Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben (2363 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Give Fulani 1-month Quit Notice, List Oil Installations... / "Expect More Bloodshed In Benue, Bosso, If...." - Miyetti Allah Leader Warns / Professionals Bombing Oil Installations – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Ohammadike: 12:10pm On May 22, 2016
The renewed attacks on oil and gas facilities in the Niger Delta region may in no way be nearing an end following the recent threat by the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA). The group has restated its threat to carry on with the bombing of oil installations in the region until the Federal Government accedes to its demands.

NDA, a new militant group, had taken up arms against the government in what it claimed to be its own way of pressing for fair deal for the people of Niger Delta, especially in the allocation of oil blocs.

NDA is also demanding release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, who has been in detention for close to five months. The group said it wants the release of the IPOB leader as part of conditions for ceasation of hostility in the region.

Besides the conditions, the group has also issued a quit notice to former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and General Theophilus Danjuma, to vacate the Niger Delta area or face dire consequences.

The group recently gave a twoweek deadline to multi-national oil firms to vacate the region, reiterating its threat to cripple the nation’s economy.

The Niger Delta Avengers’ threat is coming against the backdrop of the claim by some former militant leaders who reportedly denied being part of the amnesty programme put in place by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

Sunday Sun gathered that some of the militant leaders are currently regrouping and spoiling for war against the Federal Government.

Notable among these emerging groups is a group known as the Concerned Militant Leaders (CML), which existence came to public consciousness shortly after the arrest, detention and the incarceration of the leader of the lndigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Director, Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

CML’s solidarity with the detained IPOB leader was preceded by the call by Niger Delta People’s Democratic Front (NDPDF) for his release. The Niger Delta People’s Democratic Front (NDPDF) is led by Precious Iyoyo (aka General Playboy). The group had warned the Federal Government of the consequences of keeping Kanu in detention, describing it as provocative.

CML, through its spokesperson, who preferred to be addressed as General Ben, had earlier in January, given a 31- day ultimatum to the Federal Government to release Kanu, and vowed to launch attacks on oil installations as well as Federal Government establishments.

The group had also warned that failure to release Kanu could force it to resort to the kidnapping of expatriates.

Sunday Sun gathered that CML’s operations transcend the Niger Delta region.

This same group, it was gathered, was alleged to be responsible for the attack on a merchant ship in February. The incident happened before the expiration of 31-day ultimatum given by the CML.

In a statement released online, General Ben admitted that his group carried out the operation, off Bakassi Peninsula on Nigerian waterways. He threatened

that his men would blow up the vessel and members of the crew onboard, adding that the attack was carried out, “to let the government know that the group does not make empty threats.”

Reacting to the group’s threat, the Federal Government had threatened to treat the group like common criminals and saboteurs. Not deterred by the threat, the group followed up with more attacks and blowing up of oil pipelines, as well as killings of security personnel.

Sunday Sun gathered that the warlords are enjoying the backing of some retired military officers who feel disgruntled over their premature retirement from service. But, the CML has severally denied this.

Reacting to the claim, General Ben said the group had been on the struggle for many years, adding that CML is moved by the realities in the country and not influenced by any individual because, according to him, the supposed backers could turn out to be saboteurs.

“Nobody is pushing us; we are the ones pushing ourselves because nobody is a blind man in this country. The injustice, the marginalization going on

in this country is very clear. There is so much hardship, poverty in this country and a few persons are controlling our commonwealth, while we are dying of hunger. How can we be happy in a situation like this?

“Even if we are being backed up, does it really matter? If millions of people are suffering and few individuals are acquiring wealth here and there, who is selfish? We are saying that Nigerian government is selfish and we must resist that.

“To us, the Federal Government has no case against Nnamdi Kanu. If they refuse to let him go, we will refuse to let them have peace. There is no law in Nigeria.

The laws are targeted at the poor, not the rich. Court would say release this person; government would refuse. So, there is no law because some individuals seem to be above law. There is high level of impunity in this country.

“That is why we have decided to leave this country to another where there would be rule of law. And that is Biafra. We strongly believe we would achieve it by the grace of God. We are undaunted. It is obvious. Nothing would make us back out from the struggle.

