Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? (30484 Views)

Human Arm And Leg Found In A Crocodile's Belly In Indonesia (Photos) / O.M.G! See What Was Found In The Belly Of A Big Snake Killed In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by bustamode: 9:08am On May 28, 2016
:DThis is some biochemistry higi haga...confirm

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:08am On May 28, 2016
TrollTrap:
Cockroach sciences cool baba
cheesy
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Firefire(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2016
DickDastardly:
Cause they 've kicked the bucket undecided

Won ta teru ni pa.

cheesy

jamex93:
Mystery

Only God knows

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Arsenate(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
I beieve most of these insecticides are organophosphate nerve poisons. The nerve poison often inhibits
cholinesterase, an enzyme that breaks down acetyl choline (ACh), a neurotransmitter. With extra ACh in the
nervous system, the cockroach has muscular spasms which often result in the cockroach flipping on its back.
Without muscular coordination the cockroach cannot right itself and eventually dies in its upside down-
position... wink
your explanation seems plausible at first, but even roaches killed by other means face upward.
So how do we explain that?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2016
Am a Native Doctor...
I don't have the answer...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by ceejay80s(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
I beieve most of these insecticides are organophosphate nerve poisons. The nerve poison often inhibits
cholinesterase, an enzyme that breaks down acetyl choline (ACh), a neurotransmitter. With extra ACh in the
nervous system, the cockroach has muscular spasms which often result in the cockroach flipping on its back.
Without muscular coordination the cockroach cannot right itself and eventually dies in its upside down-
position... wink

Wetin this one dey talk? Alien?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2016
Am a Native Doctor...
I don't have the answer...
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by macdon4all(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
position... wink
ok wat will u now make of the once dat still dies facing upwards even without using insecticides cos l have notice dat too?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by LePrezident(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2016
Obviously these cockroaches are only from your village o. I've seen cockroaches that die on their sides severally. Yes of course! Thank me later cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Lamor(f): 9:10am On May 28, 2016
;DMaybe na overfeeding kill am..bt how come d Nigeria economy is collapsing facing down?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by pedrilo: 9:10am On May 28, 2016
Some will comment even when they dnt know jack about science.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:10am On May 28, 2016
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by kingteaser619(m): 9:11am On May 28, 2016
it actually depend on the type of insecticide but either way, as they are about to die, they struggle to breath so they lie on there backs to help them breath better as the toxin chokes them by affecting the respiratory system. that's if its inhaled insecticide oo, but if it is contact,/well let's ask Amadioha for the answer

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by check4lawrence: 9:11am On May 28, 2016
cockroach plenty for your house
so tey u wan learn abt them ??
well, thats their own comfortable way of dieing

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by kingdavid30: 9:11am On May 28, 2016
xavier0327:

In ENGLISH please!

ITK
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 28, 2016
ceejay80s:

Wetin this one dey talk? Alien?
and so?

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 28, 2016
macdon4all:
ok wat will u now make of the once dat still dies facing upwards even without using insecticides cos l have notice dat too?
maybe they died of heart attack..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by crazymod: 9:13am On May 28, 2016
eseosa77:
I ve always wonder each time I spray my house with insecticide,on most occasions I normally discovered that the cockroach would die with their stomach facing up.Have any one notices this or is there any scientific explanation to this.

Below is the pics.

Not all. It depends on their struggle before death......... I just poured bleach on one now and it died natural death facing down.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by kingawo(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
position... wink
small small plss
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by anyicash(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2016
Cos they are looking on upon their God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Mikeparlo12(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
position... wink

Bros I de sure say na google give u this. U no fit sabi am

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:16am On May 28, 2016
Arsenate:
your explanation seems plausible at first, but even roaches killed by other means face upward.
So how do we explain that?
Op mentioned killing them with insecticide
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by nrexzy: 9:18am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
position... wink
Bro tell me ur from Edo State
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 28, 2016
nrexzy:
Bro tell me ur from Edo State
Not again

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by maestroz: 9:21am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
position... wink

Did you study insectisery or your final year thesis is on study of cockroaches?. You seem to know much.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by AmAlbert(m): 9:22am On May 28, 2016
In oda words Dem dey say 'Thank you baba God, I don accomplish d mission wey yhu send me, see my Belle, NA dat same quantity of food wey bello chop die me sef I chop so, I no cheat o'.....

Yinmu grin grin grin grin

*Licks Banana and okpete

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Skmoda360(m): 9:22am On May 28, 2016
Second time i am seeing a post like this.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Iamlordgee(m): 9:23am On May 28, 2016
Wait.. Na to da ask irrelevant Questions da trend for NL now abi.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by macdon4all(m): 9:25am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
maybe they died of heart attack..
lol...l no fit laugh abeg
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Nobody: 9:25am On May 28, 2016
maestroz:

Did you study insectisery or your final year thesis is on study of cockroaches?. You seem to know much.
lol.. cheesy
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by smatgee1: 9:26am On May 28, 2016
Do you mean no body to answer this question accurately? Is bad oo
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? by Arsenate(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2016
grayht:
Op mentioned killing them with insecticide
oh, OK boss.
Nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 / Human-like Behaviors In Animals / Do It Yourself Thread: How To Install A Ceiling Fan (new Room Or Old)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.