringBackOurGirls.

Hundreds of parents left, day after day, night after night, and then months with no information.

Until now.

CNN obtained a video of some of the "Chibok Girls" sent to negotiators by their captors as a "proof of life."

The video had been seen by negotiators and some members of the government.

But no one had shown the parents. Until now.

Rifkatu Ayuba catches sight of her long-lost, desperately missed, now 17-year-old. "My Saratu!" she wails, reaching out to a laptop screen, the closest she's been to her child in two years. She is desperate to comfort her little girl, but helpless.

Saratu Ayuba is one of 15 girls seen in the recording shown to some of the families for the first time at an emotional meeting this week. Wearing a purple abaya, with a patterned brown scarf covering her hair, Saratu stares directly into the camera.

"I felt like removing her from the screen," Ayuba tells us, desperate to pluck Saratu from the mysterious location where she is being held and bring her home. "If I could, I would have removed her from the screen."
The video is believed to have been made last December as part of negotiations between the government and Boko Haram.

It was released by someone keen to give the girls' parents hope that some of their daughters are still alive, and to motivate the government to help release them.

The girls, their hair covered and wearing long, flowing robes, line up against a dirty yellow wall. They show no obvious signs of maltreatment.
[/b]

In summary, there's a video of 15 of the Chibok girls the Government has had since December 2015, which CNN has now shown to the parents.

With the girls identified by the parents and some of their fellow classmates, I hope nobody is still out there calling this a scam.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by babestella: 6:51pm On May 22, 2016
That Borno governor Mordu Sherrif is behind the missing Chibok girls and he knows where they are. The truth is unfolding and they'll wish they had released all of them at once, but they can't because their lies will definitely be busted by these girls who will come out and tell different conflicting stories. But we are waiting and watching.

You can argue with yourself.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Bgorgeous: 7:02pm On May 22, 2016
And so? BBC what is your business
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by BushidoBlue(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2016
[size=22pt]It had to take BBC to reset the skulls of zombies to reason objectively[/size]
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by BushidoBlue(m): 7:20pm On May 22, 2016
babestella:
That Borno governor Mordu Sherrif is behind the missing Chibok girls and he knows where they are. The truth is unfolding and they'll wish they had released all of them at once, but they can't because their lies will definitely be busted by these girls who will come out and tell different conflicting stories. But we are waiting and watching.

You can argue with yourself.

But oga madam, the governor of Borno is APC shetima

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by SonOfEl(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2016
Sheriff, shettima, and co, should tell Nigerians where they sacrificed the freedom of over 200 girls on the altar of gej-must-go.....

They are releasing the girls in trickles...heartless political pigs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 22, 2016
Thank God, someone has agreed with my thought yet unspoken..

The only thing I know by intuition and what surfaced the Internet without any future knowledge is

1. The acclaimed rescued Chibok girl was never rescued by any combat...

2. The girl countenance in some of the pics shows she is under duress to express herself as a freed prisoner.. Yet her skin tone doesn't show she has been living in the acclaimed desert

3. Remember how diffrent name surfaced the Net... It show some media group had no time to verify the girls name but instead they was interested in the hype.

4. Her husband in the pics explained everything... Pls explain to me how can a whole Nigeria army with their rude attitude see a BOKO Haram responsible for acclaimed kidnap and allows him to look fresh in the pics I saw.. He must have been separated and forced to produce more information for other release.

In all I pity the Man... Pity some gullible Nigerians beclouded by tribal and religious sentiments......

BBC said what is exactly what I think...

That girl has been living happily with her cute husband... Discovered or personally returned home and people who noticed her.. Took the news up and Nigerian army desperate for new news for Baba 29 day speech cooked a story immediately without knowing other body already knows the true version of the story..

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by DanielPop(m): 7:29pm On May 22, 2016
Why are u celebrating a lie? Oya, who rescued Amina Ali or Amina Mbalala or whatever her name is assuming they have reached consensus on what name she should bear! grin Also, who is Sarah Luka and how is she a final year student and a JSS student at the same time? grin grin.
Bobbysworld28:

I dont knw when u became this daft. Dem do u? Ur hero lost those girls and many others. U really shouldn't be talking abt this. Well sha, u all r pathetic.
Any parent will welcome d rescue but u clowns with no conscience will always be in denial dt d disaster called GEJ was ready to lose Nigeria to BH
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38pm On May 22, 2016
BushidoBlue:
It had to take BBC to reset the skulls of zombies to reason objectively

Official statements said the freed Chibok Girl had been rescued in a military operation. But a source told the BBC she said she was found by a vigilante group in a village where she had sought refuge from Boko Haram... BBC

"Troops of 25 Brigade Damboa in conjunction with Civilian JTF deployed in one of the blocking positions at Baale, near Damboa rescued one Miss Amina Ali and a suspected Boko Haram terrorist, Mohammed Hayatu, who claimed to be her husband," according to a military statement.
She was nursing a 4-month-old girl the military said was named Safiya... Military Statement to CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/18/africa/nigeria-chibok-girl-found/

It is sad that people are ready to go all length to discredit the Nigerian Military from the rescue of Amina Ali and play down the rescue of Sarah Luka.

