Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen (40859 Views)

Fayose Has Become A Legend In Nigerian Politics – Shekarau / Fayose Has N300m In His Zenith Bank Account - Lere Olayinka / Ekiti Debt: Fayose Has Money To Pay 3 Months Salaries – Ex- Finance Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by cktheluckyman: 3:28pm On May 24, 2016
Adminisher:

No state can ban cattle herdsmen or any Nigerian. You can regulate them and arm hunters for self protection of communities with Police oversight but you cannot ban herdsmen
Bros read again.Herdsmen have not been banned.Nomadic Cattle grazing is what has been banned.The herdsmen are free to buy up lands and ranch their cattle.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by ccqueen(f): 3:29pm On May 24, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Am I the only one that read the paragraph that states "there are ranching reserves gazettes by the federal government all over the states of Nigeria"

Ogbeni this guys are dummies!
grin
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Am I the only one that read the paragraph that states "there are ranching reserves gazettes by the federal government all over the states of Nigeria"

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 24, 2016
Countryman1:

Thank you for your wise and inept view, very refreshing but I will advise you to use the first syllable of your moniker on yourself.
In case u no sabi wetin moniker or syllable be u can use the dictionary.
fuuuccck off notherner,I wonder how u guys can still be defending this murderers,I use to think u guys are the least bigoted tribe in nigeria,I guess am wrong.how do u sleep at night,u can't even condemn this fulani herdsmen,instead u are giving us stupid reason on why we should accept them.life over cow meat,I have three sisters in ekiti,lot of family members,nd I can't imagine how I would feel if any of them get attacked,nd u are here,typing from daura or borno giving dumb excuse

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by bluecircle470: 3:32pm On May 24, 2016
This Fulani people ehn! They're not different from the cows they rare
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by jacksonite: 3:34pm On May 24, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria guarantees freedom of movement of persons and movable goods to any part of the country, so Mr Fayose will have to find another way to solve this madness

So far they haven't been convicted and placed in prison, yes they have right of freedom of movement, as per your second question, I'm old enough to know it's spelt as "armed robber".
Cheers

Your need to hurl insults like a caged chimpanzee flinging excrement waters down any efficacy of your argument. "I yump am pass"

I agree with you on most of your points especially constituting a nuisance on any federal or state property e.g highways. Farmlands is a no go area as nobody has the right to feed his livestock on another's 'sweat' without a pre arranged contract, however no state government can ban Nigerians from access to their states. A's for the Lagos issue, limiting the activities of herdsmen to the outskirts was the case.

What the government is doing here is a fireman approach, we must however mount pressure on the government to aggressively tackle deforestation and provide adequate ranches and educate the herdsmen, main point being nomadic cattle grazing isn't a culture but an outdated farming technique which should be replaced with modern ranches. After all, cows trekking makes the beef so tough, you literally need a toothpick each time you eat Nigerian beef.
Its not the duty of government to provide ranches to herdsmen. cattle rearing is personal business. The herdsmen have to procure land for their ranches just like every other business man would rent or buy land for their business. And as you well know that requires diplomacy and good rapport between the tenant/ buyer and the landlord/land owner. If Fulani herdsmen are not diplomatic and respectful to their host communities then I wonder how they can co-habit.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 24, 2016
Lordave:
Make them near Ekiti if their mama born them well.

Oloribrukus!
Mmmm interesting, so it's their right to destroy crops while fayose doesn't have the right to ban cattle rearer. There is God oooo in patience voice lol
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by OShepherd: 3:47pm On May 24, 2016
fuckDmod:
take ur cow to hell we don't want ur bloody cow.we would raise our own,or eat chicken,turkey,fish nd evn bushmeat self,u this fulani murderer
I can't remember how many times I ate cow meat in my Ekiti village wen I was a young lad. We have always relied on bushmeats & wen dey don't come, we go for fresh water fish; worst scenario is Mushrooms of various varieties so 4get d cow crap; Let no 1 tamper with my farmland because without it, I won't be useful 2 dis false merger called"NigeriA"
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by logica(m): 3:55pm On May 24, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria guarantees freedom of movement of persons and movable goods to any part of the country, so Mr Fayose will have to find another way to solve this madness
Aha, how about the herders go test this in court? I already see the operative phrase that guarantees a win for Ekiti State though: "movable goods". If your goods are not in a truck and have to walk on roads constituting a nuisance to motorists and even causing accidents then we have a case of public disturbance. This means the herders are roaming with "goods" that may cause harm to the public similar to those m0r0ns who roam with hyenas and baboons. This is the same law that allows Lagos (and any state) to arrest and "deport" those deemed to constitute a nuisance to the state.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:55pm On May 24, 2016
[quote author=sweetpies post=45924951][/quote]That man goof big time nah, if not becos of him we won't be in these mess we find ourselves 2day
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by ngmgeek(m): 3:58pm On May 24, 2016
Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen)

But you have the right to carry AK 47 and kill people anywhere you go, Right?

