Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (26849 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by enellcy(f): 12:43pm On May 26, 2016
the few of my favourite novels:
honour among theives, prisoner of Birth, not a penny more not a penny less, prodigal daughter,kane and abel by jeffery Archer
Apocalypse by Robert Ludlum
All novels by Sidney Sheldon
The Client by John Grisham
DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
Harry potter series by jk Rowlings

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by donbenie(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2016
Flowers In The Attic by V C Andrews
A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follet
Hollywood Wives by Jackie Collins

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by antispexish(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2016
enellcy:
the few of my favourite novels:
honour among theives, prisoner of Birth, not a penny more not a penny less, prodigal daughter,kane and abel by jeffery Archer

prisoner of birth was WOW!
it was one of the few non esponaige novels that got me hooked .
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Kaycee7(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2016
I'm not sure any avid reader can have 'a' favorite novel. More like favorite novels of all time. Mine are:

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The Lord of the Ring series by J.R.R. Tolkien
In Death series by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
The Drummer Boy by Cyprian Ekwensi
Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 26, 2016
fredon40:
PELICAN BRIEF BY JOHN GRISHAM

I also love his a time to kill, the firm, and the last juror. My favourite of them all s the partner

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nov2(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
mamadsquare:
The Sidney Sheldon title is "Tell me your dreams"
yea thanks ur head is dia

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by OgatheTop: 1:19pm On May 26, 2016
Ligxy:

Wow!! Lionel in Beyond Pardon. When I was younger, I thought only my mom has this book. Thanks for mentioning it.

Welcome. Sir Lionel Rydal and Sister Marie.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by eodavids(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2016
THE JOY OF MOTHERHOOD; BLACK BOY; THE WHIPPING BOY
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by peterbello(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2016
Drefan2:
My favourite Novel has to be Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth novels series.

If you have not read this book then you really are missing out on a glorious experience.

Since I came across this extraordinary book mid last year, I have been glued to my screen like a hungry leech.

Everything about this book is just magnificent. The characters, the Wizard's rules and how they are tightly, beautifully, if not perfectly, embedded in each book, how all the cascading events in the series are precisely woven together into one gigantic lop is mind-boggling.

Suspense that will make your mind race in a sudden rush. At times when I read up to a thrilling part, I can't just help but to drop my phone, stand up, close my eyes, grinning joyously and I flow with the moment into another world.

The Feeling is bliss.

What site do you download your epubs from?
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by AyamConfidence(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2016
Drefan2:

I download books from different sites. But if you could tell me which one you are searching for, maybe I could render a little assistance.
thanks bro..I actually prefer crime series but I think I'll like that series you talked about earlier... Thanks
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by thugthang(m): 2:04pm On May 26, 2016
Have you read the TESTAMENT by same John Grisham?
fredon40:
PELICAN BRIEF BY JOHN GRISHAM
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=enellcy post=45985534]the few of my favourite novels:
[/quote
I also love Jeffery Archer's prisoner of birth and Kane and Abel.. Interesting reads

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Rapzino: 2:51pm On May 26, 2016
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson........
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ali97(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2016
Weep Not Child by Ngugi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Emilord(m): 3:25pm On May 26, 2016
All the novels written by Agatha Christie....especially, Murder on the Orient express
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by solepager(m): 3:30pm On May 26, 2016
Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me
it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that
kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over many years
but still feels like yesterday.

I think you should follow it up with the sequel. Materese countdown
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 26, 2016
Abatsam111:
Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me
it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that
kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over many years
but still feels like yesterday. Classic!

Yes Brov... Robert Ludlum is the greatest of all times... If you like pure espionage, conspiracy theories et al, then ''Robert Ludlum'' is your man.... Dont ever read Ludlum's novels if you gotta go to work the next day...

1) The Icarus Agenda....

2) The Bourne Series....

3) The Matarese Circle...

4) The Road to Omaha....

5) The Chancellor Manuscript...

6) The Janson Directive....

7) The Hades Factor....

cool The Moscow Vector....

9) The Prometheus Deception....

10) The Parsifal Mosaic...

Dang, This Guy is good... I can lay down my life for any of his novels.. His creativity is epic.. I feel so immersed while reading his books and it feels as if the rest of the world is Missing Out...
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by aguiyi2: 3:37pm On May 26, 2016
The god father from Mario Puzo. Carpetbadgers from Harold Robbens.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by aguiyi2: 3:38pm On May 26, 2016
Kane and Abel from Jeffery Archer
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by solepager(m): 3:38pm On May 26, 2016
MATARESE CIRCLE AND MATERESE COUNTDOWN
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Mom007(f): 4:23pm On May 26, 2016
The matarese circle, masters of the game, the godfather.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by enellcy(f): 4:46pm On May 26, 2016
antispexish:

prisoner of birth was WOW!
it was one of the few non esponaige novels that got me hooked .
yeah... Jeffery Archer fan, Always
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by CameronDash(f): 4:49pm On May 26, 2016
Emilie Bronte's Wuthering Heights. Only books she ever wrote, believed to be her biography...
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2016
khalhokage:
A song of ice and fire series. by George R.R Martin
that guy is the master of story telling, no one comes close. not even Tolkien author of lord of the rings
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2016
Meklex:
most people don't read fantasy... I enjoyed the stormlight archive... This wheel of time, how is it been hearing about it and how BS finished it.
YES . the saint of killers
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by antispexish(m): 5:20pm On May 26, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
that guy is the master of story telling, no one comes close. not even Tolkien author of lord of the rings

na a a, both of them get different craze for head, but none is better. They are both masters.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by prodigy97(m): 5:45pm On May 26, 2016
am stuck between animal farm and purple hibiscus

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by rhames(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2016
The Day Of The Jackal

The Devils Alternative

Emeka: An Autobiography Of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu

The Fourth Protocol

By Frederick Forsyth

The Eagle has Landed- Jack Higgins

The Bourne Alternative- Robert Ludlum

If Tommorow Comes- Sidney Sheldon

Harry's Game

Kingfisher- Gerald Seymour

The Saint-Leslie Charteris (for those who remember the 1970's hit TV series

Heart Of Darkness

End of tether

Youth

Gasper Ruiz

Almayers Folly

Joseph Conrad

The count of Monte Cristo

The Three Musketeers

Alexandre Dumas

Stalin-Leon Trotsky

Howard Hughes Bashful Billionaire-Albert Gerber (authorised bio of the man who built the C-130 Aircraft)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by TONYE001(m): 6:29pm On May 26, 2016
@enellcy..I see we have the same taste (Sidney Sheldon)..

My all time best is his "If Tomorrow Comes"..

Kai..Tracy Whitney and Jeff Stephens finished work in that piece..
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by enellcy(f): 8:36pm On May 26, 2016
TONYE001:
@enellcy..I see we have the same taste (Sidney Sheldon)..

My all time best is his "If Tomorrow Comes"..

Kai..Tracy Whitney and Jeff Stephens finished work in that piece..
yeah.... Very interesting novel, i love them both, they got scam techniques lol, at a point i felt for dat sadist that was trying to catch them..... Sidney Sheldon is good joor....i av read almost all his novels, Abt to read "sands of time" again.....
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by TheNature: 8:48pm On May 26, 2016
I read Mario puzo,sydney sheldon,jeffrey archer,frederick foresight.james hardly chase.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) / Do You Remember the Pacesetters Books? / Why You Shouldn't Fart In A Crowded Elevator!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.