Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa (39948 Views)

Buhari Appoints Heads Of 23 Federal Agencies [full List] / FG Appoints Okhiria, MD Of Nigeria Railway Corporation / FG APPOINTS NEW HEADS FOR NTA, NBC, FRCN, VON AND NOA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by nicolosam(m): 7:16pm On May 25, 2016
AntidaftMOD:
[s][/s]

I dunno why most of you have chosen to be so senseless. Six people were appointed and two are from the South while 4 come from the North. How many regions are in the North? There are three regions in the North just like the South. As far as I'm concerned, the region that ain't represented here now is the South South. An Igbo man (SE) was appointed, a Yoruba man (SW) was appointed and I'm very sure the remaining 4 would be shared among the 3 Northern regions. I,e, 2 Northwest, 1 Northeast and 1 from North-Central.

check ur brain sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 25, 2016
Igbo kwenu!Dis is d change Nigerians voted
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by otokx(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2016
This one has passed be careful, nobody from my region - south south.

3 Likes

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by lovat(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2016
Seun:
4 Northerners, 1 Yoruba and 1 Igbo. This shows that the selection process was objective. As we all know, Northerners are the best at media.
what about those from SS or are they not media savvy

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by RaptorX: 7:34pm On May 25, 2016
You have to be a fool by now not to see that this president is a bigot, who is pursuing a northern Islamic agenda. How can any Southerner still be supporting this president, let me tell you what he is doing. He is consolidating power in the hands of Northerners and sorry to inform you dummies you are not getting it back anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by lailo: 7:39pm On May 25, 2016
Wailers already reading tribalism.6 posts for 6 Geo-polical zones.North 3,south 3

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by sunshinegurl(f): 7:39pm On May 25, 2016
Come for CMD to appoint new director general please FGN..center for management development shangisha lagos
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by sunshinegurl(f): 7:40pm On May 25, 2016
Come to CMD to appoint new director general please FGN..center for management development shangisha lagos..CMD is more it use to be
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by Bimpe29: 7:42pm On May 25, 2016
lifezone247:
Op I understand why 1-4 are in bold format.
What's ur understanding bro?
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by OlujobaSamuel: 7:42pm On May 25, 2016
safarigirl:
no dey confuse people, one Hausa, One Fulani (what is fufulde speaking?)= 2 Hausa/Fulani

Is middle belt a tribe? There are Hausa's in middle-belt too, specifically Nassarawa and Niger states, so which tribe? Cuz those names are not Gwari, Eggon, Tiv, Igala or Idoma...anyway, all are North, MB is North Central, Buhari is being criticized for putting Northerners in positions of authority, not just Hausa's. He is 'Fufulde-speaking' abi?

So, no SS person was qualified for one of the positions the Northerners occupied?
not defending or opposing your argument, just to correct an error.
fufulde is different from fulani. I just learnt it myself few days ago.
bye.
all of una, continue una argument for and against, it's NL Political Debate, I'm the chief judge.
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by comrChris(m): 7:42pm On May 25, 2016
kk. God is watching n we are watching too
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by igboboy3(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2016
Zico5:
We hold responsibility for what may happen in this administration. Buhari may have his flaws but Gej push us to this level with his bad governance. Only a fool will still allow Gej in government with massive looting and selective personnels that favour south east most. Did u see any other tribes complained the way our brothers are complaining now. Let's all face front and enjoy the change

GEJ didn't favour South-East.
You are so used to the suppression of the South-East that the little favours they got from Gej look like nepotism

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by honourhim: 7:47pm On May 25, 2016
gurunlocker:
I was here to check names, I wasn't disappointed ....

80%...10%...10%
. Baised equation from you. Repent. Divide hundred by the six geopolitical zone, add up the north and do same for the south. In that case North will be about 48.9% while the south will be about 36.6.
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by benji93: 8:10pm On May 25, 2016
kropotkin2:
The Federal Government has appointed new heads of Nigeria Telelevision Authority (NTA), Voice of Nigeria (VON), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN),News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) National Orientation Agency (NOA) and Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC).

A satement released by Special Adviser to the minister of Information and Culture, Segun Adeyemi, said Alhaji Lai Mohammed announced the appointments in Wednesday.

