Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (42955 Views)

Rivers State Not Part Of Biafra - Governor Wike / Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands Sovereign State / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by TBankxx(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2016
kodded:

I thought some buharians said that these guys are after their pocket

guess the truth is revealing it self

Forget them ma broda. Those are myopic people. I've their list.
It wil be like a movie how fast this wil happen in their time
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Orikinla(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2016
originalmachine:
...exactly...Lagos state major source of income has bin from taxes...do they share it with other states ? I guess NO, rather she uses it to developed her state...in the Niger delta, OIL is out major source of revenue...federal government and Hausa/Yoruba oil block owners we the Niger deltans say AWAY... we no want again Na by force ?.... by the way, NIger delta has never sold any of her oil block... we want them back, go and get your money from who ever you paid to

What have you done with annual billions of Nara from federal government revenue allocations?.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by nonjebose(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2016
tete7000:

There is more division among you than you have with Nigeria quite unfortunately. A sovereign state won't solve your problem. It only takes you to the next dimension, a cold war that exists between your ethnic nationalities simply boomerang into a war. You won't agree I know but I have lived in your midst, so I know what I am saying. I witnessed the warri war of the late 90s and from what I saw it pays you guys to belong to Nigeria than have your sovereign state. When your common enemy 'Nigeria' is gone, you WILL turn the gun to yourselves. I don't have any iota of doubt that will happen.
This is my fear. I know how it works because I live there.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by BABANGBALI: 12:56pm On May 27, 2016
Faith111:

I understand the Yorubas are pained because they have no resource to control...
Remember you have lands for Cocoa farming.
wake up from your slumber Mama Basira's amala and gbegiri don ready,but meat no dey.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by BABANGBALI: 12:57pm On May 27, 2016
Orikinla:

What have you done with annual billions of Nara from federal government revenue allocations?.
PLS ask dem

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by tete7000(m): 12:58pm On May 27, 2016
GWMI:
see there are few tribe who would have played the betrayals but not this time around because it is very obvious Buhari will use and dump them Yoruba People are a lesson.Itsekiri and Urhobo(where i came from) would have supported the Nortth but the question is, are they fairing any better under Buhari?No.We are all left behind Buhari is a divisive leader not until people realise this, they will continue to blame the innoncent militants.Thanks.

I am not disputing there are issue with existing arrangement but I may ask: do you think it is safe for other ethic nationalities to live with a militant ijaw within a sovereign state? It is better the issue of true federalism is solved at Nigerian level than for the Delta to exist as sovereign state.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by EbiClems: 12:59pm On May 27, 2016
Wisdom of God is light! All our past leaders and present from every tribe are fake. See the problem that they have created in the niger delta. In a normal society the place that produce the resource is given more attension in terms of social amenities. Nigeria has been ruled by greedy,visionless,unpatriotic leaders. Nigeria is a state not a nation, u can quote me!

4 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by SUGARDADDY55(m): 1:00pm On May 27, 2016
Hmmmm. # whichwaynaija
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 1:01pm On May 27, 2016
sammhi:

I want to believe you have use some of your Brian's..
GEJ was president for 5 years and I neva heard him say or feel that his people should get more than others..or he ia angry because the north didn't vote him
remba the north consistently voted PmB with 12-13million votes from 2003.in 2015 he got 2million more votes from West and north central to win...
So has GEJ or OBJ in all of these times ever feel or say something like some people are 97%others are 5%? pls use your brains...

Lies, how many Yoruba got appointments under GEJ compared to his brothers from the SS and SE, you guys problem is that you forget so easily.

GEJ was a bigot if not he would have been re-elected

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by modath(f): 1:02pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

we would have been better off today without oil dear, we are finding it difficult to move on and develop because of the oil and owners of the oil.

Cursed be the day oil was discovered in Nigeria cos that was when we starting growing backwards.

One thing I've discovered is that only very few countries depend on mineral resources have equal and balanced personal prosperity, only a few prosper, majority are in penury and the fight for control? Bloody!!

