Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (30454 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / PHOTOS: Beggers In Front Of National Mosque When Buhari Came To Pray / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 12:39am On Aug 24, 2009
sjeezy8:

you are very stupid

Disprove it and stop cursing.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 12:39am On Aug 24, 2009
Most of these people shouting Lagos, Lagos don't even know where their father's compounds are.They have no clue the caves from whence their fathers's crawled out . grin
People living in Lagos will talk and those in Iyana Ipaja will talk too
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 24, 2009
The Aboriginal Lagosians

are tribal Ijaw/itsehkiri speaking and fish farming people
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 12:39am On Aug 24, 2009
Afaukwu:

SAURON,
I REPEAT LET LAGOS, WHICH DOES NOT PRODUCE ANY OIL, STOP COLLECTING OIL ALLOCATION AND LETS SEE HOW FAR IT SURVIVES. PLUS ALL THOSE REVENUE ARE COMING FROM YORUBA PEOPLE IN LAGOS? YOUR BOASTING IS VACOUS.

Which stupid oil allocation are you talking about?
Do you know how much Lagos state cop as revenue every single day?
Import n duties, Shipping, Transportaion, Housing, etc? U better shut up before i expose your folly here.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sagamite(m): 12:40am On Aug 24, 2009
oyinda.:

of course major cities will always attract people from all states. that is the same with most other countries even in the western world. and it's part of the normal disadvantages to a big city.
what would you think if america deported all the black ghetto people to nigeria? they are an eyesore and unproductive for the west not so?
or if they sent them packing from other major cities to the south missisippi and what not?

US has the resources to have alternative approaches. Lagos does not and is suffering under the overcrowding, this is expedient and harmless. The whole human right angle is just ideology. Ideology should not hold progress back.

Once Lagos develops and is well managed, then they can come back and it will have the resources to take care of them. They should not sink Lagos with them.

oyinda.:

and of course aren't most northerners in lagos doing something like maigard, shoemaker, aboki etc?
and you saying "some volume of beggars ok" makes it clear that you know this isn't right and very unconstitutional.  

That is why it is not tribalistic, as the productive ones are not being deported. Unproductive Yorubas are also being deported.

It is likely to be unconstitutional but it is expedient. The Sharia states are also unconstitutional, we got on with life didn't we?

oyinda.:

lol at it won't lead to ethnic clashes. i don't mean burning mosques and churches and all that. just worse ethnic tension between hausas and yorubas in general. yorubas have mainained a somewhat neutral position in all these ethnic brouhaha so far but this is just bound to turn things around and can serve as a fuel or wood to a bigger fire that might arise later on. because i don't think they will forget this (even if they do cater for the beggars that have been sent to them).  

Not really.

I think they will see sense when they see that the maigards are there to stay and the northerners in Ikoyi are enjoying their lives.

It will probably inspire them to make sure it is not their people being so destitute they are an eyesore.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 12:40am On Aug 24, 2009
$osisi:

Fashola is not from Lagos state either

Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) is a descendant of the patriarch of the Fashola family, Alfa Bello Fashola of Princess Street in Isale Gangan, Lagos.

On the Fashola family tree, he is the great grandson of Bello Fashola, a philanthropist and a very close friend of Esugbayi Eleko, who contributed morally and financially to the struggle to return Esugbayi Eleko to Lagos after the Oba's banishment from his kingdom by the then colonial government.
His historical antecedent spans over five generations
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 24, 2009
How can you leave you hometown with no future ambition than to beg?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by chic2pimp(m): 12:41am On Aug 24, 2009
C'mon u guy lets not go down that familiar road of tribalism again. Well I can't say I am shocked cuz immediately I heard the word hausas I knew this will happen. SUPRISE SUPRISE look who we have here its BECOMERICH. I am still waiting for IKEYMAN to join in as well. C'mon cut the crap out
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 12:42am On Aug 24, 2009
Afaukwu:

SAURON,

I REPEAT LET LAGOS, WHICH DOES NOT PRODUCE ANY OIL, STOP COLLECTING OIL ALLOCATION AND LETS SEE HOW FAR IT SURVIVES. PLUS ALL THOSE REVENUE ARE COMING FROM YORUBA PEOPLE IN LAGOS? YOUR BOASTING IS AT BEST VACUOS.

Don't mind the blood suckers.
When it comes to the ND,they'll team up with Hausa people and blow they up
and when it suits them they transport beggars to Kaduna
Chameleons!!
Let them reject ND oil money for one month let's see the Lagos nwanu

Magnificient Lagos

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 12:43am On Aug 24, 2009
stillwater:

Apparently, Asha80 and Afaukwu love to see beggars cling on their trousers and beg.
It makes em feel like Kings. . . . .Anuofias!!!

sjeezy8:

Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) is a descendant of the patriarch of the Fashola family, Alfa Bello Fashola of Princess Street in Isale Gangan, Lagos.

