Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (581764 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
fotyy:

Definitely not on a Huawei e5372 mifi
Ntel is blocking connection of that specific device

Like throthling ,but this time not speed but connection to the network

*deleted*
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
bolish:
Please am having the same issue with my ntel on the same huawei spectranet WiFi!!! Number is 2348049784102. Please help check the line and again are you using another APN
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
fotyy:

You are sure you bought your sim before I got mine because you were there when I got mine or you gave me money to go buy mine right?
Bros speak for yourself , you don't know me nor neither are you sure you got yours before I did

Since in your own imagination you got the SIM before anyone else, why didn't you figure Ntel was blocking IMEIs from Huawei e5372? Since you are pretty sure you know or get things before everyone, Mr imaginator

The main crux of the matter or argument like you decided to put it, was the Huawei e5372 almost never connecting to the Ntel Network which you were clueless about, even after 5 people had noticed

Before then I thought it was my sim , so I tried a different active Ntel sim and still same issue...then I thought it was my modem but alas when I put an active Spectranet SIM and later an active Swift SIM with their corresponding APNs, it connected without any issues

Then I thought maybe it was the "ntel" APN, so I tried the "vox" APN and no it didn't work on the Huawei e5372 device and besides the website explicitly says it was APN for voice and that was why I specifically quoted the text from their website

I had contacted and visited the Ntel office and all they tried to push was to go for their newly introduced Ntel mifi feigning ignorance that it is likely a strategy to make people dump their Huawei e5372 and buy theirs by blocking IMEIs of such devices

Alrighty then. E never reach quarrel and all this epistle. They have blocked the Mifi noni.

At least we aren't responsible for the blocking. And given that what we are telling you isn't acceptable to you forget the issue then.

No vex eh.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
fotyy:

Definitely not on a Huawei e5372 mifi
Ntel is blocking connection of that specific device

Like throthling ,but this time not speed but connection to the network

Well fwiw my modem is a e5573. Never heard of this blocking. Why would they block a modem that has the capability to connect?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
fotyy:

Yes it hasn't reached quarrel and you brought this epistle, mine was to correct your inaccuracies

And who said you were responsible for the blocking?? You should forget giving wrong dead solutions.
We all should accept a flawed solution because your ego is bruised?
No vex Bros, but we will only accept a working Solution, so forget your wrong Pro tip

Biko Nwanne, no vex nau. Ma binu. Ndo. Ya kuri. Dan Allah

I dey ground dey prostrate. I'm very sorry.

No mind this my big mouth. As a small pikin, e dey happen say person fit go dey talk wrong, dead and flawed solutions.

I won't do it again sir. Please ehn. No vex oooooo

One love. Ntel na him cause the misyarn

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
i am using an E5372. i have been using it for as long as i have had an ntel connection and i am out of the house. i am using it right now.
i do not expect any isp to be interested in forcing their modem on anyone, as the real money is in the data charges

in particular, ntel has no interest or agenda in forcing anyone to use their modems. in all the times i went to their offices, they never tried to make me buy their modem. i actually regret not buying their zte desktop modem when it was still 30k. the modem is solid. There is an underground economy in unlocked modems because ntel does not push their modems at customers.

there must be some other issue with the fotyy's modem

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
Guys please let this issue be.

we can't be doing echo chamber posting.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bejeria101(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
LordReed:

Well fwiw my modem is a e5573. Never heard of this blocking. Why would they block a modem that has the capability to connect?

Abeg o i never buy my own o! Ntel biko lol
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
fotyy:

That is why I said definitely not e5372.
And I am glad there are 5 complaints on this already, happening at the same time, same specific Huawei e5372 and same specific Ntel Network

And no one has heard of the blocking either...it is unofficial, something that won't be stated in the open. If you call or visit their office , after running the normal troubleshooting as a formality, they try to market their newly introduced Ntel mifi device

Where did you get this modem?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hodonuu: 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
Yes I can confirm unlocked Spectranet branded huawei mifi e5372 doesn't connect to the Ntel Network for over a week now
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
The complaints are well noted and have been passed to right channels.

fotyy:
Ironically @ntelassist is Silent , even though I am positive he has seen all the complaints
Something he knows that we don't know?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
@all. ntel does not block any IMEI of any device. Why would we do that?

Secondly, if there is a device from another operator
And such device is cracked to work on the ntel network, there is a possiblity that blocking and other types of shenanigans can come from the previous operator. The device is theirs and they expect you to use it on their network. My advise is that. Go and buy a universal LTE modem or mifi that supports LTE bands 3 and 8. Or better still visit the ntel store and pick up one of the various Mifi devices amd get fantastic deals.

Shikena

LordReed:

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
@all. ntel does not block any IMEI of any device. Why would we do that?

