Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (42951 Views)

Rivers State Not Part Of Biafra - Governor Wike / Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands Sovereign State / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NavierStokes(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

List the African countries that got better after division. The answer is none.

The 1st reason is simply because the division has never and will never be based on welfare of the masses. It is either resource control, religion, ethnicity or power not development oriented.

The 2nd reason is because the same issues will always crop up even if you make every village a country of its own. So the cycle of crisis continues.

To your first question, it was a function of the political awareness of the masses at the time, don't forget most of these struggles were between the 50's and the 80's, do not expect the same philosophies to be applied in solving today's problems. Although as a highly exposed and learned Niger Deltan I believe the issue here should be about regionalism, because Nigerians have a lot to benefit from the diversity and cultural mix found in our beloved geographical entity.
I believe that's what the avengers want and why dialogue should be the key. Look at it as the Nigerian government wanting status quo, the avengers wanting a sovereign state, they meet at the negotiation table and meet each other halfway, which is true federalism. Any tactful leader would diplomatically steer this ship away from the iceberg of folly and indigence that is lurking just in front of us.
I hope the president will allow wisdom to prevail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Unbrandedguy: 3:29pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

and you will later come back to the yorubas again to campaign for your candidate or ask us to support resource control, these were some of the things you fellows were saying before the elections last year and still you are not learning. That's why we call you cry babies

Don't worry, we have asked for your support before, you didn't help.. We'd do it another way, the way Nigeria will understand. Thank God the SS and SE are better united now than before.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 3:33pm On May 27, 2016
Unbrandedguy:

Don't worry, we have asked for your support before, you didn't help grin.. We'd do it another way, the way Nigeria will understand. Thank God the SS and SE are better united now than before.

yea cos you were insulting us and asking for help at the same time, you guys are double faced and most folks don't take you serious. I wish your ipob rebranded NDA good luck but please don't blame yorubas for your woes anymore as your destiny is now in your hands

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 3:34pm On May 27, 2016
[s]
GWMI:
you are so full of yourself who do you think you are?you said i am depending on my parents how much do you know me?you were very quick to blame the Niger delta militants but never said a word when compensation would be given to the Boko haram members.For the betrayal of the Yorubas is never an hidden fact because your words alone prove how quick you can turn against a person.Don't think it right time you ask why things are difficult in Nigeria now and no words from your yorubas but Goodluck was attacked for every move he made?Yes ask yourself firs.Thanks.
[/s]

Your post shows you are a little kid that still live with his aged parent, I blame Seun for allowing you ignorant kids to destroy this section. You still cant point out where I am worried about the bombings, you just keep beating about the bush. Point out where I complained about the bombings or keep shut forever, I have told you several times that its not and will never affect me. Even if Oil stop flowing in all oil producing states including our SW Ondo state, my home state will cope for sure and still pay salaries, commission projects and move forward.

You said Yorubas betrayal is not an hidden fact, yet you still cant tell us how they betray you. Betrayal mans having an agreement with someone, and reneging on same agreement. Kindly tell us the agreement Yoruba failed to fulfill else you should apologize for lying against a whole tribe. Even in this trying times, Yorubas have been the only voice speaking out, your shameless leaders have all kept mute since no one take them serious. The likes of Afenifere, FFK, Fayose, Femi Falana e.t.c must be Ibos since you are ignorant and not even ashamed of your own ignorance. It seems its a waste of time engaging you cos you have nothing to contribute than spread your wicked lies. You suck little man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by AROZIBE: 3:39pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

you are not making sense bruv, is oil responsible for the tomato scarcity now? so it is oil that is feeding farmers in Nigeria ba?
u forgot that Nigeria import if not most everytin including toothpick ,rice, even d sachet used in pakaging ur pure water! What does ur tomatoes acct for tell me.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NavierStokes(m): 3:39pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

you are lying, oil is not driving any world economy, the money thailand is making from rice production is more than the money Nigeria makes from oil, you guys have been deceived, oil has not brought any development to any part of the world, oil is not driving the economies of china, US and europe or you want to tell me the english premiership if you watch it is driven by oil, common oil is not that special, it can only give you start -up capital to establish other sectors but can never sustain it due to fluctuation in prices which is what is affecting the FG. Lagos state can continue to pay salaries and attract FDI because it is off oil, which is what other states should emulate

If oil was that special, it should be able to solve our tomato wahala now but alas it can't. Oil is not renewable, ok?

