Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,813 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) (38586 Views)

Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / People With Placards Beg Jonathan To Come Back In Police Presence In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by totorimi: 2:26pm On May 26, 2016
I do not agree that Buhari has the right orientation, physical strength and intellectual ability to turn Nigeria around for good, hence he resort to the old approach of intimidation and harassment soon when he runs out of steam he will resort to the old way of elimination of perceived enemies.

Nigeria needs a real young, confident and bold person, highly educated and knowledgeable about technology and how to prioritize our problems. I believe technology can go along way in solving our transportation problems. Same for our education and agriculture sector. For our economy all we need is a visionary leader who is ready to bet on the young able bodied youths with sound ideas. For power we need to empower the private sector to come on board. For states, they need to be self sufficient by giving them a free hand to look inward and develop their states natural resources. The federal govt should be less of the mighty big govt. It should just be there to hold the country together by managing the army and other national defense issues.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by Richman15: 2:26pm On May 26, 2016
eyeview:

Am not a fan of PDP nor GEJ but you people has been brainwashed so much into believing that Nigeria is coming out from an apocalypse. Where is Nigeria coming from,really? In actual fact,we are coming from
1,being the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world to not even making the 1st 15 growing economies in africa!
2,From being an investment destination to sliding into the worse recession since 1991
3,From N202 to a dollar to N360-N400 to a dollar(first in the history of the naira)
4,From an electricity tarriff of N12.30 to N21.40 per unit of consumption
5,From N87/litre of fuel to N145/litre(first in the history of fuel pricing,despite the fall in the price of crude)
6,From a maximum of 1week fuel scarcity to an unprecedented 4months uninterrupted fuel scarcity(first in history)
7,From around 5,000megawatts to 0megawatts in electricity power generation(first in history)
8,Even tomato is now 4 for N1000(first in the history of tomato since creation)

The list is endless.
And you are here referring to 'where we are coming from?'
Son,you need to go wash your brain off zombeism and go learn the act of thinking objectively for yourself.

Now,to educate you a bit on the art and science of management. When a new manager takes over the saddle of leadership,the predecessor's 'poor achievements' automatically becomes his benchmark. His work from day one is to grow all the indices left behind by the former. Eg,if GEJ was hovering around 5000 megawatts,its expected that Buhari starts to build from there to 6000 to 7000 megawatts upwards, but instead it went down to 0.
Son,you don't grow like that. I wish you and many others to remove the cloak of tribalism,nepotism and look at issues from a more objective manner and you will realize that this govt has scored less than 8% as a govt. And since govt is assessed based on a 4year cumulative result,he needs to perform exceptionally well in the next 3years to wipe off the poor ratings of the first quarter because this poor outing of year1 will still add to his cumulative scorecard. I hope you understand cos I've done my best to make it as elementary as I can
I am Really Impressed by your Arguement and Points. U make SENSE. That is d Truth.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by iamord(m): 2:34pm On May 26, 2016
chimere66:
BBCAfrica popped up the questions on Nigerians' assessment of President Buhari's first year in office.Nigerians from various states like Lagos,Benin and others have responded to the question many of whom did with a placard.Tracy,Ngozi,Stan and others responded with majority of them expressing their displeasure with Buhari.One of the placards has an inscription....

'Before we were suffering and smiling,you have taken away our smile' written on it.

See the placards/inscriptions above

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/05/see-how-nigerians-are-disgracing.html

False alarm!!!!
They are still smiling grin
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by KMJY(f): 2:38pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:
To all Buhari haters,he will complete his 8years in office whether anyone like it or not. We are not moved by all these online blackmailing.

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
Are you God? Was it not the same thing we said of GEJ? Where is he today? The only thing that will make Buhari remain in office is if he is able to give Nigerians good governance and dividents of democracy. Else, it will take only God for him to ever smell the corridors of power with the kind of hardship he's subjected Nigerians to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by hyperflex(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2016
All of you Buhari apologists are fools I swear. You put sentiment before reasoning. You put selfishness before the general good. The economy was not in a great shape before. Nigerians were suffering but managing their pains then Buhari comes and makes it worse. Whoever told you that you have to make a problem worse to solve it has a selfish plan. And is very senseless. Is corruption Nigeria's only problem? Una hug Buhari cuz of corruption. You wanna get back at people who r already made n can't be touched. Babangida, Danjuma, Abacha, ObJ etc. Keep wasting your time. What about unemployment, food, shelter , energy, mineral resources etc to help the suffering masses feel better? Imagine we didn't have minister for agriculture I swear all of u learned need to ashamed. You act n think you have a choice but u don't. Kingmakers gave u a candidate they wanted n paid u to vote for him. Educated derelicts up n down. Cheer on Buhari cuz corruption is the only problem Nigeria has.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by shehuolayinka(m): 2:41pm On May 26, 2016
Sincerely speaking, I wonder how some people think. Even a blind or deaf man won't claim not to know that this man and his policies are plunging Nigeria into an abyss. Buhari and APC really scam Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by colli247(m): 2:46pm On May 26, 2016
mars123:
you're the failure because a man that has 400metres to run but is taking last in the first 100m is been considered a failure by you. His tenure is a race and there will be good times also. Those who choose not to be fully ignorant knows where Nigeria is coming from.
how fast the man can be in 100m will determine weather he get to 4oometres fool idiot of no comparison

