Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577828 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
jimihendrix:
Good Morning guys,
My issue is very small, i bought my NTEL modem last year December, and i was assured that i could use if for any other sim. I finally used my glo sim on the ZTE device, however i was unable to connect to 4G and finally settled for 3G. I am very sure it supports LTE bands 3 & 8 however i cant seem to access 4G LTE, unless when i am using NTEL.

the LTE category os Cat6

Please does anyone have a solution to this?

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2017
4llerbuntu:

1. You need a 4G Glo sim. It's not the same as any other Glo sim. You must go to their office to swap your present line or buy a new one.

2. Glo sim doesn't connect to 4G without a data subscription. It will only connect to 3G if you don't have a data plan no matter what you do

3. You need to create a new apn for Glo. 'gloflat'

4. You might need to set your modem to 4G only

5. Are you sure there's Glo 4G service in your place?

Are you saying Ntel modem supports band 28 700mhz that glo uses?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
tivta:

Are you saying Ntel modem supports band 28 700mhz that glo uses?

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
4llerbuntu:

yes. the desktop router does.
i've posted screenshots of it on this thread before
Thanks but it is expensive oh, what about the mifi, does it support glo 4g?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
what is smile data like?

Do they have decent data plans like the spectranet 12k5 plus unlimited night download?

Smile is the only 4g network with strong signal here. But the plans I saw on there website no be here at all.

And their speed too.

their plans doesn't make sense at all. they kept on dashing me 1gb from time to time. i have even sold their Black Franklin mifi to a friend, since i couldn't unlock it. The only thing i enjoy is their data voice call. am still using it, that one makes sense.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EvilMetahuman: 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
honsule:

their plans doesn't make sense at all. they kept on dashing me 1gb from time to time. i have even sold their Black Franklin mifi to a friend, since i couldn't unlock it. The only thing i enjoy is their data voice call. am still using it, that one makes sense.
Thanks

you mean they give you 1gb for free on their sim whether you use it or not?

That saw the voice call too. Makes sense. But not enough to get their sim for me.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
tivta:

Thanks but it is expensive oh, what about the mifi, does it support glo 4g?

I have no idea
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Please what's the difference between the 500 naira nite plan and the 1500 nite plan?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Please what's the difference between the 500 naira nite plan and the 1500 nite plan?

Validity period 500 2 days , 1500 7 days , 5000 30 days
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by mikron(m): 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Billw:

Aii thanks..now PHCN should Just leave the light overnight
grin grin grin grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Septre: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
what is smile data like?

Do they have decent data plans like the spectranet 12k5 plus unlimited night download?

Smile is the only 4g network with strong signal here. But the plans I saw on there website no be here at all.

And their speed too.

Smile data is expensive. They have two unlimited plans .Unlimited lite for N10,000 with fair usage of 30gb and unlimited premium for N19,800 with fair usage of 100gb
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EvilMetahuman: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
Septre:

Smile data is expensive. They have two unlimited plans .Unlimited lite for N10,000 with fair usage of 30gb and unlimited premium for N19,800 with fair usage of 100gb
so why are you using them?

What attracts them to you?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 3:55am On Jun 29, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

Thanks

you mean they give you 1gb for free on their sim whether you use it or not?

That saw the voice call too. Makes sense. But not enough to get their sim for me.

Yes o, whether I use it or not. FBT with smile network then make sense, but blocked long time ago
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Septre: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
so why are you using them?

What attracts them to you?

We do business with them and the network quality is the best here cry cry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=krizblak post=57913439]

how fast really? Like how many mbps do u really get wen downloading?[y/quote]
About 1.3 mb/s
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
4llerbuntu:

1. You need a 4G Glo sim. It's not the same as any other Glo sim. You must go to their office to swap your present line or buy a new one.

2. Glo sim doesn't connect to 4G without a data subscription. It will only connect to 3G if you don't have a data plan no matter what you do

3. You need to create a new apn for Glo. 'gloflat'

4. You might need to set your modem to 4G only

5. Are you sure there's Glo 4G service in your place?

I have done all these things and I still do not get 4g. I went back to their office and I was told it has to be a glo mifi. After that I just gave up on it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 12:23am On Jun 30, 2017
Guys my Ntel sub is finished and I want to know the speed of the connection at a particular place in my housey
What IP address should I type?
That would bring out Ntel info page
?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2017
4llerbuntu:

One thing I'm sure of is the ₦500 plan is throttled
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
jimihendrix:

I have done all these things and I still do not get 4g. I went back to their office and I was told it has to be a glo mifi. After that I just gave up on it.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
purplekayc:
Guys my Ntel sub is finished and I want to know the speed of the connection at a particular place in my housey
What IP address should I type?
That would bring out Ntel info page
?

How do you intend to know the connection speed without actually having active connection?

I need sabi this one o

http://mc.ntel.com.ng

Your hardware login is your primary DNS.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by fotyy: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
4llerbuntu:

yes. the desktop router does.

i've posted screenshots of it on this thread before

Please do you know if this modem from swift ZTE MF910V works with Ntel?
I got a unlocked one but can't use it to browse

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Swift 4G LTE Blazing cool

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
fotyy:

Please do you know if this modem from swift ZTE MF910V works with Ntel?
I got a unlocked one but can't use it to browse

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
nani667:
Swift 4G LTE Blazing cool
chain ,location?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
purplekayc:
chain ,location?
Lagos
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
nani667:

Lagos
yeah, where in Lagos?

Am sure u recorded this speed at night?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:59am On Jul 02, 2017
Flirted with the idea of the daily night plan on my personal line to get some quick downloads in.

Lol. Should have used my money to chop suya

Maxed out at 125KBps

Thought some swore said there wasn't any throttling again. SMH.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Flirted with the idea of the daily night plan on my personal line to get some quick downloads in.

Maxed out at 125KBps

I did the night browsing, it lasted 3 days for me. My observation is. From 10pm the download is not impressive. But anything from 3-5:30pm the download speed is very impressive 1.2mb. I Downloaded like 15gb plus.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:19am On Jul 02, 2017
honsule:

I did the night browsing, it lasted 3 days for me. My observation is. From 10pm the download is not impressive. But anything from 3-5:30pm the download speed is very impressive 1.2mb. I Downloaded like 15gb plus.

Really? At 4AM ts was 125KBps

Stopped at 5 AM sef
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Maxed out at 125KBps

i am suspecting that ntel mgt have marked the account of ntel's no1 troll cheesy lipsrsealed
ive been using them for the past two weeks. no issues
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2017
oyb:

i am suspecting that ntel mgt have marked the account of ntel's no1 troll cheesy lipsrsealed
ive been using them for the past two weeks. no issues

I think so too. Unfortunately they are the same ones who call me to ask why I don't use them anymore.

I'm not sure if it's me that's losing anything.

But even the office line isn't better so Im actually surprised anyone has it better. But good on you guys sha.

Spectranet/Glo will take up the slack easy

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.