Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (581911 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2017
oyb:

Na so. Best to leave people to their bizarre conspiracy theories.

+1.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2017
tivta:

I honestly don't know why all these back and forth. When glo was misbehaving with their 3g, I simply switched to mtn, yes it is more expensive but far more reliable. If it is true what you say about Ntel blocking spectranet mifi, they are the ones who will loose money. For goodness sake this is a highly competitive marketplace, just move to a network with little or NO PROBLEMS...

+1.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:48am On Jul 10, 2017
bolish:

Actually this your statement doesn't add up imagine paying 12500, then after two days it starts misbehaving are you telling me you would abandon and move!!! *Tueh* Anyways I was able to change my mifi from that huawei brand having issues and it hasn't disconnected ever since. And it even worked on another spectranet brand mifi.

So that e5372 is the problem.

In other words, you did, in fact, move on? Wise fellow! gringringrin

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 10, 2017
fotyy:

It is ironic that the ones that really have dumb bizarre senseless theories are the same ones talking about bizarre theories

It was you who said you don't expect Ntel to block IMEIs yet when I said people also didn't expect Etisalat to default in their debt payments too ,you became mute

It was you who said Ntel never tried to market their mifi to you when it was senseless to try to market a mifi when your mifi didn't have any issues and you became mute

I also showed you a quote where Ntel said get our device and you were silent cos obviously can't stand the fact your expectations or dumb theories were proven to be thrash

It was you who said your e5372 swift device was working, yet when I proved it was only Spectranet you remained mute...btw since my post, 2 others have confirmed the Spectranet e5372 mifi don't work on Ntel anymore
Kid, I guess all 8 of us complaining have bizarre theories right?

anyone who argues with a fool ends up looking like one

i have been on nl for far to long to continue wasting energy arguing with single minded idiots who are not looking for solutions, but 'winning' meaningless internet arguments

who needs to venture into an echo chamber?

do not assume that my ignoring your rants means you have made a convincing case

your betters have told you. instead of whining and disturbing us, go and subscribe to a different network

clearly ntel is not meant for you

i am still posting this from my modem, with no worries smiley

the sort of idiot that thinks that any isp considers modems [a one time purchase item] as a significant source of income over actual data is just lucky that the internet is a democracy where every idiot is free to spew inanity.

if ntel were so bothered about modems and lock in, their modems would not be unlocked.

5 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2017
fotyy:

Please be holistic in your reasoning before getting your itching fingers to type! If you read carefully first before typing instead of typing first before reading, you would have seen that it is not the Network misbehaving! So your comparison with glo 3g doesn't add up. A Ntel mifi or a iPhone 7 with the same SIM will work, it is just Ntel blocking the Spectranet Huawei e5372 and not Ntel Network misbehaving in my area
Or did Glo block your device? Answer: NO

For goodness sake, I just subscribed 12,500 4 days before the block started...I even called them to pause my subscription cos it is useless since they have blocked my device, which they said they can't.
So I and the other 7 people should just move on and forget After paying for an active service and not lay Complaints right?

Based on this and most of your other posts on NL I've seen since you brought forth your problem with the E5372 vis-a-vis the ntel network, I honestly think you're a naturally combative and abusive person — and unnecessarily wordy to boot! Kai. I don't think it works.

Yep, that's my opinion, and mine only.

For me, it's: good luck with your subsequent posts.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
oyb:

anyone who argues with a fool ends up looking like one

i have been on nl for far to long to continue wasting energy arguing with single minded idiots who are not looking for solutions, but 'winning' meaningless internet arguments

who needs to venture into an echo chamber?

do not assume that my ignoring your rants means you have made a convincing case

your betters have told you. instead of whining and disturbing us, go and subscribe to a different network

clearly ntel is not meant for you

i am still posting this from my modem, with no worries smiley

the sort of idiot that thinks that any isp considers modems [a one time purchase item] as a significant source of income over actual data is just lucky that the internet is a democracy where every idiot is free to spew inanity.

if ntel were so bothered about modems and lock in, their modems would not be unlocked.

Well said; +1.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
oyb:

For real? All their modems are unlocked? Wow. If this is true then they can't possibly be the problem.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
You actually just showed why you would block below.. We DO NOT BLOCK... I have the right to present the companies activities to you from a technical perspective and observe QoE from the users here.

Btw, Didn't someone here ignorantly lay claims stating Ntel doesn't try to make you buy their own mifi? Well now you see your assertion was wrong ... I am making statement of fact, not assertions that are not factual. That someone DO NOT work for ntel..

The above quote is a bunch of crap! First Ntel nor Spectranet nor swift nor smile or other networks don't manufacture devices ! They just have partnerships with device manufacturers like ZTE, Huawei etc which lock the device to the network and may provide customised firmware on the device until you provide an unlock code and/or flash/install a different firmware on the device. But when it is unlocked it becomes free to use and nothing, I mean nothing the network can do apart from blocking the IMEI from connecting to their own Network!! They can't! I repeat they can't prevent or block the unlocked modem from working on other Networks that supports the band ....

FYI, when you buy a device, you have a right to lock to your network. The meaning of locking is that you can actually disable bands that are not supported by your network among other things. On your claim that nothing can be done by the network, well you can use FOTA to provide an upgrade to your devices (and you have a right to upgrade devices), which brings them back to normal state it was before people go to unlock them, hence the FOTA can lock the device back. so please know this can happen.

Now to put more holes in that crap shenanigans theory, why would Spectranet block the device from connecting specifically to only Ntel?? Yet the same Spectranet unlocked device works perfectly with Swift, Etisalat 4G, Smile and MTN 4G which supports the Huawei e5372 bands? Or has Spectranet, Swift, Smile, Etisalat and MTN suddenly merged and no longer competitors? - device procured by Telco are significantly different from their open market counterpart.