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by mikolo80: 2:47pm On May 26, 2016
chimere66:
Nawa!It is nt easy to rule
nope thats why majority prefer to be critics.
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by IAmTobore(m): 2:54pm On May 26, 2016
Buhari's government was a failure "BACK 2 BACK". But the zombies always deny it!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by Nnemuka(f): 3:09pm On May 26, 2016
mars123:
you're the failure because a man that has 400metres to run but is taking last in the first 100m is been considered a failure by you. His tenure is a race and there will be good times also. Those who choose not to be fully ignorant knows where Nigeria is coming from.
yes we were coming from Hell.
I mean the hottest part of hell were hunger and hardship was the order of the day.

Nigerians were really suffering then until buhari came and suddenly we are heading to heaven.
Nigerians are on their way to heaven.

How old are you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by kingsass: 3:12pm On May 26, 2016
eyeview:

Am not a fan of PDP nor GEJ but you people has been brainwashed so much into believing that Nigeria is coming out from an apocalypse. Where is Nigeria coming from,really? In actual fact,we are coming from
1,being the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world to not even making the 1st 15 growing economies in africa!
2,From being an investment destination to sliding into the worse recession since 1991
3,From N202 to a dollar to N360-N400 to a dollar(first in the history of the naira)
5,From N87/litre of fuel to N145/litre(first in the history of fuel pricing,despite the fall in the price of crude)
6,From a maximum of 1week fuel scarcity to an unprecedented 4months uninterrupted fuel scarcity(first in history)
7,From around 5,000megawatts to 0megawatts in electricity power generation(first in history)

The list is endless.
Son,you need to go wash your brain off zombeism and go learn the act of thinking objectively for yourself.

Now,to educate you a bit on the art and science of management. When a new manager takes over the saddle of leadership,the predecessor's 'poor achievements' automatically becomes his benchmark. His work from day one is to grow all the indices left behind by the former. Eg,if GEJ was hovering around 5000 megawatts,its expected that Buhari starts to build from there to 6000 to 7000 megawatts upwards, but instead it went down to 0.
Son,you don't grow like that. I wish you and many others to remove the cloak of tribalism,nepotism and look at issues from a more objective manner and you will realize that this govt has scored less than 8% as a govt. And since govt is assessed based on a 4year cumulative result,he needs to perform exceptionally well in the next 3years to wipe off the poor ratings of the first quarter because this poor outing of year1 will still add to his cumulative scorecard. I hope you understand cos I've done my best to make it as elementary as I can

Before u call Nigeria's conditoin a failure pls look@ China's history and how they became great......if only u knew the number of people that died and the number of years of hardship it took you will know that Buhari is trying.....If u think it's a lie check all the Great countries economy and hw it became Big/ developed......The triangle of economics is 3 ie Good, Fast and Cheap and only 2 can be chosen....
If you want what is Good and Fast it will not be Cheap
If you want what is Fast and cheap it will not be good
And If you want what is Good and Cheap it will not be fast
So let give this things time and wait for I believe Nigeria is a great country and before things get better they get worse.
Let's just hope and pray that Nigeria prospers
Good Bless Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by AlanSugar(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2016
mars123:

And it isn't even right to judge a 400 metre race @ the end of the first 100 meters. They need to purchase the patient linen lest the die of heat!
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by tete7000(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2016
mars123:

The problem with people like you is you want to pretend you are intelligent when you are actually not. How do you compare a man in a race with a man who governs over a people where lives are concerned? So if people die of starvation, hopelessness and despondency in the first two years, of what use is prosperity that comes in the last two years? Can you see that your analogy is senseless and despicable? When people lives are involved, it becomes issue of urgent nature. If the fortune of the country must be turned around it must be in time. People are loosing their jobs, families are being torn apart, children are ravaged by hunger. There is despair and hopelessness in the land. Trust has been broken by people who suppose to governed with honesty but have decided to wreck havoc with perennial lies. Only dummies like you are not intelligent enough to see.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by Freedom4us: 3:16pm On May 26, 2016
[size=14pt]We all know that B00hari is a monumental failure.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by adimsmt: 3:24pm On May 26, 2016
lukency:
They are ill informed nigerianx who have refused to align with d reality on ground.Govts all over d world dont pick money on ground to maintain its economy.

