Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady (52079 Views)

Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Husband Of Woman Who Carried Placard Rejects KBK Foundation's Job, Wants N200k / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by sweatlana: 2:00pm On May 24, 2016
Bukybabe:

Did she write 2.1 or that she was 21yrs old? Can't see details pics well
I see 2.1
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by KPhantom(m): 2:01pm On May 24, 2016
d location u're carrying d placard also determines d success. Comman carry placard here in benin weda oshiomole will not tell u to goan die..
Happy for her tho.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by tunergy(m): 2:02pm On May 24, 2016
amanze15:
watch young people with placards menace the streets now smiley its just a pity

Carrying a placard is not guarantee to getting a job. You must have substance to offer. So if 200,000 youths decide to carry placards without substance, they are just doing NLC Rally

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by ihesiuloa(m): 2:02pm On May 24, 2016
Providence!

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by smogup: 2:02pm On May 24, 2016
austinosita:
I commend her courage and boldness! She damned all shame!!

Despite the fact that my case is similar to hers or even worse......I cannot stand publicly outside with a placard searching for job!

Though age has been discouraging in my job search.....I still have hope and I believe that God will surely answer me in his time!

Congrats to her......I'm sure she has finally secured a job!
amen to you and I
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Emmasnoop(m): 2:08pm On May 24, 2016
Una try
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by ediko5(m): 2:08pm On May 24, 2016
The new trend in Naija. Chai tinx are hard in this country.

Last week it was dapper windscreen whatsoever meeting Linda Ikeji now a lady who displayed playcard.meeting Heirs Holding chairman.

Okay maybe that's what I will do. I have been dulling myself all this while.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by yak(m): 2:08pm On May 24, 2016
DO WE CALL THIS THINKING OUT OF THE BOX? ANYWAY, ANY WAY NA WAY
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 24, 2016
austinosita:

Despite the fact that my case is similar to hers or even worse......I cannot stand publicly outside with a placard searching for job!

Though age has been discouraging in my job search.....I still have hope and I believe that God will surely answer me in his time!

My Jehovah God that I serve will do it for you and better in Jesus name. Amen. Brother don't give up, your time is coming sooner than you expected it.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by amanze15(m): 2:12pm On May 24, 2016
tunergy:

Carrying a placard is not guarantee to getting a job. You must have substance to offer. So if 200,000 youths decide to carry placards without substance, they are just doing NLC Rally
abi, as they say, "as e take work for you fit no work for me", the government have to come clean to us about the situation of things, this rigmarole approach wont help neither
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by ProfLogan(m): 2:14pm On May 24, 2016
Op, I can understand how pained you are. But note this that God will continue to bless her and shame you.

Enemy of progress

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by TrumpDonald(m): 2:14pm On May 24, 2016
Resurgence:
I knew someone will pick her up lipsrsealed

She is young and beautiful, she also finished with a good grade.

If it was a guy oyo Na your own.

Ad much as I hate to say this. Being a beautiful girl had alot to do with this.

I love you for this comment. U know whatsup wink

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Mayflowa(m): 2:18pm On May 24, 2016
lifestyle1:
I just hope she will be able to defend her 2.1.

If you want the best out of people,you train them. Anyone that is that bold and creative must be really be intelligent. Did you see how she look? Anyone, I most likely can tell who is intelligent because of my job

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by 1miccza: 2:21pm On May 24, 2016
0955eb027:
Where are those guys asking the girl to think out of the box? Her thougts within the box is about to pay now.

Don't mind ITKs on NL people are trying to get a way out some one is analysing... I am seriously thinking of what to do to attract my own attention just imagine say na me meet Tony Elumelu sooo chai!!! All my skills na in e go know.....

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by nonix22(m): 2:24pm On May 24, 2016
lifestyle1:
I just hope she will be able to defend her 2.1.

you mean verbally or written?? as some may fall within the former and in the later you go fear simple composition and vice versa
*modified*
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by vicolurin(f): 2:30pm On May 24, 2016
I knew she will get a job(a good one at that)....Faith tells it all
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Gkemz: 2:34pm On May 24, 2016
Is this a new trend. nairaland helping people to be discovered on the street. From olajumoke to dapper cleaner to job seekers. Naija una sabi follow one pattern.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Foxy4luv(f): 2:42pm On May 24, 2016
I wish I have the mind and courage, would have done same.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Shinelle(f): 2:48pm On May 24, 2016
anonimi:

It is also written that "Faith without WORKS is dead.", not so

your point?

Aren't there graduates like her who are at home praying in Faith?
To answer you, her "works" was the buying of the cardboard, writing on it, and summoning of courage to stand in the sun with it...

congratulations to You girl, ur drive has paid off!