Why I say you are lacking at understanding how the parts form into a whole, you already mentioned oil as possibly providing initial capital, listing world economies the USA, China, Japan, Europe etc are all countries whose development are tied to petroleum, reason oil is called a primary source because from it everything else has it's cause, and world systems are being maintained. If I'll were to be inconsequential I am sure the world would have stopped looking for it, let's take our own Lagos as an example, what activities take place here in Lagos?
Banking, taxes, Insurance, Manufacturing, imports etc

With oil prices or income low what is happening to manufacturing?
Where do the banks and insurance companies make the bulk of their money? As they are currently they are highly exposed since the bulk of their investments are already in oil and gas.
The bulk of the taxes where do you think it's coming from, despite government telling you about 840billion naira in the budget coming from direct sales of crude what about profit taxes that's almost 85% of profits, what about oil and gas personnel taxes being paid to tbe government.

If you are thinking about how oil will be used directly to grow tomatoes, then you are thinking / seeing through a very small lens.
You have a tomatoes problem, where will money for research against tuta absoluta come from? Where will money for fertilizers etc come from, the transportation, and every other aspect of your tomatoe's value chain will still felt directly or indirectly on oil.

The nexus is pretty strong,but you need to look a little more deeper to see the connection.

There is a reason financial experts hfrom available sata have shown that oil price and global GDP are highly and positively correlated, you refusing to accept that, doesn't take away the fact that it is fact.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Btzzk: 3:39pm On May 27, 2016
I think our government is too slow, you cannot allow one section of a country to take us for ransom; that is exactly what Niger Delta militants are doing. When we call our self a united nation, we should not allow anyone to take advantage of us. What they are looking for is for government to negotiate with them and started awarding them unnecessary contract. I will advise government to send army into that area and wipe them out. Such thing cannot happen in USA or UK. Why did we allow that to happen in Nigeria? They need to be taking out, that is the solution. The negotiation done by our last head of state end up in big corruption. Let us stop waste our money. Southwest have contributed Cocoa to the economy of this country before oil was discovered, likewise North have contributed agricultural products to this nation without taking anyone for ransom. This nonsense need to stop, I hope you people in government are listen.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by greatman247(m): 3:40pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:

-If I hear, what did they benefit from their son, Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan (PhD) as President undecided
-He was Commander-in-Chief for more than five years with average annual budget of N4trillion per annum
-What did they benefit from him? Pollution, poor and epileptic power supply, no potable water, no shelter, no bridges, no roads.
Nonsense

Don't mind dem jor! During GEJ era, he did absolutely nothing for this people other than to give dem the security of the pipelines which brought about corruption and their leaders get rich at the expense of the agitators. GEJ brought no development to them even though he was from ND. Listen, even if Buhari give dem heaven and earth they still won't get satisfied cos I have been hearing some peeps saying Buhari caused it all, that he should have give them the security contract, he should free Nnamdi Kalu, he should forget about Tompolo, ND should be instruct Shell and co to clean up their territories and compensate dem. But now Buhari bent d rule to satisfied them and gave dem the security of pipelines and even promised to help dem repackage the ND Program for former warring boys of ND and dey dropped the big one on us that they don't want anything other than break up and some people are still blaming Buhari. It is obvious that not all that I mentioned above are what they truly fighting for. Some people are just plain foolish. This people have been bombing since when GEJ was there, none of all these things they asked Buhari to do is the problem, I have always known they have hidden agenda and exactly what they just brought to the fore now, so its not Buhari's fault.

Now dem don't know the more dey bomb is not the govt that feels it more. Its their people and we the rest Nigerians. If na bad President he go just allow dem to bomb and bomb and when dem tired he go give dem approval to break up and by so doing na dem go dey at loosing end. Cos you are saying there's no enuf development in your states that generate the fund in which Nigeria is enriched today and u kip destroying the minimal development on ground in your state. And they will loose more eventually. But I am thankful President have a good heart and I don't support such bad idea either. My suggestion is that this NDA should embrace peace and take the options govt gave them or suggest more lighter additional options they want from the govt cos when govt start now dem go dey halla, govt is dealing with innocent citizens. But their community knows them and they are suppose to call dem to order now before things get more bad.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by hundredhunndred: 3:41pm On May 27, 2016
demslayerrz:
[s][/s]

Your post shows you are a little kid that still live with his aged parent, I blame Seun for allowing you ignorant kids to destroy this section. You still cant point out where I am worried about the bombings, you just keep beating about the bush. Point out where I complained about the bombings or keep shut forever, I have told you several times that its not and will never affect me. Even if Oil stop flowing in all oil producing states including our SW Ondo state, my home state will cope for sure and still pay salaries, commission projects and move forward.

