Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

12 Signs Your Love Is Failing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing (1146 Views)

12 Signs Of True Love In A Relationship / 12 Signs The Man You Are With Is Not Husband Material / 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2016
It’s MAKE it or BREAK it time.

You know that sagging, awful feeling in the pit of your gut that things “aren’t quite right” with your relationship? Well it’s time to get cracking at that right now. Here are 13 signs that your relationship is in desperate need of repair (or a breakup):

1. You can’t communicate anymore.
Or your conversations have been limited to boring exchanges about mundane topics. Even spirited arguments have given way too.

2. Spending time together is no longer a TOP priority.
Time for each other feels like it’s become an afterthought.

3. One (or both) of you have gotten a “work friend” who knows more about your relationship than they should.
This doesn’t automatically mean that you or they are cheating, but the transfer ofintimacy from your partner to someone outside the relationship can be really bad for your bond.

4. You argue about the same crap OVER and OVER.

Ever had those conversations where you go around and around with your partner but things only get better for a little while or nothing ever changes? Me too.

5. You’ve discussed and analyzed your relationship with close friends/family — and they don’t like where things are headed.

Usually our people have a pretty good idea of how things are going — even if we don’t share the nitty gritty details.

6. You become suspicious of your partner.
Whether they are cheating or not, the fear that they’re having an affair has started to plague your thoughts. Petty jealousy seems to crop up even though you’ve never feltjealous in the past.

7. “It’s not the same anymore” pretty much sums up how you both feel.

8. You don’t think you (or they) care anymore.

Now, whether or not this is true is not the real barometer. It’s the sense of not feeling cared for that is most telling.

9. You dream about what things USED to be like.

You know that feeling where you wish you could rewind things back to the way it used to be before you had the sinking pain deep in your gut?

10. You feel like you’ve done all you CAN do to save the relationship.

Sometimes you’re trying too hard — other times it’s just that you’re the only one actually trying.

11. You’ve started thinking about what it’s like without them.

The internal “I know I can end this,” pep talk starts. You start considering whether you should “put up with this” any longer.

12. You’ve stopped (or avoided) talking about the future

“Concert next month? I don’t know … that’s a long way out”

It’s still possible to repair things at this point, but it takes focus, strategy and effort. Relationship insecurity panic (even when your relationship is really at risk) feels low value and desperate. It’ll just push them away even further.
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 23, 2016
Spot on op wink

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by AngelAhnie(f): 3:36pm On May 23, 2016
Love story lipsrsealed
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 23, 2016
*sigh*....
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Love story lipsrsealed
You have an issue with love? grin
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 23, 2016
op, try falling in love with mimzy
your life wee never be the same!
#HalaMimzyAbeg
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2016
slyIsaac:
Spot on op wink
Thanks man wink
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2016
AirSultan:
op, try falling in love with mimzy

your life wee never be the same!

#HalaMimzyAbeg
Tell me something shocked
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by vicstar(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2016
got me thinking cry

Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 3:43pm On May 23, 2016
KashyBaby:
*sigh*....

*sign back* grin
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by theEYe21(f): 3:46pm On May 23, 2016
All these things you mentioned are natural, there will always be conflict in the human world, conflict is part of us, it's what makes us grow. The most important thing is how to deal with conflict the best way not trying to avoid it. If you try so hard to avoid conflict, you would not grow or be happy, you would get disappointments and more depressed.
MarshRiley:
It’s MAKE it or BREAK it time.

You know that sagging, awful feeling in the pit of your gut that things “aren’t quite right” with your relationship? Well it’s time to get cracking at that right now. Here are 13 signs that your relationship is in desperate need of repair (or a breakup):

1. You can’t communicate anymore.
Or your conversations have been limited to boring exchanges about mundane topics. Even spirited arguments have given way too.

2. Spending time together is no longer a TOP priority.
Time for each other feels like it’s become an afterthought.

3. One (or both) of you have gotten a “work friend” who knows more about your relationship than they should.
This doesn’t automatically mean that you or they are cheating, but the transfer ofintimacy from your partner to someone outside the relationship can be really bad for your bond.

4. You argue about the same crap OVER and OVER.

Ever had those conversations where you go around and around with your partner but things only get better for a little while or nothing ever changes? Me too.

5. You’ve discussed and analyzed your relationship with close friends/family — and they don’t like where things are headed.

Usually our people have a pretty good idea of how things are going — even if we don’t share the nitty gritty details.

6. You become suspicious of your partner.
Whether they are cheating or not, the fear that they’re having an affair has started to plague your thoughts. Petty jealousy seems to crop up even though you’ve never feltjealous in the past.

7. “It’s not the same anymore” pretty much sums up how you both feel.

8. You don’t think you (or they) care anymore.

Now, whether or not this is true is not the real barometer. It’s the sense of not feeling cared for that is most telling.

9. You dream about what things USED to be like.

You know that feeling where you wish you could rewind things back to the way it used to be before you had the sinking pain deep in your gut?

10. You feel like you’ve done all you CAN do to save the relationship.

Sometimes you’re trying too hard — other times it’s just that you’re the only one actually trying.

