Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) (74931 Views)

Airforce Acquires Honker Scorpion Vehicles To Tackle Terrorism / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 1:38pm On May 26, 2016
Thanks Ajibel
many thanks indeed.

in that case, i rest my case. I AM NOT FOR GEJ, I AM NOT FOR PMB, I AM FOR NIGERIA

I read the article on Vanguard you posted. It was a promise by Tata to build assembly plant in nigeria. I hope they have fulfiled it. If they have, Carry go ambode. Patronise them. That will lead to jobs for lagosians and nigerians. I am not a lagosian, but i will be happy to hear that the company employed lagosians. Their income tax, The company tax to the government, money saved on forex, etc, are all good for nigeria.

Ajibel:

TATA has a plant in Lagos sir http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/tata-promises-improved-service-sets-up-plant/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 26, 2016
idupaul:
Ambode distracting that fraud called Fashola daily
...Ambode is just impressive ..I believe Ambode fire
All APC governor are the same, don't be deceived. They will go & borrow money & do heaven on earth in their first tennior & in their second tennior, they will be paying & not do anything. Look at Edo, Osun, Ogun, Oyo? They are all cruck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by idupaul: 1:48pm On May 26, 2016
fados4sure:

All APC governor are the same, don't be deceived. They will go & borrow money & do heaven on earth in their first tennior & in their second tennior, they will be paying & not do anything. Look at Edo, Osun, Ogun, Oyo? They are all cruck

Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ZUBY77(m): 1:55pm On May 26, 2016
jimharry21:
hmmmmm and what is going to be used to replace danfo drivers?

That was my first reaction too.

What about the Danfo Drivers and their conductors?
What happens to them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ArcToyin(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Lagos is a country inside Nigeria cheesy grin
hahahahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by gbishman: 2:45pm On May 26, 2016
Is Lagos in this country called Nigeria at all? where other state governors are crying like babies Lagos state is making giant strides in delivering better quality of life for its people.
Let me hear any governor of any other state make noise.
Bastards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ChopBellefull(m): 2:54pm On May 26, 2016
Progressive01:
They look kinda "toy-ish" to me. Hope they are durable enough to accommodate the stress of Gidi.

Seems only Ambode and Obiano are the only governors we have in this country.
I agree with u... Buh i consider d market women dat has lots of load, hw wil dey convey dia goods in ds kinda vehicle. Ds . No go fit carry som lagos market woman load oo. Danfo ti take over o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by judondasylva(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2016
wow nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mikolo80: 3:24pm On May 26, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mikolo80: 3:25pm On May 26, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Lagos is a country inside Nigeria cheesy grin
every state is but they refuse to use their comparativ advantage.(mostly agric and solid minerals)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Rolings: 3:37pm On May 26, 2016
chrisblack:
Ju are Fantastically wrong.the blue line starting from okokomiako through. Mile 2 to marina belongs to the lagos state government. And it's beign manage by LAMATA.stop the misinformation. For your information again the red line from Agbado to marina will soon commence also by the state govt

Is the orile to mile2 line complete?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Rolings: 3:40pm On May 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which FG?? This is untrue.. The project is incomplete..

The more reason I said FG owns the train lines I.e. complete ready to use lines belong to FG, Lagos state government's is still under construction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Rolings: 3:41pm On May 26, 2016
disloman:
The trains GEJ bought?If you don't know,you better ask.It is not a FG's project.

Did GEJ buy them with his money? The trains belong to FG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 26, 2016
Mayflowa:

Wen you come Nairaland sef? Oh I just checked. Just yesterday
SMH. U need to respect our differences. Musiwa is known for his esoteric analysis of events just like we know Mr. Cork is a troll. At least u even recognized his contributions. This is my first time of seeing ur handle. You are not generally known here. If for anything, Musiwa is 7 yrs older than you on this platform. I am. 5 yrs older. We know how it operates far better than you. Lol
How would you be soo flippant yet claim to have been here for 5yrs? Many of us here operate with more than one monikers, using the more recent ones for convenience.
I've been on NL way longer than your mini idol Musiwa. Been on NL since when NL was an embryo, 2007.I can prove it to you with my other account. So seeing that you yorubas worship ur elders, why don't you bow down and kiss my feet.
And oh, The so called Emperor Ademusiwa is not a legend, he is a nuisance to the politics section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by simplycarro: 3:46pm On May 26, 2016
fados4sure:

Yekppppaaaaa
See IMSU graduate . cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Jaymaxxy(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:

Yes in accounting we all know it's an asset, in Economics it's a liability. Mr. Ambode is a governor and should be more interested in the economic implications of his actions NOT accounting.

As an economist, you measure the implication of your every policy, on the state and the populace -
Pertinent questions:
-What becomes of the current danfo drivers, will they be automatically employed or rendered jobless??

-What price will these vehicles charge, less than Danfos (another form of subsidy); same as Danfo, or considering their comfort - more than the current danfo charge??

-what's the long term maintenance plan for the buses??

These and many others are pertinence economic questions an economists, and I believe the governor, should be concerned with.