You said Yorubas betrayal is not an hidden fact, yet you still cant tell us how they betray you. Betrayal mans having an agreement with someone, and reneging on same agreement. Kindly tell us the agreement Yoruba failed to fulfill else you should apologize for lying against a whole tribe. Even in this trying times, Yorubas have been the only voice speaking out, your shameless leaders have all kept mute since no one take them serious. The likes of Afenifere, FFK, Fayose, Femi Falana e.t.c must be Ibos since you are ignorant and not even ashamed of your own ignorance. It seems its a waste of time engaging you cos you have nothing to contribute than spread your wicked lies. You suck little man.

Been following your intelligent contribution, stop replying the small kid cos I am even ashamed of his senseless rant and lies.

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by mutvy: 3:41pm On May 27, 2016
Moderators do your job! Don't allow these people to turn Nairaland into a propaganda tool.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NavierStokes(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2016
Btzzk:
I think our government is too slow, you cannot allow one section of a country to take us for ransom; that is exactly what Niger Delta militants are doing. When we call our self a united nation, we should not allow anyone to take advantage of us. What they are looking for is for government to negotiate with them and started awarding them unnecessary contract. I will advise government to send army into that area and wipe them out. Such thing cannot happen in USA or UK. Why did we allow that to happen in Nigeria? They need to be taking out, that is the solution. The negotiation done by our last head of state end up in big corruption. Let us stop waste our money. Southwest have contributed Cocoa to the economy of this country before oil was discovered, likewise North have contributed agricultural products to this nation without taking anyone for ransom. This nonsense need to stop, I hope you people in government are listen.

My friend all regions contributed to the centre so don't make it look like the southwest or any single region has contributed selflessly like the naija delta.
The moment all regions were required to bring their proceeds to the center a civil war began in a space of a few months. So you see oil has been the primary driver contributing over 280 billion dollars to the entity Nigeria and over a period of 50 years more or less.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Kgdavid(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2016
Opharhe:
Yes, i think you're correct. I too am from the Niger-Delta and i believe that a united Nigeria is a better option. The so-called 'Avengers' did not actually ask for sovereignty, what they asked for is the same thing you and i want- a loose federal structure. I also agree with you that the Niger-Delta intelligentsia needs to rise to the challenge. This is a very sad situation.

We can do something, you know? I am still thinking of the best way to go about it but i have resolved to do something. One good place to start is by focusing on educating our young ones, which is why i really hope to serve in the ND. Knowledge will be key to the actualization of the dream.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by GWMI(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2016
demslayerrz:
[s][/s]

you were quick to call me kid but You do not know me.Your maturity have a prove when you are speaking sensibly.For a so called grown up man in Nigeria to be in support of Buahari's every move that is called hypocrisy.Your age have nothing to do when you cannot discern good from evil bad from good so you keep your age to your self.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Unbrandedguy: 3:43pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

Take your worthless oil that has never added value to Nigeria apart from greedy politicians, if states like anambra and Lagos are embarking on massive infrastructure constructions without oil, then oil is not that special after all.

Kindly tell that to the northerners who left their place and used military regime and might to own the oilblocks down south.. Tell them to ignore the worthless crude oil and face groundnut, and either natural productions in their region.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 3:43pm On May 27, 2016
AROZIBE:
u forgot that Nigeria import if not most everytin including toothpick ,rice, even d sachet used in pakaging ur pure water! What does ur tomatoes acct for tell me.

bros tomato scarce, we need solution, let your oil come to our rescue now or forever hold thy peace
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by hundredhunndred: 3:44pm On May 27, 2016
GWMI:
yes you are abroad but you feel the hardship in Nigeria more than those living in it.If you want to learn better learn how not debate with those living at home here because the economy situation here will always affect our comment and not hatred for anyone.Thanks.

Why not answer his question instead of convulsing all over the thread. How did the Yorubas betray you?

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Kgdavid(m): 3:44pm On May 27, 2016
Btzzk:

Is Nigeria a united nation? Is Nigeria even a true nation in the true sense of that word?

Secondly did you just say the north has never held this country to ransom? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by adeniyibolanle(m): 3:45pm On May 27, 2016
Now I think if this country break up, it will be the best make sw dey on their own and if ss $ se wan merge good for them then make northern dey their end. So that peace go reign.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by eziokwubundunuwa: 3:46pm On May 27, 2016
greatman247:

My suggestion is that this NDA should embrace peace and take the options govt gave them or suggest more lighter additional options they want from the govt cos when govt start now dem go dey halla, govt is dealing with innocent citizens. But their community knows them and they are suppose to call dem to order now before things get more bad.

