Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (26851 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Bishops10:
Thanks Boss.....keep me updated
antispexish:
thanks a lot bro
nameo:

Thank you very much....
You are welcome.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by brainiac5(m): 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
American Gods
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by wman(m): 1:48am On Jun 04, 2016
My favourite novels:

The Harry Potter Franchise
The Twilight Saga

The best book I've ever read is A Brief History Of Seven Killings by Marlon James. It won the 2015 Man Booker prize.

My best author is Dan Brown followed by John Grisham.
The latest book series I finished was The Sword Of Truth series. I finished all 15 books. Not including 2 side books. Very good series.

I tried reading the In Death series by J.D Robb aka Nora Roberts but I stopped after about 14 books. They were getting too similar.

I also enjoy Sidney Sheldon and Jeffrey Archer. Started reading Jeffrey Archer Dec 24 last year. Read about 6 of this books.

Currently a member of a book club where we read a book every week.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by usermane(m): 2:49am On Jun 04, 2016
I haven't read much novels. So I cannot have a favorite. Of the few that I have read, these stand out;

Violence by Festus Iyayi
Bottled Leopard by Chukwuemeka Ike
The River Between by Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o
Lord of the flies by William Golding

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by nameo: 6:18am On Jun 04, 2016
Drefan2:

You are welcome.

Unfortunately Bruv, I can't seem to be able to download it. The format or wat, don't really know.

Thanks again tho for the links
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
nameo:

Unfortunately Bruv, I can't seem to be able to download it. The format or wat, don't really know.

Thanks again tho for the links
Just click on the link then click download. That's all.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Boldstar(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
eyekaynoble:
How abt john grisham's A time 2 kill, d runaway jury, d pelican brief?? U no like dem?

I like them too especially Runaway jury but my John Grisham's best is The Client.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Boldstar(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
usermane:
I haven't read much novels. So I cannot have a favorite. Of the few that I have read, these stand out;

Violence by Festus Iyayi
Bottled Leopard by Chukwuemeka Ike
The River Between by Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o
Lord of the flies by William Golding

African writers are dope too

I also love Bottled Leopard and the River Between. And Ngugi wa Thiongo's Weep Not Child. Who has read The Concubine by Elechi Amadi? I love that too

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Good choice mate.

Mine would have to be one of these

Pirates by Harold Robins
Not a penny more , not a penny less by Jeffrey Archer
Sphere by Michael Cricthon
Master of the game by Sidney Sheldon
If tomorrow comes by Sidney Sheldon
And then there were none by Dame Agatha Christie
Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Dame Agatha Christie
Runaway jury by John Grisham
Matarese Circle and Matarase countdown by Robert Ludlum
Just the way it is by James Hardley Chase

Really it's hard to pick a favourite

Hello there, Neo! I hope you're doing great, and find yourself in good health.

Have you ever given audiobooks a go?
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by oea77(m): 12:18am On Jun 10, 2016
Drefan2:
My favourite Novel has to be Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth novels series.

If you have not read this book then you really are missing out on a glorious experience.

Since I came across this extraordinary book mid last year, I have been glued to my screen like a hungry leech.

Everything about this book is just magnificent. The characters, the Wizard's rules and how they are tightly, beautifully, if not perfectly, embedded in each book, how all the cascading events in the series are precisely woven together into one gigantic lop is mind-boggling.

Suspense that will make your mind race in a sudden rush. At times when I read up to a thrilling part, I can't just help but to drop my phone, stand up, close my eyes, grinning joyously and I flow with the moment into another world.

The Feeling is bliss.
You said it bro
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by oea77(m): 12:23am On Jun 10, 2016
For me: The sword of truth by Terry Goodkind, all books in the series Finnikin of the Rock- Melina Marchetta Riyria revelations:Theft of swords The Queen's thief The Adventures of Etienne Gerard - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Man who would be king - Rudyard Kipling Neverwhere, Coraline, Stardust, The Ocean at the end of the Lane - Neil Gaiman Terry Pratchet - The Discworld Series etc... so many moore!
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
oea77:
You said it bro
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by NancyAgolokigho(f): 1:01am On Jun 11, 2016
The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born by Kwame

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Kaycee7(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
NancyAgolokigho:
The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born by Kwame
I thought the author is Ayi Kwei Ama or is yours a different book?
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by BraniacX(m): 4:49am On Jun 17, 2016
Drefan2:

Sorry, I don't have the link anymore but fortunately I have them all in my device. All of them are in epub format.

Why don't I upload them on datahost to save you the stress of searching out valid links and you just have to download?

