Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) (74930 Views)

Airforce Acquires Honker Scorpion Vehicles To Tackle Terrorism / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Liftme(f): 11:32am On May 26, 2016
jimharry21:
hmmmmm and what is going to be used to replace danfo drivers?
grin cheesy grin grin. A good question that need to be answered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by idupaul: 11:38am On May 26, 2016
Ambode distracting that fraud called Fashola daily
...Ambode is just impressive ..I believe Ambode fire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2016
grin lol ko le work we all know.... it cant work.. so who will replace d danfor driver nw.........GRADUATE... RYT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by uwajeh(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2016
With capacity to carry 30 passengers abi. I give them 6 months and the danfo drivers will be carrying 70 passengers per vehicle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by sweetgala(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2016
Phemostiga:
is brt nt ok again

This is not state owned but a state subsidised public transport system. It would be dangerous for Lagos to make BRT the only road transport system in Nigeria. Many people would be unemployed.

It is just a way to standardise vehicles and ensure all vehicles are serviced as required because all owners would be purchasing under a recorded gov initiative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Mayflowa(m): 11:59am On May 26, 2016
Burger01:
Emperor ko... entrepreneur ni undecided

Sincerely, you don't know who ademusiwa is! You wouldn't have be that quick with your word. That guy is a Nairaland legend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 26, 2016
Scholes007:
I was talking about the railway that is suppose to link Nigeria with other west African countries, the one that runs mile 2 towards seme border. If there is another then congrates to Lagos state govt.
No no no its not that one. The one I mentioned is a Lagos state project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 26, 2016
Mayflowa:

Sincerely, you don't know who ademusiwa is! You wouldn't have be that quick with your word. That guy is a Nairaland legend
abeg abeg abeg, NL kor, NL legend ni. Perhaps hez only legendary to you and the South westerns who belong to his illusional odua republic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Ojochegbe1(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2016
Give it three month, you won't recognize the bus again..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by hazyl4real(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Lagos is a country inside Nigeria cheesy grin
And oshodi is a state inside lagos...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by gabicon: 12:20pm On May 26, 2016
Scholes007:
They should include similar IVM product into this too. ITC did it,ebotrans did, abia line is doing it, Nigeria army did it and I believe lagos transport will do.

We can't afford to patronise IVM simply because it's naija assembled ivm needs to do aggressive marketing. drive from ojota to VI how many adverts or sales point of ivm do you see? How many of kia or Nissan, or Toyota do you see? People buy what they see that's why companies run adverts on TV n bill boards. As we speak I don't know a location to purchase an ivm vehicle but I know of kia Peugeot Nissan n ford Benz. If ivm doesn't give the public a taste of what they have to offer no one will take them serious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by jesuspikinjp(m): 12:31pm On May 26, 2016
girl4rmspace:
Cool, as long as they dont interfere with owners of danfo and force them to get these, its okay

govt can also employ some of them and pay them salaries, with a proper dress code.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by girl4rmspace(f): 12:40pm On May 26, 2016
jesuspikinjp:

govt can also employ some of them and pay them salaries, with a proper dress code.

that works too. Its what they did to okada riders i dont want happening again. They forced majority of them out of business. I wonder how their families feed today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Ajibel(m): 1:05pm On May 26, 2016
1NigeriaOnlyIf:
WHY TATA
pls can someone tell me why the lagos govt chose TATA.
has tata started assembly in nigeria. if yes, then i withdraw my comment.

If no, then why not IVM, Peugeut, Kia, Nissan, or any other that is local
We need to support nigerian economy and nigerian currency

Even if for whatever reason the lagos govt wants to go with tata, if tata is not yet assemblying in nigeria, the govt can tell them that unless they establish an assembly plant in lagos, which will be paying taxes to lagos state, and emply x number of lagos citizens (am sure there are many qualified lagos citizens) they wouldnt do business with them.

NOTE. I AM NOT FROM LAGOS. BUT I LOVE NIGERIA. IF IT IS GOOD FOR LAGOS, IT IS GOOD FOR NIGERIA. IF TATA ESTABLISHES IN LAGOS, NIGERIAN ECONOMY WILL GAIN

TATA has a plant in Lagos sir http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/tata-promises-improved-service-sets-up-plant/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:
It seems Mr. Ambode is out of ideas on how to spend Lagos IGR..
Anyone close to him should pls tell him that vehicles aren't infrastructures, they can improve the cost of living, but the long term economic effect is minimal as its a liability not an asset.
It is you that has run out of what to say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 26, 2016
Mayflowa:

is this meant to be a joke or what undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by NigelCundy: 1:08pm On May 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by NigelCundy: 1:09pm On May 26, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by rose54321: 1:10pm On May 26, 2016
sweetylicious:
It is you that has run out of what to say

Uuuuu, did I touch a nerve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Ajibel(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:

Yes in accounting we all know it's an asset, in Economics it's a liability. Mr. Ambode is a governor and should be more interested in the economic implications of his actions NOT accounting.

As an economist, you measure the implication of your every policy, on the state and the populace -
Pertinent questions:
-What becomes of the current danfo drivers, will they be automatically employed or rendered jobless??

-What price will these vehicles charge, less than Danfos (another form of subsidy); same as Danfo, or considering their comfort - more than the current danfo charge??

-what's the long term maintenance plan for the buses??

These and many others are pertinence economic questions an economists, and I believe the governor, should be concerned with.