The issue is that even if a country is created comprising of only pure Ijaw the war there will be worse than we have today. Nigeria being together is to the advantage of all.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 3:47pm On May 27, 2016
GWMI:
you were quick to call me kid but You do not know me.Your maturity have a prove when you are speaking sensibly.For a so called grown up man in Nigeria to be in support of Buahari's every move that is called hypocrisy.Your age have nothing to do when you cannot discern good from evil bad from good so you keep your age to your self.Thanks.

I can see you have nothng sensible to say on this thread, next time learn to stop spreading lies on a public forum cos of hatred for a tribe. The Yorubas are not responsible for your being jobless, hold your parents and leaders responsible instead of crying everywhere. The day you leave your parent house to find a job for yourself, you will learn to be honest and free your mind from hatred. Now run along and go meet your fellow kids for children's day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Unbrandedguy: 3:52pm On May 27, 2016
Btzzk:

U speak like a kid meenh. To wat extent did your cocoa and northern groundnut and product developed this country How many years did they served as export commodities compared to how long crude oil hv been explored from the SS region?? Go and check brfor u reply.
Moreover, don't you know that States like ondo and Lagos have oil?? Who own the oil exploration contracts?? It is Yoruba owned companies!, go and check too, u come to the south, the northern guys takes over, we cry fowl, you say we are stupid.. There is God o

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by hundredhunndred: 3:53pm On May 27, 2016
Faith111:

No one hates you guys.
You guys hate everyone. (Hausa, Igbos, NDs)
Haba can't you guys wake up to reality?
All the Yoruba guys typing, 'Wipe them Out' suddenly turns out to be in support.
Good news you guys know what's good.
I've got no case then. Just keep on with our view.
Thanks

So Yorubas hate everyone and your people still rush to there land daily. Ibos and lies are like this-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 3:59pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:

Why I say you are lacking at understanding how the parts form into a whole, you already mentioned oil as possibly providing initial capital, listing world economies the USA, China, Japan, Europe etc are all countries whose development are tied to petroleum, reason oil is called a primary source because from it everything else has it's cause, and world systems are being maintained. If I'll were to be inconsequential I am sure the world would have stopped looking for it, let's take our own Lagos as an example, what activities take place here in Lagos?
Banking, taxes, Insurance, Manufacturing, imports etc

With oil prices or income low what is happening to manufacturing?
Where do the banks and insurance companies make the bulk of their money? As they are currently they are highly exposed since the bulk of their investments are already in oil and gas.
The bulk of the taxes where do you think it's coming from, despite government telling you about 840billion naira in the budget coming from direct sales of crude what about profit taxes that's almost 85% of profits, what about oil and gas personnel taxes being paid to tbe government.

If you are thinking about how oil will be used directly to grow tomatoes, then you are thinking / seeing through a very small lens.
You have a tomatoes problem, where will money for research against tuta absoluta come from? Where will money for fertilizers etc come from, the transportation, and every other aspect of your tomatoe's value chain will still felt directly or indirectly on oil.

The nexus is pretty strong,but you need to look a little more deeper to see the connection.

There is a reason financial experts hfrom available sata have shown that oil price and global GDP are highly and positively correlated, you refusing to accept that, doesn't take away the fact that it is fact.

if you have initial capital and that's all, how do you sustain the business? oil is primary source but its not renewable, the world only keeps looking for oil cos of its cheap money, americans o yes love petrol dollars cause it comes easy and so everyone keeps looking for oil. Please look up thailand on wikipedia and see how rice production contributes to their economy in form of taxes as their major tax revenue comes from rice, o yes thailand is running on oil abi? Oil can be used to kick start other sectors but can never sustain it, the world will continue to look for oil cos its one of the easiest and cheapest money to get around but serious countries don't tie themselves too much to oil cos of its fluctuations in global prices.

despite the slump in oil prices, why is Lagos still generating lots of IGR if all the banking, insurance and manufacturing are all tied to oil as you are inferring, you need to explain this and as for your tomato illustration its laughable, you mean its only oil that can provide money for research on tomatoe diseases, mhen there are international organisations that can fund such research.