You don't tell a blind man that war have started. This excuses for this government should stop no matter how you see it. This administration one year in office is total failure, No matter how bad things was he came in to make things better not to destroying them. This administration came in without formulating a comprehensive economic plans there by resulting in try and error with our economy see where it has landed us. And I agree with you that no government pick money from the mountain and I as proud Nigerian don't have the expectations that everything will be solved with magic worn. The reality on the ground are this one year has been a wasted opportunity and no Nigerian in his/her right mind will align with a reality that are not clear to them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by francisbiz: 3:27pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:
To all Buhari haters,he will complete his 8years in office whether anyone like it or not. We are not moved by all these online blackmailing.

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
How much B bag of rice

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by theMEGAman(m): 3:32pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:
All I can see are Ipod zombies/terrorist.

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
How many people like ur comment out of 170million Nigeria?. mumu Na sickness grin
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
How many people like ur comment out of 170million Nigeria?. mumu Na sickness

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by theMEGAman(m): 3:32pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
How many people like ur comment out of 170million Nigeria?. mumu Na sickness grin
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
How many people like ur comment out of 170million Nigeria?. mumu Na sickness tongue
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
How many people like ur comment out of 170million Nigeria?. mumu Na sickness

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by VictorRomanov: 3:35pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.

My guy, try get small sense! E won't hurt!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by alowonle02(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2016
eyeview:

Why are you quick to express tribal hate.
People with your level of hate and bitterness die early ooo. So ensure you find that inner peace that has eluded you before you depart.
Even when some actually put their names on the hashtag and its clearly not igbo,you still blindly went that way.
And I ask,if you are a zombie,does it mean you are not feeling this effect of the failure of this administration or do you just prefer to constantly live in denial
I can obviously see it from ur comment dat u re one of d haters of Buhari administration. But what I will want from u is to exercise patient and see things turn around for better in Nigeria. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by ejilife: 3:45pm On May 26, 2016
budosky:
United we stand and divided we fall!

.."No! Its better that we move slightly apart and succeed, its much worse that we move togther and all perish in the resultant collision"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by Jimijones(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
. Yes, God bless Nigeria, and may He give Buhari wisdom and maturity. But you on the other hand, please state which areas of life in Nigeria that have gotten better since Buhari became President to date. Do this objectively; without unnecessary insults.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by alowonle02(m): 3:51pm On May 26, 2016
francafrank:

yes i year is not enough time? when the time comes Nigerians will all be gone/ dead as a result of hardship. who will then enjoy the change?
No one will die but live to enjoy d good work of Buhari administration. Let be patient.
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by Ebubeslym(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2016
eyeview:

The list is endless.

concise analysis bro.
Spot on.
I love you for this (no homo)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by alowonle02(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2016
I don't belief dis shit. Should truly happen it would have been from d haters of Buhari administration. Nigerians are too impatient but always eager to see things turn around suddenly. Change is a gradual process which implore us to wait for dis administration to reshape dis country and pilot its affair to greater high. May God Almighty bless Nigeria. Ameen.
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by socialmediaman: 4:04pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria.

He'll complete 8years whether he governs well or not? And you still typed "God Bless Nigeria"? This was the same thing wailers said about GEJ
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by timilinda(f): 4:05pm On May 26, 2016
[b][/b]
eyeview:

The list is endless.

Pls somebody should dash "eyeview" likes! He nailed it!
"eyeview", ONE MILLION LIKES FOR U!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by kossyablaze(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2016
Beeman1:
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria.
Mynd44 I'm waiting for ur action on this
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by DedeNkem: 4:10pm On May 26, 2016
chimere66:
Nawa!It is nt easy to rule

Yes, being a president is tough but tougher when you're clueless and unfit for the office!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by Splashme: 4:20pm On May 26, 2016
boldaslion:
Are you united? Buhari has succeeded in dividing Nigeria further that he is now afraid of even his political family which informed his refusal to visit Lagos on monday as planned. He is afraid of even his shadows.
Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by judah2000: 4:31pm On May 26, 2016
Gaskia:
Obama inherited an American economy from Bush at its lowest ebb in 1999. He proceeded to bail out ailing private companies like General Motors and many others with public fund and the economy bounced back.

GEJ granted import waivers to private firms to stimulate home economy and prevent job losses and Buhari people in House of Reps are busy shouting that we lost billions due to import waivers granted by GEJ.

They lack the capacity to analyze the effect of that ingenuous action on our economy. They don't know its an economic tool yet they clap for Dubai and China who operate low or zero tax/ duty regime to attract foreign and stimulate local investments.

Hypocritically, they clap for PMB who waived tax for Dangote last month in exchange for road construction in a certain Northern state.

APC need sound economists and statesmen to rescue Nigeria. Its not enough to seize power by propaganda, you must use it aright.

chai

ur head dey dia

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) by itsmaleekbaby(m): 4:32pm On May 26, 2016
If you guys look at the first 3 pictures,thos pics were taken at the same place with the same placard. Nigerians you know what I mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Now Presiding Over Tuesday Plenary. / Commanding Officer, Soldier, 15 Others Killed As Herders Storm Benue LG Again / Ibe Kachiukwu Assumes Office As Minister Of State For Petroleum Resources (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.