On the Fashola family tree, he is the great grandson of Bello Fashola, a philanthropist and a very close friend of Esugbayi Eleko, who contributed morally and financially to the struggle to return Esugbayi Eleko to Lagos after the Oba's banishment from his kingdom by the then colonial government.
His historical antecedent spans over five generations

Don't reply these ignoramuses. . . .They are just winding you up.
Very soon they will tell us Nnamdi Azikwe is from Congo Republic.
Buncha hypocritical twats.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Afaukwu: 12:43am On Aug 24, 2009
SAURON,

How many Yoruba contribute to the Lagos revenue? Again your argument is watery. You guys' are just shining with other pep's sweat.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 12:45am On Aug 24, 2009
Afaukwu:

SAURON,
How many Yoruba contribute to the Lagos revenue? Again your argument is watery. You guys' are just shining with other pep's sweat.

Leave Lagos State if you believe in your moronic theory. . . .
How many Yorubas contribute to Lagos revenue. . . .What an asinine comment to make?
Did Lagos stop functioning when Igbos left Lagos in the wake of June 12 crisis?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Jaylon(m): 12:45am On Aug 24, 2009
i think osisi and afaukwu are just mad because igbos are part of those evicted.

if igbos were not evicted, they won't give a damn about others including the hausas
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 12:46am On Aug 24, 2009
lol why are you people making it a tribe think igbos i swear you people love to act tribalistic

back to the topic please
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 12:46am On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Apparently, Asha80 and Afaukwu love to see beggars cling on their trousers and beg.

Where did i in my post strongly support the beggars?Why the cursing on me?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2009
oyinda: either way lagos loses out. plus evicting the poorer people won't stop more poor people from coming into the state. it's called equilibrium. most cities always have their fair share of poor people. especially ones in africa.
evicting them will cause more to come in, and also cause others to hate the state, the cost for evicting this people isn't free either. so what has lagos gained in the process?

You are right, but the truth is Nigerians habor a lot of hatred for each other. All of this is just adding to an already tense situation.

My "spanner in the works" is, what happens to beggers who are from Lagos? I wonder if Fashola is going to jail them.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2009
asha 80:

Where did i in my post strongly support the beggars?Why the cursing on me?

Stop sitting on the fence. . . .

Jaylon:

if igbos were not evicted, they won't give a damn.

Were Igbos evicted too?  grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahahahaha. . . . .Dem don evict Osisi's grandfather? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are you not constituting a nuisance if all you do or have done all your life is beg? Even the bible says no food for lazy man.

sjeezy8:

lol why are you people making it a tribe think igbos i swear you people love to act tribalistic

back to the topic please

Thank you!!! They can never be realistic in their arguments!!!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 12:48am On Aug 24, 2009
Jaylon:

if igbos were not evicted, they won't give a damn about others including the hausas

If you have nothing to say go siddon for gutter.Where was it written that igbos were deported?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 12:48am On Aug 24, 2009
Afaukwu:

SAURON,

The guy you are talking to is not even from Lagos state
He is a migrant too
are Lagos state people Ekiti?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Aug 24, 2009
Sagamite:

Constant eviction and fear of it by the state government will still mean they would lose revenue for each return journey and it would not allow them to be able to forecast or project likely revenues for the year as the eviction would be random.
They would most likely like a steady and undisturbed life and likely head for a place like Kano.

Oh come on!!! You speak of these beggars as if they are some sophisticated mafia. We are speaking of people who mostly know nothing, but to beg for a living. The most sophisticated ones among them have maybe figured that turning it into a business of some sort would help them bring in more more at the end of the day. The houses they own in their villages were built with money obtained from begging. The wives married with money obtained from begging. Suddenly, you expect them to give all that up because of some cockamamie fear of being evicted if they go back? They have never really been welcome in Lagos and have long been considered a nuisance in the state. Deportation is now the solution?

What about the potential consequences of this action by the state? What if the nimrods in the north decide to pester yoruba poor in their states in retaliation? And as someone already asked, what happens to the beggars who claim to be from Lagos state? Do they get Jailed or taken care of by the state then?

I cannot believe I am having this discussion about  Lagos beggars ooO!!! Roflmao!!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by babapupa: 12:49am On Aug 24, 2009
I REPEAT LET LAGOS, WHICH DOES NOT PRODUCE ANY OIL, STOP COLLECTING OIL ALLOCATION AND LETS SEE HOW FAR IT SURVIVES. PLUS ALL THOSE REVENUE ARE COMING FROM YORUBA PEOPLE IN LAGOS? YOUR BOASTING IS AT BEST VACUOS.

Lagos rakes in well over 14 billion a month,

Yoruba people built so many firsts in Nigeria and Africa without oil money and they are about to do it again.

wetin hausa people dey do for you beside killing, slaughtering and chasing your people out of hausaland?

some igbo folks and boy boyism sha,
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 24, 2009
sjeezy8:

back to the topic please

Are sure you know the meaning of the word

you have justified all night the forceful relocation of a Nigerian to another part of Nigeria against their will

and yet you accuse someone else of tribalism

Nigerians sha!!!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 12:50am On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

What Isale Eko local government generate in revenue is more than all the Eastern states put together.
Oil money in Lagos? Lagos the commercial nerve centre of Africa?
Are u educated at all?