It is a vow. Look at the South-south region, the nation’s source of wealth for instance. What shows that we are part of the country? You use the money from this region to develop other areas and impoverish us,” he said.

General Ben said that CML is part of the NDA, stating that his group is in support of the two-week ultimatum issued by Niger Delta Avengers to the oil firms in the region. Similarly, the CML spokesman restated the group’s earlier order that Fulani herdsmen should leave the region.

On the attacks on oil facilities, General Ben gave kudos to the NDA warriors, describing the group’s activities as a welcome development to liberate the

Niger Delta region and their brothers in South-east. He warned that their next targets would be Exxonmobil and Frontier Oil firms.

“What can forestall the execution of this operation is for the authorities concerned to pay prompt attention to the issues that necessitated this agitation.

We want to cripple the economy of the country and to show the people ruling this country that, militancy now is not and will not be what they witnessed several years ago. We are reformed and have learnt from the past.”

On the likely consequences of the military/militants war already declared by the Defence Headquarters, the CML spokesperson said it was unfortunate that innocent people might be affected but he added that it was the price such people might have to pay.

Reacting to a recent statement, where another group of militants condemned the recent activities of NDA, the CML spokesperson described them as sellouts.

He said they were few individuals that had ‘dined with Federal Government’.

“We will not reply them; but we will surprise them beyond their imagination.

These persons know that they have nothing to say or do. The people countering us are those that have dined with Federal Government. We are not going to reply them. We are going to surprise them.
http://sunnewsonline.com/expect-more-attacks-on-oil-installations-militant-leader-gen-ben/

4 Likes

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by ascek(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2016
Please don't stop o

8 Likes

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by sleazy5(m): 12:16pm On May 22, 2016
This is becoming more serious. Matters like this needs ultimately delicate approaches....
Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Amiano(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2016
Watching hw d dulladino will handle dis issue of NDA

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by nnachukz(m): 12:19pm On May 22, 2016
Just a little diplomacy the dullard can not employ to settle scores. Unfortunately no one cares to look his face as it keeps getting hotter. Even his body odor can no longer be perceived by any part of our economy.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by APCHaram: 12:21pm On May 22, 2016
Bomb them back to cocoa and groundnuts era

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by pedrilo: 12:27pm On May 22, 2016
With the fact that they own oil blocks in ND (Atiku and TY Danjuma), which investment to create jobs can they boast of in ND? But they keep opening factories in northern Nigeria with oil money from ND. Some people will have to go elsewhere to source for money to develop their region mehn. We need development in our region too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by fiizznation: 12:29pm On May 22, 2016
Yeah keep up with the good work. Blow up YOUR lands. Oh least I forget, daura is the place that will be affected by oil spillage or gas flaring. Please don't stop. Lolx

2 Likes

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Lvlink(f): 12:29pm On May 22, 2016
Yet they say South South is not part of Biafra!

Now the NDA, CML and all other NDM in the South South has suddenly become IPODs.

gringringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Joel3(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2016
The America War College.

if indeed a Certificateless man like Buhari truly attend the America War College then there are so many issues that calls for concern.

We need to be bothered of the curriculum of War College at that time. What was taught and what was required from applicants.

The war college claimed that the study's is equivalent to a Master Degree. And Buhari is among their Alumni. This is something the rest of the world need to be worried about.

Those who helped to package buhari during the last election were not able to package him further or maybe he sacks them. a militarist who tended electricity bill and affidavit as a certificate.

The Americans who houses the War College doesn't live like a militarist.

We need to investigate the war college if their claims are true. Or maybe they were bribe by APC during the last election considering the fact that the Western Media also help to install Buhari as president in Nigeria.

Buhari who insult Israel in diplomatic to Muslim nation forgetting that Israel is capable of wiping Nigeria states with nukes. and also went further to collect Islamic loans.

Islamic loans comes with signing Islamic policy in a circular state like Nigeria. The oil which is the main stay of the circular economy comes from the Christian south the Niger Delta. Which will be used to pay back the Islamic loan. Why is buhari dragging Nigeria to Islamic nation

and know buhari is unleashing herdsmen on poor citizens and Biafra. in rick Ross voice this nigga want hold me back.

