Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? (22548 Views)

How Relevant Is CIBN Certification In Nigeria/globally / National Trade Test Certificate - How Relevant It Is? / Shorthand Still Relevant Or Not In Secretariat Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55am On May 23, 2016
Ramanto:

Because Of Fear Of Maths Abi? Lol
part of it Sha.... Bt psych is cool too... Just that it's not really marketable in Nigeria
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by wacoj(m): 9:55am On May 23, 2016
The truth is that you must step up ur game to be relevant with any of these courses.
I have a B.Sc in Accountancy and also Chartered with years of experience.

But If I am to advise you, It is better you go for Economics and do ICAN or ACCA
which will also make you a chartered accountant. The advantage of doing so is that
it will give you a wider understanding of ECONOMICS and ACCOUNTING.

Just forget Business administration. Even a dropout in Alaba market can manage his business well enough.

3 Likes

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Abbey247: 10:03am On May 23, 2016
wacoj:
The truth is that you must step up ur game to be relevant with any of these courses.
I have a B.Sc in Accountancy and also Chartered with years of experience.

But If I am to advise you, It is better you go for Economics and do ICAN or ACCA
which will also make you a chartered accountant. The advantage of doing so is that
it will give you a wider understanding of ECONOMICS and ACCOUNTING.

Just forget Business administration. Even a dropout in Alaba market can manage his business well enough.
Good points... Eco and Accts are great courses...though studied accounting in d university,(also ACA in view) but still av interest in broad knowledge of economics
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 23, 2016
chalsixtus:

Lol, oga they are lots of calculations in economics beyond biz maths especially calculus
lol...I tink I haven't reach to that level ...
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by lukency(m): 10:25am On May 23, 2016
ACCOUNTING
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Junior66(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2016
bunmat007:
i go for Bus admin, not only cos is the course i studied but the for ability to MANAGE both economist and accountant as a manager.. #teamBUSADMIN
accounting and bis admin are small branches of economics. did u forget?
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by TheDavidAbraham(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2016
dejisky:
Accounting, because most Economics and Business Admin graduates are still switched to Accounting through ICAN or ACCA.

All the more reason why one should not focus on accounting at undergrad level.

I would say if one has the option of furthering their studies either by doing some professional courses or at master's level, then undergrad economics looks like the smart move. Economics is more challenging than the other two and gives you a solid grasp of principles which are indispensable for business. You can then decide to go the biz admin route by doing an MBA, or go the accounting route by obtaining a professional certification such as ICAN or ACCA. Switching to economics is nearly impossible without an economics qualification at undergrad level.

If you have solely the option of doing one of the three, i would advise that you opt for biz admin as it will give you a reasonable amount of knowledge in both economics and accounting, as well as other critical areas such as finance, operations, marketing and HR. Essentially, you will be able to fit in anywhere with a good biz admin degree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Gentlesoul96(m): 11:24am On May 23, 2016
Accounting is more lucrative than the other two..... Accountant is needed in every organization. In matuary sev, accountant is needed

1 Like

Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Gentlesoul96(m): 11:38am On May 23, 2016
Accounting is more lucrative than the other two..... Accountant is needed in every organization. In matuary sev, accountant is needed,Heaven also accountant is needed....We gat to account for our deeds
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Guyman02: 11:40am On May 23, 2016
Go for any course, as long as your papa is Atiku or PMB you will be 'targeted' and employed into CBN and NNPC
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 23, 2016
HartIse:
I'd have to say Economics, an idea of Economics gives one a glimpse of Accounting & Business Admin
proudly an Economics student.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by holluphemydavid(m): 1:27pm On May 23, 2016
menstrualpad:

Your ambition in life is?
Am actually a federal govt civil servants, so after my HND, I did financial mgt in my pgd, so I wnt to knw hw relevant is d course, though am changing to another course for my MSc
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by 2rutalk1: 1:46pm On May 23, 2016
sweetboiy:
economic don't even have that kind of maths...just business maths & statistics
Lol, Oga, I guess you are talking of Elementary Economics. It is easier to scale through in Acccounting if you are not so good in Maths than doing same in Economics. At a certain level, all these macro, micro, petroleum and other aspects of Economics you hear about turn to Mathematics. Try Economics at MSc level then you will understand what I am saying.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by wacoj(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2016
A common mistake most undergraduates do is believing that they will becoming managers
after studying business management. It is a serious fallacy. It doesn't work that way
except your father owns the company.

Ordinarily, an accounting graduates stands the chance of getting a job faster than the other two
except for banking industries that employees any graduate.

Every organization needs an Accountant but NOTE with B.Sc Accounting, you are not yet an Accountant
but stand the chance of being employed as a book keeper or graduate accountant.
but not all the Organizations need an economist or business admin graduate.

I am a chartered Accountant with a professional qualification with The Nigeria Institute of Management so I can manage any business well.
People can easily diversify nowadays... But I still maintain that ECONOMICS is the better option to start with.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Wislet(f): 4:48pm On May 23, 2016
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Alfredjones1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
I Can say Economics is very wide it provide one with Vast knowledge in the finance, Health, oil and gas, development among others.
From this aforementioned areas of Economics it obvious that with an Economic Degree one has the chances of selling himself in the labour market.
Both Accounting and Buz. Admin are good. But Economists are always Ahead
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by yetunsbay(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
No one is even talking of banking and finance.....hw lucrative.

Thou dnt knw hw banking sector in ds country turn to like this...employin any discipline....wts d faith of those who studied the course itself
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by Alfredjones1(m): 7:02am On Oct 12, 2016
Alfredjones1:
I Can say Economics is very wide it provide one with Vast knowledge in the finance, Health, oil and gas, development among others.
From this aforementioned areas of Economics it obvious that with an Economic Degree one has the chances of selling himself in the labour market.
Both Accounting and Buz. Admin are good. But Economists are always Ahead

Thanks very a lot, finally am now an economics student in Unimaid, i assure you that someday i wll post to notify you am a graduate...
Thanks Bro,.
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by trigar12(m): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2016
Business Admin is somehow easy no doubt. But you can work in various dpt like
Production dpt
Purchasing/proxurement dpt
Marketing etc
I am planning on doing ican when am done with school. It's very lucrative in Nigeria.
Economics is not a course that offers wide range of opportunities in Nigeria
Apart from working in a bank, where can economist work in this country?
Re: Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? by wisebolak43: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2017
Economists ar more relevant dan Accountant.economic situation decides d fate of business units & public sectors.in view of dis ICAN upgrade management account to d status of perfoemance management to accommodate micro economics & few element of macro economics into it.

Accountants ar much needed dan economist cos one economist can turnariund d economic condition but we need thousands of accountant to turbaround d fortune of business orgs & public sectors by incorporating prudent fin mgt,transparency,accountability & good report

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / My Job Is Ruining My Family / Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.