. . .Far from reality.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Stop sitting on the fence. . . .

Were Igbos evicted too?  grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahahahaha. . . . .Dem don evict Osisi's grandfather? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The only time i exchanged words with you in this thread was the time you brought up OUk comparing him to Fashola.Stop mistaking me for someone else abeg.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sagamite(m): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2009
oyinda.:

so you think that if there were 500 beggars and 480 of them were evited, the 20 left won't be making more money than if there were still 500?
and you think others who are poor won't be encouraged to join in to supplement their income?

Yes, the 20 would see a growth in their revenue but I do not think, according to your economics laws, you would see 300 or so new market entrants to fill the gap in the market.  grin

Most other poor in Nigeria try to work for their money as they are not nurtured to depend solely on begging. So I do not envisage a situation where they would drop their day job for the growth market of begging under the threat of state eviction.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 12:52am On Aug 24, 2009
babapupa:

Yoruba people built so many firsts in Nigeria and Africa without oil money and they are about to do it again.

wetin hausa people dey do for you beside killing, slaughtering and chasing your people out of hausaland?

Afaukwu is clueless. . . . . .He thinks he is talking to some village twerps here.
How can anyone say Lagos is surviving on oil money? Which stupid oil money?
The same oil money Northerners have used to develop their own states?
Some people are notoriously fickle.

asha 80:

The only time i exchanged words with you in this thread was the time you brought up OUk comparing him to Fashola.Stop mistaking me for someone else abeg.

Fuckever jare. . . . .stop moaning.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 12:52am On Aug 24, 2009
$osisi:

The guy you are talking to is not even from Lagos state
He is a migrant too
are Lagos state people Ekiti?

and so IF YOU CONTRIBUTE TO LAGOS YOU CAN STAY IF YOU DONT LEAVE
mikeansy:

Are sure you know the meaning of the word

you have justified all night the forceful relocation of a Nigerian to another part of Nigeria against their will

and yet you accuse someone else of tribalism

Nigerians sha!!!

Like i said its not about tribe we dont want useless people from outside in lagos
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Jaylon(m): 12:53am On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Afaukwu is clueless. . . . . .He thinks he is talking to some village twerps here.
How can anyone say Lagos is surviving on oil money? Which stupid oil money?
The same oil money Northerners have used to develop their own states?
Some people are notoriously fickle.

it's not just afaukwu sef , there are others here who don't realize Lagos generates more
money internally than the oil allocation.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 12:53am On Aug 24, 2009
babapupa:

did you read afaukwu's post where your fellow Yoruba people are gate crashing funerals  and weddings with babiallah plates? grin
begging is not a northern phenomenon.
That article shows your own beggars are very aggressive and dangerous.
abeg go siddon with your fist shaking
Jegede shokoya
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by TOPE20001(f): 12:53am On Aug 24, 2009
stillwater:

I tire undecided
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by oyinda3(f): 12:54am On Aug 24, 2009
Sagamite:

US has the resources to have alternative approaches. Lagos does not and is suffering under the overcrowding, this is expedient and harmless. The whole human right angle is just idealogy. Idealogy should not hold progress back.

Once Lagos develops and is well managed, then they can come back and it will have the resources to take care of them. They should not sink Lagos with them.

you make no sense whatsover. this idea of yours is very racist and tribalistic
who said US has the resources? have you been into an american ghetto? why didn't they deport african americans after hurricane katrina when there were no resources?

so you would support a racist ideology if it means more food for you? so by the same thought process, you will also support corruption and theft if it means more food for the criminal.
"ideology and morals shouldn't hold progress back." listen to yourself

"once lagos develops they can come back"
question is WHO ARE LAGOSIANS? who then has the right to remain in lagos? only rich people? didn't u just say that some poor yoruba beggars were also deported to ibadan

see how you make no sense?

That is why it is not tribalistic, as the productive ones are not being deported. Unproductive Yorubas are also being deported.

lol. and racist social darwinists are not racist either.  

It is likely to be unconstitutional but it is expedient. The Sharia states are also unconstitutional, we got on with life didn't we?

so you support sharia too?

Not really.

I think they will see sense when they see that the maigards are there to stay and the northerners in Ikoyi are enjoying their lives.

It will probably inspire them to make sure it is not their people being so destitute they are an eyesore.

I don't think the people are comparing their lives to maigards and alhajis like babangida. they are more concerned with themselves and their families and that's one of the reason they moved to lagos in the first place. just that it's a world where some turn out successful and others not so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

Caption These Pictures Of Ex-governor Amaechi / Festus Keyamo Blasts PDP Supporters, Calls Them "Ekpa" / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Net Worth And Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.