5 Likes

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by EasternActivist: 12:33pm On May 22, 2016
Every Nigerian should go back to farming... Enough of the laziness...

I stand with the NDA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by hurricaneChris: 12:34pm On May 22, 2016
Interesting.
Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by UmuEri(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2016
The Lagos - Ibadan One Nijiriya people will not like this ooooo

tongue tongue

I told them Nnamdi Kanu is the Nightmare of this contraption, but they thought it was a joke! Now he has unified the South South and the South East towards one struggle!

What can I say but......

We thank Chukwu Okike Abiama

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by SeverusSnape(m): 12:36pm On May 22, 2016
fiizznation:
Yeah keep up with the good work. Blow up YOUR lands. Oh least I forget, daura is the place that will be affected by oil spillage or gas flaring. Please don't stop. Lolx
See him, He's feigning laughter, but deep inside, He's seething with rage. Sorry bro, no more oil money for you. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by fiizznation: 12:37pm On May 22, 2016
EasternActivist:

I stand with the NDA
Yeah let the bombs keep going off in the creeks. I'm totally in their support on this.Funny people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by SeverusSnape(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2016
Shame on his royal dullness Buhari.

It seems the hailing he's receiving from his zombie horde is getting into his head, That will be his doom. Since he doesn't want to accept dialogue, Let's see what his dull brain will come out with.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
Agunechemba1:
The beginning of the end of One Nigeria.
*Then South West can forever live with their masters in Nigeria.

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by thekingisback: 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
We've fed this country for too long. Enough is enough.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by maxxx(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2016
This is a very serious matter,cos the major revenue base of Nigeria is in jeopardy.But the worst of my fears is that the current leadership doesn't have diplomacy as it's strongest point.It might resort to confrontation/war which will worsen the whole situation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by mbaboy(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2016
Nigeria is going down the drain gradually and urgent steps need to be taken to avert disintegration. Buhari should be advised to follow rule of law. The militants have genuine reasons but their approach I condemn totally. I think that's the payback for calling us 5percent.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by knightsTempler: 12:45pm On May 22, 2016
Within the last 48 hours Fulani jihadists struck in Benue and Ekiti State. When will Buhari disarm and "crushed" them.

***Is "crushing" good only for Niger Delta Avengers and Biafrans that have not killed a soul?

1. Slaughtered 60 in Benue

2. Slaughtered 2 people and left several others injured in Oke Ako community in Ikole Local government, Ekiti State.

3.They invade Oke Ako Friday Night about 8pm

4. When the community reported to the police they demanded N12,000 before they swung into action.

5. Smart police, they were not really after the money, they were buying time, they are afraid to die.

6. Fulani murderers have more sophisticated weapons than police and they out numbered the police.

7. Also police are aware their godfather is the president, and they have the support of northern leaders.

8. Remember when they slaughtered 109 people in Enugu, 19 northern governors met, instead of condemning the attack they were angry that Fulanis were called criminals, they said Igbos started kidnapping. No sympathy for the victims.

9. When is Buhari government going to "crushed" Fulani herdsmen. He ordered Niger Delta Avengers and Biafrans to be crushed.

10. When are Fulani herdsmen going to be disarmed?

11. For those hypnotized apc members who are ready to follow Buhari and Fulanis to grave. Here is my warning, Fulani killers do not discriminate between apc and pdp, ask Ekiti people, ask Enugu people, ask Benue people, ask Plateau people, ask Delta people.

12. Fulani Jihadist have surrounded the country, they are everywhere, every community in Nigeria. They are more than 1 million jihadist all sophisticatedly armed.

13. They are trained and armed by retired and serving Fulani military officers.

14. Meanwhile a bill to Islamize Nigeria has passed 2 readings in the house of representation, without a single objection.

15. Islamization of Nigeria is doable today. They have the Fulani Jihadists in all communities in Nigeria, just waiting for orders.

16. The only community in Nigeria that can resist them is the Ijaws. They defeated the Plateau warriors, its will be a walk over for fear fear southerners where traitors, and Fulani defenders are many.