Secondly, if there is a device from another operator
And such device is cracked to work on the ntel network, there is a possiblity that blocking and other types of shenanigans can come from the previous operator. The device is theirs and they expect you to use it on their network. My advise is that. Go and buy a universal LTE modem or mifi that supports LTE bands 3 and 8. Or better still visit the ntel store and pick up one of the various Mifi devices amd get fantastic deals.

hodonuu:
Yes I can confirm unlocked Spectranet branded huawei mifi e5372 doesn't connect to the Ntel Network for over a week now
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Need ur help guys, I was using my ntel line(with infinix s2) since morning and d signal was very strong, suddenly I couldn't get any signal, at times it will come for few seconds and disappear again, is there any solution pls
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by mowaa: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
ntelassist:
The complaints are well noted and have been passed to right channels.

I also have the same issue.
My Ntel not connecting to my Huawei device
Yes mine is Spectranet e5372 too
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by oloet: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2017
fotyy:

You actually just showed why you would block below

Btw, Didn't someone here ignorantly lay claims stating Ntel doesn't try to make you buy their own mifi? Well now you see your assertion was wrong

The above quote is a bunch of crap! First Ntel nor Spectranet nor swift nor smile or other networks don't manufacture devices ! They just have partnerships with device manufacturers like ZTE, Huawei etc which lock the device to the network and may provide customised firmware on the device until you provide an unlock code and/or flash/install a different firmware on the device. But when it is unlocked it becomes free to use and nothing, I mean nothing the network can do apart from blocking the IMEI from connecting to their own Network!! They can't! I repeat they can't prevent or block the unlocked modem from working on other Networks that supports the band

If they could play shenanigans like you falsely claimed, they would have just locked back their device from unlock status back to lock status

So the only shenanigans here is coming from Ntel!

Now to put more holes in that crap shenanigans theory, why would Spectranet block the device from connecting specifically to only Ntel?? Yet the same Spectranet unlocked device works perfectly with Swift, Etisalat 4G, Smile and MTN 4G which supports the Huawei e5372 bands? Or has Spectranet, Swift, Smile, Etisalat and MTN suddenly merged and no longer competitors?

And you wrote " Go and buy a universal LTE modem or mifi that supports LTE bands 3 and 8".... but since when did Huawei e5372 stop supporting band 3 and band 8? It was supporting band 3 and 8 before Ntel became operational in Nigeria! Infact I have been using mine for months with Ntel before you guys decided to prevent it from successfully connecting to your Network as a strategy to make us ditch our working mifi device to buy your newly introduced mifi
quite a logical thinking and conclusion.... may God bless your reasoning.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Guys please let this issue be.

we can't be doing echo chamber posting.

Na so. Best to leave people to their bizarre conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2017
fotyy:

You actually just showed why you would block below

Btw, Didn't someone here ignorantly lay claims stating Ntel doesn't try to make you buy their own mifi? Well now you see your assertion was wrong

The above quote is a bunch of crap! First Ntel nor Spectranet nor swift nor smile or other networks don't manufacture devices ! They just have partnerships with device manufacturers like ZTE, Huawei etc which lock the device to the network and may provide customised firmware on the device until you provide an unlock code and/or flash/install a different firmware on the device. But when it is unlocked it becomes free to use and nothing, I mean nothing the network can do apart from blocking the IMEI from connecting to their own Network!! They can't! I repeat they can't prevent or block the unlocked modem from working on other Networks that supports the band

If they could play shenanigans like you falsely claimed, they would have just locked back their device from unlock status back to lock status

So the only shenanigans here is coming from Ntel!

Now to put more holes in that crap shenanigans theory, why would Spectranet block the device from connecting specifically to only Ntel?? Yet the same Spectranet unlocked device works perfectly with Swift, Etisalat 4G, Smile and MTN 4G which supports the Huawei e5372 bands? Or has Spectranet, Swift, Smile, Etisalat and MTN suddenly merged and no longer competitors?

And you wrote " Go and buy a universal LTE modem or mifi that supports LTE bands 3 and 8".... but since when did Huawei e5372 stop supporting band 3 and band 8? It was supporting band 3 and 8 before Ntel became operational in Nigeria! Infact I have been using mine for months with Ntel before you guys decided to prevent it from successfully connecting to your Network as a strategy to make us ditch our working mifi device to buy your newly introduced mifi

I honestly don't know why all these back and forth. When glo was misbehaving with their 3g, I simply switched to mtn, yes it is more expensive but far more reliable. If it is true what you say about Ntel blocking spectranet mifi, they are the ones who will loose money. For goodness sake this is a highly competitive marketplace, just move to a network with little or NO PROBLEMS...

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bolish(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2017
tivta:

I honestly don't know why all these back and forth. When glo was misbehaving with their 3g, I simply switched to mtn, yes it is more expensive but far more reliable. If it is true what you say about Ntel blocking spectranet mifi, they are the ones who will loose money. For goodness sake this is a highly competitive marketplace, just move to a network with little or NO PROBLEMS...

Actually this your statement doesn't add up imagine paying 12500, then after two days it starts misbehaving are you telling me you would abandon and move!!! *Tueh* Anyways I was able to change my mifi from that huawei brand having issues and it hasn't disconnected ever since. And it even worked on another spectranet brand mifi.

So that e5372 is the problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.