Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (33633 Views)

Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 12:03am On May 28, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man
I remember catching him with a strange woman while momma was away
But he fucking deceived me she was his course mate back in university.

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

Be thankful dude, he could have used a condom.

Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 12:04am On May 28, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And you will one day be a dad and your son will hate you!

Karma treats all misgivings squarely
fvck u and that dirty hole you call a mouth, so cos you were lucky to have a good father or so means everybody is the same? Were you in his shoes? Why am i even talking,, some people are just unbelieveably reatarded

9 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 12:16am On May 28, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with he [amp] write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

It's a pity you had to go through all of that as a child. However, you must try to forgive your father (no matter how hard it is), then try to be the best dad you can be to your own children. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by tollyboy5(m): 12:16am On May 28, 2016
Wow I love this thread & many of us here hate our dad. I guess it is high time we gain knowledge I don't knw how I feel d pain if ma dad shud dies nw wen I've attempted suicide due 2 frustration. No body knws y am still alive 2day so dey don't need 2 tell me shit, bcus no body knew ma nature. we ave autistic children & yet parent don't care on how 2 train such children they only flog & take dem 2 church 4 deliverance dat changes nothing. So parent study ur children & note d difference dats is incurable so dat u guide the child well, else... U end like me listing all my grudges after nineteen years later. So nw dat I'm grown up I don't flog children wen I was teaching & we coped well. I asked ma girlfriend if she wud cane ma child 4 any reasons she said yes. Den I jst luk dat in case we got married dat has 2. Change

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by tosinjay(m): 12:18am On May 28, 2016
Been there, remember all harsh characters, beating me till when i wet myself, with swollen head, hated and feared the man althrough till when i grew up. And i realized all those things that happen when you're young turns story later as i still love him. Op you gats forgive ooh. My own parle beat me no be here but father is father and i believe he won't be the way he was now so recheck with him. We got different types of fathers, mine was ruthless when we were younger as he beats like you're a stone and doesn't mind if you gon' pass out. Op forgive him oo, make God forgive you too
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by waxxydude: 12:20am On May 28, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

grin grin grin

Nigga talk true U did more than dodge His knock to deserve this
Nah just face i strong o nothing else bruv. grin

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by teebillz: 12:33am On May 28, 2016
sugarbeesmith:
you don't know the value of what you have until you loose it......you should show much love to your dad especially now that he's still alive no matter what happened in the past cus if he dies I bet you will regret not loving him while he was still with you....I was in the same shoe until I lost my dad .now I keep regretting not showing him love ....

Tell him o. Even me that tried my best for my Dad is still regretting not having done far much more. My Dad had so much trust and confidence in me to do well in life. I had three elder brothers but he once told me that I am the only one whom he is never worried about.

He said that I am already self-guided and therefore, needs no further guidance or advice from him. He so much trusted my judgement. Sometime I just feel guilty and sad that he didn't live long for me to build him a house, buy him cars, and take him on pilgrimage to Jerusalem. I still give God all the glory.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Greenbullet(m): 12:39am On May 28, 2016
airforce1 sorry but your dad was not as worst as mine,I almost put poison in his food one day and also tried to cut his brake pad,I was treated less than a slave imagine me watching television. for 5 mins and he tells me to leave the parlour ,d day he misplaced his money he accused me and flogged me naked in my area he later found it and even sorry wasn't said,I wished I killed him .I hate him with my heart.unapologetic asshole.

5 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by DeleSuper1: 12:44am On May 28, 2016
Disfather him then stop complaining!

Bundesliga!!

Gerarahere joo. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Kiish(m): 12:49am On May 28, 2016
anger and hatred is toxic. Forgive him and move one.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by sammhi(m): 12:49am On May 28, 2016
Airforce1:
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

You still haven't actually grown up..
I didn't see any reasons for you not liking him except that your mum pamper you more than him...
Fathers are usually more strict ..even when they indulge in sin , a good father still won't want his child to follow such path ....
learn to grow up...
He beat you in front of your peers should not be reason foe you to hate him...but it also shows you are rude and quite arrogant....
I know some parents can be overly strict but I TG think your mum didn't manage it well too

4 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by InvertedHammer: 1:04am On May 28, 2016
Airforce1:

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

/
Childhood girlfriend?