Our problems in this so called country are obvious.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by fmlala: 4:15pm On May 24, 2016
There should be gazetted land for my fish pond in Adamawa/Kano/Zamfara without anyone molesting me too.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Countryman1(m): 4:22pm On May 24, 2016
fuckDmod:
fuuuccck off notherner,I wonder how u guys can still be defending this murderers,I use to think u guys are the least bigoted tribe in nigeria,I guess am wrong.how do u sleep at night,u can't even condemn this fulani herdsmen,instead u are giving us stupid reason on why we should accept them.life over cow meat,I have three sisters in ekiti,lot of family members,nd I can't imagine how I would feel if any of them get attacked,nd u are here,typing from daura or borno giving dumb excuse

Lol. Your level of maturity is so beyond me. I am astounded. lol. Since you can't comprehend English, I didn't defend anybody, I pointed out an economic effect of a ban stupid.
And there are better ways a restriction on grazing can b placed that can even favour ekiti. What we have here is a knee jerk reaction which is typical of Nigerians, especially u.
I wonder you came to pass comprehension in English.
I am actually having fun getting you off. So please respond again with an insult to yourself. I am waiting. Please don't dissapoint me. grin

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by adimsmt: 4:28pm On May 24, 2016
Rxpetite:
Every state has a right to allow or deny herdsmen access to her territory.
Not all herdsmen are evil but one has to be careful. When boko haram started, northerners treated these issues with kid gloves until it started to torment them. They knew the members but protected them until they became uncontrollable. As far as I'm concerned, Northerners grew, groomed and nourished boko haram.
Here in the south we will not tolerate any act of terrorism especially from the north. We have our own issues to deal with.
They ask why we reacted differently to the kidnap of amina and ese ? The answer is simple;
Northern terrorists kidnap their northern schoolgirls in their northern territory and we Southerners can only show our concern(#bringbakourgirls ) and caution the north.
Northern assholes kidnap southern girls from southern territory and we will in orubebe's words , not take it.
States which can monitor the herdsmen can let them roam. If fayose cannot guarantee the security of his state from herdmen, he has every right to ban them from the on set to avoid stories that touch. people learn from their mistakes but smart people learn from other's mistakes.

Any state in Nigeria has right to enact laws through the house of assembly on how people run their businesses in there states , or is cattle rearing not a business anymore?.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Adminisher: 4:36pm On May 24, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Bros read again.Herdsmen have not been banned.Nomadic Cattle grazing is what has been banned.The herdsmen are free to buy up lands and ranch their cattle.

That's is just what I am saying , you cannot decree against nomadic lifestyle. The FG even has an ade cations system to cater to their lifestyle. You don't government in the modern world with knee jerk reactions and sentiments. Only a small per cent age of these guys are killers.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by multicolored(f): 4:39pm On May 24, 2016
Whatever happened to the Sambisa forest? Why can't they do the grazing there?
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Observant: 4:43pm On May 24, 2016
danbashman:
I am very sure Ardo was drunk when making his comment, if not, how would you prevent people from guiding his environment from impending danger.

I know from the onset that Fulani herdsmen are drumming war by their actions, since the authority that be remain indifferent people have to protect themselves and the idiots should not see themselves as indomitable.

He is not mad, he is stating the obvious backed by the constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by omonnakoda: 4:44pm On May 24, 2016
bjdon:
When the federal govt took over all the land in the country via the Land Use decree many people did not complain as it did not affect them. The main reason the FG did that was to take control of the oil in the south which was then mainly onshore.

No that the same laws are being used to seize land for cattle grazing people are starting to make noise. I hope you can all know see what happens when you allow one injustice to occur, over time it simply breeds more injustice.