Introduction of buses, as I earlier explained, is a good investment, but considering Nigeria current state (early stages of a recession), they are better investment options.

Bro, it seems you don't understand how populous lagos is. You will be surprised that after the introduction of these buses into the transport system of lagos, the demand won't still be met.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by HomeOfMe(f): 3:47pm On May 26, 2016
whirlwind7:
In 2 years of use, they will all become more or less scraps. Same as what happened with BRT. Same as what befalls every new thing in naija.
With the kind of reckless drivers Lagos has,they'd destroy the life out of the buses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by stevedre: 5:41pm On May 26, 2016
laurel03:
who be yoruba? Let all 9ja jews start using innoson motors first if other people will not do the same... Obiano launched the Anambra State City Cab Scheme with 200 cabs in December 2014, Nissan (a Japanese brand). Anambra State Mass Transit with 40 buses in February 2015, TATA (an Indian brand). #Charitybeginsathome
If what you wrote is true then you have a very valid point but as a eastern Nigerian I guess Lagos is not my home even if I'm born there according to your analysis. There is only one race and that's the human race, 1 love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Mayflowa(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

How would you be soo flippant yet claim to have been here for 5yrs? Many of us here operate with more than one monikers, using the more recent ones for convenience.
I've been on NL way longer than your mini idol Musiwa. Been on NL since when NL was an embryo, 2007.I can prove it to you with my other account. So seeing that you yorubas worship ur elders, why don't you bow down and kiss my feet.
And oh, The so called Emperor Ademusiwa is not a legend, he is a nuisance to the politics section.

You are very insulting! It's hard to discuss issues with u. Did you check my post with you. I try as much to be polite as possible.

How would I know u hv several accounts? I am not yoruba and I don't play the tribal cards. Musiwa is known for esoteric comments and maps. That I appreciate him for. Like I said, its hard to discuss with u because you hit back with insults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by TomLepskie(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2016
colossus2:

1. What infrastructure do Lagos need?
2. Is this a bad development?

Roads, water,light,these are what makes a mega city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by mrmetoo1: 6:49pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:
It seems Mr. Ambode is out of ideas on how to spend Lagos IGR..
Anyone close to him should pls tell him that vehicles aren't infrastructures, they can improve the cost of living, but the long term economic effect is minimal as its a liability not an asset.

Is this you trying to sound smart? Improving transportation isn't part of building a state?? Have you been outside your zone? The transportation sector of run properly will even improve IGR. Then so all the news of Ambode, you haven't seen him invest in infrastructure??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 26, 2016
rose54321:

Uuuuu, did I touch a nerve
No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by chrisblack: 11:43pm On May 26, 2016
Rolings:

Is the orile to mile2 line complete?
almost.close to 93%.if you are conversant you will notice they are already on the lagoon piling for the bridge and also working at the marina and cms axis. I ply this route every day. I will send you some pics tommorow.even at marina and cms the pillars for the bridge are under construction.thanks eko oni baje

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by disloman(m): 12:13am On May 27, 2016
Rolings:

Did GEJ buy them with his money? The trains belong to FG
Your brain should be able to code that GEJ=FG but still the project is not FG's project.Shikena.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Zipopo(m): 2:53am On May 27, 2016
mikolo80:
this ambo take style get sense o

Very smart guy and he has target delivery to his boss now..... Understand
Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ba7man(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2016
Rolings:

The more reason I said FG owns the train lines I.e. complete ready to use lines belong to FG, Lagos state government's is still under construction.
FG doesn't own diddy squat in that project.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ba7man(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2016
kossyablaze:
Answer 0ne.4th and 5th mainland bridge. Answer two... Yes it is a bad development. More cars more traffic
So You want danfos to remain on the streets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by Rolings: 9:02am On May 27, 2016
ba7man:
FG doesn't own diddy squat in that project.....

Are you confused ? I'm not talking of Lagos rail project which is uncompleted but Lagos to Kano rail line which is working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ba7man(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2016
TRUTHaDDICT:
And they have also striped thousands of people their only source of incom. change indeed!
..... when they refused to upgrade themselves and their services.

As a matter of fact, they keep getting dirtier and their buses more rickety as the years progress.... and their attitude kept getting worse.

That's life, if you don't improve yourself, you'll get left behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by ba7man(m): 9:07am On May 27, 2016
Rolings:

Are you confused ? I'm not talking of Lagos rail project which is uncompleted but Lagos to Kano rail line which is working
Abeg, we're talking better projects here like elevated Lightrail flanked by a super highway......... you're even referring to those 30kmph trains on refurbished tracks that have been in existence since forever. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) by kossyablaze(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2016
ba7man:
So You want danfos to remain on the streets?
u not getting the logic... Instead of buying new ones to add to the old ones, he should collect the old ones and give them the new ones. Eg... Collect 5 danfo, replace it with 5 new ones. Itz better than leave 5 danfo, add 5 new ones again. Which makes them 10 in all thr by worsening the lagos traffic

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting / Atiku Is From Cameroon’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Govt Only Boycott -nnamdi Kanu / Pictures Of President Buhari In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.