Please can i get those files from you? Thanks in advance
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by samwise99(m): 6:21am On Jun 18, 2016
Am looking for this story "confession of a confused claricon" or something like that... Featuring purity... Pls help me with the link
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ambient: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Pls drefan2 or any other good kinded person should pls send terry goodkind. Sword series to me.from book 5 at ugojanny@gmail.com
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 26, 2016
I think I have found the EPUB site where I downloaded Book 1 - 11 of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. The one I talked about. . . Remember? I was browsing the net yesterday to see if I could get any useful site to download ebooks from, and boom, it came up in my search results.

Here is the link:
http://english.htu.cn/ePub.html

There are works of other popular authors there. It contains lots of books. And it's very easy to access, no irritating ads whatsover. I trust you will like it.

Cc:

Ayamconfidence

Udeme288

Nkemjika913

Bishops10

antispexish

Nameo

Oluwabuqqyyolo

Ambient

BraniacX

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Bishops10(m): 8:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Drefan2:
I think I have found the EPUB site where I downloaded Book 1 - 11 of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. The one I talked about. . . Remember? I was browsing the net yesterday to see if I could get any useful site to download ebooks from, and boom, it came up in my search results.

Here is the link:

There are works of other popular authors there. It contains lots of books. And it's very easy to access, no irritating ads whatsover. I trust you will like it.

Cc:

Ayamconfidence

Udeme288

Nkemjika913

Bishops10

antispexish

Nameo

Oluwabuqqyyolo

Ambient

BraniacX
Wow....thanks Boss
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:48am On Jul 26, 2016
Drefan2:

Here is the link:

Cc:

Ayamconfidence

Udeme288

Nkemjika913

Bishops10

antispexish

Nameo

Oluwabuqqyyolo

Ambient

BraniacX
Thank you, bro.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by antispexish(m): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
Drefan2:

Here is the link:

Cc:

Ayamconfidence

Udeme288

Nkemjika913

Bishops10

antispexish

Nameo

Oluwabuqqyyolo

Ambient

BraniacX
sir , you probably just ended my social life, no hanging out again.
Thanks .

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by cooljoe(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
Boldstar:

I like them too especially Runaway jury but my John Grisham's best is The Client.
good book. nd Grisham was brace, to use an 11 year old as his protagonist,No b means. smart ass nd sharp tonqued mark sawyer) hope dats d boys naame) e don Tey wey ah read d book

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by cooljoe(m): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
me is looking for Jagua nana by cyprian ekwensi
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by StarBukola(f): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2016
a time to kill, bad blood collection, the chief,sons of fortune
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by tens4real(m): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2016
wman:
My favourite novels:

The Harry Potter Franchise
The Twilight Saga

The best book I've ever read is A Brief History Of Seven Killings by Marlon James. It won the 2015 Man Booker prize.

My best author is Dan Brown followed by John Grisham.
The latest book series I finished was The Sword Of Truth series. I finished all 15 books. Not including 2 side books. Very good series.

I tried reading the In Death series by J.D Robb aka Nora Roberts but I stopped after about 14 books. They were getting too similar.

I also enjoy Sidney Sheldon and Jeffrey Archer. Started reading Jeffrey Archer Dec 24 last year. Read about 6 of this books.

Currently a member of a book club where we read a book every week.
wow impressive please if u hav any soft copy of any book pls forward to me at
proftens4real99@gmail.com
And secondly am very much interested in this book club am base in Lagos is the club in Lagos? where and how can someone you please
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by wman(m): 7:02am On Dec 12, 2016
tens4real:
wow impressive please if u hav any soft copy of any book pls forward to me at
proftens4real99@gmail.com
And secondly am very much interested in this book club am base in Lagos is the club in Lagos? where and how can someone you please

I have replied you
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by tens4real(m): 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
wman:

I have replied you
you are bless
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by PeaceGord: 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ligxy:

Wow!! Lionel in Beyond Pardon. When I was younger, I thought only my mom has this book. Thanks for mentioning it.

Just saw your post and feel like chatting you up.

I checked your DP too.

Very cute If that's you.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ligxy(f): 1:20am On Mar 08, 2020
PeaceGord:

Just saw your post and feel like chatting you up.

I checked your DP too.

Very cute If that's you.

Awww, thanks a lot. I'm also very married grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by PeaceGord: 10:58am On Mar 08, 2020
Ligxy:

Awww, thanks a lot. I'm also very married grin grin

Woow.

It'd have made sense convincing to come to Enugu on a fun trip.

But, well, continue to enjoy a happy married life.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by moorevic(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
225 katakata street

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) / Do You Remember the Pacesetters Books? / Why You Shouldn't Fart In A Crowded Elevator!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.