The Civilian JTF was posted in that region by the Army. The Civilian JTF are under the protection of the Army. They have never denied they are not working with the Army and that is why the Civilian JTF handed Amina Ali to the custody of the Army.

Amina Ali would not walk free from Sambisa Forest to be found if not the operation of our Military.

So it is pathetic people are disrespecting our Soldiers who have sacrificed much, liberated towns, rescued hundreds of people and saved lives.

God Bless Our Military Officers.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by cynosure489: 7:42pm On May 22, 2016
If this article is meant to test comprehension, many who have commented wouldn't smell pass mark - probably out of sentiment and not because they are actualy dull.

Hate and reason are no friends if you ask me though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
Thank God, someone has agreed with my thought yet unspoken..

The only thing I know by intuition and what surfaced the Internet without any future knowledge is

1. The acclaimed rescued Chibok girl was never rescued by any combat...

2. The girl countenance in some of the pics shows she is under duress to express herself as a freed prisoner.. Yet her skin tone doesn't show she has been living in the acclaimed desert

3. Remember how diffrent name surfaced the Net... It show some media group had no time to verify the girls name but instead they was interested in the hype.

4. Her husband in the pics explained everything... Pls explain to me how can a whole Nigeria army with their rude attitude see a BOKO Haram responsible for acclaimed kidnap and allows him to look fresh in the pics I saw.. He must have been separated and forced to produce more information for other release.

In all I pity the Man... Pity some gullible Nigerians beclouded by tribal and religious sentiments......

BBC said what is exactly what I think...

That girl has been living happily with her cute husband... Discovered or personally returned home and people who noticed her.. Took the news up and Nigerian army desperate for new news for Baba 29 day speech cooked a story immediately without knowing other body already knows the true version of the story..

Did BBC say anything tangible in that article or they said what you want to hear?

Do you think Amina Ali would walk free if not the Army operations in Sambisa Forest?

Nigerian soldiers have infiltrated the forest and driven the militants from some of their territory... CNN

Them man in the picture with Amina is her brother. The Army held her so called Husband as a Boko Haram suspect.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2016
It is sad a lot of Nigerians are quick to celebrate any bad news about our military who are putting their lives on the line to save captives of Boko Haram.

Our Military are in the forest carrying out military operations and the freed people are walking out.

The Military posted some Civilian JTF to monitor those coming out and Amina Ali happened to be one of those that came.

Yet people and this pako journalist wants to make it look as if Amina was rescued by a military operation.

I wish this journalist can tell me if Amina would be found without the intervention of our gallant military officers.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by stankezzy: 8:05pm On May 22, 2016
apcheat

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 22, 2016
@thegoodjoe the way u refute any statement that is in doubt of Nigeria army press news of Amina Ali makes we wonder if u are paid to see Nigerians on Nairaland don't see another verse other than that in circulation by NA. The truth is that major international community didn't take the news serious cause of there is some shade to it that's is apparent to any discerning mind.....

The attention given to the girls also show reckless abandon by the president and his desperate search for recommendation.....

I think NA claiming the girls was rescued in a joint operation in sambisa is the only reason CNN has to trow more shades on it....

Also know the main media that has been propaganding for the rescue of Chibok Girls is same CNN u are calling names...

Lets call a spade a spade..
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by graphiti: 8:38pm On May 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That's why they are zombies

EasternActivist:

Exactly grin

TB My gee, I like ur style joor!

After leaving d ipads/Ipod in d lurch thru ur condemnation of biafra, u are gradually gaining their "likes" small-small!

Those wailers sure have short memories.
Hehehehehe!

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Official statements said the freed Chibok Girl had been rescued in a military operation. But a source told the BBC she said she was found by a vigilante group in a village where she had sought refuge from Boko Haram... BBC

"Troops of 25 Brigade Damboa in conjunction with Civilian JTF deployed in one of the blocking positions at Baale, near Damboa rescued one Miss Amina Ali and a suspected Boko Haram terrorist, Mohammed Hayatu, who claimed to be her husband," according to a military statement.
She was nursing a 4-month-old girl the military said was named Safiya... Military Statement to CNN.

It is sad that people are ready to go all length to discredit the Nigerian Military from the rescue of Amina Ali and play down the rescue of Sarah Luka.

The Civilian JTF was posted in that region by the Army. The Civilian JTF are under the protection of the Army. They have never denied they are not working with the Army and that is why the Civilian JTF handed Amina Ali to the custody of the Army.

Amina Ali would not walk free from Sambisa Forest to be found if not the operation of our Military.

So it is pathetic people are disrespecting our Soldiers who have sacrificed much, liberated towns, rescued hundreds of people and saved lives.

