Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

"We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths (19937 Views)

We Believe We Are All One, One Nigeria Forever – Biafran War Veterans / We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War” – Ikwerre Youths / Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by tonychristopher: 8:24pm On May 23, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Very lame analysis. There is no correlation whatsoever between that Bible parable and the Ikwerre situation.

You can allow misguided elements like Ezepromoe to continue fanning Igbo optimism but i'd state it clear for all to note that long before the civil war, during and after colonial era, Ikwerre had through several medium sought a distinct identity from Igbo.

The defeat of the Igbos in the civil war afforded us a window of opportunity to achieve our demands. To us, the civil war was only a means to an end.

Taaaaa mechionu...onye mbamiri
Proximity to fish has a lot to do with your reasoning

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by omonnakoda: 8:26pm On May 23, 2016
Some people lack sense so let us lend them a little.
Ikwerre Youths say they denied being Eboe. Really? Where were these youths at the time of denial? Had they been born? The War ended 46 years ago. A 46 year old man is not a youth and a 46 year old man would only have been told what happened ,never a witness. It is the Elders that denied that should come out and recant the denial.They should come out and hand over the abandoned property they coveted. Let Elechi Amadi and his coeval recant

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by tonychristopher: 8:28pm On May 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
Ikwerre Youths say they denied being Eboe. Really? Where were these youths at the time of denial? Had they been born? The War ended 46 years ago. A 46 year old man is not a youth and a 46 year old man would only have been told what happened ,never a witness. It is the Elders that denied that should come out and recant the denial.They should come out and hand over the abandoned property they coveted. Let Elechi Amadi and his coeval recant

I have always detested your submission...but this is the first time you are logical

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Sctests: 8:34pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
I had an Ikwerre male friend who kept telling me he's not Igbo but a Niger deltan. he's a youth like me. I ask him if there's anything ethnic groups like ND and he ignores my question. I disagree with you that Ikwerre youths of these days don't deny their identity. it's worse today.

You be youth A dey laugh. grin

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by dejol88: 8:35pm On May 23, 2016
I am proud Igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by HopeAtHand: 8:35pm On May 23, 2016
Adaure4ever:
oh pls shut up! What the funky hell re the ikwerres feeling like?
Comparing Igbo and ikwerre is a punishable insult because you people are not worthy enough to compete with Nnewi talkless of Anambra alone.
I just hate it when Rags try to feel as if they are important..

see olodo quoting me and feeling fly.

Fisrt impressions matters alot. I vividly remember you as the clown who argued that Akwa Ibom was geographically in the Niger Delta until i had to use Wikipedia to school you.

You do not come across as a lady who is informed, and i dnt engage dullards.

Bye.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 8:35pm On May 23, 2016
Sctests:

You be youth A dey laugh. grin
How old do you think i am?
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by omonnakoda: 8:37pm On May 23, 2016
Ugomba:
i know Ezechime history more than you.
For example, an Igbo man named Obinna left Owerri went to Ibadan, did business there for over 30yrs then reverse back and buy a land at Enugu and founded a community there with his extended and large family.. Does it mean that Obinna is now a yoruba man because he lived in Ibadan for 30yrs?
Thats the case of EzeChime.
Define Igbo Man. That is the starting point.Who was the first Igbo Man ? Did he come from some where ? When? There is evidence of human inhabitation in Okigwe at least 10000 years ago.Does that mean they were Igbo? When and where did the Igbo story start?

Peoples come and people go .Nothing new there The fact that a large part of North Africa speaks Arab does not make them Arabs of the same stock as the Saudis or Qataris
Today we call Libyans Arabs but that has not always been the case. When did Egyptians become Arabs. Where did Abraham come from according to the Bible why are some of his children called Israelis and not Chaldeans

7 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
I concur. But even in the absence of a general recant by many Ikwerre's, a good number of well known groups among them have come out to plead for forgiveness. The only eyesore is still the abandoned properties still held till date by the Okrikans and few Ikwerres.
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by omonnakoda: 8:41pm On May 23, 2016
tonychristopher:

I have always detested your submission...but this is the first time you are logical
And since when did you become an arbiter of logic.When did you acquire the infrastructure for that?

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 23, 2016
HopeAtHand:

see olodo quoting me and feeling fly.

Fisrt impressions matters alot. I vividly remember you as the clown who argued that Akwa Ibom was geographically in the Niger Delta until i had to use Wikipedia to school you.

You do not come across as a lady who is informed, and i dnt engage dullards.

Bye.
oh shut up. Am a soon to be Pharmacy graduate at a very young age.
Try me and let me embarras you with my intelligence.
Look at an ikwerre clown, you are beneath me. So out of the way.
Empty nonentities feeling as if they are important.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by HopeAtHand: 8:46pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
I had an Ikwerre male friend who kept telling me he's not Igbo but a Niger deltan. he's a youth like me. I ask him if there's anything ethnic groups like ND and he ignores my question. I disagree with you that Ikwerre youths of these days don't deny their identity. it's worse today.