I don't blame you much, its because you were told everything comes from oil

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by AROZIBE: 4:10pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

bros tomato scarce, we need solution, let your oil come to our rescue now or forever hold thy peace
broz d city of velencia in spain just celebrated there tomato festival were they throw tomatoes at each oda , guy we can import it wit well oiled money.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by GWMI(m): 4:10pm On May 27, 2016
demslayerrz:

I can see you have nothng sensible to say on this thread, next time learn to stop spreading lies on a public forum cos of hatred for a tribe. The Yorubas are not responsible for your being jobless, hold your parents and leaders responsible instead of crying everywhere. The day you leave your parent house to find a job for yourself, you will learn to be honest and free your mind from hatred. Now run along and go meet your fellow kids for children's day.
what sensible thing have you said ever since other than twisting facts also.You are very quick to say you are advising the Niger Deltaans on how to behave well but why then did you not advice your Northern allays to choose education other than running after any thing Buhari will say.Go tell the Northern youths to be educated and stop wasting away our precious money looking for oil in the North.Go advice the Northerns to be sensible and not me because it is obvious you will never tell the truth just like your brothers here.That is misplace priority advice the Northerns to choose education as the best tool for a child.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NavierStokes(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

if you have initial capital and that's all, how do you sustain the business? oil is primary source but its not renewable, the world only keeps looking for oil cos of its cheap money, americans o yes love petrol dollars cause it comes easy and so everyone keeps looking for oil. Please look up thailand on wikipedia and see how rice production contributes to their economy in form of taxes as their major tax revenue comes from rice, o yes thailand is running on oil abi? Oil can be used to kick start other sectors but can never sustain it, the world will continue to look for oil cos its one of the easiest and cheapest money to get around but serious countries don't tie themselves too much to oil cos of its fluctuations in global prices.

despite the slump in oil prices, why is Lagos still generating lots of IGR if all the banking, insurance and manufacturing are all tied to oil as you are inferring, you need to explain this and as for your tomato illustration its laughable, you mean its only oil that can provide money for research on tomatoe diseases, mhen there are international organisations that can fund such research.

I don't blame you much, its because you were told everything comes from oil

There you go again, from your argument Thailand as a country has no dependence on petroleum, whats her source of energy. I have told you to look at the big picture you still find it hard to see things with with larger screen. I Repeat GLOBAL GDP and oil are highly and positively correlated.
As regards Lagos are you implying there is no drop in her accrued revenues?
There is a reason it is called blackgold, insofar as we have no other relaible source of energy, all economies will directly or indirectly be dependent on oil. Please never make your myopic assertions in the gathering of the learned.

I recall a little child whom when you give him some money to say buy biscuits he will use it all for biscuits, give him 10000 naira and he will use it all up for biscuits.
Think very hard at the relationships sorry if I am not doing a good job lecturing you on this.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Fabzinski80(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2016
It is soo obvious that we have never been compatible since our soo called independence, let our government do something fast to avert this thing that I'm seeing that looks like civil war
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by designexploit(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2016
Beremx:
stop typing Buhari incorrectly if you must quote me.

So there's was no time for implementation before Jonathan left office?

Jonathan wouldn't have done so because the Buhari led APC Government of today would have done everything beyond its powers to make sure it fails. Just like they did during Jonathan's regime, when he attempted removing the Fuel Subsidy.

Hypocrites...

Everything happening now is a simple Law of Nature Whatever goes up must come down. You better choose side now so that you don't get locked out of Heaven.

grin

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Guyman02: 4:17pm On May 27, 2016
The North should be ready to accept True Federalism and stop pretending that Nigeria is a federation while practicing Unitary system of governance.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by sirwilly1(m): 4:22pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

What is a sovereign state?

- In international law, a sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area.

-International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states.

-It is also normally understood that a sovereign state is neither dependent on nor subjected to any other power or state.

Issues:

- They want to install their people and control our natural resources. E.g Jonathan would be their Prime Minister or President
- MNC's would be paying them taxes and royalties, there would be lots of cash available to them.
- They would still not be richer. Their predicaments would not improve. Even pollution would increase thereby degrading their natural sources of livelihood.
- Issues of legitimacy would arise and the Western powers would do the needful.
- Nigeria and its Army would deal with them accordingly in line with global practise.
- Rise in militancy is expected in the region various groups would emerge for example Bini's, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni would join the fray.
- Economically, our Naira would still be a unifying currency for Nigeria and the so called sovereign state.
- My brothers from the South East would be divided along the lines of joining or remaining in one Nigeria

What nonsense embarassed embarassed
Jonathan sef cry

Bros, stop this your preaching. Grant them sovereignty first and see what happens next.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Faith111: 4:29pm On May 27, 2016
Double Post.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Faith111: 4:29pm On May 27, 2016
Double Post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Senator Akpabio Mobbed By Youths At A Wedding Reception In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Photo Of Governor Ambode And D'banj On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.