11. You’ve started thinking about what it’s like without them.

The internal “I know I can end this,” pep talk starts. You start considering whether you should “put up with this” any longer.

12. You’ve stopped (or avoided) talking about the future

“Concert next month? I don’t know … that’s a long way out”

It’s still possible to repair things at this point, but it takes focus, strategy and effort. Relationship insecurity panic (even when your relationship is really at risk) feels low value and desperate. It’ll just push them away even further.
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by LordDecency(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2016
Wah Will Be Will Be....

Mama Segun Did All Those.....
Buh Now Yhu Already Now... grin
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by finalboss1(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2016
this ix all m always thinking bou her
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 23, 2016
MarshRiley:

shocked

So you ain't mimzyfied yet?

Slyisaac, olihilistic, smellymouth, muva, iamlegend1, creamish, obiorathesubtle, suzan404, xoella.. can y'all believe this guy ain't mimzyfied yet??

oya bring the holy water and the anointing oil.. marshriley, kneel down and be induced with the mimzy gospel..

e shabaraba shabara skilo, skilo.. grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MUVA(m): 4:01pm On May 23, 2016
AirSultan:
shocked
Slyisaac, olihilistic, smellymouth, muva, iamlegend1, creamish, obiorathesubtle, suzan404, xoella.. can y'all believe this guy ain't mimzyfied yet??
oya bring the holy water and the anointing oil.. marshriley, kneel down and be induced with the mimzy gospel..

Where the guy dey? undecided

MarshRiley:

Oya knee down! angry grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 23, 2016
AirSultan:
shocked

shocked so there's still someone on NL who hasn't gone through mimzification!! Chaii thank God we saw you on time ooooo airsultan carry on!!

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 23, 2016
AirSultan:
shocked

he will be mimzyfy
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 4:23pm On May 23, 2016
slyIsaac:

shocked so there's still someone on NL who hasn't gone through mimzification!! Chaii thank God we saw you on time ooooo airsultan carry on!!
Hmmmmmm
Hope she's worth all the hype
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 4:24pm On May 23, 2016
olihilistic:

he will be mimzyfy
Hahhahahhaha
No be only
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 23, 2016
@Nos 1,2,3,7,8,9,10 that's what you get when you try to practice Telemundo kinda love in naija with our harsh economy. A brother is out there hustling to make money for the babe, comes back at night tired and worn out, eats and sleep only to continue the cycle next day.
Dear sisters, cut a brother some slack, you can't eat ur cake and have it . It's not easy.

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 23, 2016
slyIsaac:

abeg abeg abeg what's all the noise about mimzy. Is it the name of a kiddies cartoon or a drink?
Biko Make we hear word jare
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by halfricanadian(f): 4:34pm On May 23, 2016
cry cry cry cry never meant for it to fail

But a girl gotto do wat a girl gotto do
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 23, 2016
slyIsaac:

shocked so there's still someone on NL who hasn't gone through mimzification!! Chaii thank God we saw you on time ooooo airsul.tan carry on!!
Abi na

thanks boss
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 23, 2016
MarshRiley:

Hmmmmmm
Abeg she is o... you need to get close to her to know mehn..

she da bomb..
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 23, 2016
MarshRiley:

Hmmmmmm
Oh trust me bruh.. We aint hyping.. We just pointing out facts bruh....
Bro gimme your bbm pin lemme introduce you to her wink
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 23, 2016
halfricanadian:
cry cry cry cry never meant for it to fail

But a girl gotto do wat a girl gotto do
There's so much pain in some of your posts... I wanna kill the dude who did tis.....

You gon meet tat special someone... Sure there are gonna be some assholes along the way but when HE comes, he's gon be worth it...
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by halfricanadian(f): 5:03pm On May 23, 2016
slyIsaac:

There's so much pain in some of your posts... I wanna kill the dude who did tis.....

You gon meet tat special someone... Sure there are gonna be some assholes along the way but when HE comes, he's gon be worth it...

smiley smiley smiley smiley tanx
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2016
slyIsaac:

Oh trust me bruh.. We aint hyping.. We just pointing out facts bruh....
Bro gimme your bbm pin lemme introduce you to her wink
Oya naw
pin:2B1CFBAE
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 5:09pm On May 23, 2016
AirSultan:
Abeg she is o... you need to get close to her to know mehn..

she da bomb..
Bombs are dangerous bro
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 23, 2016
MarshRiley:

Bombs are dangerous bro
not this one..

if this one ezplodes , you'll be in bliss, not hell. and she doesn't explode self, she only detonates her pure heart, selflessness, kindness on all and sundry..

we love you mimzy
I love you
I'm casting my vote for you.

the question is, will you make the right choice of doing so..

don't worry, I know my answer, its a yes.

#HalaMimzy

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by MarshRiley(m): 8:14pm On May 23, 2016
Yo slyisaac
Re: 12 Signs Your Love Is Failing by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 23, 2016
olihilistic:

he will be mimzyfy
grin
olihilistic:

he will be mimzyfy

(1) (Reply)

Guys :when You See A Lady What Is The First Thing That Comes To Your Mind / funny pics to prove Polio Is Back In Nigeria And It Affect Just Female Adult / Rate This Cleavage(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.