My parents got free quality education that has rubbed off on their children, now we have to pay crazy amounts to get little kids into kindergarten in this day and age!!!

Oil money is easy money but like most free things, it encouraged mental laziness, hence we are where we are today..

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Faith111: 1:04pm On May 27, 2016
BABANGBALI:
wake up from your slumber Mama Basira's amala and gbegiri don ready,but meat no dey.

Meaning What? A SenTence is a Group of Words that makes sense.
I'm yet to find the Sense in your group of words. Smh

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Doyin2(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2016
Firefire:

Jonathan supervised the National Conference, let Buhary implement the recommendations. Thank you.

Did the conference recommend sovereign state?
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by chibaik(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

What is a sovereign state?

- In international law, a sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area.

-International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states.

-It is also normally understood that a sovereign state is neither dependent on nor subjected to any other power or state.

Issues:

- They want install their people and control our resources. E.g Jonathan would be their Prime Minister or President
- MNC's would be paying them taxes and royalties, there would be lots of cash available to them.
- They would still not be richer. Their predicaments would not improve. Even pollutions would increase thereby degrading their natural sources of livelihood.
- Issues of legitimacy would arise and the Western powers would do the needful.
- Nigeria and its Army would deal with them accordingly in line with global practise.
- Rise in militancy is expected in the region various groups would emerge for example Bini's, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni would join the fray.
- Economically, our Naira would still be a unifying currency for Nigeria and the so called sovereign state.
- My brothers from the South East would be divided along the lines of joining or remaining in one Nigeria

What nonsense embarassed embarassed
Jonathan sef cry

You have no brother from the South East Mr.

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Jesusloveyou: 1:06pm On May 27, 2016
cktheluckyman:

So when exactly will he cage them? When the oil falls below 10,000bpd?
u dont run after a madman so that people wil not also call u a madman, or is it one day boko haram were reduce, very soon we wil take care of all d terrorist

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Faith111: 1:07pm On May 27, 2016
Orikinla:
See you.

Comprehension....
If can't comprehend this, I will say Happy Infant's Day.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by hucienda: 1:09pm On May 27, 2016
Childhood is an enchanting vista, an endless fun a joyful classroom an experience era of imagination and hope. The children of the Niger delta region is missing by deliberate policies of every successive Nigeria Government. If you plant honesty you will reap trust, if you plant goodness you will reap friendship, if you plant humility you will reap greatness. Childhood means unlimited opportunities for children. This is what the Nigeria government has refuse to give you the children of the Niger Delta. But what they have refused to give to you is what we (Niger delta avengers) are promising you.

Happy Children’s day

Wow... beautiful write-up that would evoke one to shed a tear... and rise to patriotic zeal to their quest. It stirs unbridled passion. They're indirectly rallying people to their cause.

Whoever these guys are, I gotta admit, they're damn good.

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by rusher14: 1:09pm On May 27, 2016
dearpreye:

I just can't wait to see every state manage their resources within her borders. The current constitution must be amended again or altogether jettisoned for a better one.

To hell with land use Act. To hell with NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta affairs.

Imagine a Hausa fulani military man stationed to guard my pipelines. Not anymore.

You don't have any pipeline.

A country put her resources together to invest in such facilities.

As an Ijaw man myself I find you lazy lot despicable.

You would not work yet think resources of the earth are the only viable stocks to rest your lazy bones.

Get up and work and stop looking for money you never worked for.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by AROZIBE: 1:10pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

why not, groundnut generated lots of forex in the past, with huge number of yorubas and other nigerians in the diaspora, amala will not badly either. I truly concur with you sir. Oil will never bring any development
. This same oil has fed ur generations for year, ur entire family is still surviving and dependent on somtin u claim cannot bring development; guy try n be realistic.

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 27, 2016
tete7000:

There is more division among you than you have with Nigeria quite unfortunately. A sovereign state won't solve your problem. It only takes you to the next dimension, a cold war that exists between your ethnic nationalities simply boomerang into a war. You won't agree I know but I have lived in your midst, so I know what I am saying. I witnessed the warri war of the late 90s and from what I saw it pays you guys to belong to Nigeria than have your sovereign state. When your common enemy 'Nigeria' is gone, you WILL turn the gun to yourselves. I don't have any iota of doubt that will happen.

