Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. (26830 Views)

Buhari Lays Foundation Of A Shopping Mall In Abakaliki, Ebonyi (Pictures) / President Buhari In Abakaliki, Shuns Guard Of Honour / Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by achi4u(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2016
Xonology:
Considering the resources at the disposal of Egwu's administration, he started in 1999 when Ebonyi was nothing and had absolutely nothing. He started by giving Ai, the state capital a facelift by reconstructing all the major roads in Ai. He introduced free and compulsory primary and secondary education throughout his tenure, started Ebonyi State University at its temporary site and later built the permanent site which was commissioned before the end of his administration and also funded EBSU very to enable them run medical school which saw EBSUTH won the best state owned medical school in the country in 2005. Aggressive rural road contruction and electrification projects of which my village is a beneficiary. In fact Egwu tried his best considering that Ebonyi had nothing when he came in and today, Ebonyi can compete favourably with her mate states and even her elder States in all facets of human endeavour. Had it been that Elechi started from where he stopped, we would've by now.
Is this all u can mention after eight years of Egwu's miss rule? Egwu kept sharing money, partying here and there, breeding tugs of all kind, acquiring wealth in different locations and traveling the whole world like Buhari.
Bros, can you compare Elechi's tenure to that of Egwu's tenure? (Dave tenure is still virgin but what he achieved in 1 year surpasses Egwu's first tenure)
Secondly, u mentioned allocation of the state as of then and now... What's the difference? , remember the high cost of everything today compare to 16 years ago.
You won't know what Elechi did if Ebonyi river divided your community that you have to enter canoe to cross to the other side then Elechi come and fix the bridge that you have to close ur eyes and cross to the other side.
Like I said earlier on, If Dave Umahi the present Governor will do half of what Elechi did, then Ebonyi is good to go.
Elechi's shoe is too big jare... Lol

1 Like

Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 29, 2016
asha90:
You mean am? cheesy
. Shebi you wan cry as usual ni? Ok
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by asha90: 9:44pm On May 29, 2016
Chyke I asked have you eaten today? Simple question! sad

2after1:
. Shebi you wan cry as usual ni? Ok
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 29, 2016
asha90:
Chyke I asked have you eaten today? Simple question! sad

