Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (5678 Views)

Emir Lamido Sanusi At The Hajj Pilgrimage In Mecca (Photos) / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Ess: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2009
@wirinet---Yes we are, and hopefully we'll soon get someone that will go after our govt LOOTERS also. We the youth need to know that Nigeria is beyond ethnicity when it comes to these cabals! Its more about money and power.

Nevertheless some people will be shouting and ranting about without any solid evidence against the few good ones we still have.
May Sanusi continue doing the unimaginable for Nigeria.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by jacobs123(m): 10:33am On Aug 23, 2009
Sanusi has demonstrated what it means to be a regulator. He sold his shares in first bank when he became MD, he asked that his running loans be converted to commercial rates to avoid conflict of interest.

The Ghana must go and lazy press will not report this, but will complain that the man is making mistakes. The only set of people who do not make mistakes are those who do nothing.

in his interview with punch he declared thus when asked abut "a northern agenda"
Have they said that i am a thief? have they said I am not qualified? have they said I do not understand economics? have i done insider related transactions? in my 20 years of banking, has anyone given me a bribe? have i ever taken money froma customer? have i ever given myself a loan? i will take all of them on because there is nothing in my records that I amashamed of. and we will deal with anybody who had been involved in any unprofessional or unethical practice in banking.[color=#990000][/color]

we need to start being objective as a people and also start relying less on our compromised journalists.

one of the tragedies of NIgeria is that we condemn people who are 70% honest for their 30% percieved dishonesty while we keep quiet about those who are 100% dishonest hoping that God will deal with them. That is why our country keeps going in the opposite direction of progress.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by jacobs123(m): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2009
jacobs123:

in his interview with punch he declared thus when asked abut "a northern agenda"
Have they said that i am a thief? have they said I am not qualified? have they said I do not understand economics? have i done insider related transactions? in my 20 years of banking, has anyone given me a bribe? have i ever taken money froma customer? have i ever given myself a loan? i will take all of them on because there is nothing in my records that I amashamed of. and we will deal with anybody who had been involved in any unprofessional or unethical practice in banking.[color=#990000][/color]

we need to start being objective as a people and also start relying less on our compromised journalists.

one of the tragedies of NIgeria is that we condemn people who are 70% honest for their 30% percieved dishonesty while we keep quiet about those who are 100% dishonest hoping that God will deal with them. That is why our country keeps going in the opposite direction of progress.

how many of his critics can make the declaration above in their jobs. how any bank CEOs can say this? how many of those traders who call themselves bank marketers can say this. You find bankers going before credit risk comiittee to justify loans that will go bad because they've collected some money. I'm sure we have bankers on this forum and they understand what i'm talking about. Is that not one of the reasons why a banking officer in marketing may be living larger than an assistant manager in operations?
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Daji31: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2009
Its with heavy heart I write to express my view on the subject matter. cry

Lets be as objective as possible in our analysis. Most analysis are based on sentiments. Its unfortunate that while most of us are not beneficiaries of the corrupt practices of people we tend to be sentimental about, we come out in their defence and want to make people believe that they are being victimised.

These sentiments being expressed is only at the grassroot level and this is what is used in distracting the masses from being focused on the real issues.

When engaging in questionable business transactions, these players are not bothered whether their business parners are from Fulani, Igbo or Yoruba and if the even practice any religion at all. All that matters is business and more money to their pockets even to the detriment of those that are always rising to sympathise and support them even when evidencies shows otherwise. This may be a peculiar kind of love those who "deserve" it. Very unfortunate.

Its better to focus on issues rather than pulling red herrings. Doing the right thing must start someday.

Sanusi should not be seen as a super star. He was only given the opportunity to shine by those who soiled themselves in unwholesome practices. If they did things right, whether he hates them, there will be no cogent reason to throw the CEOs out.

