Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (42968 Views)

Rivers State Not Part Of Biafra - Governor Wike / Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands Sovereign State / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NaWetinDey(m): 1:54pm On May 27, 2016
SweetGuy225:

Aren't we all tried of all these problems, militancy today, terrorism and Boko Haram tomorrow. These problems always appear for a reason, they are not just there. Why can't Nigerians come together and ask ourselves what the problem really is? Why is everybody complacent, docile and unconcerned about the national question. Everybody thinks corruption is Nigeria's problem.

The national question is a bigger problem than corruption. How can we live together and share governmental responsibilities without much problems? That is the question.

You voted Buhari to fight corruption. OK, he's fighting corruption but isn't there a bigger problem facing the country now? Militants have reduced government revenues by a quarter all because of what? The NATIONAL QUESTION!!!

Let Nigerians continue to act like they don't care, that we are one fantastically united country and that corruption is our major problem. Militants, Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram will keep teaching y'all a lesson.

The last national conference reached an agreement as to the problems and their solutions, what remains is the federal government implementing it. If it's not implemented as a result of arrogance, selfishness and callousness, then it will probably reach to the dreaded much-said balkanization of Nigeria. I think that the former choice is a better choice. The question, rather, now is: why is the federal government reluctant in implementing the requests and resolutions of the national conference?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by GWMI(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

And what stopped GEJ from implementing it? Waiting for Messiah shey?
what time was Goodluck having to implement it?

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Opharhe: 1:55pm On May 27, 2016
Kgdavid:
I have always wondered where the educated youth of the Niger Delta are. The armed struggle alone cannot yield the desired results. What we need is for the intelligentsia to quit being so silent, unite and let our voice be heard. We need a new breed of men like Ken Saro Wiwa, who can wage war with the pen. I am astounded and astonished when i meet Niger Delta youth who are nonchalant about the cause. This is because there is a leadership failure.

We also need a viable plan. True federalism is a much more realistic short term goal than sovereignty and it is a goal that is shared by most of the regions in Nigeria. This is something to protest about, not the removal of fuel subsidies!
Yes, i think you're correct. I too am from the Niger-Delta and i believe that a united Nigeria is a better option. The so-called 'Avengers' did not actually ask for sovereignty, what they asked for is the same thing you and i want- a loose federal structure. I also agree with you that the Niger-Delta intelligentsia needs to rise to the challenge. This is a very sad situation.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by tomakint: 1:55pm On May 27, 2016
Firefire:

Jonathan supervised the National Conference, let Buhary implement the recommendations. Thank you.
Finest answer

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 1:55pm On May 27, 2016
Ikwerreboy:
Yes oooooh Proudly Niger delta.

Yoruba youths go hold ur Elites seems like u guys wud remain wit the hausa fulanis. well no p as long as Niger delta leaves wu ever dat wants to remain in Nigeria is free

Leave Yoruba people alone, they are not the cause of your misfortune. Face your leaders stealing you blind. Ignorant kids

5 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Faith111: 1:56pm On May 27, 2016
demslayerrz:

You must be primary 4 student to spew the trash above. Did you just say Yoruba have no resources to control? Seun should do something about these ignorant kids polluting this forum. This is serious.

The Primary 4 Pupil (Not Studen) wonders why a group of people who have so much to control still insists on living in the failed Marriage called Nigeria.
Stop the Hate and let those that want regionalism have it. Stop the bitterness and think more about how you can positively manage your resources.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Omonigeriarere: 1:56pm On May 27, 2016
cktheluckyman:

So the SS and the SE should fall down and kisss his ass and apologize for voting for GEJ? Well we shall see how he will rule effectively if he continues like this.What you are seeing from the NDA is the Genesis,by the time we get to Malachi,you will know

Has militancy and pipeline vandalism improves infrastructures in the SE? Has power supply in the region improved? Has militancy improved your personal income and revenue? When a bird perches on a rope, the rope will not experience comfort while the bird will never experience peace.

Let's BH, kidnapping, militancy continue and let's see how PMB, Legislators, Governors and their families would be affected.

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NavierStokes(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

And what stopped GEJ from implementing it? Waiting for Messiah shey?
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178710-nigeria-cabinet-approves-implementation-of-confab-report.html

As you can see they had plans of implementing same, just before the elections. A new government is in power and so should pick up from where they stopped.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 27, 2016
originalmachine:
...exactly...Lagos state major source of income has bin from taxes...do they share it with other states ? I guess NO, rather she uses it to developed her state...in the Niger delta, OIL is out major source of revenue...federal government and Hausa/Yoruba oil block owners we the Niger deltans say AWAY... we no want again Na by force ?.... by the way, NIger delta has never sold any of her oil block... we want them back, go and get your money from who ever you paid to

You got it wrong. There are various taxes collected by Lagos state, same with all the states, which are remitted into the federation account, and which are being shared by all the states every month. Example of such is VAT. The only difference is that the states where the taxes are collected retain a certain percentage for themselves, based on constitutional provisions. The rest is shared by all the states in the federation. Lagos and Ogun, especially, being the most industrialized states in the country, would be a lot richer today if they were not to share what they collect as taxes, i.e Company Income tax and VAT with other states in the federation.