. Ok
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by Mekanus(m): 6:21am On May 30, 2016
Xonology:
Considering the resources at the disposal of Egwu's administration, he started in 1999 when Ebonyi was nothing and had absolutely nothing. He started by giving Ai, the state capital a facelift by reconstructing all the major roads in Ai. He introduced free and compulsory primary and secondary education throughout his tenure, started Ebonyi State University at its temporary site and later built the permanent site which was commissioned before the end of his administration and also funded EBSU very to enable them run medical school which saw EBSUTH won the best state owned medical school in the country in 2005. Aggressive rural road contruction and electrification projects of which my village is a beneficiary. In fact Egwu tried his best considering that Ebonyi had nothing when he came in and today, Ebonyi can compete favourably with her mate states and even her elder States in all facets of human endeavour. Had it been that Elechi started from where he stopped, we would've by now.
Bro most of the major roads you think Egwu constructed were actually done by the then military government. The free education you also talked about is also an avenue Egwu used to loot Ebonyi in conjunction with Austin Igwe Edeze. This said free education was equally done better by Elechi.
The permanent site of Ebsu shouldn't even be there because he did nothing other than acquiring peoples land without compensation. And about the aggressive rural road construction, hmmm I wonder where that one happened because I'm from Ezzangbo and almost the same community where Egwu leaves now and throughout out his tenure the only roads he constructed are those that leads to his home and farms. So I do not see any of the things you mentioned here worthy of given Egwu encomium.
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by Xonology: 7:34am On May 30, 2016
Mekanus:
Bro most of the major roads you think Egwu constructed were actually done by the then military government. The free education you also talked about is also an avenue Egwu used to loot Ebonyi in conjunction with Austin Igwe Edeze. This said free education was equally done better by Elechi.
The permanent site of Ebsu shouldn't even be there because he did nothing other than acquiring peoples land without compensation. And about the aggressive rural road construction, hmmm I wonder where that one happened because I'm from Ezzangbo and almost the same community where Egwu leaves now and throughout out his tenure the only roads he constructed are those that leads to his home and farms. So I do not see any of the things you mentioned here worthy of given Egwu encomium.
How many roads did did Walter Feghabor constructed? You said that Egwu acquired people's land without doing anything? Hmm.. Was the permanent site completed or not? Just mention one single project that Elechi commissioned before the end of his tenure? ... Ebsu then was the pride of Ebonyi State and the medical school normally get many referrals from other teaching hospitals round the country. Even the college of education was also started. Can you Ebonyi State boast of in 1999 compared to 2007 when Egwu left? ... Common teaching hospital, Elechi can't run hence he sold it to FUNAI despite all the money he got throughout his administration. If Elechi did very well, while will Dave be reconstructing all the roads in Ai immediately when he came in? ... Anyway just mention one single project Elechi commissioned throughout his tenure then, we can start it from there.
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by Xonology: 7:37am On May 30, 2016
achi4u:
Is this all u can mention after eight years of Egwu's miss rule? Egwu kept sharing money, partying here and there, breeding tugs of all kind, acquiring wealth in different locations and traveling the whole world like Buhari.
Bros, can you compare Elechi's tenure to that of Egwu's tenure? (Dave tenure is still virgin but what he achieved in 1 year surpasses Egwu's first tenure)
Secondly, u mentioned allocation of the state as of then and now... What's the difference? , remember the high cost of everything today compare to 16 years ago.
You won't know what Elechi did if Ebonyi river divided your community that you have to enter canoe to cross to the other side then Elechi come and fix the bridge that you have to close ur eyes and cross to the other side.
Like I said earlier on, If Dave Umahi the present Governor will do half of what Elechi did, then Ebonyi is good to go.
Elechi's shoe is too big jare... Lol
Bros I'm comparing Egwu and Elechi's tenure. Mention one single project that Elechi commissioned before he left.. Since the creation of Ebonyi State, he administration got the highest allocation so, bear that in mind.
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by achi4u(m): 10:13am On May 30, 2016
Xonology:
Bros I'm comparing Egwu and Elechi's tenure. Mention one single project that Elechi commissioned before he left.. Since the creation of Ebonyi State, he administration got the highest allocation so, bear that in mind.
well he did not commission any of his projects because he was not in a hurry, it is a hurry and desperate politicians who wants their names to be buzzing on television and newspapers do such shoddy jobs but after months of living office EFCC and other security agencies will be swapping their home like ants.
Mind you, all his projects are nearly completion yet he doesn't want to get the buzz.
I'm not his fans, nor have any political party, just a concern citizen.
Elechi rubbishes his legacy and political career at the dying minutes, as one of the founding fathers and an elder stateman, you shouldn't have any candidate of ur choice, allow the people /party to choose their candidates while you guard them.
So far, Elechi still remain the first best Governor of Ebonyi state.
I can't rate Dave Umahi for now.
Stay cool brother.
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by achi4u(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2016
Did Egwu in all his tenure supervise any of his contract to know the quality that is being given out, that's why any road he built hardly last 2months and above. Ezzamgbo his home town is the worst, if you travel from Ezzamgbo junction to Effium town you will hate Egwu the more.
His wife Ukamaka JP... Ordinary JP, we hardly hear another word or news on EBBC radio. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by Xonology: 10:38am On May 30, 2016
achi4u:
well he did not commission any of his projects because he was not in a hurry, it is a hurry and desperate politicians who wants their names to be buzzing on television and newspapers do such shoddy jobs but after months of living office EFCC and other security agencies will be swapping their home like ants.
Mind you, all his projects are nearly completion yet he doesn't want to get the buzz.
I'm not his fans, nor have any political party, just a concern citizen.
Elechi rubbishes his legacy and political career at the dying minutes, as one of the founding fathers and an elder stateman, you shouldn't have any candidate of ur choice, allow the people /party to choose their candidates while you guard them.
So far, Elechi still remain the first best Governor of Ebonyi state.
I can't rate Dave Umahi for now.
Stay cool brother.
So a performing governor spent a whole 8 years without completing a single project?.. can you listen to yourself?

1 Like

Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by achi4u(m): 11:22am On May 30, 2016
Xonology:
So a performing governor spent a whole 8 years without completing a single project?.. can you listen to yourself?
So, all u are after is to see him commissioning any project whether completed or not?
You see why Africa, Nigeria and Ebonyi will hardly progress like the European countries, all his projects are heavy with little cash and time to fix them all.
The water scheme is heavy.
The international markets is heavy.
The unity bridges are very heavy.
The boarding schools are capital intensive.
The Ochudo city is a whole lot of thing.
____do you know what it takes to construct a bridge in a Ebonyi river multiply by the quantity he built. You see why I'm not carried away by the 3 flyovers Dave is building because, it is been build on the dry ground. Do you know what it takes to construct a pillar inside the river.
I still rank him high biko because those bridges were all completed without commissioning.
Re: Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit. by eazyway212: 9:55pm On May 28, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Rejects N7b VP Residence, Says He Will Remain In Current Accommodation / APC Campaign In Gaya LG, Kano State ( Pictures) / Lagos Assembly Lists Ambode’s ‘deadly Sins’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.