Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,923 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (30455 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / PHOTOS: Beggers In Front Of National Mosque When Buhari Came To Pray / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by oyinda3(f): 1:07am On Aug 24, 2009
Sagamite:

Beggars from Lagos should be catered for by Lagos government.

what defines beggar from lagos?
plus the constitution should have to make a provision for that before the govt start taking action anyways.

if nigeria was a real country that is. now we're just a mess and our people (rich and poor) are a mess.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Jaylon(m): 1:07am On Aug 24, 2009
babapupa:

Trust me, if igbo folks get a place like lagos for igboland, den no go even give a rat ass about fashola and some yeye beggars.
lol.

lol.  Na bad belle dey worry demm  grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Hauwa1: 1:07am On Aug 24, 2009
some of the beggars didn't ask to be unfortunate and poor. what is wrong if Mr. Fashola build a place to house them instead of deporting them? it is abt time Nigerians learn how to take care of the less fortunate in their midst. they should stay in Lagos where they have been calling home.

may God bless the poor beggars.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by TOPE20001(f): 1:08am On Aug 24, 2009
mikeansy:

Our problem is that u folks are always up in hand to lecture us on one Nigeria

But like this action and other litany of actions, you don't seem to believe in ONE NIGERIA

you wont even respect the constitution that binds us all together which says all Nigerians can live anywhere

Nobody is scared of Fashola, we are just tired of Hypocrisy from the WEST.

ONE Nigeria when it is convenient and re-inventing the constitution when it suits you.

Oh plssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Even if a family member is staying in ur house and not working but eating your food, wont u get fed up too?
talkless of hundreds of beggers just roaming abt doing nothing to help the economy.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 1:08am On Aug 24, 2009
TOPE2000!:

So why are u guys shouting? grin
Fashola is the governor of Lagos state and he can do wateva je pleases with the state. if you dont like it, stay in your state. cool

Did "your father" heed that advice and stay in his state?
No he can't do whatever he likes
Lagos is a state in Nigeria and not a sovereign state within Nigeria
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 1:09am On Aug 24, 2009
babapupa:

Trust me, if igbo folks get a place like lagos for igboland, den no go even give a rat ass about fashola and some yeye beggars.
lol.

Don't mind those Igbos with their orange soil.

TOPE2000!:

Fashola is the governor of Lagos state and he can do wateva je pleases with the state. if you dont like it, stay in your state. cool

Where were they when Northern Governors were introducing Sharia in turns knowing some Yoruba peops in their state are christians?
We all accepted their way of life and kept to their rules when visiting. . . . .Mallams should also respect ours.
In Lagos State. . . .Thou shall not beg on the streets. If you do, you get evicted. . . .Shikena!!!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 1:09am On Aug 24, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Just pointing out double talk. cool
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by oyinda3(f): 1:09am On Aug 24, 2009
*Hauwa*:

some of the beggars didn't ask to be unfortunate and poor. what is wrong if Mr. Fashola build a place to house them instead of deporting them? it is abt time Nigerians learn how to take care of the less fortunate in their midst. they should stay in Lagos where they have been calling home.

Thank you!

fashola should be going after the real criminals AREA BOYS instead! not helpless beggars. i am dissapointed.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 1:10am On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Where were they when Northern Governors were introducing Sharia in turns knowing some Yoruba peops in their state are christians?
We all accepted their way of life and kept to their rules when visiting. . . . .Mallams should also respect ours.
In Lagos State. . . .Thou shall not beg on the streets. If you do, you get evicted. . . .Shikena!!!

Go back to Ekiti state where your father came from.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by babapupa: 1:10am On Aug 24, 2009

But like this action and other litany of actions, you don't seem to believe in ONE NIGERIA

you wont even respect the constitution that binds us all together which says all Nigerians can live anywhere

ONE Nigeria when it is convenient and re-inventing the constitution when it suits you.

17 billion naira vamoose from the treasury and this man dey lose sleep because fashola comot beggars from lagos, na wa o grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 24, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Now why are the igbos taking pandol for other people headache undecided

Are u scared fashola will send all the spare part seller back to where they came from? grin cheesy

That's the fear.

oyinda.:

i wasn't referring to you. read the quote that i was responding to before jumping into an argument.
he was talking about productive people versus unproductive people.
if you were crippled with your legs cut off i don't think you would be here on nairaland. or counting yourself among the productive people.

In my opinion the armed robbers and kidnappers that are rampant in lagos are more dangerous than these crippled beggars, women and children. why isn't fashola going after those people?

You see how you shoot yourself in order to sound reasonable? For your information I have a disability and I'm here on Nairaland, what does that say of statement? cheesy
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 1:11am On Aug 24, 2009
$osisi:

Go back to Ekiti state where your father came from.

I have landed properties in Lagos. . . .
Don't compare me with your grandfather who had nothing after 50 years in Lagos State.
No wonder his gray ass is being deported back to Aba.

I tick all Fashola's boxes to be in Lagos.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by TOPE20001(f): 1:11am On Aug 24, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Tinubu did build them houses, did they stay there? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
They enjoyin begging more cheesy
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by oyinda3(f): 1:11am On Aug 24, 2009
most lagosians aren't even originally from lagos. why should the richer people have more claim to the state than the beggars!?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 24, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Oh plssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Even if a family member is staying in your house and not working but eating your food, wont u get fed up too?
talkless of hundreds of beggers just roaming abt doing nothing to help the economy.