What is happening with the Herdsmen needs to be a wake up call to South. The North is over populated and the Sahara is rapidly encroching on their land. They are going to start moving south in ever larger numbers. This is just a fact. I will not be surprised if in a few years time, we see the FG allocate lands in the south for 'The resettlement of victims of climate change'. These people are very very cleaver and they think long term. If we don't resist this evil so called grazing bill and give full support to people like Faysoe, then one day we'll wake up and find whole areas in the South have been carved out for others and now have Emirs. Southerners shine your eyes!!
The federal government took over land? Have YOU ever read the decree.? What is the point of going to school if you do not read? ditto for the 70 people liking your post. Please quote one or two sentences in the decree. Finally what is the current status of this decree that you refer to? Inform yourself properly

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by omonnakoda: 4:48pm On May 24, 2016
Adminisher:

That's is just what I am saying , you cannot decree against nomadic lifestyle. The FG even has an ade cations system to cater to their lifestyle. You don't government in the modern world with knee jerk reactions and sentiments. Only a small per cent age of these guys are killers.
Yes you can in fact you do not need new laws the existing laws of trespass are sufficient. There are laws against street trading and so on. There is no right to graze on another person's land. There is no right to move animals on a public highway or on to the field at the National stadium or any other land that is owned. There is no land without an owner in southern Nigeria. This has nothing to do with lifestyle. Lifestyle must conform with the laws. Fayose cannot and did not ban cattle rearing what he can do is prescribe a means for regulating their movement in public just like government can make a road one way,ban okadas and so on. So he can say do not move animals on State Government land. The federal government has no say on Land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by rhektor(m): 4:49pm On May 24, 2016
EddyNumerouno:

So far they haven't been convicted and placed in prison, yes they have right of freedom of movement, as per your second question, I'm old enough to know it's spelt as "armed robber".
Cheers

Your need to hurl insults like a caged chimpanzee flinging excrement waters down any efficacy of your argument. "I yump am pass"

I agree with you on most of your points especially constituting a nuisance on any federal or state property e.g highways. Farmlands is a no go area as nobody has the right to feed his livestock on another's 'sweat' without a pre arranged contract, however no state government can ban Nigerians from access to their states. A's for the Lagos issue, limiting the activities of herdsmen to the outskirts was the case.

What the government is doing here is a fireman approach, we must however mount pressure on the government to aggressively tackle deforestation and provide adequate ranches and educate the herdsmen, main point being nomadic cattle grazing isn't a culture but an outdated farming technique which should be replaced with modern ranches. After all, cows trekking makes the beef so tough, you literally need a toothpick each time you eat Nigerian beef.

The government thus the government that lemme ask you this : the how many fish ponds was created for fish farmers? How many jobs was created for graduates in the country? Of what benefits will cattle Rearing in the south be to the southern states? If you can't find a reasonable answer then just tell your miyeti Allah cattle rearers to go back to their village and leave the south alone
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by omonnakoda: 4:56pm On May 24, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:

There is no such Gazette,The Federal Government does not have such power.That is not true.
The Land use Act is the subsisting law in the land
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Land%20Use%20Act.htm

Part I

General

1. Subject to the provisions of this Act, all land comprised in the territory of each State in the Federation are hereby vested in the Governor of that State and such land shall be held in trust and administered for the use and common benefit of all Nigerians in accordance with the provisions of this Act.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by osabiggy(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2016
The Fulani (Ardo) is 'right' fayose has no right; but he just did, disobey now and enjoy the consequences, and if you are alive, you'll have a long story to tell.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by omonnakoda: 5:09pm On May 24, 2016
vislabraye:

There's a thin line btwn cattle rearing and herding. It's hard to separate one from the other....
What are you talking about? There is no relevance of this to the point being made. Every cattle owner must herd them . What does "herd" mean? As a verb it simply means to gather into a group

The issue is whether this happens in an enclosed space i.e a ranch or in a nomadic way i.e moving about from place to place often on other folk's farms damaging their crops.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by funstufz: 5:17pm On May 24, 2016
And who the heell is this man...

So many things are wrong in this Nigeria....