Lets be Nigerians when as we address this issues just as they were all Nigerians when the were giving out loans to willing partners from all geo-political zones.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Jarus(m): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2009
jacobs123:

how many of his critics can make the declaration above in their jobs. how any bank CEOs can say this? how many of those traders who call themselves bank marketers can say this. You find bankers going before credit risk comiittee to justify loans that will go bad because they've collected some money. I'm sure we have bankers on this forum and they understand what i'm talking about. Is that not one of the reasons why a banking officer in marketing may be living larger than an assistant manager in operations?
Sanusi is a thorough-bred professional and a conservative banker with strong regard for the ethics and ethos of the profession and strongly believe you have to play by the rules. His colleagues that prefer to jump rules know him with this. One defender of Cecilia Ibru even shot himself in the foot, carelessly revealing how Cecilia Ibru and co raised N2.5Billion to stop the choice of Sanusi as CBN governor? If she didn't have any skeleton in her cupboard, why was she afraid of Sanusi becoming CBN governor? She knew Sanusi, being a co-CEO, was well aware of their unholy activities. It's like assuming all indicators pointing to the emergence of a person like Gani Fawehinmi as president of Nigeria, and the thieving politicians doing all their best to stop it, knowing full well that they are in trouble if a straightforward man like Gani becomes president. This is what I read of Cecilia's actions.
Sanusi's conservative, play-by-the-rule posture to banking is well known to other CEOs and some of them made attempts to smear him while at FBN, most prominent of which was the 'de-marketing' accusation Akingbola and his Intercontinental bank hurled at him early this year. What was termed de-marketing was Sanusi's non-hesitation to speak out about the unethical practices some of his colleagues were engaging in. For those who don't know, Sanusi has always been an outspoken, fearless critic from his days at UBA. This I mentioned in my article on him: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=147240%20-

I have passionately defended Sanusi on and beyond NL as if I have been paid to do PR job for him, but my belief in Sanusi is purely research-induced. The reasons are two-fold: One, this man competed with the South's best in the private sector and rose to become the GMD of one of Africa's largest financial group. If he can stand his own against ivy-league-schools-trained professionals from the south in the private sector, who says he can't perform at the apex bank? This was why my own point has been that don't let us dismiss this man just because of his tribe and religion. Let's see what he has to offer. Two, I have read more than 30 of his writings,people's rejoinders to his writings and his rejoinders to other people's writing(I have a special folder for them on my system), and I have formed opinion about his personality. The summary of who I see him to be, from his writings, is that he's a fearless, straightforward disciplinarian that can look at anybody in the eyes and tell him/her what he feels is the truth. I must however state that I have one or two reservations about his personality, but I think he has realized this as he stated in one interview he granted a Nigerian newspaper about a month ago, when asked what he had learnt in life, that he has come to realize  that he's not necessarily right at all times, and to be soft with people of differing opinions(This was my major reservation I had about him before. He was, to me, too harsh in his choice of words when criticizing, especially as contained in two of his article: Afenifere: A Syllabus of Error and Identity, Political Ethics And Parochialism: Engagement With Ja’far Adam.

Passionate as I am on the side of Sanusi, I am not given to blind following. For example, I pick holes in his decision to publish that debtors list without taking his time to check the accuracy. That the list contains typos and other inaccuracies is public knowledge. That, to me, is a costly mistake and inexcusable.

Other arguments against Sanusi don't hold any water, to me. Some are plain balderdash(like the Sanusi-is-after-Adeboye's-friends argument,the he-BOFIA-is-a-military-decree argument,the northernization argument, the he-has-no-business-being-CBN-governor argument, the he-did-not-have-a-Phd argument) while some are at least reasonable(like the he-should-have-sent-the-CEOs-on-compulsory-leave argument, the he-has-good-intention-but-being-too-draconian-in-his-approach argument)
The argument I found most nauseating is the 'northern agenda' argument. If there is any northern agenda, Sanusi is the last tool they can use to hatch such idea. I can put my life on it that this Sanusi move is not northern agenda.

I have spent too much time and energy discussing the Sanusi tsunami on and off NL and I'm getting tired.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Moreti(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2009
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi!!! mm no be so they dey do am at all. I am not interested wether he is acting a northern script or not, or wether he has ARAB friends he wants to sell the Banks to, but what I know is this, All Nigerian banks give loans (For crying out loud that is why they are in businness, if u remove loans from this banks, then they will no longer be banks, we will rather call them warehouses for money), all Banks in the world (including the world bank) have bad loans, now the question is to what extent.

I can tell u that Nigerian banks do not have have as much bad loan portfolio as the banks abroad do, but the regulatory authorities manage this information to avoid a total crash of the system.