The same goes for the ND where 13% derivation goes to all the oil producing states while the larger percentage is shared by all the states. Be knowledgeable enough about the workings of the Nigerian govt before misinforming the ignorant out there.

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by dallyemmy: 1:57pm On May 27, 2016
Sovereign state like South Sudan?
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 1:58pm On May 27, 2016
GWMI:
my dear nobody is crying forgiveness here.Buhari is a tribalistic person.my question is, would all this have happened if Buhari have given out his appointments fairly?NO.Rather he choose to call the minorities 5% that is an insult.Buhari is forever to blame for any problem Nigeria is going through today.I promise you no amount of persuading will calm this boys down.Buhari have gone to his limit he must RESIGN for peace to reign in Nigeria.Thanks.

GEJ was not fair in his appointments either and he appealed to the yoruba obas that he will rectify it if voted back into office so all this talk of PMB not fair in his appointments is all bullshit, let's stop crying when things don't go our way. The yorubas felt marginalized under GEJ and never destroyed Govt properties to register their grievances. And if you think PMB insulted, GEJ and his wife insulted lots of folks but you guys have forgotten

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 1:59pm On May 27, 2016
Faith111:

The Primary 4 Pupil (Not Studen) wonders why a group of people who have so much to control still insists on living in the failed Marriage called Nigeria.
Stop the Hate and let those that want regionalism have it. Stop the bitterness and think more about how you can positively manage your resources.
Thanks

What is studen? You are ignorant and i dont blame you, stop listening to the lies your elders told you under the tree. Yorubas have been the one screaming regionalism even before others, you hate Yorubas so much and still cant stop trooping to the SW. Face your leaders and stop blaming others for your misfortune, Yorubas are not the one holding you from leaving this country.

Learn to hold your leaders accountable, the hatred will only consume you and your household.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Billygee2u: 2:00pm On May 27, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Chai!! See what Buhari brought upon himself!! His stupidity led him to wake up a sleeping tiger and now we have to deal with this for the next 3 years
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by 989900B: 2:01pm On May 27, 2016
EbiClems:
Wisdom of God is light! All our past leaders and present from every tribe are fake. See the problem that they have created in the niger delta. In a normal society the place that produce the resource is given more attension in terms of social amenities. Nigeria has been ruled by greedy,visionless,unpatriotic leaders. Nigeria is a state not a nation, u can quote me!

Why are Rivers state, Ondo state, Cross river, and Akwa Ibom not like Bayelsa and Delta?

Bayelsa's governor already answered first part of the question.

The second part is, their leaders are nothing but crooks too.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Ugosample(m): 2:02pm On May 27, 2016
originalmachine:
...exactly...Lagos state major source of income has bin from taxes...do they share it with other states ? I guess NO, rather she uses it to developed her state...in the Niger delta, OIL is out major source of revenue...federal government and Hausa/Yoruba oil block owners we the Niger deltans say AWAY... we no want again Na by force ?.... by the way, NIger delta has never sold any of her oil block... we want them back, go and get your money from who ever you paid to

This is a very ignorant statement.
Income tax is for States while Company tax is for the federal government.
And besides, the VAT generated in Lagos is still sent to Abuja for sharing.
The proceeds in Apapa ports too is still sent to Abuja for sharing too, and Lagos gets it's own cut.

The problem we have in this country, and I have seen on Nairaland is that there are so many ignorant people who don't understand things for what they are; but through the lens of Sentiments and hear says.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Omonigeriarere: 2:02pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178710-nigeria-cabinet-approves-implementation-of-confab-report.html

[s]As you can see they had plans of implementing same, just before the elections. A new government is in power and so should pick up from where they stopped.
[/s]

"I am the President of Nigeria now" Oya take my statement and implement it. Despite being an ineffectual buffon, do you think he would have chose not to implement it if it is easy to implement the recomendation?

Everybody can talk: action is needed.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Omonigeriarere: 2:03pm On May 27, 2016
GWMI:
what time was Goodluck having to implement it?

Why does it take PDP 14/15 years to organize confab?
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Amhappy(f): 2:04pm On May 27, 2016
Destroying infrastructure is not the answer because the effect is on everybody and more on the people you claim to be fighting for. Egs the Escravos electricity pipeline gives light to the terminal and surrounding villages now it's shutdown, the villages will be in perpetual darkness until this problem is fixed while Buhari and his Abuja cohorts will always have electricity.
Bombing of Chevron facilities created more financial problem for me personally than for Buhari.