Pls, i need a sound answer. Why do Igbos go beyond themselves to ensure Ikwerre be recognised as Igbo.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by naijacampu(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2016
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 23, 2016
naijacampu:
Will you marry me?
jamb question. 30mrks

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ofodirinwa: 8:58pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Oru Igbo is Olu Igbo and consists of Riverine Anioma Igbos in Southeast that call other Igbos "Nwa Onye Igbo"

That's wrong.
Oru is northern Imo state. hence Oru East and Oru West LGAs around the Orlu area. Anioma and anyone further south than Owerri is not Oru.
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by HopeAtHand: 8:59pm On May 23, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Imagine something yet to arrive at her first university degree throwing insults around. I cant say i blame you.

id appreciate if you stopped quoting me.. Go and look for your mates.

Tnx.

8 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ofodirinwa: 8:59pm On May 23, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Pls, i need a sound answer. Why do Igbos go beyond themselves to ensure Ikwerre be recognised as Igbo.

if your blood brother started telling you he's japanese wouldn't you be concerned?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Berem my sister most Anioma is Igbo but Ikwerre is not. The Anioma issue is completely different from Ikwerre issue. In Anioma there are obviously people who trace their roots outside Igboland but have formed a bond with Igbos and accept being part of Igbos but Ikwerre is nothing but Owerri area and Arochukwu people.

The same vague Oha that bore children that moved on to populate that axis gave birth to all those people that use Oha title system instead of Nze n'Ozor system. They have no single thing in common with Benin empire . There influences come from Ijaw, Cameroon and Cross River not Edo. Among all of Oha only Ikwerre has denied being Igbo.
Abagworo from all his usual comments on Ikwerre denial topics seems to know more than many Ikwerre sons. I sometimes take him for Ikwerre without even knowing, except that his Dad hails from Imo. Truly, the marriage bond between Ikwerre's and Ndi Imo is so strong that it can't be broken. This I see in the eyes of my aunts married to Ikwerres.
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by HopeAtHand: 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

if your blood brother started telling you he's japanese wouldn't you be concerned?

the analogy is too far removed.

Ikwerre/Igbo is more like Spain/Portugal. The seem the same when viewed from afar but very dissimilar when viewed very closely.

We are simply neighbours sharing some form of language and cultural similarities.

6 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 9:08pm On May 23, 2016
HopeAtHand:

because your old men deceived you young ones that you're not Igbo. have you asked daddy same question? abeg ask am! grin

Thank goodness Abagworo didn't deny being Igbo or else me and am go enter one trouser this night. angry
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Marotzke(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2016
NDRepublic:

Stop telling lies. Quote an instance where Tony Elumelu referred to himself as Igbo.
I don't need any of tony's quote. His brother Ndudi Elumelu identifies himself as an Igboman anyday.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 23, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Imagine something yet to arrive at her first university degree throwing insults around. I cant say i blame you.

id appreciate if you stopped quoting me.. Go and look for your mates.

Tnx.
papa lolo, we don see your Ph.d in stupidity.

6 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 23, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

That's wrong.
Oru is northern Imo state. hence Oru East and Oru West LGAs around the Orlu area. Anioma and anyone further south than Owerri is not Oru.
I don't think you understood what he meant. He wasn't talking about LGA's as assumed but of people who live close to rivers and creeks.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Here you are boasting about intelligence and you cannot spell "Embarrass". Embarrassing........

5 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Abagworo(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
By Adiele Samuel

Read for yourself: “We the youths of Ikwerre extraction,
Elele, Ubima, Isiokpo, Ogbakiri, Omademe, Obiri Ikwerre ,
Rumuigbo, Rumuola, Rumukurushi, Rumuokoro, etc wish
to make known our position as regards to Biafra
movement.

http://www.easternradio.com.ng/2016/05/we-are-igbos-but-denied-igbo-because-of.html

Obviously the writer is an Igbo man who knows nothing about Ikwerre. There is no where known as Obiri Ikwerre. Obiri Ikwerre is a meeting point of Ogbako Ikwerre built near Port Harcourt. It is wrong to lump people where they don't want to belong for whatsoever reason.

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
Here you are boasting about intelligence and you cannot spell "Embarrass". Embarrassing........
u think that u re making a sense?
Thats a typo mistake due to fast typing.

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Abagworo(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
because your old men deceived you young ones that you're not Igbo. have you asked daddy same question? abeg ask am! grin

Thank goodness Abagworo didn't deny being Igbo or else me and am go enter one trouser this night. angry

This one you dey mention my name. I know how sad I was earlier in life I was always fighting with my own cousins trying to prove they are Igbos. It's an effort in futility.

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by HopeAtHand: 9:20pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:

Your answer to my question isnt top notch. Maybe u didnt get my question as i intended. Im asking why Igbo, after being rejected and denounced by Ikwerre still cling on to brotherhood with us.

Igbo have termed Ikwerre as Lazy, unproductive, underachieving, landsellers, draught players, ogogoro drinkers, womanisers, etc.. Why should Igbo need such a people amongst them. What tha hell is the Igbo motive in all this.

7 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by omonnakoda: 9:21pm On May 23, 2016
Adaure4ever:
u think that u re making a sense?
Thats a typo mistake due to fast typing.
I know but you need to stop this boastful attitude. You are really not very bright.........honestly

5 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 9:21pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

This one you dey mention my name. I know how sad I was earlier in life I was always fighting with my own cousins trying to prove they are Igbos. It's an effort in futility.
So your cousins disagree with you about their Igbo identity? inu kwa?

that's sad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Despite Clocking 60: Accountant-General Idris & Boboye Oyeyemi Still In Office / Crowd Of Supporters Welcome Tinubu In Enugu (Video) / Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.