Maybe begging the oppressed not to commit suicide!
Remember, the bold die once while cowards die everyday.

As if we are not all suffering worse situations even in this contraption called Nigeria?
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Airtimex(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

The SE and SS declared public hatred for PMB during the elections campaign last year, PMB is human like everyone of us, if any group display openly their hatred for you, it will take you time to get over it easily. The SE and SS also added insult to injury by telling PMB and the whole world openly that they had no regrets supporting Jona.

The SE and SS lack political tact, the northerners who supported Jonathan all through lay low after the elections and started reaching out diplomatically to PMB, even the northerners in PDP presently are always tactful when dealing with PMB. Politics is a game and it could go either way. When its not in your side, you act diplomatically and build bridges. Our brothers across the Niger must learn and respect others even when they do not agree politically. PMB will complete his tenure and when another election time comes, every region will have their opportunity again to show their political prowess. We should stop being cry babies.

my brother you are wrong, what are your attributes then as a good leader? your subjects insulted you does not mean you will insult them back. as a leader you are expected to forgive nd forget, bring everybody together and not putting more fire...

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by pozzible: 1:15pm On May 27, 2016
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Legitbaba(m): 1:15pm On May 27, 2016
tete7000:

Thanks....buh no thanks..allow us to worry about that please..

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 1:15pm On May 27, 2016
modath:

One thing I've discovered is that only very few countries depend on mineral resources have equal and balanced personal prosperity, only a few prosper, majority are in penury and the fight for control? Bloody!!

My parents got free quality education that has rubbed off on their children, now we have to pay crazy amounts to get little kids into kindergarten in this day and age!!!

Oil money is easy money but like most free things, it encouraged mental laziness, hence we are where we are today..

Exactly because these mineral resources are not renewable and when their prices fluctuate, you are in deep poo, only renewable resources and sectors grow economy and make citizens of a country prosperous like Transportation, imagine the forex emirates and ethiopian airlines are generating for their countries, railways open up villages and transform them to big towns and cities. Real estate is booming in UAE, kenya is generating forex and employment exporting rose flowers and vegetables, look at what mtn is doing for south africa, zuma had to come and beg PMB for mtn. Hajj has become a major component of saudi arabia economy. Tourism is flourishing in kenya and south africa. Education is adding value to UK, canada and Australian economies

Oil is a curse and will never bring development, the oil communities in Nigeria are wasting their time, the fishes and shrimps [Nigerian shrimps ranks among world's best] in the niger delta will bring more employment and better their lives if only they are wise.

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by everozone: 1:17pm On May 27, 2016
United in our lips but divided in our hearts.Spiritually Nigeria is no more one,we are keenly waiting for d phisical disintegration.Nigerians are tired of being together.Let's go our different ways without bloodbath.Let every animal take it's path.

5 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by ruffDiamond: 1:17pm On May 27, 2016
rapistbuhari:
What the new sheriff should do to stop the destruction are some of the followings:

1. Go to national TV, and withdraw his reckless and divisive statements.

2. Appoint people from every region, giving them a stake in their own country.

3. Free political prisoners.

4. Ensure oil black are given to the owners in the region.

5.Clean up the area.

6. Implement true federalism.

7. Release Nnamdi Kanu unconditionally and apologize to him.

These are some off the things that will make the country safe and good for all...