Demand for a sovereign nation is good,I want that too but what happened to diplomatic means. We have fought this way before and they offered us amnesty and the high and mighty benefited and enriched themselves while the youths of Niger Delta go hungry.Most of our educated youths got nothing ,only armed men were recognized,the more armed you re the better.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 2:04pm On May 27, 2016
989900B:

Why are Rivers state, Ondo state, Cross river, and Akwa Ibom not like Bayelsa and Delta?

Bayelsa's governor already answered first part of the question.

The second part is, their leaders are nothing but crooks too.

O my God na wa o grin

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by tete7000(m): 2:04pm On May 27, 2016
GWMI:
start thinking about a fictional problem when there are non.I ask again which tribe among the Niger Delta tribe is fairing well under Buhari?None.Thinking about a division among the niger delta tribes to penetrate Buhari's divide and rule policies is a waste.Thanks.

Left to people like me, I will hand over the oil to you but supposing I am in a position to that, who will take my surrender? Who takes the oil? You, Tompolo, Asari Dokubo, Your governors, The over 100militant leaders? Who really are currently your leaders? Who talk and you respect? Think, think...think. It will do you a lot of good. What an old man stands and see, if a child climbs the tallest tree, he won't see. Remember: No honour among crooks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 2:05pm On May 27, 2016
[s]
Faith111:

Secretly? Wait a minute. You are seriously contradicting what you guys openly and selfishly yearn for 'A so-called United Nation'
If you guys long for Regionalism, then why the Hate?
On the other hand we don't need your support cos you guys are as unstable as the Waters.
Openly for A and Secretly for B.

I don't hate any Tribe cos I'm related to over 5 tribes in Nigeria including Yoruba.
Look through my posts and you'll find out that I've never said anything odd about the Yorubas.
But i hate Insincere and Insensitive people.
If the Yorubas were the ones that had oil in their land, everyone would have had to buy tickets daily in other to use crude products like petrol aside the actual cost.
[/s]

You continue to disgrace yourself everywhere. Is Ondo state not an oil producing state? Why all this lies just because you hate the Yoruba so much? Why Are the Yoruba people buying fuel for free? You seriously need help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

What is a sovereign state?

- In international law, a sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area.

-International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states.

-It is also normally understood that a sovereign state is neither dependent on nor subjected to any other power or state.

Issues:

- They want install their people and control our resources. E.g Jonathan would be their Prime Minister or President
- MNC's would be paying them taxes and royalties, there would be lots of cash available to them.
- They would still not be richer. Their predicaments would not improve. Even pollutions would increase thereby degrading their natural sources of livelihood.
- Issues of legitimacy would arise and the Western powers would do the needful.
- Nigeria and its Army would deal with them accordingly in line with global practise.
- Rise in militancy is expected in the region various groups would emerge for example Bini's, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni would join the fray.
- Economically, our Naira would still be a unifying currency for Nigeria and the so called sovereign state.
- My brothers from the South East would be divided along the lines of joining or remaining in one Nigeria

What nonsense embarassed embarassed
Jonathan sef cry

I believe you pass through school but WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF GETTING EDUCATION.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by GWMI(m): 2:09pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

GEJ was not fair in his appointments either and he appealed to the yoruba obas that he will rectify it if voted back into office so all this talk of PMB not fair in his appointments is all bullshit, let's stop crying when things don't go our way. The yorubas felt marginalized under GEJ and never destroyed Govt properties to register their grievances. And if you think PMB insulted, GEJ and his wife insulted lots of folks but you guys have forgotten
at the time they propose reps speaker Your leader Tinubu opposed it.On the appointments Goodluck gave a lot to the North since that was where was having problem then.Many tribes in the Niger Delta were also angry with him BUT that was not an excuse to betray him.You(Yorubas)were looking for a quick way to go into go back power but look at what your desperation have brought Nigerians.Can you Yorubas boldly say Buhari is ruling better than Goodluck?Now in terms of appointment apart from the Vice president you got before the election what tangible appointment have you gotten from Buhari.All the powerful and relevant appointments are in the North so what have gained so far?I feel the Yorubas have been used and dump.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NavierStokes(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[/s]

"I am the President of Nigeria now" Oya take my statement and implement it. Despite being an ineffectual buffon, do you think he would have chose not to implement it if it is easy to implement the recomendation?

Everybody can talk: action is needed.