I can see that you had no respect. Most parents in Nigeria would have skinned you alive to be talking of gf at a young age.

Your dad tried to help you. But it seems that you treat people who want to help you with disdain which explains why you have not been successful in your endeavours.

What plagues you is internal. Work on yourself. If I meet your dad, I will tell him bravo.
\

7 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:04am On May 28, 2016
dis is the sighn of end times
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by LasoulMacuby(m): 1:16am On May 28, 2016
O. P, go ask your Mum if he is your father. Everyone saying they hate their Dad bit refusing to tell what they do for their Oldman to treat them badly. I remember growing up as a Military man's child. My Dad would beat the leaving he'll out of me, ask his younger brother (my uncle) to grind pepper and finally rub my Anusarus with it, after been beaten with thick armored cables, but my Oldman is my best man on Earth, I never just got these beatings for nothing, I misbehaved and I got to be corrected even though extreme measures were often applied. Today, I look at my Dad with Love, appreciation and a kind heart because I will never think of hating him, it's a childish thought. He beats you cos he is typical Nigeria father trying to treat you F up, and not cos he hates you.

N:B: Go and ask your Mum who is your dad really, maybe you look like his former Landlord

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by qtx(m): 1:16am On May 28, 2016
Airforce1:

He is a bad man

I can't forget that day.

I hate him with passion.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

the bold part. I think one day you will grow up. Bc as for now i really do not think you have grown. In as much as i do not sanction rampant beating of a child, am sure your dad loves u the reason he wanted you to be disciplined by correcting you. Look most of us remember some of those thrashing incidences when we were young and all we can now understand is the fact that we were corrected to be better people today which we even thank God for. Without that disciplinary action, you never can tell what you would have become.
Start calling your dad now to appreciate him for making you a better person ojare. Just imagine that both dad and mom pampered you the same way, you would have been something you will hate yourself for today. Dad must be a bit hard while mom is soft. That's the way it is bro. You will live to regret should he pass on one day while you carry this grudge against him. The time to do it is now. DO not say i ididnt warn you.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by LasoulMacuby(m): 1:17am On May 28, 2016
LasoulMacuby:
O. P, go ask your Mum if he is your father. Everyone saying they hate their Dad yet refusing to tell what they do for their Oldman to treat them badly. I remember growing up as a Military man's child. My Dad would beat the leaving he'll out of me, ask his younger brother (my uncle) to grind pepper and finally rub my Anusarus with it, after been beaten with thick armored cables, but my Oldman is my best man on Earth, I never just got these beatings for nothing, I misbehaved and I got to be corrected even though extreme measures were often applied. Today, I look at my Dad with Love, appreciation and a kind heart because I will never think of hating him, it's a childish thought. He beats you cos he is typical Nigeria father trying to treat you F up, and not cos he hates you.

N:B: Go and ask your Mum who is your dad really, maybe you look like his former Landlord
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by mzTarsh(f): 1:22am On May 28, 2016
I don't really hate him and I can't say I like him either... he cheats on my mom and doesn't take care of her.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by sinceraconcept(m): 1:42am On May 28, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And you will one day be a dad and your son will hate you!

Karma treats all misgivings squarely
so,you mean karma is what is treating his father's Bleep up now? Maybe his father did the same to his own father too?

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by sinceraconcept(m): 1:44am On May 28, 2016
mzTarsh:
I don't really hate him and I can't say I like him either... he cheats on my mom and doesn't take care of her.
you no wan make baba enjoy?

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by GloriaNinja(f): 1:54am On May 28, 2016
same with me. I despise My own, he didn't even want to further my education, what a callous man.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 2:11am On May 28, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Childhood girlfriend?

I can see that you had no respect. Most parents in Nigeria would have skinned you alive to be talking of gf at a young age.