God Bless Our Military Officers.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 22, 2016
DanielPop:
Why are u celebrating a lie? Oya, who rescued Amina Ali or Amina Mbalala or whatever her name is assuming they have reached consensus on what name she should bear! grin Also, who is Sarah Luka and how is she a final year student and a JSS student at the same time? grin grin.

Pls make up ur mind where u stand.
Do u now agree dt there were kidnappings?
Yes or no will do
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by graphiti: 9:10pm On May 22, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Pls make up ur mind where u stand.
Do u now agree dt there were kidnappings?
Yes or no will do

They don't believe in chibok abductions but they argue dt d girl(s) were not d abducted chibok girls/were not set free by d military but by C-JTF!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by nenergy(m): 9:40pm On May 22, 2016
oloriooko:
The NA has turned political and embarrassing itself in the name of fulfilling PMB pre election promise
Na today dem turn political? Have you forgotten how GEJ used them to postpone elections?
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 22, 2016
MUVA:
Radicallyblunt kindly mention me when you get this.
Hi MUVA sorry I got this late. Had a busy day

The present nigerian government has a lot of misfortune to tackle. Those chibok girls are far gone. The epilleptic pace of naija investigation couldn't rescue d gals when they were kidnapped afresh let alone now that they're far gone and some dead with bombs

PMB himself couldn't face d crowd and tell d blunt truth how she was found instead of wrapping it up in a lie of being rescued by NA troops. She wasn't even recognized as one of d school gals kidnapped. How could she when there's poor record of students' biodata in sch.

Indeed nigeria is a fantastically corrupt country.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=mykl01 post=45874426][/quote]

This is not about Politics and I will never stand against our gallant soldiers who put their bodies in front of the bullets to protect us.

This is not about supporting APC or PDP. This is about people's children who are in war to bring back people from captivity and save lives.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:05pm On May 22, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
@thegoodjoe the way u refute any statement that is in doubt of Nigeria army press news of Amina Ali makes we wonder if u are paid to see Nigerians on Nairaland don't see another verse other than that in circulation by NA. The truth is that major international community didn't take the news serious cause of there is some shade to it that's is apparent to any discerning mind.....

The attention given to the girls also show reckless abandon by the president and his desperate search for recommendation.....

I think NA claiming the girls was rescued in a joint operation in sambisa is the only reason CNN has to trow more shades on it....

Also know the main media that has been propaganding for the rescue of Chibok Girls is same CNN u are calling names...

Lets call a spade a spade..

Call a Spade a Spade. Are you saying you do not know that our military is heading the operations in Sambisa Forest?

So how is it not a military rescue? Why was she handed over to the Army, if it is the Civilian JTF doing the work?
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by innocent1(m): 11:08pm On May 22, 2016
I wish am a movie producer, I don't need to crack my brain thinking of what script to write, APC government is a good script to make a good movie. cool ACTION!
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10pm On May 22, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Hi MUVA sorry I got this late. Had a busy day

The present nigerian government has a lot of misfortune to tackle. Those chibok girls are far gone. The epilleptic pace of naija investigation couldn't rescue d gals when they were kidnapped afresh let alone now that they're far gone and some dead with bombs

PMB himself couldn't face d crowd and tell d blunt truth how she was found instead of wrapping it up in a lie of being rescued by NA troops. She wasn't even recognized as one of d school gals kidnapped. How could she when there's poor record of students' biodata in sch.

Indeed nigeria is a fantastically corrupt country.

Serah Luka, who was rescued Thursday, did attend the school, but wasn't abducted at the same time as the 276 taken from the school on April 14, 2014, according to Bukky Shonibare of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/19/africa/nigeria-chibok-girl-escape/
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2016
innocent1:
I wish am a movie producer, I don't need to crack my brain thinking of what script to write, APC government is a good script to make a good movie. cool ACTION!

Continue talking movie script while a lot of Nigerians died in the hands of Boko Haram with hundreds of dead bodies in Damasak alone.

Hundreds of girls and women rescued. A lot of our young soldiers dead and others in harm's way.

Amina Ali returned a broken girl, pregnant and with a baby. Yet, you guys are talking movie script. It might be a movie script to you but families are in pains and tears looking for their children.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by DedeNkem: 4:21am On May 23, 2016
Buhari is becoming worse everyday.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by Nobody: 6:18am On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

This is not about Politics and I will never stand against our gallant soldiers who put their bodies in front of the bullets to protect us.

This is not about supporting APC or PDP. This is about people's children who are in war to bring back people from captivity and save lives.

grin grin grin
I see undecided
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by jaybee(f): 6:43am On May 23, 2016
victorels:
I THINK BBC IS PRAISING THE NA. They are only blasting the Nigerian media for making Chibok girls a priority.

You have just summerised the whole writeup. Its actually pathetic how people can not comprehend a simple article. They read a story and gives it their own meaning.
Re: Why Nigeria Was Quick To Trumpet The Chibok Rescue- Bbc by louis95(m): 7:18am On May 23, 2016
thunder fire dem all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dubai Properties: Panel Probes Magu / Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister / Peter Obi Visits Gani Adams (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.