Is it possible for ANY SOUTHERNERS to go up North and dictate to them, How they should operate their market

I don't know what the problem of these 'double standard' people are?

weyabblog:
Fayose is God sent. Chaiii buhari want to finish us. When did buhari give our lands to fulani for their our personal business of no tax. We are finished. Chaiiii
============================================

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/fayose-has-no-right-to-ban-cattle-rearing-in-ekiti-%E2%80%93-fulani-herdsmen.212611/
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by superstar1(m): 5:18pm On May 24, 2016
For the very 1st time, i am on the same page with the clownish Emperor of Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 24, 2016
Countryman1:

Lol. Your level of maturity is so beyond me. I am astounded. lol. Since you can't comprehend English, I didn't defend anybody, I pointed out an economic effect of a ban stupid.
And there are better ways a restriction on grazing can b placed that can even favour ekiti. What we have here is a knee jerk reaction which is typical of Nigerians, especially u.
I wonder you came to pass comprehension in English.
I am actually having fun getting you off. So please respond again with an insult to yourself. I am waiting. Please don't dissapoint me. grin
sorry for insulting u,but sincerely tell me the economic effect cows av on nigeria economy,the herdsmen don't even pay tax,yet the dumb goverment is proposing grazing bill for them,in kano nd some nothern state,they ban alchol,still dy collect moni from the tax payed by this alchol company.herdsmen attitude of feeding on crops is what av bad effect on nigeria economy.we are talking about going into farming nd diversing the economy,still this. Herdsmen destroy farm product,do u think farmers in agatu would wanna go to form when they know their farm product would end up being destroyed by cows.if I was fayose nd southern state goverment,I would provide moni for my people nd encourage them to go into commercial cattle rearing,I thought u were defending them,sorry for the insult
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by naijaking1: 5:38pm On May 24, 2016
It's not cattle rearing, but crazing your cattle on other people's farms. I beg let someone show me where it's allowed in the constitution.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by faryourkemmy(f): 5:51pm On May 24, 2016
This man must b out of his sense wit dis rubbish tin vomiting from his mouth. Carry on jare fayose[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by showgolee(m): 5:53pm On May 24, 2016
Rxpetite:
Not all herdsmen are evil but one has to be careful. When boko haram started, northerners treated these issues with kid gloves until it started to torment them. They knew the members but protected them until they became uncontrollable. As far as I'm concerned, Northerners grew, groomed and nourished boko haram.
Here in the south we will not tolerate any act of terrorism especially from the north. We have our own issues to deal with.
They ask why we reacted differently to the kidnap of amina and ese ? The answer is simple;
Northern terrorists kidnap their northern schoolgirls in their northern territory and we Southerners can only show our concern(#bringbakourgirls ) and caution the north.
Northern assholes kidnap southern girls from southern territory and we will in orubebe's words , not take it.
States which can monitor the herdsmen can let them roam. If fayose cannot guarantee the security of his state from herdmen, he has every right to ban them from the on set to avoid stories that touch. people learn from their mistakes but smart people learn from other's mistakes.

Your intelligence excites me
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by ChelseaDr(m): 5:56pm On May 24, 2016
Rxpetite:

well articulated... sincerely, you deserve a bottle of Coke
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Irepib(m): 6:21pm On May 24, 2016
Carry go gov fayose i like that this herdsmen are evil
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Shym3xx: 6:30pm On May 24, 2016
I think we need to check the Nigerian land use act to see who's right and who's wrong:

Land Use Act
Chapter 202
Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990

An Act to Vest all Land compromised in the territory of each State (except land vested in the Federal government or its agencies) solely in the Governor of the State, who would hold such Land in trust for the people and would henceforth be responsible for allocation of land in all urban areas to individuals resident in the State and to organisations for residential, agriculture, commercial and other purposes while similar powers will with respect to non urban areas are conferred on Local Governments.(27th March 1978) Commencement.
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Land%20Use%20Act.htm

^^^Self-explanatory.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by ChimaAdeoye: 6:39pm On May 24, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Can you imagine the audacity of these animals!! Gazzetted grazing lands indeed!! Bring your stupid cows and see them confiscated for stomach infrastructure

[size=15pt]If you allow abooki an inch, they will DEMAND 1,000KM!

This fulani man's statement already reveals that they already know choice fertile territories in the south they have sent Buhari to annex for them under the smokescreen "grazing land".

Unless we southerners fight NOW, Fulani people plan to over run us through these surprise attacks.
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi's Souvenir Boxes (Photos) / Photos Of Yemi Osinbajo With Namadi Sambo At State House Today / Pictures Of PDP Situation Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.