Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577876 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by fotyy: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Does anyone know the alternative APN for Ntel?
I was using my Huawei e5372 successfully with Ntel using the 'ntel" APN.
But for days now, it hasn't been connecting. I thought it was the modem that had issues but when I used an active Spectranet SIM and then used a Swift Network SIM, both worked and browsed with Thier specific APNs

so anyone knows which other APN works with Ntel?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
fotyy:
But for days now, it hasn't been connecting. I thought it was the modem that had issues but when I used an active Spectranet SIM and then used a Swift Network SIM, both worked and browsed with Thier specific APNs

Do u have active data on ur ntel sim. delete the APN and try this website http://mc.ntel.com.ng/bundle-balance-page.php
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by fotyy: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
honsule:

Do u have active data on ur ntel sim. delete the APN and try this website http://mc.ntel.com.ng/bundle-balance-page.php

Yes I do have active data on my Ntel SIM and no the website doesn't open, I have tried that before writing my previous post

No one knows any alternative APN?
Called customer service and they seem clueless
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GreatHorizon: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Septre:

Thank you both so much. I have been unhappy since i bought my redmi 4a, because i could not get Smile 4G to work on it as the reason why i bought it was support for Smile's band 20. The Smile signal only came up when the wifi was on and went off as soon as you put the wifi off,so i felt the phone had issues and was hoping that update to Nougat would correct it. But as soon as i saw your post i decided to try it out and hurray the Smile 4G signal is live on my phone. Thank you, Thank you and thank you for sharing. That is why i hang around here than i do on facebook and my friends wonder Why cheesy cheesy grin

Wow! Nice I followed this thread again, I was finally able to set my disappearing Ntel 4G to stable on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro and also finally set my Swift 4G stable too on same phone with this Lil easy tweak.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Lol. What else did you expect them to tell you when there's mifi for sale and nobody is buying?

But does it get 3G service?

And did you try any other network sim?

If it passes any of those tests, then there's simply no Glo4G service at your end. It's not available everywhere yet

Edit: make è no be like say person too dey lie

See screenshots I've just taken of my Glo sim and Etisalat sim inside the router. Funny enough I didn't even need to set APN before it showed up.

It worked.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
Actually.. we are back. Sorry for tje break in transmission.

The FUP is no more applicable. So fire on..
oyb:

No information on their website and Ntelassist has disappeared
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
ntelassist:

grin Good you realized FUP no make sense
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
fotyy:

*deleted*
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hmmmm lipsrsealed
Dam5reey:

grin Good you realized FUP no make sense
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
ntelassist:

next question:

is the user known as 4llerbuntu aka ashipa1 of lagos aka 4llerbe on a speed blacklist?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
Heheheheheh... o ga.. we no know follerbe etc for our network o. If you got an MSISDN, etc. I can work with you. Email me. But actually. We dont blacklist users..
oyb:

next question:

is the user known as 4llerbuntu aka ashipa1 of lagos aka 4llerbe on a speed blacklist?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
ntelassist:
Heheheheheh... o ga.. we no know follerbe etc for our network o. If you got an MSISDN, etc. I can work with you. Email me. But actually. We dont blacklist users..

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Noted...
4llerbuntu:

Msisdn is 08045465941
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
You dont have an active bundle sir.

Your last bundle was a night plan purchased on July 1st and expired at midnight on july 3rd

Please renew your plan and enjky unlimited and quality internet service foe the duration you want.. ...

ntelassist:
Noted...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Isiboy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
pls how much can I get dis ntel sim and where I stay at agbado in Lagos state

thank u
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
fotyy:

The "vox" APN is for phone not for modem. Used only with phones for vox hd calls and it isn't an alternative APN for modem

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
ntelassist:
You dont have an active bundle sir.

Your last bundle was a night plan purchased on July 1st and expired at midnight on july 3rd

Please renew your plan and enjky unlimited and quality internet service foe the duration you want.. ...

At 100kbps?

Pay attention to the complaint please. As u can see I've abandoned the line for a while.

I tried the night plan a few days ago to check if y'all had repented. Over 2 days I'm not sure I managed 500Mb since the speed was terrible.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:

At 100kbps?

Pay attention to the complaint please. As u can see I've abandoned the line for a while.

I tried the night plan a few days ago to check if y'all had repented. Over 2 days I'm not sure I managed 500Mb since the speed was terrible.

to be frank, i have been firing 1.2mb/s most of the time, though the signal sometimes gets flaky. didnt want to mention that here as i was not sure if it was a fluke after which they would just go and clear the glitch in the system
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bolish(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please am having the same issue with my ntel on the same huawei spectranet WiFi!!! Number is 2348049784102. Please help check the line and again are you using another APN
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:
My E5372s -601 appears to be working fine with Ntel, as always.

Weird, there's full signal bars. Never seen that at home before

Does it improve the speed? Signal bar is nothing....
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 6:17am On Jul 07, 2017
Guys, can this Mifi be unlocked?

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2017
fotyy:

Don't think so, unless you are saying you use your mifi or router to make and receive calls directly on your mifi/router

Just used the vox apn on my modem and it works. I have never made a call on this line since I got it a year ago.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
just gotten an MTN 4g sim ,did a speed test and...

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
fotyy:

Don't think so, unless you are saying you use your mifi or router to make and receive calls directly on your mifi/router

Device Compatibility
Choose any category that matches your device specs, follow the instructions and enjoy a better experience on ntel 4G/LTE-Advanced

Voice and Data Over LTE
(ntel VOXHD App)
Is your device listed here? Then you can configure it for data and voice service via ntel VOXHD app
Device List
Configuration Steps
To get your phone to work on the ntel network for data services and voice services via VOXHD App;

Ensure that an ntel SIM is inserted in the phone
Go to settings
then More (in some phones)
Mobile Networks
Preferred Network Type
Select 4G only or LTE only
Go back
Click on Access Point Names
Click on the ‘+’ sign
Set name to ‘vox’
Set APN to ‘vox’
Click on the options and select save
Set the APN as the default/functional APN
If the LTE only option is not available, you will see the LTE/WCDMA/GSM (Auto) option.

Go to the phone dialer
Enter *#*#4636#*#*
Select Phone Information
Change network type to “LTE Only”
Go back and toggle airplane mode on/off
Network service showing 4G should be displayed on the phone now
Download the VOXHD App from Google Play

*deleted*
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
Dam5reey:

Does it improve the speed? Signal bar is nothing....

no it doesn't

but its still better.

i used to play Signal Hunt game daily. one struggle is better than two
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
LordReed:

Just used the vox apn on my modem and it works. I have never made a call on this line since I got it a year ago.

lol. thank you o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.