Sanusi should have at least asked the management to resign (and of course sack anyone who refuses to comply), and inject this funds quietly without making so much drama out of it, and what it would have been is change of govt, soldier go soldier com barracks remain the same. Then help the new mang follow up on the loan defualters with everything they have, than telling us that that CBN has pumped 420b into 5 "troubled banks" and later say the banks are okay they is nothing to fear, who wan hear that one. I strongly believe he did that to embarrass the bank chiefs and tell Soludo and Nigerians that I am a no nonsense Mallam, forgeting that he is not an Island.

What CBN has done is to create panic in the system and we are already beginning to see ripple effects like

no more investor confidence.
no more customer confidence.
less lending.
stock market panic buying and selling,

Now if the banks reduce lending, then we will have less companies springing up, the companies owing the banks right now will be on their toes to pay back in a hurry, of course this five banks will either be aquired or merge (before people will normally do business with them again), all this amounts to less money in the system and less jobs to do and in summary more credit crunch.

I think Sanusi should have handled this in a better way or what do u think?
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by naijaking1: 5:17am On Aug 24, 2009
Nothing happens in Nigeria without some form of tribal, ethnic, religious, or even political undertone. I was excited to learn that Sanusi's action were based on the banks lending too much money to people who might have been politically connected, and at the detriment of the nations financial health. Like an average patrotic Nigerian, I was willing to give the man benefit of the doubt, after all he's only 2 months in office.

Then came:

1. The correction about "performing and non-performing loan--in which the CBN admitted that some of the loans were actually being serviced as required by the lending agreement between the banks and the customers. So, why did he rush to label them non-performing loan?

2. There're 10 more banks that have not been fully evaluated by CBN, so why the rush in making such a wide conclusion when you have not actually finished "reading the whole book"? Now the evaluation of the remaining banks have been hopelessly compromised or even suspended.

3. There's a report that most of the CEOs affected has had personal and professional disagreements with Sanusi over the course of his career, so my question is why settle personal issues with our country's finacial future?

4. The north's Unity bank's report was said to be as bad as some of the ones dissolved by CBN, but it was left intact, so I ask, Is this tribally motivated?

I believe these questions transcend ethnic or tribal interpretations, and for the people who worship Sanusi as the next best thing coming from the north since fura de nunu, I say just think about the questions above, because eventually history will judge.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nezan(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2009
Just wonder why some people are bringing up ethnic and religious cards into this matter undecided undecided
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2009
1. The correction about "performing and non-performing loan--in which the CBN admitted that some of the loans were actually being serviced as required by the lending agreement between the banks and the customers. So, why did he rush to label them non-performing loan?

2. There're 10 more banks that have not been fully evaluated by CBN, so why the rush in making such a wide conclusion when you have not actually finished "reading the whole book"? Now the evaluation of the remaining banks have been hopelessly compromised or even suspended.

3. There's a report that most of the CEOs affected has had personal and professional disagreements with Sanusi over the course of his career, so my question is why settle personal issues with our country's finacial future?

4. The north's Unity bank's report was said to be as bad as some of the ones dissolved by CBN, but it was left intact, so I ask, Is this tribally motivated?

Very good questions begging for answers
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by wirinet(m): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2009

2. There're 10  more banks that have not been fully evaluated by CBN, so why the rush in making such a wide conclusion when you have not actually finished "reading the whole book"? Now the evaluation of the remaining banks have been hopelessly compromised or even suspended.

1. If the loans were performing and debts were not threatening the operations of these banks, then why all the noise?. So the fact that a few mistakes were made by the banks themselves and subsequently CBN means the is no problem.

2. from CBN's fiqures, it is these five banks that is putting the most pressure on CBN's expanded discount window (85%), so it is logical to assumed that they are the worst managed banks.

3. Sentiments, sentiments. Please can you enlighten us about the personal disagreements Sanusi had with each of the 5 sacked CEO's.  So you have concluded that he is settling personal issues and that his assertions about the state of the banks are baseless.

4. Who said, that is a "dem say". please give us facts and figures on unity bank and show us that they are being mismanaged.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2009
wirinet:

1. If the loans were performing and debts were not threatening the operations of these banks, then why all the noise?. So the fact that a few mistakes were made by the banks themselves and subsequently CBN means the is no problem.

2. from CBN's fiqures, it is these five banks that is putting the most pressure on CBN's expanded discount window (85%), so it is logical to assumed that they are the worst managed banks.