The new Chief Executives are:

1. Mr. Ishaq Modibo Kawu - Director-General, Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
2. Mr. Mansur Liman - Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
3. Mr. Yakubu Mohammed - Director-General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
4. Dr. Garba Abari, Director-General, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
grin grin
5. Mr. Bayo Onanuga - Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
6. Mr. Osita Okechukwu - Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON)

Former heads of the parastatals were sacked in February.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-appoints-heads-of-nta-nbc-frcn-von-noa/148331.html
As much as i support this government to root out corruption, i detest this trend that is beginning to lay bare, i am beginning to imagine the manner in which appointments would have been made if this government was not the result of a merger.I am beginning to doubt if my confidence will be rewarded by this government,is the president claiming that Northerners are the only trustworthy people in Nigeria, or those that served under him during his regime, are the only ones that can serve Nigeria right, or is he saying that those crop of people would not have turned to monsters in human skin, given that the economy of Nigeria in this period is larger than it was then(a higher potential of being able to steal money courtesy of the precedence set by our generous looters).I hope in all his wisdom, he doesn't think he can trust his strategy in the 80's to work now-i do not rule out adopting some of them though if they remain relevant in this era.I do not know if i can trust this government any longer. The current situation makes me assume that , i am still dreaming, always hoping to wake up to see a better Nigeria. The lamentations of a concerned Nigerian. Seyi storms in frustration.
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 25, 2016
Zico5:
We hold responsibility for what may happen in this administration. Buhari may have his flaws but Gej push us to this level with his bad governance. Only a fool will still allow Gej in government with massive looting and selective personnels that favour south east most. Did u see any other tribes complained the way our brothers are complaining now. Let's all face front and enjoy the change

GEJ didn't push anybody to this level; it is envy and hatred that pushed the 'sophisticated fools' to embrace a well known Jihadist. We were WARNED. This is an elderly man who once said 'the dogs and baboon will be soaked in blood'; yet, because of appointments, he was canonized by the Lagos-Ibadan media axis and was presented as a born again democrat. GEJ was not bad in governance, the evil media presented him as Bad. The evil media suppressed his achievements and glorified boko haram's bombings. The evil media controlled by evil souls... Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by simpleseyi: 8:23pm On May 25, 2016
validman7:

u no get yarns.

were is s/s candidate?

one naijiriya my foot!

The S/S candidate has joined the pipeline bombers union and he is currently bombing petroleum pipes.
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by lifezone247(m): 8:28pm On May 25, 2016
Bimpe29:

What's ur understanding bro?
bro, Jst check your self, the op knows better.
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by safarigirl(f): 8:34pm On May 25, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

not defending or opposing your argument, just to correct an error.
fufulde is different from fulani. I just learnt it myself few days ago.
bye.
all of una, continue una argument for and against, it's NL Political Debate, I'm the chief judge.
fufulde is a language spoken by the Fulani people. Learnt that from fula-man, the fulani encyclopedia in these parts

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by OlujobaSamuel: 8:40pm On May 25, 2016
safarigirl:
fufulde is a language spoken by the Fulani people. Learnt that from fula-man, the fulani encyclopedia in these parts
sorry, just checked again. I misinterpreted what the poster meant, he was differentiating to hausa and not fulani.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by udy4real(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2016
AntidaftMOD:
[s][/s]

I dunno why most of you have chosen to be so senseless. Six people were appointed and two are from the South while 4 come from the North. How many regions are in the North? There are three regions in the North just like the South. As far as I'm concerned, the region that ain't represented here now is the South South. An Igbo man (SE) was appointed, a Yoruba man (SW) was appointed and I'm very sure the remaining 4 would be shared among the 3 Northern regions. I,e, 2 Northwest, 1 Northeast and 1 from North-Central.

Na u senseless pass
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by chigaemezuogu: 9:05pm On May 25, 2016
Tribalistic apointment
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by Deenite(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2016
Am i the only one who is tired of all this change?
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by IBello300(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2016
I wonder how the editor decieded to bold 1-4, as he doesn't know that the appointment is one per political zones.
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by zik4ever: 9:42pm On May 25, 2016
The President has appointed Alhaji Muhammad Buba as Chairman of PPPRA. He was described as "seasoned" and if I may humbly add my own, he is clearly "competent".
http://www.punchng.com/60455-2/
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by Enrichlee(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2016
pheesayor:
there are six political zones, three from the north due to their size. Wailers will confuse others that there are four northerners but the truth is the north has three zones.