Thank you. let u move on by your continuous patronage.

fotyy:

You actually just showed why you would block below..

Btw, Didn't someone here ignorantly lay claims stating Ntel doesn't try to make you buy their own mifi? Well now you see your assertion was wrong

The above quote is a bunch of crap! First Ntel nor Spectranet nor swift nor smile or other networks don't manufacture devices ! They just have partnerships with device manufacturers like ZTE, Huawei etc which lock the device to the network and may provide customised firmware on the device until you provide an unlock code and/or flash/install a different firmware on the device. But when it is unlocked it becomes free to use and nothing, I mean nothing the network can do apart from blocking the IMEI from connecting to their own Network!! They can't! I repeat they can't prevent or block the unlocked modem from working on other Networks that supports the band

If they could play shenanigans like you falsely claimed, they would have just locked back their device from unlock status back to lock status

So the only shenanigans here is coming from Ntel!

Now to put more holes in that crap shenanigans theory, why would Spectranet block the device from connecting specifically to only Ntel?? Yet the same Spectranet unlocked device works perfectly with Swift, Etisalat 4G, Smile and MTN 4G which supports the Huawei e5372 bands? Or has Spectranet, Swift, Smile, Etisalat and MTN suddenly merged and no longer competitors?

And you wrote " Go and buy a universal LTE modem or mifi that supports LTE bands 3 and 8".... but since when did Huawei e5372 stop supporting band 3 and band 8? It was supporting band 3 and 8 before Ntel became operational in Nigeria! Infact I have been using mine for months with Ntel before you guys decided to prevent it from successfully connecting to your Network as a strategy to make us ditch our working mifi device to buy your newly introduced mifi
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Loool. Wow

I didn't know this thread had been popping since.

I'll advise my people to just unlook. We've been too long on nairaland to engage in this type of inane conversations.

Nobody owes anyone a dot on this forum by way of response so just chill.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
tivta:

For real? All their modems are unlocked? Wow. If this is true then they can't possibly be the problem.

Yes their hardware are all unlocked.

The ones who sold universal router that works WITH ALL network in Nigeria unlocked, sold mifi unlocked, sold phones unlocked, has decided to lock just one random 3rd party mifi model. Just that single model, and not for every unit sef.

Because mine works, oyb's unit works, dudwu's unit works etc. We have immunity.

All other models work. They just don't like that particular model belonging to certain people on their Network.

End of gist

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Time registered: June 30 2017

No wonder. The account was created solely to vent.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Time registered: June 30 2917

Aha, many thanks for this info...it helps unravel the anomaly.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by puskin: 1:08am On Jul 11, 2017
fotyy:

Please, you have stated your Spectranet Mifi challenge, unfortunately no one has a solution to it or seems to understand what you are talking about.

I guess you just have to move on and seek for solution elsewhere.

You are heating up this thread and I would not like to it degenerate further than it is already.

So, nah beg I dey beg U...... quench your Spectranet Mifi challenge talk.
- it is not needed.
-people in here don't understand what you are talking about.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 11, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Time registered: June 30 2017

Actually I'm beginning to suspect the account is some Spectranet FUD trolling operation.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2017
fotyy:

End of Gist

Please do not quote, mention or address me again.

I have no desire to be the subject of your psychosis.

I already conceded victory to your warped sense of superiority of madness and even APOLOGIZED to you for replying you.

Having not mentioned you henceforth, I do not expect you to continue quoting and insulting me which you have done time and again.

Please respect your boundaries. Neither the members or Ntel handle here is able to assist you, so I do not know what else this thread has for you to warrant these lengthy outbursts.

Just stop mentioning or addressing me. Leave me out of it.

Thanks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2017
oyb:

Actually I'm beginning to suspect the account is some Spectranet FUD trolling operation.

Incidentally I thought it was a legitimate issue. Given that I once had that challenge with that mifi which I even made a thread for here :

https://www.nairaland.com/3689484/e5372s-601-wont-lock-4g-mtn

It was a MTN sim that was giving me issues then, so much that they even sent engineers down to investigate.

It was what made me miss the point, but we live and learn everyday.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 8:05am On Jul 11, 2017
@ntelassist
Is your nova phone unlocked?
If so what are the full range of bands it supports?
I am very interested
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2017
I don't blame the guy complaining, N12500 is a lot of money in this recession, the best advice is to count it as a loose, learn your mistakes and move on. I mean if your phone was stolen would you go to the police station to report? I mean Nigerian police station? You just move on and take better care of your phone next time. Yes stolen phone is not quite the same with this BUT people like me have lost far more than 12500 to mobile operators due to poor service. Life goes on.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2017
tivta:
I don't blame the guy complaining, N12500 is a lot of money in this recession, the best advice is to count it as a loose, learn your mistakes and move on. .

I'm not sure you understand the scenario.

How is the Telco responsible for a defective Mifi they didn't sell?

If your phone stops getting signal today, is it MTN fault?

The data and sim works fine. If the Telco says you should buy their own devices that they tested and can support, we will accuse them of all sorts.

It's funny because now it seems I'm defending Ntel that I'm always criticising, but facts are facts

Like I said, the issue isn't a new one with that device. I had a similar experience using MTN with it.

As for complaining, well if insulting everyone who made the mistake of commenting about the issue is complaining, the world has gone mad
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chumakk: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
fotyy:

And saddik, hodonnu, mowaa, chumakk, sojebrand device and others complaining are also Spectranet FUD throlling operation right?

May brain fall on that big but empty skull of yours
if you have solution state it

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.