There was only one way to find out, his second term but that's by the way.
Bringing it to the FEC showed the government was treating the CONFAB report with the seriousness that it deserves. In the article I posted they already outlined the strategy or roadmap they would have followed to achieve implementation.
Let the current government continue from where they stopped.
And my friend it's a little rude cancelling other people's comments or don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 2:12pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

sorry, i do not live off oil, those who told you that everybody in Nigeria lives on oil are your greatest enemies. If you say your oil is feeding greedy politicians, you may be right but that all Nigerians live on oil, chai, you have been lied to.

Many of them are ignorant. I use my own money to buy fuel, pay my tax, electricity and everything. I dont receive any monthly stipend from government nor get free oil, even the government generates money from the Port in my home state yet some ediots are throwing insult around. My state contributes the most to the non oil revenue, even Ondo state in SW produce oil, so why the insult on the Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Omonigeriarere: 2:12pm On May 27, 2016
sammhi:

yes it should..but has it? no
some are exploiting the larger entity and making others feel unwanted..
GEJ handed over to you peacefully and all PmB is doing is to find way to jail him...which president has ever run a corrupt free regime? so why limit it to his own alone..
If PmB is sincere then let him probe from1984 to 2015..that is it..
all the northern guys that stole Moni whilst in helm of affair are going about free while those of ND are the thieves ...ok nao
the injustice ia putrefying

And what stops your Ineffectual Buffon from probing his predecessors? Don't worry, PMB would even probe Lord Lugard and Mary Slessor.

#iranu#
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by tylerbraid(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2016
Beremx:
stop typing Buhari incorrectly if you must quote me.

So there's was no time for implementation before Jonathan left office?
sister, God bless u for ths, lol!
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Raph6091: 2:14pm On May 27, 2016
OK ooooo na una sabi ooo
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Omonigeriarere: 2:14pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:

There was only one way to find out, his second term but that's by the way.
Bringing it to the FEC showed the government was treating the CONFAB report with the seriousness that it deserves. In the article I posted they already outlined the strategy or roadmap they would have followed to achieve implementation.
Let the current government continue from where they stopped.
And my friend it's a little rude cancelling other people's comments or don't you think so?

He was part of Presidency for at least 8 years: what stops him from implementation of the report?

You are still blabbing.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Akpan107(m): 2:14pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

The SE and SS declared public hatred for PMB during the elections campaign last year, PMB is human like everyone of us, if any group display openly their hatred for you, it will take you time to get over it easily. The SE and SS also added insult to injury by telling PMB and the whole world openly that they had no regrets supporting Jona.

The SE and SS lack political tact, the northerners who supported Jonathan all through lay low after the elections and started reaching out diplomatically to PMB, even the northerners in PDP presently are always tactful when dealing with PMB. Politics is a game and it could go either way. When its not in your side, you act diplomatically and build bridges. Our brothers across the Niger must learn and respect others even when they do not agree politically. PMB will complete his tenure and when another election time comes, every region will have their opportunity again to show their political prowess. We should stop being cry babies.
Copy and paste...
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Mbediogu(m): 2:15pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

What is a sovereign state?

- In international law, a sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area.

-International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states.

-It is also normally understood that a sovereign state is neither dependent on nor subjected to any other power or state.

Issues:

- They want install their people and control our resources. E.g Jonathan would be their Prime Minister or President
- MNC's would be paying them taxes and royalties, there would be lots of cash available to them.
- They would still not be richer. Their predicaments would not improve. Even pollutions would increase thereby degrading their natural sources of livelihood.
- Issues of legitimacy would arise and the Western powers would do the needful.
- Nigeria and its Army would deal with them accordingly in line with global practise.
- Rise in militancy is expected in the region various groups would emerge for example Bini's, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni would join the fray.
- Economically, our Naira would still be a unifying currency for Nigeria and the so called sovereign state.
- My brothers from the South East would be divided along the lines of joining or remaining in one Nigeria

What nonsense embarassed embarassed
Jonathan sef cry

Whatever sovereign state means, they want it period. The oil is theirs. So far we give them pollution while taking away their oil. Whosoever they want as President is their business, as the grammar is your own business. Are they ready to pay the price? They are paying already. Chikena.

4 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 2:16pm On May 27, 2016
wink2015:
[size=18pt]Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo and the rest of the non oil producing states start planning for Agriculture. This is not the post 1980's and post 1990 when the babangida, abacha etc were having a free day feasting on petro-dollar that is not produce in their own region.

Buhari do not mistake the militant this youth do not have the patience of the Obafemi Awolowo, Zik, or Sauduana. They are prepared to unleach mainhelm on the Nigerian economy.[/size]

Another ignorant kid. Is Abia and Imo state not oil producing? Is Ondo state not producing oil? Why are you kids good at spreading falsehood everywhere for God sake. Chaii

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration For Second Term / APC: "Obi Trying To ‘steal’ Tinubu’s Mandate"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.