My only issue is no south-south represented

so ur point exactly abt wailers is ...
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by EMMNIG: 9:47pm On May 25, 2016
kinginvalhala4:

I concur!

Mine is now alhaji borno adamawa
YESOOOO MINE IS ALHAJI USMAN MOHAMED WARRI
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by sparrowkid: 9:48pm On May 25, 2016
Even though this is uncalled for, but in the light of the intent of this thread by the OP, some comparison would be ok.

Former Occupants that were sacked in February 2016:

1. Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) – Sola Omole - South West
2. Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) – Ladan Salihu - North West
3. Voice of Nigeria (VON) – Sam Worlu - South South
4. National Orientation Agency (NOA) – Mike Omeri - North Central
5. National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) – Emeka Mba - South East
6. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) – Ima Niboro - South South

SS = 2; SW = 1; SE = 1; NW = 1; NC = 1; NE = ? (President = South South)

New Appointments:

1. Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) – Yakubu Mohammed - North Central
2. Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) – Mansur Liman - North West
3. Voice of Nigeria (VON) – Osita Okechukwu - South East
4. National Orientation Agency (NOA) – Garba Abari - North East
5. National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) – Ishaq Modibo Kawu - North Central
6. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) – Bayo Onanuga - South West

SS = ? SW = 1; SE = 1; NW = 1; NC = 2; NE = 1 (President = North West)

When we want to be mischievous, we regard all the 3 northern geopolitical zones as one, but when that doesn't serve our purpose, we suddenly remember that it's 3 distinct geopolitical zones like the South. SMH

1 Like

Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by sorepco(m): 9:58pm On May 25, 2016
I use to think those that think like y were yorubbas. But alas i now realised hausas full nairaland as well!! You no mention federal character...but during jonas time i almost thought federal character was a state in the north

AntidaftMOD:
[s][/s]

I dunno why most of you have chosen to be so senseless. Six people were appointed and two are frothose m the South while 4 come from the North. How many regions are in the North? There are three regions in the North just like the South. As far as I'm concerned, the region that ain't represented here now is the South South. An Igbo man (SE) was appointed, a Yoruba man (SW) was appointed and I'm very sure the remaining 4 would be shared among the 3 Northern regions. I,e, 2 Northwest, 1 Northeast and 1 from North-Central.
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by obongitiad(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2016
OKKO:
I support muslimization of Nigeria, I have changed my name to Aliyu till the end of this administration.

Bros dis ya comment funny die abeg
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by Josephokongwu(m): 10:09pm On May 25, 2016
kropotkin2:
The Federal Government has appointed new heads of Nigeria Telelevision Authority (NTA), Voice of Nigeria (VON), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN),News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) National Orientation Agency (NOA) and Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC).

A satement released by Special Adviser to the minister of Information and Culture, Segun Adeyemi, said Alhaji Lai Mohammed announced the appointments in Wednesday.

The new Chief Executives are:

1. Mr. Ishaq Modibo Kawu - Director-General, Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
2. Mr. Mansur Liman - Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
3. Mr. Yakubu Mohammed - Director-General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
4. Dr. Garba Abari, Director-General, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
grin grin
5. Mr. Bayo Onanuga - Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
6. Mr. Osita Okechukwu - Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON)

Former heads of the parastatals were sacked in February.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-appoints-heads-of-nta-nbc-frcn-von-noa/148331.html
buhari my mentor.. Wise man shared it among the 6 geo-political zones... But no won for south south..
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by ireneony(f): 10:37pm On May 25, 2016
Seun:
4 Northerners, 1 Yoruba and 1 Igbo. This shows that the selection process was objective. As we all know, Northerners are the best at media.
like seriously undecided
Re: Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa by S1rsubway1: 10:49pm On May 25, 2016
I can see Uncle Bayo, nice one and congrats .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akon Eyakenyi: Akwa Ibom Senator's Convoy Kills Couple / Jonathan Meets Buhari In Closed Door Meeting In Abuja ( Photo) / Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.