3. Sentiments, sentiments. Please can you enlighten us about the personal disagreements Sanusi had with each of the 5 sacked CEO's.  So you have concluded that he is settling personal issues and that his assertions about the state of the banks are baseless.

4. Who said, that is a "dem say". please give us facts and figures on unity bank and show us that they are being mismanaged.

Oh you did not know the noise was single handedly started by you know who.

Financial Times and Guardian UK were his first stops.

Of course the CBN figures will corroborate what the CBN Governor wants to say!!!
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Jarus(m): 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2009
mikeansy:

These media outfits interviewed him and he spoke his mind. Did he call a press conference to 'single handedly make moise'?

mikeansy:

Of course the CBN figures will corroborate what the CBN Governor wants to say!!!
If you have any contrary figure, let's have it.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
I will have my figures in 12 months time

the status of our financial sector in Sanusi's one year aniversary as CBN Governor will be my figures.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by naijatoday: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2009
mikeansy:

NEXT newspaper (Nigerian newspaper) was his first stop. The only difference between the NEXT interview and FT-London was that NEXT asked him more personal questions such as the whole federal character issue, family, agenda, etc. While FT london asked the more business like question. And in both cases he answered the questions.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by naijaking1: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

[size=28pt]CBN Begins Fresh Audit Of Banks[/size]
By Rotimi Durojaiye , Group Business Editor, Lagos

Anxiety still runs deep in the financial sector, as a fresh audit of the 24 banks begins on Tuesday, which may culminate in more sacks besides the five Managing Directors (MDs) who lost their jobs in the cleansing done by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on August 14.

Investigation showed that the CBN began last week another examination of the books of the five troubled banks - Intercontinental, Afribank, Finbank, Oceanic, and Union - to garner more evidence against the sacked MDs. -----*1

But sources in the banks countered that the examination should have been done before the hammer was applied to bring the MDs and bank debtors under public scrutiny.

The new audit will be on domestic and international operations, including credit lines; and the passports of officers in key departments have reportedly been seized to prevent them from travelling out of the country.

It is alleged that staff are being asked to implicate their former MDs in return for promotion.---*2

It is also alleged that the audit is to get strong evidence which the CBN did not have before getting rid of the MDs.

"That, " said a source, "is the reason behind the spate of arrests of bank chiefs which as at last Saturday numbered about 15. Arresting and harassing them is aimed at getting all the evidence of 'mismanagement ' needed to nail the bank chiefs. "

It was learnt that the computers at the five troubled banks have been seized and the telephone lines bugged by security agents seeking information.

The CBN may have been jolted last week by the resistance put up by two of the banks former MDsww - Erastus Akingbola of Intercontinental, and Cecilia Ibru of Oceanic - who appear ready to fight the CBN to the last man.

Sources said the CBN did not anticipate hitting such firewalls.

Back in 2004 when the CBN under Chukwuma Soludo shocked the industry by demanding N25 billion as minimum capital for all banks, there was no resistance, except for murmurings which quickly fizzled out as the banks swung into action to beef up their capital base.

The requirement led to about 50 banks losing their core identities, but there was little or no faulting of the motive behind the initiative.

However, top on the table now are the mounting contradictions in the figures released by the CBN and bankers ' faulting of its mode of examination as well as its motives.

While Ibru and Akingbola are said to be on the run, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has so far arrested 15 bank executives, some of them belonging to the subsidiaries of the troubled banks.

Among the activities expected this week is the outcome of the deadline of seven days given by the EFCC for bank debtors to pay up.

On Sunday, federal Attorney General and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa, threw his weight behind efforts by CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi, to reposition the banking system.

A statement issued by his Media Assistant, Onov Tyuulugh, said the drive is to ensure confidence in banks, and urged shareholders to consider it a positive step to avert calamity.

Comments:
Every Nigerian should be worried about this pervation of justice, where you find people guilty then go back to build your evidence against them. It's sickening, it's Stalinistic, and it's evil--*1
For the second point in *2: how do you say witchhunt?

