Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) (74919 Views)

Airforce Acquires Honker Scorpion Vehicles To Tackle Terrorism / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ifycent2: 10:02am On May 26, 2016
Apc brings alot of change...........

#Worse_Regime.....,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Jabioro: 10:02am On May 26, 2016
I doubt if this bus can take it from danfo ,Eko Na for hustlers and that bus can't fit into the system ..Eleyi ke ..Oweeeeeh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by logica(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2016
mmsen:
Looks like cheap, poorly made Indian rubbish.

They couldn't buy Innoson vehicles?
...and why should Lagos buy from Innoson? Do they have plants in Lagos? What is Lagos benefiting from Innoson?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by wacoj(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2016
What happened to MADE IN NIGERIA?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by matrixme(m): 10:04am On May 26, 2016
It's just like the time one of our mediocre politician was trying to promote cashless policy but still wants to introduce 5000 naira note. You want to decongest Lagos traffic but yet want to introduce alternative buses when you know quite well you cannot get all the danfos off Lagos road in 1 day.
It brings to mind how molue drivers/NURTW thugs burnt BRT buses in the early days because they claimed it wants to replace their source of livelihood. Don't we still see one or two molues still strutting around Lagos today?
We all know that BRT ticketing and maintenance units are managed by private companies that belong to actual people, but the identity of those people is hidden. Instead of creating more private companies to pocket funds daily, why not truly liberate Lagos traffic by:
Finishing the 10 Lane roads, the metro rail projects, creating bicycle tracks and building new interchanges that could ease the free flow of vehicles?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by TenPassfour(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2016
i think this government should do more of Made in Nigeria product
no doubt Innoson can produce all this china truck at a cheaper rate
that will create more economic viable to this nation.
honestly am not giving knot to this administration
at all wher is Mr common sense, we need your book.
Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mmsen: 10:17am On May 26, 2016
logica:
...and why should Lagos buy from Innoson? Do they have plants in Lagos? What is Lagos benefiting from Innoson?

Is Lagos no longer a part of Nigeria? Does Innoson not maufacture in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by showreals(m): 10:19am On May 26, 2016
laurel03:
who be yoruba? Let all 9ja jews start using innoson motors first if other people will not do the same... Obiano launched the Anambra State City Cab Scheme with 200 cabs in December 2014, Nissan (a Japanese brand). Anambra State Mass Transit with 40 buses in February 2015, TATA (an Indian brand). #Charitybeginsathome

And that is a wrap !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by logica(m): 10:22am On May 26, 2016
mmsen:

Is Lagos no longer a part of Nigeria? Does Innoson not maufacture in Nigeria?
...and what does that have to do with patronizing Innoson? Did Lagos tell you they have a policy to only buy "made in Nigeria"? Abi Lagos is indebted to Innoson or doesn't have a choice?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Kanyol(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2016
Good news and, on the other hand, bad news, for commercial drivers in Lagos. How would they survive?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mmsen: 10:25am On May 26, 2016
logica:
...and what does that have to do with patronizing Innoson? Did Lagos tell you they have a policy to only buy "made in Nigeria"? Abi Lagos is indebted to Innoson or doesn't have a choice?

That is how you build a nation, infrastructure and commerce by patronizing those products within your own nation.

It is the limited thinking shown by people like you that has caused Nigeria to waste FOREX on imported trash.

These vehicles that Lagos state imported are low quality and yet probably more expensive than those made by Innoson.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Ajibel(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2016
Na wa ooo. What is with the obsession with Innoson

Every thread that involves Lagos commissioning something related to transportation must have Innoson dragged into it. Why?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 10:31am On May 26, 2016
And they have also striped thousands of people their only source of incom. change indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by COMPAQ(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2016
There must be like 20,000 Danfo and Molue in Lagos. Are there enough of these buses to cater for that number?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by alaskido(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2016
grin grin I laugh in pidgin English. The same Danfo drivers will apply to Lagos state government to drive the new buses and guess what, the same recklessness will continue. When Lagos state government banned the molue buses, the same molue drivers applied to drive the BRT buses and that is why you see some BRT buses looking like hell.

It is a good try anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by bouncesmail(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2016
Gud question ? You don't patronise a product that is yet to be tested and proven good , Innoson motor should take there cars to the Senate House for them to patronise then others can follow
logica:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by millhouse: 10:36am On May 26, 2016
Gud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by precious1967(m): 10:37am On May 26, 2016
for meantime. no government can remove transporters from d lives of d people. danfo ll still exist. lobatan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by logica(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2016
mmsen:

That is how you build a nation, infrastructure and commerce by patronizing those products within your own nation.

It is the limited thinking shown by people like you that has caused Nigeria to waste FOREX on imported trash.

These vehicles that Lagos state imported are low quality and yet probably more expensive than that made by Innoson.
Oh, now you speak of nation building.