But if he continues with his winner take it all..he should be ready to use proceeds from ground nut, cocoa and tomatoes, to run his government of 97%...

my friend,you must be living in fool paradise or in some kinder state bordering on delirium ...all these trash u listed here will NEVER HAPPEN !most the KANU issue ..hmm u really funny indeed the chap is a confirmed FELON ,he's going nowhere ,moreover let me tell you ..no region or group of people can hold the entire country to ransom ..everything will be solved in due time ..I'm actually amused and grinning at some of the utterly stupid and weird theories, suggestion, innuendos, trashy unimaginative empty boast and bragging I'm reading here ...totally preposterous and unintelligent comments..Nigerian can be so damn stupid in their way of reasoning without logic ...no wonder millions of them are unproductive,mentally and physically lazy and irresponsible ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 27, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Chai!! See what Buhari brought upon himself!! His stupidity led him to wake up a sleeping tiger and now we have to deal with this for the next 3 years

What stupidity? What did Buhari do wrong?
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by dunlie: 1:18pm On May 27, 2016
omobritiko:

Well u got some point but free political prisoners?why are they innocent?apologise to kanu?why though? What do u take presidency for?u think he's a principal of school? Man u need to be jailed for 21 years for saying our president to apologise to a criminal like kanu.

You sound more like a perpetual criminal..... calling someone that is yet to be convicted a criminal shows how senseless you are.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by gare(f): 1:19pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

What is a sovereign state?

- In international law, a sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area.

-International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states.

-It is also normally understood that a sovereign state is neither dependent on nor subjected to any other power or state.

Issues:

- They want install their people and control our resources. E.g Jonathan would be their Prime Minister or President
- MNC's would be paying them taxes and royalties, there would be lots of cash available to them.
- They would still not be richer. Their predicaments would not improve. Even pollutions would increase thereby degrading their natural sources of livelihood.
- Issues of legitimacy would arise and the Western powers would do the needful.
- Nigeria and its Army would deal with them accordingly in line with global practise.
- Rise in militancy is expected in the region various groups would emerge for example Bini's, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni would join the fray.
- Economically, our Naira would still be a unifying currency for Nigeria and the so called sovereign state.
- My brothers from the South East would be divided along the lines of joining or remaining in one Nigeria

What nonsense embarassed embarassed
Jonathan sef cry

Are high on something, because I do understand what you just wrote, it's not by force that you must comment, today is children's day go play for white sand!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Faith111: 1:20pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

statements like these are the reason you guys are not politically smart, yorubas have always been advocates of resource control and the best beneficiaries so far and as a matter of fact are secretly praying for regional government cos it will be to their greatest advantage. But posts like yours are the reason a yoruba man may never support anyone again from across the niger. You keep throwing insults at people and want them to support your candidate when elections come, how wise you guys are and when you lost out, you then start crying to pull out of Nigeria

Secretly? Wait a minute. You are seriously contradicting what you guys openly and selfishly yearn for 'A so-called United Nation'
If you guys long for Regionalism, then why the Hate?
On the other hand we don't need your support cos you guys are as unstable as the Waters.
Openly for A and Secretly for B.

I don't hate any Tribe cos I'm related to over 5 tribes in Nigeria including Yoruba.
Look through my posts and you'll find out that I've never said anything odd about the Yorubas.
But i hate Insincere and Insensitive people.
If the Yorubas were the ones that had oil in their land, everyone would have had to buy tickets daily in other to use crude products like petrol aside the actual cost.

3 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by kikayboss(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2016
look Nigeria is depending on oil doesn't mean other regions are useless...we can see the havoc tomatoes scarcity caused...abeg we are all naijans if a war breaks out *sighs* we don't want a repeat of 1967-1970 some ppl Neva recovered from its effect... let's not even talk of odi.....besides i don't even see unity in Biafra ..am from d SS but i don't support.... let's resolve the problems in Nigeria together...

if we continue like this , when buhari leaves office and let's say an Igbo man takes over , another faction will rise and form SOUTHWEST JUDGES ....na waa for us ooo

let our ijaw youths find work to do rather than what they are doing nau

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 1:21pm On May 27, 2016
Resources control/true federalism is all am in support of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ask Abaribe, Others If You Are Looking For Nnamdi Kanu – Garba Shehu / Air Force Destroys Boko Haram's Vehicle After Attack In Maiduguri. Photos / Wike’s Anointed Candidate, Fubara Emerges PDP Flagbearer In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.