Everybody, irrespective of tribe or religion ought to be worried about these trends.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by totorimi: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2009
It is not a surprise what we are seeing today. El-Rufai, Ribadu they all acted in this manner, using the commando style to gain cheap popularity but truth is that the same position they left are still been managed and run successfuly. The question we should ask is. What is the aim of Sanusi and the government, is it to truly to sanitise the banking system or to destroy the institutions? This approach is akin to a desperate mission to selectively destroy the banking sector. If this action could be taken without allowing the complete report of all the banks to be out then the action must be suspect and premeditated. I don't know how anyone out there sees it but I believe if the interest of government is to sincerely improve the banks then knowing government for what it is, it has the power to introduce the bail out funds without heating up the system. To me I see this as a desperate action of government to make a statement of their lack lustre 7 point agenda. Time will definitely tell where all this will lead to in due season. But anyhow lets be more mindful of such people in positions of authority they can carelessly and irrationally plunge a nation into crisis because of their lack of sound decision and judgements. Anyone in power can make any pronouncement knowing that their words are final but do they do that no because to occupy such a position several factors must be put into consideration before taken actions. Former American president George Bush took a decision in Iraq and today that decision is been criticised because it lacks merit and hence his shameful exit from the white house. In Nigeria we have leaders who have the power to continue in office if they so wished not minding if it will engulf the entire country but sound judgement made them have a rethink and step aside. I believe also astute leaders think for all rather than for self. My submission is that this action of Sanusi and Yaradua lacks intelligence it is not different from what the militants in the Niger delta will do it is barbaric in its entirety and shows the total lack of substance in the quality of people in Yaradua's cabinet. Time will surely tell.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by naijaking1: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2009
@totrimi
Very well said shocked
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by BigBro(m): 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
I believe the future of this country is promising and bright with the kind of objective analytical views shared on this topic. The poster intended to incite some kind of biased Sectional/Tribal analysis of the issue. We must rise above sectional/tribal prejudice if we are to overcome the perennial socio-political and economic problems of this country. Like one of the commentators here pointed out, the elites from all sections of this country connived and launched grievous attack on the ordinary people of this country. Today, not even the media is objective in their reportage of issues becouse they're mostly owned by the cabal that is bent on stunting the growth of this nation. Although, there are few exceptional ones that must be commended for sticking to the ethics of the profession. Let every defaulter be punished according to the law without regard to where he/she comes from, that's the only way to salvage our country.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by kuramo: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2009
@  Jacobs 123 and Jarus

Thanks for your intelligent insight into what makes sanusi tick,  that man should be given kudos for what he is obviously trying to achieve.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by knzguru(m): 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
Dear all,

Been keeping an eye on this thread for while not being sure of my ability to respond professionally to some of the questions herein.

However I cam across a report today that almost totally captures the current market realities and goes as far as to make deductions on the possible outcomes.

250809 MARKET REPORT: The Bull in the China Shop - The new Paradigm in the Nigerian Finacial Market

The report that would change the face of the Nigerian Financial Market published today by Proshare in association with MBC Newscorp

http://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/The%20Bull%20in%20the%20China%20Shop%20220809.pdf
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
SANUSI AND WZIRI SCORE THEIR FIRST DEFEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Court orders the realease of Finbank and Afribank MDS
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by knzguru(m): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
As my fellow Nairalanders say,

GBAM!!!
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by McKren(m): 12:01am On Aug 26, 2009
Hope you will not make up evidence to charge Bank chiefs for making up their books.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by naijaking1: 2:06am On Aug 26, 2009
knzguru:

Dear all,

Been keeping an eye on this thread for while not being sure of my ability to respond professionally to some of the questions herein.

However I cam across a report today that almost totally captures the current market realities and goes as far as to make deductions on the possible outcomes.

250809 MARKET REPORT: The Bull in the China Shop - The new Paradigm in the Nigerian Finacial Market

The report that would change the face of the Nigerian Financial Market published today by Proshare in association with MBC Newscorp

http://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/The%20Bull%20in%20the%20China%20Shop%20220809.pdf

Quite a comprehensive exposition.
The article raises many of the questions I raised earlier, but it also makes me question the honesty of Sanusi as a man. Why fire deputy CBB directors who simply hold dissenting opinions on his plan? The man doesn't know that there is wisdom in the voice of the opposition.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by OYBMEND: 2:54am On Aug 26, 2009
who will arrest cbn for cooking up list of debtors and misleading the nation.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Bialegend(m): 3:53am On Aug 26, 2009
Affalatus,
Sanusi did the right thing. What did you expect him to do keep doling out money to these five bottomless pits of mis-management or call their bluff expose Soludo's lies and start to forge a new direction to a more secure future.