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Shinelle(f): 3:02pm On May 24, 2016
TrumpDonald:

I love you for this comment. U know whatsup wink

You guys amaze me! so the windscreen wiper guy was also a "beautiful lady" to attract the help of linda Ikeji and Uche Nnaji?

Pls lets celebrate peoples success and stop unnecessary justifications.....

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by ailehwise(m): 3:03pm On May 24, 2016
yoribo:
[size=28pt] let a young man do the same.
What do you think will happen [/size]
i am planning doing the same.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 24, 2016
sweatlana:

Hearing this from a fellow woman is really sad... you need to see yourself as more than a sex object.

Stop that. I'm not selling female short.

I spoke the truth, it's bitter but what do you expect? There are firms she could walk in to she didn't, she deliberately paraded herself on the street.

I am a firm believer of treating both sex equally but that doesn't change the reality of things.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by joey150(m): 3:29pm On May 24, 2016
GreyLaw:

You simply do NOT know what you just wrote! That girl must have tried all sorts before thinking out of the box. Imagine what her courage and boldness could add to an organisation.

Oh! I see; one of those who think nothing good ever comes out of Africa!
Its evident why nothing good will..we go about matters like this..nothing ever will.

Lets keep rewarding glass cleaners on fancy suits and placards holders on the road and bread sellers..and ignore the cause of the whole problem or ignore to invest in human development. Then we will be at this level for a long time.

I have nothing against the lady.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by hipsyleema(f): 3:31pm On May 24, 2016
Different strokes for different folks. What works for Mr. A doesn't work for Mr. B
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by nkemjacob2(m): 3:35pm On May 24, 2016
Na sooo. DEm many for nairaland those wey dey fyn jobs. Make FG gv special loans to graduate. We self done tire for white collar jobs
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 24, 2016
Everything is possible in Naija... What a great nation!
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by TrumpDonald(m): 3:58pm On May 24, 2016
Shinelle:

You guys amaze me! so the windscreen wiper guy was also a "beautiful lady" to attract the help of linda Ikeji and Uche Nnaji?

Pls lets celebrate peoples success and stop unnecessary justifications.....

My dear, the windscreen wiper wasn't asking for help. He was busy with his hustle and the people you mentioned above came in to 'help'. This they usually do with the ulterior motive of promoting their own image to the public. Even this is not left out. Right now, most people are looking for opportunities to trend or be in the news.

Now when it comes to asking for help, let's be sincere, a lady is usually favoured over a guy. I have experienced it a lot, so i know what am saying.
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by tiwiex(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2016
GurlFriend:
Fed up with her joblessness, the lady who is a 2:1 graduate of Computer Science took a placard to advertise her jobless situation and wasting skills.

After Lailasblog published it, her story went viral and thankfully, Tony Elumelu, Chairman of Heirs Holdings, the United Bank for Africa, Transcorp and founder of The Tony Elumelu Foundation took notice of her and invited her over yesterday, Monday to meet with him and discuss the way forward.

While people are happy for her because no doubt the meeting will bear good fruit, others are of the opinion that it is a trend that if not monitored, will be abused by people. Recall that recently, a married PHD student also took to the streets with a placard to advertise her skills and jobless situation.

One social media commented that Jumoke Orisaguna was hustling, hawking bread when TY Bello discovered her, not holding placards so there was no way he was going to render help to people who come out like this when searching for jobs. The fellow was shut down, though because of the perceived insensitivity of the comment.

Be that as it may, it is a very tragic situation when the youths of a country have to resort to this kind of desperate measures to get gainful employment. Nigeria is almost 60 years, but we have virtually nothing to show for all the rich resources we have at our disposal.

So sad. This cannot and must not continue.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/05/jobless-lady-graduate-who-carried.html

What surprises me is that a job usually appears when this drastic actions happen. Does that mean there are many positions yet to be filled or many jobs can be created but the rich have found ways to keep more?
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by tiwiex(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2016
Omo. No be by CV again oh. Na by protest.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 24, 2016
austinosita:

You see the bolded, it is enough to make a man a mediocre for life.

Hunger no dey look face. No food for lazy/shy man. If i give you my own history of places i have worked and things i now do to survive as an entrepreneur, it will look as if i am blowing trumpet.

But people like you, if you have a cement shop, you cant sell because you are shy, if you are given a free bus or taxi, you cant ride because you are shy.

Kwantinue..
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 24, 2016
Flavour no fit help this kind girl.

Nah only Ex beauty queens him dey help.

After 9 months general course. Smh
Re: Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady by fabolouz1(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2016
This trend was initiated by a Nigerian in Europe who later got numerous job offers. Not bad to see people ova here imitating Him...all d same we are country of copycats.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours / What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview / Immigration Service Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.