That is you house and you have every right to declare people persona non-grata

But Fashola has no power to pick and chose which Nigerian can live in Lagos

It is criminal, the constitution must be respected at all times

otherwise we should be having a different debate to negotiate Lagos' soverignty
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 1:12am On Aug 24, 2009
oyinda.:

Thank you!

fashola should be going after the real criminals AREA BOYS instead! not helpless beggars. i am dissapointed.

Where awon boiz go chop if they are removed?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 1:12am On Aug 24, 2009
mikeansy:

Yes o
If one part onf Nigeria wants to leave now,they'll hike up their shokoto and shout one Nigeria
Hypocrites of the highest level.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 1:12am On Aug 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

lol dem get redsoil and grass  everywhere
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 1:12am On Aug 24, 2009
The funny thing about some of those defending Fashola's action is, when you attempt to reason with them in other topics, they start telling you about God and Jesus. Yet these same people are the first to defend the deportation of beggers. Hypocrites.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by TOPE20001(f): 1:13am On Aug 24, 2009
$osisi:

Did "your father" heed that advice and stay in his state?
No he can't do whatever he likes
Lagos is a state in Nigeria and not a sovereign state within Nigeria

Was your father begging in lagos when he came?
My father didnt  come to lagos to beg, so no he cant be evicted cuz he working cool AND HE AINT COMPLAINING ABT FASHOLA'S RULES EITHER
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Aug 24, 2009
Sagamite:

I am not saying they would all of a sudden stop begging.
They would continue begging but in places where they cannot be evicted, like Kaduna, Kano and Bauchi.
Trying to do it in Lagos would be too expensive and stressful and not as attractive anymore as the forementioned.
Beggars from Lagos should be catered for by Lagos government.
If Yorubas are pestered, no problem, they would return but the northern society would virtually be unfunctional for a while.

I don’t think begging as a northerner in Lagos has ever been attractive. Anyways, I sense that no matter how much we try to roll this, it still comes down to tribal roots and not much. I mean we are already picking them apart by place where they come from. I just wonder what criteria the state uses in this case to determine who gets to be deported and who gets to stay. If State of origin, then what of those who have been in Lagos long enough to be considered legal residents of the state?

In my opinion, this is illegal and the state ought to find other ways of punishing these people rather than creating potential issues for the state. These beggars could be used for free /cheap labor by the state as punishment or something for them begging in the state. Deportation, should not even be an option unless the beggars explicitly state they would like to be. I mean following the constitution, someone could actually take the state to court and get paid big time for this. Beggars, regardless of their states of origin are also covered by the law.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by oyinda3(f): 1:13am On Aug 24, 2009
stillwater:

You see how you shoot yourself in order to sound reasonable? For your information I have a disability and I'm here on Nairaland, what does that say of statement? cheesy

do you have both of your legs cut off? and aren't you abroad?  i don't think americans deport citizens to other countries for being beggars and cripples.
what is a disability in US is not a disability in naija anyways. you could be obese for all i care. that counts as a disability here in the US.
NIGERIA DOESN'T RECOGNIZE DISABILITY so i don't know what you're on about.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by CrudeOil2(m): 1:13am On Aug 24, 2009
This is going to get ugly.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 1:14am On Aug 24, 2009
oyinda.:

most lagosians aren't even originally from lagos. why should the richer people have more claim to the state than the beggars!?

If there's an award for the most stupid poster on this thread, you should win it unopposed.
Why are the rich on Rodeo drive and some are in the ghettos of Compton in California?
Do u think with your feet? Gosh. . . . .I have met stupid people in ma life but these NLers take the cake.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Hauwa1: 1:14am On Aug 24, 2009
for real? build them houses? are you sure?  grin build them houses indeedy  grin are there light, water, and basic amenities in there undecided?
i dont think they just ran away from the house Mr. Tinubu built for them. tell me more Tope.

let them stay in Lagos and mr. Fash should fight the area boys and agberos (those i hate so bad) with their red eyes and stinking mouth  grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 1:14am On Aug 24, 2009
Jaylon:

Hausa people don massacre 10 igbos within these few minutes you
are defending them.

Tens more will be massacred within the next few minutes

Please get your priority straight. Yorubas are not igbo people enemies

and perhaps 5 Yorubas
Ode!
I am not a big fan of Hausas but unlike you,I can point out evil metted to my "enemies" as evil
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Jaylon(m): 1:15am On Aug 24, 2009
mikeansy:

I will ask Fashola to exempt you igbos from the eviction so you will be happy.

Because i know you could care less about begging hausas
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by oyinda3(f): 1:15am On Aug 24, 2009
In my opinion, this is illegal

simple, short and straight to the point!!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 1:16am On Aug 24, 2009
TOPE2000!:

My father didnt  come to lagos to beg, so no he cant be evicted cuz he working cool AND HE AINT COMPLAINING ABT FASHOLA'S RULES EITHER

MINT!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by chic2pimp(m): 1:16am On Aug 24, 2009
Crude Oil:

This is going to get ugly.
don't mind them jare. Everything na Insults for NL.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by TOPE20001(f): 1:16am On Aug 24, 2009
mikeansy:

That is you house and you have every right to declare people persona non-grata

But Fashola has no power to pick and chose which Nigerian can live in Lagos

It is criminal, the constitution must be respected at all times

otherwise we should be having a different debate to negotiate Lagos' soverignty

Well lagos is fashola's state too and he has every right tongue
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 24, 2009
TOPE2000!:

I wonder why they are twisting the whole thing. These people left their homeland solely to come and beg in another man's place. Of what use are they?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply)

Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User / Fulani Herdsmen Have Killed 168 Nigerians In 2018 - Amnesty International / Orji Uzor-kalu: I Picked Abaribe From The Gutter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.