Your dad tried to help you. But it seems that you treat people who want to help you with disdain which explains why you have not been successful in your endeavours.

What plagues you is internal. Work on yourself. If I meet your dad, I will tell him bravo.
\

Me too.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by calliope(f): 2:25am On May 28, 2016
sexfabregas:

i feel your pain, i hate mine too, people who are nt in out shoes will never understand.
Thanks.. they can neva understand.. You wanna talk about it smiley

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by calliope(f): 2:40am On May 28, 2016
johnson232:

but you know why your dad hated u?
Cos he is a selfish, demented, not-man-enough-to-take-up-responsibity-kinda-of-dad.. You know, just because you had an all caring dad, doesn't equate we all did.., can we let sleeping dogs lay tongue

5 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by tntcorps(m): 2:41am On May 28, 2016
SnowJay92:
E say childhood girlfriend,

Abeg please ask the OP where that childhood girlfriend is today!
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by pacretus(m): 2:49am On May 28, 2016
mzTarsh:
but I'll never cheat on you na.
I just dey #waka pass.com
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by tntcorps(m): 2:58am On May 28, 2016
GloriaNinja:
same with me. I despise My own, he didn't even want to further my education, what a callous man.

Maybe he didn't think you are brainy enough
No hard feelings just saying
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by sinceraconcept(m): 3:00am On May 28, 2016
jbrodaly:

Man you are hating yourself! Hate has no direction,from hating one person you begin to to hate others.But in this case you are hating the blood that flows inside you. It is being used as a weapon against your life. [b]I have not heard of any man who hates/hated his dad or mum that ever made it in life. [/b]I am very sure you are the first son. Things happen in life. There are things I need not write here. I pray you overcome this "burden".
what about Eminem who hates his father and mother? Nicki Minaj who hates her father etc. Not trying to encourage hate for one's parents but........

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by gabbytabby: 3:14am On May 28, 2016
It is possible to forgive and not forget.

All abusers need to change their ways as often times you reap what you sow.

Expecially with children, do not maltreat just because you are stronger cos one day your strength will be gone. Show empathy, loyalty, love and compassion and you will get it back.

nikkypearl:
I hate to be the third to comment on a rustic thread angry angry

Do you know you ain't doing anybody a favour by forgiving?bitterness is like a poison,when you harbor it within,everything around you begins to wither away!

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by calliope(f): 3:17am On May 28, 2016
tntcorps:

Maybe he didn't think you are brainy enough
No hard feelings just saying
Inspite Dat, It's still not a reason..
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by zeezahbee(f): 3:26am On May 28, 2016
OP, how old are you? you should have outgrown the hatred if you have had the chance to leave home to the Uni or start earning a living.
I hated my dad back then because he always beat me. I was freaking stubborn and I was the first born so I get whopping for my siblings faults.
Those beating makes me strong and able to stand on my own. I had good days with my dad and sometimes he goes from 0-100 and get angry at me.

BUT the moment I left lagos to my university, it reduce and I was a woman of my own. Then I moved to the United States and Can you believe my dad calls me for advice and I decide everything for him now.

you are prolly still young and you have understand that life is a phase. you will outgrow the beating and become your dad's boss.

Get close to your dad and you will find out that he is the best. your dad only believed in beating to make you learn lesson. some parent don't beat.

I bet if my dad didn't gave me beating, I for don become something else oooo chaiii.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by jayriginal: 3:28am On May 28, 2016
Airforce1:

He is a bad man

I can't forget that day.

I hate him with passion.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

You Sir, are an ïdíöt of the highest order.

If you ever grow out of your second childhood, you may have a rethink.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by tntcorps(m): 3:39am On May 28, 2016
calliope:

Inspite Dat, It's still not a reason..

Well don't beat yourself up. My dad didn't further my education also cause things got rough for him. My two older siblings schooled in private university till they graduated. But I never ever got one day in the university class room . Am the last born, but either way I don't beat myself up. I still love my dad more than life itself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures) / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.