I stand body, mind and Soul with Sanusi Lamido.

I am Igbo but i chose Sanusi over Soludo any day of the week.

Sanusi is a man of strong convictions that is why he did not shy away from the right path even when it was the most difficult decision i have ever seen a Banker take in my life time.

Kudos Sanusi Lamido. KINGS' COLLEGE SALUTES YOU.

YOU ARE TRULY A KING.
You are not making any sense. You have an ass to grind with the honorable Soludo. You were the one making useless claims about how Soludo killed someone that you know. I asked you to provide avidence, you haven't done that till now, yet you want us to believe you? You are Igbo and so what?
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by sartorius(m): 5:29am On Aug 26, 2009
I have always been and would remain sceptical about the decisions of the cbn managment, i think the short and long term consequences would be terrible for our economy.The economy deserves the banks it has, so you cant isolate 5 banks and think all will be well.

Did the CBN governor get approval from the n.assembly to inject 400 bill, might top 1 trill depleting our foreign reserves when the so called debtors have the cash to pay for it if pressured.

Who are the new investors the cbn governors wants to take ownership of these banks

If an audit of the 14 banks were done,he wouldnt have made such an annoucement because it is far reaching

are you telling me that there are no poor .prforming loans in 1st bank and others, take a look at UBA

He did the right thing in a wrong approach, and if not well managed could be disastrous for nigeria, no bank is willing to loan out money. the effect on our economy. no foreign bank would even want to open letters of credit, the power projects may be as well dead. and if manufactures dont get loans why wouldnt bankers cut corners so i say the effect is never ending
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by sartorius(m): 5:37am On Aug 26, 2009
it annoys me to pieces to hear that waziri is in lag chasing the most wanted people in nigeria, when people like ibori and co are strolling. i repeat

you cant have a morally sane banking industry in a corrupt society
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by naso2(m): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2009
wirinet:

From sanusi's statement they found out that these five banks were responsible for 85% of transactions on EDW and subsequently Interbank which  prompted the audit. My question is if the CBN is sincere about this , why did they not audit the five banks alone and tell us that they failed.

Instead they added 5 other banks and made it 10 to conceal their intent. They set the scores of these banks  even before setting the question.

If bad loans and insider trading and abuse are used as parameters to judge our 25 banks , less than 40% will pass the test, so why isolate these 5 alone.

Now the EFCC  is going after the debtors of the 5 banks as if even FBN does not have bad loans. If it is a war against bad loan takers , then let us see the nationwide stats of bad loans and the individuals involved so that we can have a holistic solution to the entire problem.

Can the CBN and EFCC feign ignorance to the fact that the few of the debtors that are paying back are most likely doing so with monies they collected from other banks that are not under CBN'S radar?
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by naijaking1: 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
sartorius:

it annoys me to pieces to hear that waziri is in lag chasing the most wanted people in nigeria, when people like ibori and co are strolling. i repeat

you cant have a morally sane banking industry in a corrupt society
Thank you, a few weeks after Hilary chewed her out, all of a sudden she's ready to hunt down corrupt Nigeria: the wrong ones though.

She's a big joke cheesy
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by ThinkRait: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2009
Sanusi Lamido did the right thing in a wrong manner.

I hate propaganda but I've come to discover that nothing works in Nigeria without propaganda.

When CBN completes the audit of the other banks, I'll like to see the results.
Every bank should be assessed using the same parameter. Lamido should publish the debtors list of every bank as at May 31st. Then we'll know who the strong banks really are.

I hate corruption and I hate the direction Nigeria is facing but what I hate most is people who pretend to be saints, whip up sentiments and retire to enjoy themselves while the masses suffer.
Re: Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by ThinkRait: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
Farida Waziri if threatening Fire and Brimstone against the private sector while the public sector wallow in corruption.
What happened to the Halliburton Scandal?
Siemens Nko?

Ibori, Igbinedion, Obasanjo, Atiku and all the corrupt politicians walk the streets of Abuja and EFCC cant accost them.

The CBN vs 5 Banks issue has overshadowed the revelations made concerning NNPC and the excess crude fund.

Nigeria we hail thee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi / Prof. Dora Akunyili Died of Endometrial Carcinoma - Husband / Goodluck Jonathan: A Sectarian President-barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.