This is a quote from you:

mmsen:
Will Lagos state now develop a spine and agitate for fiscal federalism or will they keep cowering to their slave masters?
The same man who speaks derogatively of Lagos (Yorubas) is now speaking of nation building and Lagos buying from Innoson. You better mind yours...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by logica(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2016
Ajibel:
Na wa ooo. What is with the obsession with Innoson

Every thread that involves Lagos commissioning something related to transportation must have Innoson dragged into it. Why?
I wonder o!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by frisky2good(m): 10:42am On May 26, 2016
Too many small buses will still result in traffic jams. What of the light trains that have gulped billions of Naira? When will they be launched?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Phemostiga(m): 10:43am On May 26, 2016
femi4:
These are small buses.....go school..u no gree
mr inteligient is it a must u agree with my comment or didnt u c molue in the writeup is molue a small bus.may God bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ceejay80s(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2016
TPAND:
If this can be implemented to a 100%, it will give Lagos the Mega City status among the comity of African Mega Cities

So what happens to all danfo buses in naija?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by bouncesmail(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2016
Buying a product made in Nigeria # is definitely a good way to develop an economic ,brands like Innoson motor should do more to penetrate into the market and also compete with existing brands ,they need a good marketing strategy to do that , they should focus on striking a deal with the federal government for them to gain competitive advantage.
As a buyer am entitled to my choose of preference on a product , a seller can't force me to buy his product , he can only attract me to his products using good marketing strategies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by femi4: 10:57am On May 26, 2016
Phemostiga:
mr inteligient is it a must u agree with my comment or didnt u c molue in the writeup is molue a small bus.may God bless u
Oponu! The emphasis of that write up is on danfo. We have few molues in Lagos now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mmsen: 10:59am On May 26, 2016
logica:
Oh, now you speak of nation building.

This is a quote from you:

The same man who speaks derogatively of Lagos (Yorubas) is now speaking of nation building and Lagos buying from Innoson. You better mind yours...

Fiscal federalism does not stop Nigerian state governments from using Nigerian currency to purchase Nigerian goods.

It makes more sense to do that than to use US dollars to buy Asian made trash.

That would be better for Nigerian industry and the nation than the brainless import dependency that continues.

P.S.
Lagos is not the only state in the South West and is probably the one with the lowest proportion of Yorubas. To claim that attacking public policy is to attack an ethno-linguistic group is retarded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 11:04am On May 26, 2016
WHY TATA
pls can someone tell me why the lagos govt chose TATA.
has tata started assembly in nigeria. if yes, then i withdraw my comment.

If no, then why not IVM, Peugeut, Kia, Nissan, or any other that is local
We need to support nigerian economy and nigerian currency

Even if for whatever reason the lagos govt wants to go with tata, if tata is not yet assemblying in nigeria, the govt can tell them that unless they establish an assembly plant in lagos, which will be paying taxes to lagos state, and emply x number of lagos citizens (am sure there are many qualified lagos citizens) they wouldnt do business with them.

NOTE. I AM NOT FROM LAGOS. BUT I LOVE NIGERIA. IF IT IS GOOD FOR LAGOS, IT IS GOOD FOR NIGERIA. IF TATA ESTABLISHES IN LAGOS, NIGERIAN ECONOMY WILL GAIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by logica(m): 11:06am On May 26, 2016
mmsen:

Fiscal federalism...blah blah blah
P.S.
Lagos is not the only state in the south west and is probably the on with the lowest proportion of Yorubas. To claim that attacking public policy is to attack an ethno-linguistic group is retarded.
You fvcking m0r0n, you want people you call slaves to buy from Innoson? Why don't you leave them to continue in their slavery eh?

I'm glad you used the operative word "probably" in your other assertion. Whenever I see that word, my mind translates it to "I don't know and probably should keep quiet".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by rose54321: 11:13am On May 26, 2016
alujonjonkijon:

u ar very wrong.taking brt to work in comfort encourages me ,more and more to leave my own car behind.so with much comfort many will glady go without their own car freeing up the roads.

I am not disputing his move has "some" advantages, kindly reread my comment, my point is Lagos has the largest IGR, it should be invested on infrastructure- low cost housing, interstate rail system, remodelling state school, public borehole systems, public toilets, the list is endless, NOT buses.

The socio economic impact of buses is minimal compared to the maintenance.

If you introduce buses in my state, in the core SW, it's multiplier effect would be higher as no transport system currently exist. Here Ambode is not introducing some thing new, he's just replacing an older system of transport (Danfo).

I am for constructive criticism, Nigeria is currently experiencing a recession, buying buses isn't a wise economic move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by shogotermies(m): 11:18am On May 26, 2016
innoson motors are expensive, kia,tata and Hyundai are more cheap.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Mayorjr(m): 11:18am On May 26, 2016
As long as say na danfo drivers go dey operate am.... Then we are wia we started!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by rose54321: 11:22am On May 26, 2016
Emodeee:

did you do account in school? How can can you say vehicle is not an asset?

If i'm not wrong ambode studied accounting in unilag. C'mon, ambode is working, lagos is working.

Jaymaxxy:

Try go learn the difference between liability and asset. The buses are for business purpose not for government officials to drive around. It will definitely bring more to the government purse.
Yes in accounting we all know it's an asset, in Economics it's a liability. Mr. Ambode is a governor and should be more interested in the economic implications of his actions NOT accounting.

As an economist, you measure the implication of your every policy, on the state and the populace -
Pertinent questions:
-What becomes of the current danfo drivers, will they be automatically employed or rendered jobless??

-What price will these vehicles charge, less than Danfos (another form of subsidy); same as Danfo, or considering their comfort - more than the current danfo charge??

-what's the long term maintenance plan for the buses??

These and many others are pertinence economic questions an economists, and I believe the governor, should be concerned with.

Introduction of buses, as I earlier explained, is a good investment, but considering Nigeria current state (early stages of a recession), they are better investment options.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting / Atiku Is From Cameroon’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Govt Only Boycott -nnamdi Kanu / Pictures Of President Buhari In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.