Introduction of buses, as I earlier explained, is a good investment, but considering Nigeria current state (early stages of a recession), they are better investment options.

Obviously you dont follow the LASG plans on the transport sector else you wouldnt appear misinformed as you are now.

1. Lagos state has a drivers training institute where drivers are retrained. Once these new buses are out, any danfo driver who wishes to join would go through the institute and after being certified be given a bus. They have made the arrangements and the NURTW chapter in Lagos is in the know and have bought into this idea.

2. These buses would charge less than Danfo the same way BRT on most routes charge a lesser fee. This would make lagosians attracted to the new buses. Besides, the new buses would offer better comfort than Danfos. It's already stated in the plan.

3. The LASG have already established maintenance points for BRT buses where the would be serviced and mechanics have been employed there. I know of one. So I believe the govt would do same for these new buses.

4. The government have transport industry experts who are well paid to advice and come up with policies. So I dont expect them not to factor in all the points you have raised. You and I cant know better than them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Mayflowa(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

abeg abeg abeg, NL kor, NL legend ni. Perhaps hez only legendary to you and the South westerns who belong to his illusional odua republic

Wen you come Nairaland sef? Oh I just checked. Just yesterday
SMH. U need to respect our differences. Musiwa is known for his esoteric analysis of events just like we know Mr. Cork is a troll. At least u even recognized his contributions. This is my first time of seeing ur handle. You are not generally known here. If for anything, Musiwa is 7 yrs older than you on this platform. I am. 5 yrs older. We know how it operates far better than you. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by kossyablaze(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2016
colossus2:

1. What infrastructure do Lagos need?
2. Is this a bad development?
Answer 0ne.4th and 5th mainland bridge. Answer two... Yes it is a bad development. More cars more traffic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Phemostiga(m): 1:19pm On May 26, 2016
sweetgala:

This is not state owned but a state subsidised public transport system. It would be dangerous for Lagos to make BRT the only road transport system in Nigeria. Many people would be unemployed.

It is just a way to standardise vehicles and ensure all vehicles are serviced as required because all owners would be purchasing under a recorded gov initiative.
thanks for the explanation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Scholes007(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2016
gabicon:

We can't afford to patronise IVM simply because it's naija assembled ivm needs to do aggressive marketing. drive from ojota to VI how many adverts or sales point of ivm do you see? How many of kia or Nissan, or Toyota do you see? People buy what they see that's why companies run adverts on TV n bill boards. As we speak I don't know a location to purchase an ivm vehicle but I know of kia Peugeot Nissan n ford Benz. If ivm doesn't give the public a taste of what they have to offer no one will take them serious.
IVM is still a very young vehicle company, they likely many not have the finance to go into "aggressive advertisement". They need govt support to achieve whatever you expect them to do, If you look closely All the the organisations I mentioned are state/fed owned. I used the clause "should include similar". Which means the state govt can as well include some of IVM products into scheme, which is it'self an advertisement and also patronage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by rose54321: 1:22pm On May 26, 2016
fados4sure:

Look at you. The first time i step my feet in Europe, the taxi i took was a Limo and the driver was wearing complete suite with tie.

In case you are unaware Europe is a continent and not a country.
BTW I don't quite get the relevance of your comment to the topic or my post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by chrisblack: 1:25pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:
It seems Mr. Ambode is out of ideas on how to spend Lagos IGR..
Anyone close to him should pls tell him that vehicles aren't infrastructures, they can improve the cost of living, but the long term economic effect is minimal as its a liability not an asset.
guy u mumu die.you actually don't live in lagos.do you know the amount of money lost to an inefficient transport setting.i tell this is going to be one of the best things to happen in lagos. Traffic hold up leads to lost of billions.yes public transportation is also termed infrastructure if your narrow mined does not know dou think only trains can be called so.eko oni baje

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:

In case you are unaware Europe is a continent and not a country.
BTW I don't quite get the relevance of your comment to the topic or my post
Incase you are not aware, Lagos state is a state not a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by rose54321: 1:30pm On May 26, 2016
fados4sure:

Incase you are not aware, Lagos state is a state not a country

Exactly my point, why compare a state to "Europe"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Phemostiga(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2016
femi4:
Oponu! The emphasis of that write up is on danfo. We have few molues in Lagos now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by chrisblack: 1:30pm On May 26, 2016
J
Rolings:

The FG owns the trains
u are Fantastically wrong.the blue line starting from okokomiako through. Mile 2 to marina belongs to the lagos state government. And it's beign manage by LAMATA.stop the misinformation. For your information again the red line from Agbado to marina will soon commence also by the state govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by rose54321: 1:31pm On May 26, 2016
chrisblack:
guy u mumu die.you actually don't live in lagos.do you know the amount of money lost to an inefficient transport setting.i tell this is going to be one of the best things to happen in lagos. Traffic hold up leads to lost of billions.yes public transportation is also termed infrastructure if your narrow mined does not know dou think only trains can be called so.eko oni baje

I laugh in Spanish, so the buses being introduced will reduce traffic?
Please kindly teach me how that works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:

Exactly my point, why compare a state to "Europe"
Because, majorly all European countries i have visited, all have almost the same transport system that was why i specifically say Europe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting / Atiku Is From Cameroon’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Govt Only Boycott -nnamdi Kanu / Pictures Of President Buhari In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.