17. This is possible partly because an average Nigerian is selfish, if we are not affected directly we dont care if you behead their neighbor, until we become the victims.

18. If 109 Americans were executed in cold blood like it was done in Enugu. The engine of the country will stop immediately until the problem is fixed. The president, lawmakers, citizens and the press will not go to sleep until justice is done.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Sunnynwa: 12:50pm On May 22, 2016
fiizznation:

Has the song changed from "Buhari will crush them"?

6 Likes

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by fiizznation: 12:51pm On May 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

See him, He's feigning laughter, but deep inside, He's seething with rage. Sorry bro, no more oil money for you. grin
Neah you see when they{militants} started the pipelines vandalism and all those other stuffs, I was angry at that time. I was angry because they are destroying their lands. I was angry because they are putting their people out of jobs. I was angry because they are chasing away any potential investor from their land. I was angry because they are destroying their waters. I was angry because the average Nigerian will be affected by their silly acts. And today, Is that anger still raging in me? I will tell you NO my friend. And you know why am not angry again? Yeah simple. You can't always help someone who doesn't want to help himself. Seriously lad, I don't care about whatever the militants do in Niger/delta again.

So join me, let's watch how the boom-boom-boom continues

2 Likes

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Agunechemba1(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2016
EasternActivist:

I stand with the NDA

See you in seven days time.. I made that statement and got seven days ban. I just returned yesterday

1 Like

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by SeverusSnape(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2016
fiizznation:
[s]Neah you see when they{militants} started the pipelines vandalism and all those other stuffs, I was angry at that time. I was angry because they are destroying their lands. I was angry because they are putting their people out of jobs. I was angry because they are chasing away any potential investor from their land. I was angry because they are destroying their waters. I was angry because the average Nigerian will be affected by their silly acts. And today, Is that anger still raging in me? I will tell you NO my friend. And you know why am not angry again? Yeah simple. You can't always help someone who doesn't want to help himself. Seriously lad, I don't care about whatever the militants do in Niger/delta again.

So join me, let's watch how the boom-boom-boom continues
[/s]

grin you were angry because they were destroying their land??... Liar, we all know why you're angry, and it's because of the oil and for the fact they are frustrating the government of the dullardeen. Since when did you people start caring about the Niger Delta?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by Ooni: 12:55pm On May 22, 2016
Someone wrote and article and predicted a civil war.
That Kanu guy may actually be more powerful than most of us think

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by drss(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
if d north can cripple GEJ govt with boko haram because of power, niger delta avengers reserve d right to switch off their oyel.
NDA Supporter.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by drss(m): 1:03pm On May 22, 2016
Ooni:
Someone wrote and article and predicted a civil war.

That Kanu guy may actually be more powerful than most of us think
kanu is d man dat knows d evil schemes of northern born to rule extremist in n out. dats why dem hate am. northerners prefare sheekau d terrorist to kanu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by drss(m): 1:06pm On May 22, 2016
mbaboy:
Nigeria is going down the drain gradually and urgent steps need to be taken to avert disintegration. Buhari should be advised to follow rule of law. The militants have genuine reasons but their approach I condemn totally. I think that's the payback for calling us 5percent.
d faster nigeria goes down d drain d beta for everyone. nigeria has expired.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by EasternActivist: 1:08pm On May 22, 2016
Agunechemba1:

See you in seven days time.. I made that statement and got seven days ban. I just returned yesterday

What did the mod say what's your offence?

1 Like

Re: Expect More Attacks On Oil Installations- NDA Spokesman, General Ben by drss(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2016
nnachukz:
Just a little diplomacy the dullard can not employ to settle scores. Unfortunately no one cares to look his face as it keeps getting hotter. Even his body odor can no longer be perceived by any part of our economy.
buari dullard too ancient to understand modern governance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Borno Man Saw In Remi Tinubu Four Days Ago By Isa Gusau / World Bank,IMF To Reject Loan To Nigeria Due To Lack Of Macroeconomic Framework / Mass Protest In Uromi For Suspension Of The KING By Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.